PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here

LadyAeldra
11-14-08, 01:06 PM
Well, alright, I'm not a complete newb, but it's been about two years since I've been in any kind of "serious" RP. I know I may not be the best writer out there, but please be kind. I'm just dusting off the cobwebs in the writing part of my brain. My character is a mix of a few of my old characters, so I'm just "getting to know" her personality as well.

So, about me. Well... I love fantasy obviously, otherwise I wouldn't be here. My favorite writers are Paolini, Tolkein, and C.S.Lewis, in that order.

Wait, don't tell me you don't know who Paolini is! *climbs up on top of soap box*

Ever heard of the Inheritance Cycle? Eragon was his Paolini's first book, and it's been made into a movie recently (though they didn't get anywhere near doing it justice, and huge segments of the story were simply ignored), with more sequels to come. If you've never read Christopher Paolini's work, you need to!

Ahem. *gets down off of soap box* Pardon me for my outburst of enthusiasm, I'm prone to them sometimes. So, where was I?

Oh, yeah. I love fantasy. And I love to read. I like writing as a hobby, but I'm not going to go into that here. I'm hoping to strengthen my writing skills by RPing here at Althanas, so that one day I might be able to write professionally. That might just be a dream, but who knows. Some dreams come true, after all.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time RPing with you guys.

Requiem of Insanity
11-14-08, 01:27 PM
enjoy yourself and have a fun time

Uukan Kimari
11-14-08, 04:10 PM
Enjoy the scenery and make sure to check out the different realms because they always need a little loving.

Fotiadis110
11-16-08, 05:02 PM
anyone who's introduction takes up 4 main paragraphs should certainly not be the sort to call themselves a 'newb' so enjoy your time here :)

Slayer of the Rot
11-16-08, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the site.

Raimeiken
11-20-08, 08:59 AM
Wow, your intro is even longer than most of us here!

Welcome to Althanas~ if you need any help, I'm sure there are a few moderators lurking around here...... well, somewhere if he even has the nerve to ever log in here once and a while!

^^;