PDA

View Full Version : Okay, um...

Sunset Theatre Co.
11-20-08, 06:03 AM
What's going on here? Were there filters put in place whilst I was gone that I didn't hear about?

Every time I try to tell this really great story in Zee's thread about how I gave my cheating ex girlfriend mono, it shows up. But when I try to view the thread again, it's gone.

Kially Gaith
11-20-08, 06:43 AM
Could be a server side error? No software in place to get rid of posts as far as I know apart from stuff that automatically gets rid of spam bots...And given that Serilliant has his own back end coding, I can't even be sure about that.

If it persists, might be worth PMing an admin or somethin'.

Tried clearing your web cache? ...It can effect it SOMETIMES.

Arsène
11-20-08, 07:54 AM
Or, the actual answer could be:

Are you posting a link? If you are, it's usually caught by our spam filter, if you have a new account with only a certain number of posts. I'm afraid it's a necessity for spambot battling. It may also be caught without a link.

I'll see if I can get your post to show for you.

EDIT: It was caught by our spam filter. You should be all set now though.

Kially Gaith
11-20-08, 08:34 AM
Or, the actual answer could be:

Are you posting a link? If you are, it's usually caught by our spam filter, if you have a new account with only a certain number of posts. I'm afraid it's a necessity for spambot battling. It may also be caught without a link.

I'll see if I can get your post to show for you.

EDIT: It was caught by our spam filter. You should be all set now though.

I was close! *Head desk.*

Didn't think he might have posted an immediate link.

Arsène
11-20-08, 08:54 AM
They always do. I can't tell you how many times I've had to approve posts with links in them.

Kially Gaith
11-20-08, 09:05 AM
They always do. I can't tell you how many times I've had to approve posts with links in them.

How many posts is it before the person is approved to post unblocked links? Most forums default to 10.

Or is that private information?

Sunset Theatre Co.
11-20-08, 11:25 AM
Thought as much. Thanks, I was just wondering.

Arsène
11-20-08, 03:23 PM
How many posts is it before the person is approved to post unblocked links? Most forums default to 10.

Or is that private information?

No clue. Probably 10, I know it's not too many.

Max Dirks
11-20-08, 04:58 PM
It ended up posting the comment twice.

Just so you know, I deleted one of the posts this morning (if you were looking for two).

Serilliant
11-20-08, 10:34 PM
It's 2 posts before the filter ignores you completely.

I have actually just removed the filter because it was the second part of a two-pass system of spam prevention. The top level just got tweaked a lot to make it a little bit more air tight, so the bottom filter (the one that caught you) is now largely redundant.