PDA

View Full Version : Question Althanas

Viola Conda
11-29-08, 11:15 PM
This is going to be strictly a disclosed confidential no names topic, but I have a general question for you, the people of this site.

I for one am a new Mod, a mod of the bazaar, a job I currently enjoy. But like you all out there I enjoy it because I can RP and write. As a fellow writer I find it very exciting to finish a quest or solo. My blood is pumped and my mind wanders with how I'll do to the point it drives me crazy.

But you see, I learned as a mod that the judging mafia is only so many people, and you, the great writer's who frequent this site and post, have lot's of amazing written stories and ideas, all of which deserve to be judged in an exponential amount of time. Yet as I said earlier, that just can't happen as we are so limited in the man power we have.

I know personally it bothers me to wait for a quest to be judged longer than two weeks, and there was a point my solo's were being judged within a week. I learned that was thanks to a mystery judge who helped out the mod force with judging.

This masked marvel of judging has been very good about helping us out, but wishes to not be a part of the staff for personal reasons that I promise not even I know of. But because this mystery judge will not be a part of the staff, they have been asked to stop judging.

I say this isn't fair. To me, a person who like you eagerly awaits to be judged, I think this is wrong. If someone with previous experience as a judge of this very site wishes to judge a quest, but remain hidden from the mass than who are we to say no to such help?

Again, this is nothing against the hard workers of the judge force, but if we can lighten their load with a judge so each quest isn't blitzed through just to get to the next then I think we shouldn't turn this opportunity down.

I ask you Althanas, do you wish to have a mystery judge? A judge who will be fair, has experience, and can allow each quest to be judged with careful consideration without the pressure to get to the next? I think this is not a shameful request, do you?

PLEASE do not respond with a simple yes or no, give logic to the reasons why you make a decision. Otherwise this is just a waste of time.

Christoph
11-30-08, 12:39 AM
If there is a former judge who is fair, experienced, and an overall good judge, why would there be a need to hide behind a "mystery judge" title? It seems a bit silly to me. Let the person come out and judge so that it can be fully appreciated.

Saxon
11-30-08, 06:13 PM

But you see, I learned as a mod that the judging mafia is only so many people, and you, the great writer's who frequent this site and post, have lot's of amazing written stories and ideas, all of which deserve to be judged in an exponential amount of time. Yet as I said earlier, that just can't happen as we are so limited in the man power we have.

Y'know, this judge shortage thing seems to happen to this site every year. Has it occurred to anybody yet that there should be some system of cycling judges in and out? Its a lot simpler to do than just hiring people and waiting until they either drop from the face of the earth or just burn out and then scramble to find more people to try and carry a part of the workload. It eases the burden on the staff to keep constantly filling spaces and gives judges the ability to plan around the time they are judges and gives them peace of mind that once their time is up, there is somebody fresh waiting to step up to the plate. More flexibility on both sides of the system, I guess.

As for the mystery judge thing.. Why? If the staff knows who this person is and assigns them a workload, they're still going to be pressured to do it. The only difference is that the rest of us won't know who it is that's actually doing it if they're writing under a 'mystery' name.

Fatina
11-30-08, 10:38 PM
I guess as long as the judge takes in a regular amount of threads to judge, I think it shouldn't matter if this person's identity is secret or not. Although I am curious as to how they would deliver the scores and commentaries. I am guessing that the Inner Circle of Judging wouldn't want to accept someone who would volunteer to judge a quest here and there along with the official mods because it might appear he has a personal agenda. I highly doubt there is people like that in Althanas but I guess in all it looks suspicious.

Slavegirl
12-01-08, 08:18 AM
And by remaining a mystery that judge won't be bugged about things because nobody will know they are on staff hence the reason for mystery.

Christoph
12-01-08, 09:12 AM
Being bugged about things is part of being a judge. ;) It ensures public accountability.