PDA

View Full Version : All right, stop, collaborate and listen

Ashiakin
03-28-06, 10:09 PM
This is my re-post of Ashiakin. Since I already have my EXP, all I need is my 4710 GP. I took away some of the abilities and physical attributes that he had, because I felt he was a little too powerful. Hopefully what I have now will be to your liking. This is meant to reflect a level five character.

Name: Ashiakin Xan-ris Azzarak
Sex: Male
Race: Demon (Ice Elemental)
Hair: White
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'0''
Weight: 160 lbs

Appearance

Ashiakin is tall and thin, but easily manages to carry himself gracefully. Most would call him beautiful in an androgynous, otherworldly sort of way. Almost of his skin is a pale white that sometimes seems to glow like the surface of the moon (except for a few features that are a cold, dead blue--his nails, his lips, his eyes.) His hair is straight and dazzling white, cut so that it touches the tips of his shoulders. It looks as if it were crafted from thin, silky strands of snow and ice. He is almost always clad in stylish, expensive clothes of silky blues and swirling whites, but he carries a discolored cloak to conceal himself from curious eyes if he needs to move about without being seen.

Possessions

Ashiakin's arsenal of weapons currently includes a recurved composite bow of ulder wood and stone golem hide, several bow strings, a quiver of fifty barbed arrows, a mythril long sword, two mythril long knives, and twelve mythril shurikens. He owns two magical artifacts: Hel's Armlet, which allows the wearer the option of enchanting any attack with ice, and a Firesbane Amulet, which briefly grants the wearer invulnerability to fire but must be recharged for long periods of time. Freya, Ashiakin's snow hawk familiar, accompanies Ashiakin when he does not have her set to other tasks. She has no abilities of her own, but the pair share a telepathic link and can look through one each other's eyes whenever they wish.

Unique Biology

Ashiakin is immortal in the sense that his physical appearance will never alter for as long as he lives. Due to the strange circumstances of his creation, he simply does not know how long he will live. After researching the subject, he estimates that he has lived for over six hundred years, minus a ten thousand year period of forced hibernation after the War of the Tap. He is aware that he can be slain in combat just like any mortal, that he is immune to disease, and that most poisons only have a mild effect on him. Being an ice elemental, Ashiakin is vastly more vulnerable to fire than a normal person.

Mysterious winds follow Ashiakin wherever he goes. They are never very strong, but subtle and unnaturally cold. He seems capable of summoning and silencing them on command, mostly using them as theater. Ashiakin is more graceful and slightly quicker than most humans. His strength, however, is less than that of most average mortals. His wounds also heal unusually fast, so that he can recover from a life-threatening injury in about a week, provided that he stays sequestered and does not move around.

Under Ashiakin's finger-nails are three-inch blades of ice that can be extended and retracted according to his whim. They currently have the strength of mythril. While he does not require food or water to live, he can ingest these things while suffering no harm. They would simply give him an extremely minor boost in energy. Ashiakin can gain much more energy by stealing warmth from living creatures. This is most easily accomplish by close physical contact of any sort, yet it can also be done more slowly by standing near the victim. If he steals too much warmth, the victim can die. This rarely happens, however, as it is a feat that can only be performed if the victim is weak-willed, physically coerced, or willing.

Skills

Stealth and Secrecy - Ashiakin can move quietly and unobtrusively, allowing him to spy, avoid confrontations, or simply avoid being seen.
Combat and Command - When fighting, Ashiakin is best with his bow. He is fair with the sword, but his skill with his other weapons falls short of impressive. Due to this, he prefers to avoid conflicts or dispatch of his enemies with arrows or trickery. Ashiakin is an above-average battlefield commander and can lead troops and strategize fairly effectively.
Politics and Demagoguery - Ashiakin is capable of quickly assessing political situations and turning them to his advantage. He is a skilled orator and can work his charms on national leaders and peasants alike.
Spies and Informants - Thanks to his renewed interests in the politics of Althanas, Ashiakin's network of spies and informants is starting to grow. He has agents all across Althanas, ranging from commoners to knights, wealthy merchants to aristocrats. It is currently not a large network, but it has been starting to expand and seems to have a bright future.

Magic

Ice Elemental Magic - Ashiakin can create ice to be used as projectiles or otherwise, but never in gratuitous amounts. If there is water nearby, Ashiakin can freeze it and bend it to his will. He is capable of slightly more powerful ice magic this way, whether the water is already frozen or not.
Telekinesis - He can move anything nearby only using his mind, though the further something away and the heavier it is, the harder it is for him to move. For example, a large object a hundred feet away he could hardly budge, but he could easily manipulate a small weapon that was close.

History

I've been having trouble with Ashiakin's history lately. My original history for him had him existing in Salvar during the War of the Tap, but I've recently decided that it does not make sense for the Salvar that I described in his history to have existed then. So I don't have all the kinks there worked out yet. However, I'm only like one quest or a couple battle victories away from leveling up. So on my level six update, I will post a complete history of his past and his Althanas days. I hope that's okay for right now. Sorry.

Occupation and Current Activities

Ashiakin is currently in the employ of Iorlan Rathaxea, the King of Salvar. While he is an advisor and a military commander, his main job appears to be acting as a Salvic diplomat. Lately he has been traveling around all of Althanas, contacting and observing its various governments for Salvar. He is also the leader of Malice, the gang of international kingpins and criminals formerly run by Max Dirks. Nothing has been heard from Malice since their successful assault on the Gray Braves HQ in Salvar. It is unknown whether Malice has broken up or is simply lying low for the time being.

Dissinger
03-29-06, 03:45 PM
Approved.