PDA

View Full Version : Pack of Familiar Faces

BuzzSaw22
11-05-08, 11:13 PM
Ace was sitting in the far back corner of the bar sipping on his Coors Light and thumbing threw his "Ork war bible", when he heard the three men sitting at the next table start talking about something oddly familiar sounding.

"It was huge! Easley 15 feet tall!" one of the men said

"No way! I heard they only grow to 10 feet, at the most." another one added

Ace looked up and examined the three men, they looked to be farmers, and maybe shop keeps, but definitely not warriors.

Ace spoke up, "Now I could not help but hear what you were saying." Ace smiled a sick and sadistic smile, “what exactly are you talking about?”

Ace sat and listened to the first man explain the whole story,
- the town just down the road
- the werewolf attacks
- the fact that 90% of the original population is now dead
- and the bounty the mayor put on the alpha wolfs head

When the man had finished talking ace stood up and headed for the door

“Hey where you going?” one of the men asked

“To kill the wolf, and collect the bounty.” Ace said smugly and he walked out the door

Lisean
11-05-08, 11:42 PM
Ahh.. the Promenade. Always lived up to its peaceful reputation. Whenever you take leave of the region for some time, and when you find yourself pondering if all is right in the world, you can always come back here and die knowing at least this abyssmal place stayed the same all along. Things change. Places change. People change.. and it makes my stomach turn to know that I am no different.

Amidst the idle chatter of assorted groups of patrons singling themselves off in an attempt to form packs and get right to business, there was the single entity standing alone in the far corners of the inn that evening. The man dare not show his face. Heck, he could've been confused for a statue, with regards to how his arms were folded and the fact his salmon-coloured eyes were searching the promenade from behind a flat-surfaced facemask which was adorned, hiding his identity from the world of today. There was prosperity here in this day and age. Something he had not formerly been welcomed to, and therefore took no chances in grasping it. Holding to the dear calm moments of life usually winded up tragic. It was when you lost yourself in bliss that you lost everything, as he had once learned.

The fireplace sitting to his right seemed to crack in tune to the sound of a farmers conversation, tuning Lisean's ears to pick up and follow the words accordingly. The wonders alcohol worked. Oh, how blinded the pack was in letting out such dreadful news aloud. Some of the patrons must've choked on their copper's worth of ale and flushed their splendid evenings away over imagining the vile atrocity described. The man however, found himself wishing to know more of this.. werewolf. A lycanthrope? In the midsts of the promenade? Surely, this must've been an adventurer's lucky day. Of course, with such unknown terrors to roam the land came the great risk. And with great risk came great reward.

Ears also heard of a man making an immediate decision of heading out to track down said threat out in the country, and upon hearing such blabber, the necromancer could not help but to push himself off the wall with a foot taking him forward. The statue had sprung to life, and even bedazzled the intoxicated.

"Ha! I told ya he wasn't a statue, Pete!"

"Ahhhhhh shaddup!"

Lisean's steps were silent amongst the floorboards, assisted by the ramblin' drunks who kept his stealthy presence at a low. Moments after the man had stepped outside, the cloaked figure followed after him.

"I take it you're going to want to see the mayor first.." the suggested was forwarded as Lisean descended the Peaceful Promenade steps. Should the man turned to inspect him, all he would find is that golden faceplate staring at him, with black pits of shadow hiding the colour of Lisean's eyes. Under the parted cloak at the chest was a thin layer of golden armor, not nearly well ornate enough to absorb a blow, and a large book held seemingly by chains wrapped within the garb.

"So, what would you say to making less work with more hands, and splitting the reward right down the middle?"

BuzzSaw22
11-06-08, 12:29 AM
The man who followed Ace out of the bar spoke the truth, not knowing what to expect it would be convenient to have help. Ace did not turn to see if the man looked as if he could help, nor did the thought even cross his mind. Ace was focused on the reward, and maybe with luck this stranger would die in battle and Ace would get the full reward all to him self.

"I don’t like people, and I don’t like elves, nor do I like dwarfs, orks, goblins, or any other race found on this planet. However I do enjoy money and its better to be alive with little money then dead with none, I will accept your help and split the pot right down the center."

Ace turned and extended a hand to the stranger, "I am a man of honor, I am heading to the mayors house now. If you are ready you are welcome to come along, but if not I am leaving without you." Ace stood with his had outreached waiting for a response

Lisean
11-06-08, 12:42 AM
The hidden eyes of the necromancer took the time to study the taller frame of the stranger from behind while it stood in one place, debating on whether to adapt to the idea of company or not. It was a stage Lisean himself had to go through at one point, only he eventually grew into it, and wound up accepting the occasional soul under the right circumstances. Besides, at his strength, he was better off under watch of a trained fighter, until he could manage to pick himself off his feet and find enough skill with a melee weapon to challenge another man.

A "Hmph," was forced out, making the blatant attempted at humour strike a more friendly nerve that the man had to have possessed somewhere deep in that careless brain of his. Lisean's arms slowly fell to either of his sides as he spoke again in response to the man's claims. "Splendid. If the prey however possesses something I find of interest, know that I will be most obliged to cut the share in more of your favor. The gold is not much of a concern to me.. but the apparatus itself. Now that may prove useful towards my research."

At the gesture of the hand held out before him, Lisean merely waved it off. "No need to spread the plague of companionship, sir. It will happen if its bound too after we see how we fare as a team," he answered, bowing respectfully towards the mercenary. The necromancer casually walked around to the man's side, passing him and heading towards the edge of the village, and the largest, most luxurious of the homes. "Just pray this mayor has a few articles of silver he'd be willing to negotiate for."

BuzzSaw22
11-06-08, 10:18 AM
Ace lowered his hand as the man walked around to his side and headed to the house, “he’d better be willing to pay when we get back with the lycanthrope’s head, or ill cut the silver from his hand” Ace turned and followed the stranger, truth be told Ace really had no idea where to even start looking for the beasts.

After a long walk threw town, they finally came to the mayor’s main gate. The gate was about 20 feet tall and looked to be made of cast iron; the gate was closed and padlocked! This mayor did not seem like he wanted to take any chances with these beasts. “How do we get to him with this gate in the way?” just as the words left Ace’s mouth there was a horrible yell from within the mayor’s house

“HELLLPPP!!” the mayor came running out towards the gate “help me, Help Me!” as the mayor reached the gate, there was a loud crash from the house. Ace looked back at the door; all he could see was a huge white lycanthrope standing on the two huge doors that were once in the frame of the door way, as the lycanthrope let out a massive howl it stood up tall and straight and Ace got a glimpse of what the farmers were talking about. The white lycanthrope was easily 8 or 9 feet tall, maybe even 10, but nowhere close to 15 like the farmer in the bar had explained. Meanwhile the mayor was fiddling with the lock at the gate, as Ace stood helpless on the other side (not that he cared much, he was not garneted his money yet). Ace looked at the ski it was probably around 3 in the morning by now. “What are you doing? Help me! Don’t you know who I am?” the mayor yelled at the pair of men standing at the gate.

“What’s in it for us?” Ace replied

BuzzSaw22
11-07-08, 02:02 PM
"Gold! Ill gives you gold" the mayor yelled "Gold, Women, Power, ANYTHING! Just help!" the mayor was still trying to get the lock off the gate.

“How much gold?” Ace asked

“All of it, everything I own! Just help me … please” the mayor started to cry, dropped to his knees and started to pray. The white lycanthrope began to run at the mayor the short distance between the house and the gate barley gave Ace time to react. Ace jumped on to the gate and began pulling himself up the gate. The lycanthrope was almost to the mayor; Ace reached the top of the gate just in time, with one last good push Ace threw his entire body over the top of the gate, he reached for his blades the were settled in there sheaths hanging off of his waste. The lycanthrope jumped at the mayor, Ace pulled his two weapons from there resting place and landed on the back of the huge lycanthrope slamming it face first into the ground. The lycanthrope pushed off the ground with all its might, throwing itself and Ace a good 10 feet into the air, the lycanthrope landed a few feet away on its feet ready to fight, Ace on the other hand landed flat on his back. The White lycanthrope let out another huge howl and turned and ran towards the back wall with one leap the lycanthrope reached the top of the 15 foot brick wall, and with one more push the lycanthrope was gone, Disappeared into the trees. Ace stood back up and walked over to the mayor, he reached out his hand. The mayor reached for aces hand to accept the offer for help up but ace quickly pulled his hand away.

“I wasn’t offering to help you, I want my gold” Ace said rudely

“What gold?” The mayor replied “you did not kill it; you don’t have its head with you, you haven’t earned any gold yet!”

Ace opened his mouth as if he was going to say something, but instead he ran the tip of his tongue from one side of his mouth to the other and looked off to the side. The mayor stood up and brushed him self off, Ace turned back to the mayor, grabbed him by the throat and slammed him back against the gate, “Listen to me you cheep, pompous, little man I could have let the beast ring you throat and eat you for its dinner, but I didn’t, and why? Because you said you’d give me gold. Now you ether deliver the gold or next time you need my help ill leave you for lycan bate, Got it?”

“Get your hands off me you animal!” the mayor said “Now I am the mayor, I rule this town and you will do what I say when I say and you will be good and pleased to do so. Do you got that?”

Ace let the mayor go and began to climb the gate again, “you’ll regret that tomorrow night” ace said as he reached the top of the gate and jumped down, “you can help him if you want but I’m out.” Ace said to his mysterious companion as he left to walk down the road back towards the bar.

(I am wishing to end this thread … it has been fun RPing with you, you’re a pretty good writer :D maybe we will RP together again someday. If you want you can continue the story I just want out of this Rp. it is the 7th of november 3:03pm, if you wish to continue Pm me and I wont submit it for judging, if I don’t get a message by the 10th i will assume you don’t want to continue and i will submit it for judging and get the thread closed! Fyi I like your character concept, you have given me many ideas for new characters)

Lisean
11-07-08, 05:43 PM
The gate was an omen in itself, just for having been closed. Lisean, the smaller of the two men, tossed his head back slowly just to let his eyes reach the top of the structure. While the mercenary was pondering what to do next, it seemed a man came screaming from inside, yelling as he made his way towards the gate, begging for help. Even with the frightened innocent calling for assistance, the necromancer seemed strangely indifferent, eyeing the gate. One may have thought him to be a little slow, as he vocally forwarded his comments regarding the barrier to the mayor's house.

"Damnit."

The hidden salmon hues of the dark figure lowered to gaze upon the fear evident on the mayor's weak form. Behind the mask, a small smile of sorts enlightened nothing more than the stranger himself. Yes, he was one to help those in need for a good coin or a good reward, but the mild sadist in him, and the man that loved seeing another in fear on top of studying the dead, could not help but to amuse himself for awhile in the mayor's display. Lisean only turned his head when the mercenary asked about a reward. Intriguing. Moronic in the man's state.. yet intriguing.

"Oh, just get a move on already. I'm sure the town will reward you even if his promises are empty," the necromancer remarked, in an attempt to influence the greed in the man to force him into killing the blasted thing. Why? Because Lisean wanted the blasted things remains. While the man charged over the gate, the necromancer chuckled silently to himself. He couldn't believe what the man would do for a coin. Almost like a peasant, he thought. Sighing, the necromancer seemed relatively calm as he worked on the lock of the door, nodding the mayor over to help him open it. The nobleman did of course, seeing yet another body to act as a distraction before he himself joined the damned. There was absolutely nothing for Lisean to worry about. After all, the gate was there, and the lycanthrope was occupied with the ally.

Once the cast iron walls parted, Lisean rose a hand from out of his cloak, setting it on the mayor's shoulder. The werewolf had disappeared, and it was in Lisean's intentions to grab the man's attention while it was still alert. "Look.. For now, that monster is still out there. I'd be wise in choosing your words right now, mayor. Should you not think on them, you may just lose the only capable assistance you've got right now," Lisean explained, calming the man down in his distress.

The necromancer only gave a small nod in signs of a farewell to the mercenary, waving him off like he were yesterday's encounter. Once the man disappeared into the night, Lisean's faceplate turned back to the mayor, gleaming in the moonlight. "Now, I will help you.. but in exchange, I require a few articles of silver to help against the foul creature. If you want your home, and your people to be safe, you will comply. It will make the task much easier, and who knows? Maybe before the sun is up, you could have your village free from harm."

While the mayor shook under the palm of Lisean still on his shoulder, the necromancer slowly held his free hand up, offering a shake.

"Do we have a deal?"

(( End of my part in this thread. I'll probably make this into a seperate quest for those interested. If you are, PM me and I'll get back to you in regards to starting it up. Until then, hope yall enjoyed the short read. Buzzsaw, you're welcome to submit. ))

Taskmienster
12-13-08, 02:11 AM
Pack of Familiar Faces

Due to the fact that this thread did not reach the 10 post requirement, it’s been waiting a long time, and I’ve taken too long already I will be limiting the depth of my judgment. This does not mean, however, that I’m not reading any more or less thoroughly than any other thread. If you require further assistance with understanding what you did wrong or right I am always just a PM or IM away and would be more than happy to help.

STORY (8/30)

~ Continuity ~ 3

BuzzSaw22: You need to add in a back story and tell me who the character is; otherwise I’ll know nothing about who I’m reading about. It also helps when you do that because it gives me an explanation of why you are acting certain ways, why you think certain things, stuff like that.

~ Setting ~ 3

BuzzSaw22: The opening post, with the ‘coors light’… we don’t have those on Althanas unless you came from the real world Earth and happened to bring one with you.

~ Pacing ~ 2 (it just stopped…)

Lisean: You tend to have long winded sentences that carry on and on. Be careful because they tend to draw the reader and the longer they are the harder it is to truly get a feel for what’s being said.

BuzzSaw22: You don’t need to split a post into two separate posts, it can stay together.

CHARACTER (11/30)

~ Dialogue ~ 5

~ Action~ 3

~ Persona ~ 3

WRITING STYLE (17/30)

~ Technique ~ 4

~ Mechanics ~ 6

Be careful to read over your posts so you can avoid the simple word confusions and misspelled words here and there.

~ Clarity ~ 7

WILD CARD!!! 5

TOTAL

(41/100)

GAINS/REWARDS!

Since this wasn’t completed, I’m not going with the standard way to issue the exp/gp. Just giving you both 100 experience and 50 gold.

Taskmienster
12-29-08, 04:27 PM
exp and gp added!