when the workers come to collect their wages
now the straw men are swaying in the distance
the have-nots calling in the listless wind
whispering for retribution
waiting for some voice to call them
from the bottom
where you left them

- Project 86 – “A Text Message to the So-called Emperor”

The day of the Red Hand is upon us, once again. Long ago, when this once-mighty clan relinquished its grip on the economy and returned underground, it was foretold that one day it would return in force with a renewed purpose and a renewed drive. In its wake came The Gol’Bron, which was but a shadow of the former clan, but the true Red Hand still remained; hidden and waiting quietly for the time when she would rise again and return to her former glory.

The Red Hand has returned, and has taken up its former cause of fighting for the rights of the common man. We are a tribe of honest men, driven to war to uphold our beliefs and way of life. Every day men of the working class are oppressed by the tyranny of the rich and the arrogant. All across Althanas these so-called leaders tread upon the poor on their way to obtain more power by wickedness and corruption; but no longer.

The Red Hand operates out of Pandemonium’s Fist, the underground fortress carved out of Mt. Drakenthrone by Ithermoss himself. We work in secret, gaining power and fighting for the common man by any means necessary. Wicked men will fall dead by our blades, and destruction will lie in our wake, but out of this death we shall create a new life and a new hope for the oppressed and weary. We will return power to those who deserve it.

We will rise to our former place of glory; and all will fear our name.

Rules:
1. The Chieftain has final power over everything. This is not a democracy, and the Red Hand has always run this way. Below him, all members must respect those who outrank them, but all must remember that this is a brotherhood and not abuse power, lest we fall the way of the arrogant leaders we despise.

2. All members must complete a quest to obtain a “sigil”. This sigil must be an outward display of membership to the Red Hand. It can take any form such as a ring, tattoo, weapon, piece of clothing, etc., but it must bear the symbol of the Red Hand, and must be worn at all times. It will grant its owner one new ability or power. (Similar to the crests of the Façade, for those who remember)
This is the symbol of the Red Hand: 1796

3. The Chieftain and members of the Council may not be members of any other clan. No members may be members of a clan we are openly hostile toward.

Sorahn
11-09-08, 08:03 PM
Updated 11/12/08

The Chieftain - Sorahn un’ Rohnahmeh – The Chieftain is the absolute leader of the clan. He has final say in all decisions and is ultimately responsible for the direction of the clan, free from bureaucracy and indecision.

The Council – The Council is made up of advisors to the Chieftain. They are chosen at his discretion and provide advice to aid the Chieftain in his decisions. One special council member, called the Second, is able to make decisions when the Chieftain is absent or unable, and may take his place if he dies. Members of the Council may not be a member of any other clan, to prevent conflicts of interest.

Ranger Nailo – Second
Lorenor V’halkulus

Brothers of The Fist – These are clansmen that have shown exceptional devotion to the clan. Members of this rank are chosen by the Chieftain and can be nominated by members of the Council. They outrank normal clansmen and should be respected as loyal members of the clan.

None as of yet.

Clansmen – These are men who have proven their loyalty to the clan and can be trusted. These men are the foundation of the clan and are relied upon for many tasks.

MetalDrago Scorpio

Initiates – These are new recruits who are not yet full members as their loyalty has not yet been proven. Clan secrets can not be shared with these men. Members of this group need to complete their initiation quest and/or a mission for the benefit of the clan.

Rith Crosis-Treva Darigaaz
Tenmatsu Tenimi
Lisean Lemot
Uukan Kimari
A'rai Dienn Salaturn
Torin Reahkari
Zee
Tyrael Ange

Everyone else that was on the member list I haven't heard from in ages, so I've removed them. If you are still active and not on this list, please post in this thread and I'll add you back.

Sorahn
11-09-08, 08:04 PM
Updated 12/20/08 - Missions Claimed! Yay!

Current assignments:

- A hired ship laden with supplies for our fledgling colony in Salvar must sail through waters patrolled by known pirates. The ship is armed with a few cannons, but skilled warriors are needed to fight off the pirates before they steal any of the cargo. Bonus: Should you manage a total defeat of the pirates, return with their gold for our treasury and you will receive half of it to divide amongst yourselves. Requires 2-4 people.

- We’ve caught word that a convoy of supply wagons will soon head through a mountain pass bound for the encampment of soldiers assigned to our oppression. It is probably loaded with food and possibly weapons. Ensure this convoy never reaches its destination. Should you find any weapons in the convoy, return with them for our war efforts, and help yourselves to the best among them. Requires 2-4 people. One spot claimed by Metal Drago, and another by DN or Barbarian. If you still want in, contact one of them.

- We’ve received word that the empire is planning a full scale assault on a large rebel encampment in the north. Infiltrate the army’s command post in that region and obtain knowledge of their battle plan. Take this information to the rebel army to aid them in their battle. With knowledge of the enemy’s plans, their victory should be guaranteed. Use this to gain favor with the rebels and convince them to aid us in our war efforts. Requires 1-3 people.

In Progress

Red Shadows (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17890) - PM Death's Nephew if you want in
The Forgotten Fist (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=12195) - Open to clan members
Justice Depends on your Perspective (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=10762) - All clan members

Completed

A Time of Prophecy (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=5926) – Ranger & Lorenor – 61
Reestablishing What was Lost (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=5803) – All clan members – 57.5

Sorahn
11-09-08, 08:05 PM
12/18/2008

Guys we're getting a very long list of initiates and so far none have progressed to full members because no one is doing anything. Keep in mind that this clan requires effort. I realize that it's the holiday season and things are a little weird, plus there's the ToL going on. But many you have been initiates for almost a month and a half. I had people begging me to post up missions and now that I have only MD has expressed any interest in completing any.

Keep in mind, too, that if nothing on the mission board particularly catches your interest and you have a better idea for a mission, please discuss it with me. Also, if you want me to do an intro post or anything like that for your mission just let me know.

Once we get through the ToL and Christmas and all that junk we really need to hit this hard. If it comes down to it I will start removing people for inactivity. Right now is a crazy time so don't worry about it for now, but please be thinking about how you want to contribute to the clan. We're going to be pushing a lot in 09.

Lisean
11-09-08, 11:34 PM
If it's alright with you, Sorahn, I'd like to invest in possibly tagging along for a mission to earn Lisean his sigil of membership into the Red Hand. If any members of the group wish to assist Lisean in a questline/mission feel free to send a PM so I can get back to you.

Uukan Kimari
11-10-08, 12:44 AM
I don't ever remember getting Uukan's sigil. I'd like to reenlist as an member of the Red Hand.

Rith
11-10-08, 06:19 AM
As soon as you post a mission I'll begin a quest for my sigil.

And also under the Powergroup listing is there a "Red Hand" selection or do we stay as the Gol'bron?

Witchblade
11-10-08, 09:00 AM
I'd love to rejoin The Red Hand again and again, and again. (geez, how amny times is this clan going to be remade? XD) However, withthe storyline Witchblade is currently in, I can't join with her for now. I will be more than happy to join with my Dark Temptress account though. I wanted her to join the Gol'bron and thought she was technically a member, the initiation quest never took place.

Uukan Kimari
11-10-08, 09:57 AM
*Uukan was part of the Black Hand because he forgot about it and didn't require of sigil to become a member of the Red Hand

I just remembered, lol

I want a sigil, though.

Sorahn
11-10-08, 02:09 PM
I thought this might generate some interest pretty quickly.

Lisean: That's fine. Lets see if some of the oldbies jump in here and offer their services.

Sigils are a new thing. The RH didn't have them before, they're something I came up with. I did it for a few reasons. One is to encourage clan activity. Two is to give new members an initiation quest and see how they do. And three is to give the clan a bit of a unique aspect. Yes the idea of a clan item was done before by the Facade, but everyone noticed them.

Anyway, anyone is free to solo quest them or go in together and get two at a time or however they want to do it. Just like the crests of the Facade, there's no strict storyline that must be adhered to. You can get something significant for your character or do something for the clan and receive it as a reward. Whatever you want to do.

This is the last iteration of the clan. It's the real clan. This is how Ithermoss left it originally when he put me in charge. When he came back is when he changed it to the Gol'Bron and since that's how he left it the second time that's how it was resurrected. But I personally couldn't really get into it, and I know a few other people felt the same way. The Thayne beliefs will continue for those who are interested, but I want to move the main focus of the clan away from that.

Also... there will be no sects. I thought they divided the clan too much and prevented real unity. So consider the red and black hands merged to be sort of a dark red. ;) There probably won't be a whole lot of focus on money and trades anymore either. Mainly because that is what led to the downfall of the group last time. However if your character has a trade and you want to practice it then by all means go for it.

The missions will hopefully go up sometime today. If not then tomorrow. For now they will mostly be focused on fighting off the oppression of the Corone government and expanding our power.

I will add all of you to the roster as initiates for now.

As for having a "Red Hand" listing under groups, I don't have the Mod Powerz to change the name Gol'Bron to the Red Hand, but that was part of the reason why I re-submitted the group for approval. Hopefully that type stuff will be taken care of soon.

Witchy... do you want me to add dark temptress to the roster or do you want to wait until plot allows witchy to join?

Edit: I've just been informed that our clan name has been changed to The Red Hand under the user CP. So once the forum updates that should work out.

Rith
11-10-08, 02:38 PM
Where, exactly is Pandemonium’s Fist located? Or, at least a general area would be apprecated so I can make sense of my wanderings.

Taskmienster
11-10-08, 02:43 PM
haha, I can give you an exact location... It is technically in the small mountain range due south of Radasanth. Across the bridge and a weeks trip by pack mule carrying ore.

http://www.althanas.com/images/maps/coronelarge.jpg

That should help. And I am Ranger, and I will be here for helping ANYONE that wants to rp a bit. Just hit up Taskmienster since I'm always on it with the mod activity and such.

Witchblade
11-10-08, 02:50 PM
Sorahn, feel free to add me in under my Dark Temptress account, the character name is A'rai Dienn Salaturn. I'll start thinking about something I can do for her initiation quest.

Rith
11-10-08, 03:06 PM
haha, I can give you an exact location... It is technically in the small mountain range due south of Radasanth. Across the bridge and a weeks trip by pack mule carrying ore.

http://www.althanas.com/images/maps/coronelarge.jpg

That should help. And I am Ranger, and I will be here for helping ANYONE that wants to rp a bit. Just hit up Taskmienster since I'm always on it with the mod activity and such.

Sweet :D. That's actually where Rith is located and where my solo is taking place. I have an idea, actually and do you have AIM/Skype?

For my solo, yea don't read the one linked in my profile. I've got the updated version all together written out in MS Word, because I found out the hard way when IE crashes, there's no "auto backup" and I lost about 1200 words of text because Internet explorer performed an illegal operation when I pressed submit. Stupid thing.

Sorahn
11-10-08, 04:40 PM
Done done.

Yeah that's where the Fist is. As for where it is, it's actually a massive man-made cave carved out by Ithermoss when he mined beneath Mt. Drakenthrone. It has a big atrium and a treasury and long corridors with quarters and other various rooms. There are only a couple of well hidden entrances, and only members of the clan know where these are. Actually, very few even know of the Fist's existence.

Sorry, it's looking like missions won't get posted today. I have well over 100 pages worth of reading to do for class and I'm going to be out later tonight. I'll try to get it up tomorrow.

Btw I always write all my RP posts in Word first. It has a better spellcheck I think. Then I save each post to my computer because in the past, Althanas has been prone to massive database-destroying crashes. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I lost one of my best threads to a crash while it was waiting on a judgment, so you can never be too careful.

Rith
11-10-08, 08:39 PM
Yea no kidding. Well I will start throwing down ideas here in a few minutes and see what I like. Wrote about 2000 words on my solo tonight, then going through and doing my last edits and finally submitting it for judging. Haha, I'm proud of myself, I made progress today.

Would I be able to do a short solo? Like 2-4000 words to obtain the sigil?

Sorahn
11-10-08, 09:20 PM
That's fine. I don't want to limit anyone to how they want to get it so you can just throw down a short solo and call it good if you want. Just remember that it is an enchanted item that will grant you an ability, so it has to be awarded by the judge. That said I don't think you'll have a problem.

Torin Reahkari
11-10-08, 09:31 PM
I'd like to join the Red Hand if possible. I still technically have ties to the Black Sails Armada, which was an ally to the RH back in the day. The BSA hasn't been re-activated yet, but if it's an issue (what with the no other clan rule) I won't bother.

Sorahn
11-10-08, 09:35 PM
Nah that's fine. The no other clans rule applies only to the Chieftain (me) and members of the council. Actually I'd be very interested in rekindling the alliance with the BSA. If it gets active again I'd love to talk about it.

For now I'll put you on the very quickly growing list of initiates. Welcome to the Red Hand.

Mutant_Lorenor
11-10-08, 09:42 PM
I'm officially on board with the new Red Hand. I'll be helping out as much as I can. I'm sorry for my lack of activity of late. I've been going through some personal stuff of late that if you guys want to talk about you know how to reach me on AIM/YIM/MSN. Anyway, I'm forever loyal to the Red Hand. I'll try to boost up my activity level again. But I'll definitely be completing a few of the quests I'm currently backed up in. Thank you for the promotion of my membership and I appreciate it muchly. Any of my fellow Red Hand members can contact me through messenger. I am always on Adium. I'll see you guys on the flip-side.

~Pavel Vargas AKA Lorenor

Sorahn
11-11-08, 11:33 AM
Missions have been added and the news has been updated accordingly. All the info is up there, this is a thread bump so no one misses it.

Rith
11-11-08, 01:56 PM
As an initiate can we still partake in the quests? I need something to help fuel my desire to write ontop of the sigil quest and doing my final edits of my solo.

I think I am actually just going to submit my solo and write the sigil piece as an extension because I've found a way to combine the two.

Uukan Kimari
11-11-08, 11:50 PM
Sigils are a new thing. The RH didn't have them before, they're something I came up with. I did it for a few reasons. One is to encourage clan activity. Two is to give new members an initiation quest and see how they do. And three is to give the clan a bit of a unique aspect. Yes the idea of a clan item was done before by the Facade, but everyone noticed them.

Duh, I was thinking of the Bandit Brotherhood. Imma dommy face. I feel old. :P

I Am Zee
11-12-08, 01:54 AM
Paint me interested. If ya have any questions about me, you can just ask Ranger. I'm sure he'll be able to fill you in on anything you need to know.

MetalDrago
11-13-08, 12:07 AM
Man, I'm proud to be a full member, but I'm still around. I should have my own internet in about two weeks to a month from today, so... *crosses fingers* You guys might see me a whole lot more often

Ranger
12-09-08, 11:57 AM
Yeah, umm... let's get some work done. Who all is still here? Active? Wants to write a thread?

I'm game for whatever, but need to know with who and when... lol. Hell, finishing the ones that are already started would be awesome too.

MetalDrago
12-11-08, 01:12 PM
Ranger, if you'd join the mission I'm up for, I'd be more than happy to do it with you. I'm only waiting to finish the Red Hand Pilgrimage thread with Pavel, and then I'll go straight to work on this one.

Uukan Kimari
12-11-08, 08:53 PM
I'm trying to write for a thread but pushing carts is slowly killing me. That and I haven't been home because I lack a ride the majority of the time.

The Barbarian
12-16-08, 01:33 PM
Heyo, I'm back from my sudden break in the action. I was part of the redhand as a Lumberjack and carpenter apprentice.

And anyone have the list of Thaynes? I can't remember the exact name of my Thayne heh.

Edit: Nevermind. I see it in the older thread:

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=5779

"The Barbarian - Draconus the Ancient - Red Hand - Novice Lumberjack and Carpenter"

Sorahn
12-16-08, 04:43 PM
Cool beans. I'll put you down as an initiate, as it has been quite a while.

Don't forget to read over the new rules, goals, and layout as they have changed a bit from the original incarnation of the Red Hand.

Other than that, welcome back.

Death's Nephew
12-18-08, 04:39 PM
Tommy would like to sign up for the Red Hand.

Do I need to post in the IC recruit thread first?

Ranger
12-18-08, 04:46 PM
What other character's do you have? Out of curiosity?

The Barbarian
12-18-08, 05:44 PM
Well the barbarian, sword-for-hire, and psycho chef.

Tyrael, Oberon, and Vincent respectively.

Edit: Woops thought I was on Death's lol.

Sorahn
12-18-08, 08:24 PM
Alright I've got him down as an initiate as well.

Guys we're getting a very long list of initiates and so far none have progressed to full members because no one is doing anything. Keep in mind that this clan requires effort. I realize that it's the holiday season and things are a little weird, plus there's the ToL going on. But many you have been initiates for almost a month and a half. I had people begging me to post up missions and now that I have only MD has expressed any interest in completing any.

Keep in mind, too, that if nothing on the mission board particularly catches your interest and you have a better idea for a mission, please discuss it with me. Also, if you want me to do an intro post or anything like that for your mission just let me know.

Once we get through the ToL and Christmas and all that junk we really need to hit this hard. If it comes down to it I will start removing people for inactivity. Right now is a crazy time so don't worry about it for now, but please be thinking about how you want to contribute to the clan. We're going to be pushing a lot in 09.

Death's Nephew
12-19-08, 12:55 AM
I'd be happy to take on the pirate mission quest if I could get a second person.

Edit: Also, I'll go with Metal on the convoy mission if he'll take me.

MetalDrago
12-19-08, 01:07 AM
I'd be more than happy to have you, DN.

Edit: I'm so close to finishing one of my other threads, that I might have to wait until it's judged to go on with the mission.

Death's Nephew
12-19-08, 02:00 AM
Alright. Just let me know when you want to start it.

MetalDrago
12-19-08, 02:08 AM
No problem... Might not be till January, though, what with Christmas and all coming up. I just hope we can get it in and judged before the month is up

The Barbarian
12-19-08, 03:49 AM
Cool cool.

Well then, in the mean time, I'll take the assassination mission. If anyone wants to join, feel free to PM me. I'll start it up and if you want to join it, feel free to PM me and we'll work it out.

Edit: Dang! Meant to post on DN.

Death's Nephew, Tommy, will be taking the assassination mission. Barbarian or DN will do the pirate ship, whoever Metal wants to partner with more.

Phew! XD

Sorahn
12-19-08, 01:03 PM
Awesome-sauce.

Noted. Once you get the thread up I'll link it in the missions post.

Death's Nephew
12-19-08, 11:10 PM
Red Shadows (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=136247#post136247) is up. I'm still keeping it open to one more RH member if they want in. Just PM me first or send me a message on AIM, even if I'm away.

BigDogJr87 - AIM

Ithermoss
12-20-08, 09:06 PM
This is a nice surprise. :)

I'm not back or anything, but my hat's off to you all for keeping the dream alive. You all rock.

Uukan Kimari
12-21-08, 02:49 AM
Always a pleasure to see you, Ithy.

MetalDrago
12-21-08, 02:59 AM
That's a name I haven't seen in ages. Nice to see you, Ithermoss

Death's Nephew
12-21-08, 03:49 AM
Yea seriously heh. Ya busy bastard! XP

I Am Zee
12-22-08, 02:48 PM
-worships Ithy-

Also, whenever whoever claimed that pirate doodad gets it goin, I'll be hoppin on that, pending their permission.

Ranger
12-22-08, 02:57 PM
Oh my, you live! Always good to see you! Keeping this shit alive and kicking with Sorahn at the helm. Lol.

I Am Zee
12-22-08, 09:00 PM
Indeed.

-puffs corncob pipe-

Sorahn
12-26-08, 06:24 PM
o.O

Making your annual Althanas visit? lol jk

You know you want to come back and start kicking some butt again. ;)

LightningDrago
01-17-09, 03:32 AM
I am interested in joining.

Ranger
01-17-09, 12:05 PM
Awesome! First things first before you join though, you've gotta make a profile for the character so that you can roleplay on Althanas. This forum (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=7) is where you go to make the profile. There should be plenty of threads in there to help you out including the "Character Registration Guide" and the "Althanas FAQ" which are at the top of the threads in that page.

As soon as you've been approved feel free to come back and join up, we'll be working on some new things for people to start up and would enjoy a new member!

To everyone else. I'd like to see who is and isn't active. This is going to be important for some stuff that I'm trying to set up. First, if you have not done you quest for the 'sigil' then don't worry, I'm setting up a backstory and explanation for it so that you can work it into your story however you'd like. However, we need to have people doing those and working on stories for the clan too.

If you don't know what to do, please contact myself or Sorahn and we can brainstorm things for you to do to help out the clan.

Mutant_Lorenor
01-17-09, 10:49 PM
Kyle, you know I'm always game for whatever bro. I owe you posts and I will try to drop them this weekend.

Sorahn
01-29-09, 03:53 PM
Alright guys. I have to do a little administration here which might make me unpopular, but I'm not gonna tolerate a whole bunch of people signing up then not doing anything. So as of right now, every initiate on that list is on probation.

Rith Crosis-Treva Darigaaz
Tenmatsu Tenimi
Lisean Lemot
Uukan Kimari
A'rai Dienn Salaturn
Torin Reahkari
Zee
Tyrael Ange

You all have exactly one week to prove to me you actually give a crap about this clan or I'm removing you. This means either starting a clan related mission (on the list or otherwise), going after your sigil, or sending me a PM with a good reason why you can't do either of those. At least respond and let me know you're still alive and I might extend the deadline for you.

Serious PG changes are on the horizon and I want to make sure we have some committed folks.

I Am Zee
01-29-09, 04:35 PM
So...what's goin on with the backstory of the sigils and all?

Sorahn
01-29-09, 04:45 PM
Ah yes. That's a very good point. I've talked about it with Ranger and he assured me he'd have it fleshed out and presented by tomorrow or Saturday.

If you'd like to wait on that I'll extend the deadline for you.

I Am Zee
01-29-09, 07:02 PM
Twas my intention.

Ranger
02-14-09, 03:22 PM
This is just a note, this may not be the final draft of this, but this is what I have for the sigils. Sorahn, feel free to change or add what you want! Lol.

Sigils and You!

Very sorry for the delay in making this, however, it is being completed now!

Eye of the Thayne :

Description:

The eye of the Thayne is a symbol of power, prestige, promise, and peace. It encompasses all the aspects of the gods of Althanas, their righteous power granted through the outward display of their symbol. It is arranged into seven different pieces, six visible and one intangible. The pieces are broken down into unequal portions, the largest of which is dedicated to a specific god, the second largest dedicated to a secondary god, and so forth. In order to express the first deity you must simply have the sigil expressed in some manor outwardly, and whatever is most profoundly aligned with the player is what is given by the symbol. The second deity must require a player to complete at least 5 quests for the clan and the cause, as well as be at least level 2. The third deity can be expressed after 8 quests for the clan and cause, as well as at least level 3. The fourth can come from 12 quests for the clan and cause, and the player must be at least level 5. The fifth can come from at least 15 quests for the clan, as well as level 7. The sixth, and final deity, is expressed only after 20 quests for the clan and cause, and a minimum level requirement of 9.

The gods are as follows, with associated attributes:

Hromagh the Strong: Strength, Beasts, Retribution, and Wrath
Khal’jaren the Sage: Intelligence, Knowledge, Mathematics, Linguistics, History, Learning, and Arthropods
Draconus the Ancient: Constitution, Endurance, Fortitude, Longsuffering, Peace, Sloth, Reptile-like creatures.
Y’edda the Wild: Dexterity, Cunning, Precision, Accuracy, Escape, Revolution, and winged creatures.
Jomil the Hermitess: Wisdom, Unmaking, Entropy, Amphibians, Chaos, Introversion, and Sadness
V’dralla the Fair: Charisma, Beauty, Persuasion, Fertility, Nature, Immortality, the Elements, and Narcissism

Of course, in order to keep the clan no longer tied to the forced following of a certain deity, leading us back to a clan aligned with wealth and power, it is not required to consciously follow a god. If you do not believe in them, or want to associate with them, that is perfectly fine! What happens for those of you that don’t want to have so Thayne dictating what you do? It’s easy, you pick which one most closely resembles your character and the attributes that are assigned to that god. Then you substitute anywhere it says ‘deity’ – or any synonym I used for it – and put in the word trait or attribute. This allows you to keep the consistency of your character, not having to change them in order to gain a sigil, as well as allows almost anyone into the clan that wants to join.

For example (the first section listed below if you don’t follow, want to follow, or believe in the Thayne): The center circle in the eye is one half of the piece, the place of power that holds the sway of whatever [dominant attribute] is chosen by the player.

The center circle in the eye is one half of the piece, the place of power that holds the sway of whatever deity is chosen by the player.

The area to the eye, whichever way points towards the inside, is another fourth of the piece; the secondary deity chosen has the limited ability to impart power through the section.

The other side of the inside of the eye, whichever way points away, is one eighth of power, though it would take an incredibly strong and long standing member to receive a third deities blessing in this part.

The line that runs along the top of the symbol is one sixteenth of the Thayne’s sway. Outstanding, powerful members have the opportunity to take a fourth deity with this section, though it is extremely rare.

The line that runs from the inside edge outwards, curling at the end, is one thirty-second of the piece. This section holds the fifth deity that the player is aligned with, in descending order. It is almost never expressed or given power.

The small line that looks like a support column is one sixty-fourth of the piece. This represents the sixth deity that the player is aligned with in descending order, though nobody has ever had the privilege of expressing the power from this section.

And finally the void around is the final, intangible, one sixty-fourth. It represents the deity that the player does not express in anyway.

Back-story

When the Red Hand rose to prominence it was not with their own cunning and prowess they did so. The clan was created as a cover, a guise to hide behind and a mask to wear in public. Merchants, gatherers, and craftsmen united to combat the monopolistic economy that enslaved those that produced the raw materials for sale. This war was the War for the Bazaar, a headlong collision between the Red Hand and the very government that ruled the island nation of Corone. To those not part of the clan, or those that were new, the true nature of the group was a mystery. Where had it come from? Why was it so quick to rise to power? Where did the strength and tenacity bud from to give the socio-economically worn sect of Althanas its new position of prestige?

The answer was what lay nearly dormant, the heart of the Red Hand. They were called the Gol’Bron, the fist of the Thayne, the tangible manifestation of power. It was the devotion and dedication by the few, select elder members of the Red Hand that granted the boon of the Thayne. It was the constant and careful Gol’Bron, the hidden and unknown hand behind the Red Hand, and the fulfillment of missions and tasks assigned that granted the gifts of the Thayne. Though most, even inside the clan, were not privy to the undercurrent of power that spurred the actions of the clan, they Thayne blessed any that would follow the great Lord Ithermoss. He was their paladin, the clan their army. Dedication to their champion was in turn dedication to them and the goals they had set forth.

It was with this powerful ally that the clan rose to power. In turn, they were blessed with the symbol of the Thayne, the All Seeing Eye of the Thayne (Or Thayne’s Eye). The symbol was more than an outward display of devotion; it was an element of one of the chosen Thayne and what they represented. The sigil was granted to the Red Hand as a reward, the god’s way of giving back to those that had so zealously committed themselves. It is a direct link to whatever deity is chosen by the person, a link to either the Thayne – if they believe and accept them – or the attributes that the deity is associated with – if they don’t believe. Not believing in the gods does not mean that the sigil will not work, for the Thayne are a forgiving and all knowing gathering of ethereal beings. They do not fault those that believe in another god, nor do they fault those that do not understand enough to not fully accept them.

Any outward display of hatred of the Thayne, such as destroying a temple or killing pilgrims, will force whatever Thayne was disrespected to retract their gifts. It is like spitting in the eye of an almighty entity, and they can hold interminably long grudges. However, if a person simply does not accept the Thayne as real, or what they are devoted to, it is just as if they are completely neutral. It is not all fire and brimstone with the Thayne, for they are a forgiving and gracious group.

The sigils are placed on objects already, from the times of glory for the Red Hand. They may be ignored by the common man, just another funny symbol on a weapon or item. Some may be treasured by those that were defeated by the clan in times past, simply holding onto it for memory. Others may be completely lost. However, a person does not have to find an item with a sigil already placed on it. The Thayne are yet behind the clan, whether the Red Hand publically follows their guide or not, and as such members can have the sigil miraculously placed on an existing item, weapon, or even a tattoo on themselves. The possibilities are endless.

Tenmatsu Tenimi
02-16-09, 02:54 AM
Well for one Sorahn. I am so sorry I've not been able to check in. I have been without internet and I can only be online at the nearest library for so long a day T_T. But can I have more info for the Eye of Thayne? Cause I read the stuff above and I'm still a bit cunfused. There are six pieces right? Well how do we find the six pieces? And well I'm game for anything the PG has to throw at me. Quest or battle I'm game.

Oh dude Sorahn, our battle.. it's ok that you can't really post but Man... Idk. I really liked it and would like to finish it sometime soon. Cause for one, I want to print it out and read it to my friends, and well who ever else I can.

MetalDrago
02-16-09, 07:58 AM
I've been gone for awhile. Anyway, now that the RHP has been judged, please expect to see the mission posted shortly

Sorahn
02-16-09, 11:46 AM
Right, our battle. I've been pretty slack on all my threads recently, but that should change soon. Expect a post from me within the next few days. EDIT: posted.

From my discussions with Task, the six pieces are more of a way of upgrading your sigil, through service to the clan. When you go on your quest to get the sigil, you gain the first part, which is the piece that reflects your character the most. You gain an ability from that. Through service to the clan, you can gain another ability, corresponding to the deity which represents your character the second most... etc. So you don't really quest for all the pieces. You quest for the sigil itself, then you can upgrade it later on.

I'm glad to get some responses, btw. What I've been most concerned with (and the reason I made that deadline above, which has been shot) is that we have gained a lot of people who showed up and said "that sounds cool" only to disappear again because they didn't really care in the first place. That's fine, that's their prerogative. But I don't want them sitting on the initiate list forever. So even yall just replying to this thread and showing interest in the clan still is a big indicator to me.

Right. On to new business. I'm not sure how much I can actually say about this, but I've been involved in some proposed changes to the PG system that I think will prove very beneficial and I want the RH to really take the ball and run with it. Honestly, I've been holding back on some big clan things because I don't want them to be overshadowed by the ToC. I think I may change that policy soon. Things are getting settled, and it might be getting close to time to take up the charge.

By now, even I'm getting tired of hearing me say "stuff is happening soon, I promise" so I know yall are tired of it, but I mean what I say and I have no better way of saying it. So just stick with it, I guess. I will be starting my own sigil quest very soon, and I'd like to come up with some more mission related things, and hopefully we can transition into the bigger, better things on the horizon.

Stay classy.

Trago
02-16-09, 09:14 PM
Ok. I'll have a reply by friday. Now for the sigils and these dieties, how would we show our support for a certiain one?

This is Tenmatsu by the way.

Tenmatsu Tenimi
02-17-09, 04:40 AM
Ok Sorahn, The post is up. Have at thee.

Sorahn
02-17-09, 04:13 PM
Okay dude, lets try to keep our battle out of this thread. That's PM kind of stuff. This thread is for clan business.

As for showing your support for a certain deity, that's up to you. You can quest to find a temple for that god (they exist), or even do something related to your character. It can be anything you want. And like Ranger said above, you don't even have to align your character with a deity, just pick an attribute you want to improve and go with that. But story wise, you're free to play it however you want.

Hope that answers your question.

Mutant_Lorenor
02-21-09, 12:47 AM
I'm back gang. I recently hit level 6 with the completion of that Red Hand pilgrimage. Good work you guys been up to while I was away. My computer died on me, and I had to bail on Round 1 of the tournament. Rumor is that my partner, MD, kept it real and represented the Red Hand graciously in a 2 versus 1 situation. I hope that it gives us enough of a push to move out of Round 1 and onto business in Round 2. Lots of Red Hand goodness going on in the tournament, hopefully one of our teams can make the finals. Good luck to us all. Kyle and Sorahn, whatever help you guys need from me for the group just hit me up on AIM. I apologize I was gone for so long, I had that computer situation to deal with and only got my computer back on Thursday! It was a nightmare. In any event, I'm back. I gotta talk to both of you guys on AIM. Peace. I have a few ideas for Lorenor's cloak and sigil since he is representing N'Jal.

MetalDrago
03-08-09, 07:00 PM
My own mission, Highway Robbery, will be up and running shortly. Whoever my partner is, if you still want in on it, I'd like to talk to you about it as soon as possible. If you are no longr interested, I'm going to need another partner.

MetalDrago
03-18-09, 05:33 PM
Highway Robbery (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=18800) is up!

Apologies for the double post.