PDA

View Full Version : Magnus

Black Cat
12-05-08, 06:32 PM
First off before I get started I would like to take a second to apologize for posting without registering, it was an accident. So for your approval....

Name: Magnus Serveri
Race: Human
Hair Color: Jet Black
Eye Color: One blue, One Violet
Height: 6'3"
Weight: 165

Personality: Magnus is a man struggling to overcome self-perceived flaws and
is very vulnerable to outside criticism. Considering himself responsible for thos
who died in his care, his feeling of tremendous guilt makes it difficult for him to
deny requests, especially from the sick.

Appearance: He is in comparison to most, very pale, and very tall. His long, curly black hair reflect the abyss but betray his inner compassion. Despite being banished he still proudly wears the red,white, and gold robes of his order.

History: Born to commoners in a very small, remote village, he grew up a very healthy, sensible young man. Years of toiling stone and metal gave him no happiness, however, and he had always hoped for a more fulfilling life than that
of a commoner. By the age of 17 he grew tired of what he considered the nonsense of his life and one night he simply left. No remorse, no care for his parents or what anyone else thought. Life in the wilds were harder than he'd expected though, and the freezing winters and burning summers were taking their toll on the boy. It was only a year before his strength failed him and he slowly began to die. A day of lying there in the cold was excruciating, but he could not have fallen in a better spot. A robed man found him that night, and took his limp body to the Temple of Khizarra. When he awoke he found himself immersed in cloth from the temple alter, and found, much to his surprise, a man kneeling beside him in brightly colored robes. The man introduced himself as High Priest Hirana, and that if he wanted to live, he would become an ordained priest as well. He explained that the gods had picked him for the position, and that he was to be his apprentice, which Hirana continued to explain, was prestigious. So for 2 years Magnus was trained by Hirana to become a warrior priest of Khizarra, and took part in the zealotry that was Hirana's crusades. He watched many die, and killed many himself, claiming their souls and offering them to his gods. They left their mark however, as such constant witness of death had turned his left eye a pale violet, to forever remain a symbol of the spirits he tortured. With this his conscience was growing heavy, taking the lives of men,women,and children. Then performing blessings and funerary rites for a village of zealous murderers. How he hated them, but he had no way to cut his ties to them. Finally, a way came after 5 years for his mind to lighten itself, if only a little. Hirana's crusades had ended, though he could still hear the gods' voice in his head, ordering him to kill. Only this time their words were strange, they wanted not the blood of innocents, they wanted the blood of a certain High Priest. He was too afraid to disobey. That night while Hirana slept he crept slowly into the High Priest's chambers, took the ceremonial dagger hidden in his sash, and plunged it into the heart of Hirana. Hirana screamed and struggled briefly, before the blood filled his throat and his voice, and his life, were lost. The scream lasted only a short time, but it was exceptionally loud. Jaqueri, the man who led Hirana's crusades into the surrounding villages, caught Magnus in his act of murder. He ordered his men into the chamber but Magnus fled out the room and down the steps of the temple before they could organize. He escaped quietly into the woods, and remained hidden through the night, narrowly avoiding detection. Slowly morning light rained down through the trees, and he knew he was safe. Magnus fled the area and avoided all contact with the villages, Lorosa, Kiara, Tector, all places he'd helped convert. After days of traveling he finally found a welcome sight. A land he did not recognize, and decided he'd start his new life there. Though in the end he was ashamed of the order, he was proud of his chosen gods, and kept the order robes, as well as the title Hirana had given him, Serveri.

Skills: His days of Priesthood gave him the ability to bless items against most lesser demonic powers, providing him some small protection in combat from any sort of "evil" magic, that might be used by demons, evil spirits, ect.
It also taught him how to pray to provide him with a small, but a useful boost of strength ( maybe to lift a heavy object, or block a chop from a sword, providing he has something block it with.)

Equipment: He owns only his clothes, his ceremonial dagger, some herbs he keeps to perform minor blessings, and his prayer beads.

As you're likely to notice I've edited out the meditation, due to a bit of a loophole I found. Tell me if you'd need anything else.

Tainted Bushido
12-06-08, 02:34 PM
Hey welcome to Althanas. Glad to see you found your way here.

First off, don't worry about it, I'm glad you're willing to work with us.

Second, could you please describe your skills a bit more in depth, such as the nature of the blessings, and this meditation? I need to have an idea of whats possible with these skills before I can approve your profile.

Again, its okay, you aren't in trouble. (yet ;)) We just have a policy about that, and I'm glad you understood.

Black Cat
12-06-08, 02:37 PM
It has been done.

Tainted Bushido
12-06-08, 03:35 PM
So this protection is along the lines of resistance to demonic influence and magic?

As for the strength boost we're talking like push a heavy crate, or perhaps block a strong blow from a muscular man correct?

Also, sorry for missing it, but could you make sure to state whether the ceremonial dagger is iron or steel?

Alo, if I'm not around by the time you finish the edits, I'm making a note that any RoG moderator can complete this application in my absence for the rest of today.

Black Cat
12-06-08, 03:55 PM
The Dagger would be Steel, and you have the strength boost understood correctly. As for the blessing that is how It would be used.

Tainted Bushido
12-08-08, 03:33 AM
Alright, that's fine, you're approved. I'll go open your other thread in the Peaceful Promenade.

Welcome to Althanas.