PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself here!

Christoph
12-05-08, 11:44 PM
Greetings, fellow writers and roleplayers. Welcome, again, to the first Althanas Invitational! This is the place for everyone visiting to poke in and introduce themselves. Come on in and tell us something about yourself. What’s your favorite kind of roleplaying? What are your other hobbies? What forum are you from? How do you like your eggs?

Syaoran
12-08-08, 03:58 AM
G'day, I am Syaoran of Dark Rain Roleplaying. I am, as is obvious from my avatar, a furry. I am teh fox, the only one of Dark Rain and love to roleplay futuristic, but here that wouldn't be too useful X3 I am currently going into Year 12 and am a very frequent writer and gamer. I don't really like eggs on their own, dunno why.

I'm more than open for a chat anytime! =3

Kially Gaith
12-08-08, 07:52 AM
I figure I may as well let people know who I am.

I'm Kially of Althanas, I've always preferred a nice relaxed RP with a mix of adorable heart warming moments thrown in with some "OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!" kinda stuff.

I'm not the very best writer here on Althanas and I love working to get better with those here whom welcomed me with open arms over two years ago! But alas! Where I fail in some of my writing skills, I more than make up for with my over active imagination.

Ya know that guy that never sits still, does literally about 12 different things at once and documents nearly every one of his ideas? My name is Earl...Wait...Fuck. No. I'm Danny. I'm a TBDL (Paraphilic Infantilist) with ADHD and I spend the mass amount of my time coming up with awesome systems and ideas.

So far, I've not contributed a mass amount to Althanas in way of ideas, but what I have, has been quickly integrated and accepted into the community with large amounts of interest. My other projects have included a full custom CP2020 System that I developed for my own forum should this site ever, for some reason, go down. (Which I honestly hope it doesn't, I have so many friends here!) I've also developed events and quests for a game called Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst, so if any of you hang out on Schtserv.com, you'll also know me as the Developer Error404.

I'm 19, I'm getting a degree in computer networking and security forensics. My hobbies include psychology, sociology, herbology and design of all different sorts of things.

So...Hello group...I'm Danny...And I'm an alcoholic.

*Passes the baton.*

Sunset Theatre Co.
12-08-08, 08:20 AM
Avast!

I'm Andy. This particular account may be new, but I've RP'ed here over the past year and a half or so as Elijah Morendale and Madison Freebird (BlackAndBlueEyes)

I have poor eating habits, and would hate to be the doctor who has to do my autopsy.

I firmly believe that the NES and SNES were the two best video game systems ever, and no amount of cell processors, high-polygon counts, swear words, shooters, and MGS sequels will ever change that.

I only casually RP here, since most of my time is spent as an amateur radio dramatist. I'd link to my group's stuff, but I'm in the process of tearing it all apart and mixing it back together. Oh, and hey, if you're interested in having your voice be heard by possibly dozens of people over the interwebs, send a message to either me or Christoph!

Lord Synical
12-08-08, 08:45 AM
I'm that one guy. You know, the one Admin that every forum has where everyone secretly plots to have them kicked out but can't do anything to make it happen because they realize with great dismay that he's way too popular with the douchebags.

I mean... I'm a warm, friendly, loving, sociable person who wants to better get to know you all :D

-Lord Synical; Worst-Administrator-Ever

Christoph
12-08-08, 09:14 AM
I'm Christoph! My primary area of expertise involves getting other people to do all of the work and then taking credit for it and looking awesome! Any positive comments can be directed to me (preferably so that others can read them and see that I'm amazing), while any complaints should be tossed in the direction of Max Dirks and Tainted Bushido, since it's clearly all their fault.

>.>
<.<
:D

Arius
12-08-08, 11:58 AM
Hey there everyone! I am Arius (In case you can't read the profile bar xD) and I hail from the awesome forums of Dark Rain Roleplaying! Over there I am a mentor which pretty much means I help members join our community by overseeing their trials and tutoring them when they require it!

My favourite genre of role play has got to be Science Fiction and I am currently running the largest Sci-Fi RP ever over at Dark Rain! (Forgive my boasting! I am very proud of it! :rolleyes: Of course it would be nothing without those amazing role players who participate in it!) It is full of epic space travel, war, aliens, robots with attitude and a whole lot more!

A second favourite genre has got to be Fantasy and I participate in quite a few of those as well!

I like my eggs like I like my wome- Actually I won't go there.

Scrambled or fried, whatever! :D

noodleguy
12-08-08, 12:20 PM
Hi, I'm Noodleguy.

Favorite game of role play is always fantasy, second favorite is fantasy, and so on.

I do not like eggs, but I happen to be a big fan of pasta. My favorite movie is V for Vendetta, favorite book is The Stand, favorite color red, favorite fantasy creature goblins.

I'm a college student studying economics and political science. Doesn't seem like a creative field, but I'm terrible at math so I just scrape by by writing essays, ha. Economics is great though. There ain't no school like the Austrian School.

Speaking of which, I ought to be writing an essay on competition right now. See you around.
Peace
-Noodleguy

Christoph
12-08-08, 01:20 PM
Welcome, welcome. I'm very pleased with the turnout from Dark Rain so far. I knew I could count on you guys not to let me down.

Serilliant
12-08-08, 02:12 PM
I'm that one guy. You know, the one Admin that every forum has where everyone secretly plots to have them kicked out but can't do anything to make it happen because they realize with great dismay that he's way too popular with the douchebags.

I can feel a friendship forming...

Logan
12-08-08, 03:09 PM
I can feel a friendship forming...

You two are like a match made in Heav--

Wait, that's not right. Ahh, here we are.

You two are like a match made in the mining pits of Haide...

Oh yeah...and I'm Logan...you can call me Logan...

Teal
12-08-08, 05:17 PM
I'm Teal, and I am also from the yonder lands of Dark Rain. And I am also lazy, and will trust you all to imagine up what all the other details about me are.

Oh, and by the way, no one will ever be friends with Synical. Ever. It's one of the laws of the internet.

Logan
12-08-08, 06:23 PM
You've never met Serilliant...

Teal
12-08-08, 06:33 PM
You've never met Synical.

Tainted Bushido
You've never met Serilliant...

SO, you show yourself again! Its about time you dodgey git.

As for this thread...

Ahem.

I am Tainted Bushido. I also have various other alternate accounts here, (Most notably Dissinger) and have been on site for about four or five years. I've been an off and on Moderator or Administrator for at least half that time. If you have any complaints give them to Christoph as he is thoroughly deserving of them. ;)

As for my Eggs? Unbroken, uncooked, untouched. I hate the things.

Lord Synical
As long you punt nubs, make fun of other staff members, declare war on the other demoninations (I sent my Moderators to War against the Developers, Mentors and Graphics Teams) and generally hate on everybody (At least I'm not biased!), then we'll get along great.

Kially Gaith
12-08-08, 06:48 PM
As long you punt nubs, make fun of other staff members, declare war on the other demoninations (I sent my Moderators to War against the Developers, Mentors and Graphics Teams) and generally hate on everybody (At least I'm not biased!), then we'll get along great.

...So you've already met Serilliant?

Lord Synical
12-08-08, 06:49 PM
Apparently.

Christoph
12-08-08, 07:39 PM
Yes, it was one of those Disturbance in the Force (TM) moments. I shuddered really bad, and the first thing I said was “Serilliant must have made a friend…”

Grin
12-08-08, 08:31 PM
Ho! Ho Althanas! (Sorry, I love that greeting from The Redemption of Althalus)

I'm Cymon, AKA Grin, AKA Wildcard, AKA derivatives thereof. I, too, am from Dark Rain. I like Synical because he makes me laugh. In a 'Laughing at, not with' kind of way.

I'm 24, I have been roleplaying fairly steadily for the last eight years or so and this looked like an interesting place and an interesting tournament. I get bored easily, so I do need new things to do fairly often. I'm a gamer and my imagination often has a life of its own and it refuses to do what I ask. Alas, I cannot beat it into submission.

I'm generally a good guy, although my sense of humour is 'off-colour' and my intolerance of people who are unnecessarily rude, ignorant or prejudice brings up my darker side.

Artifex Felicis
12-08-08, 10:19 PM
Well, might as well since I'm running something.

I'm Artifex, or Arti, or Leon, or anything else really that I'm called. It's been a while so I think that's it. Been on Althanas for a long time, much longer then most would guess to be honest. Mostly on, with only a bit of off in the past year or so as I've tried to keep in touch just with lurking mostly. Still, I've seen my share, done my modship and I'm mostly just back for a bit until Althanas' rather iron claws dig into me again.

Still, fun times. I have a character that can't be scary, about 4 others, and I knew most everyone from some time ago. All of these youngsters here now appear to be not respect their elders that much (Seniority anyway) so I might join into the tourny too. Probably not, thanks to kollije, but still.

I'm on AIM a lot, so give me a message if anyone wants to talk, or if you got any questions about the site.

Kupo!
12-09-08, 03:15 AM
I am here to say this is my first tourny that I'll enter in. Thank you.

Father Snew
12-09-08, 03:45 AM
Such coincidence my fine furry friend. This is my character's first tournament as well.

Torin Reahkari
12-09-08, 05:08 AM
Hey..Torin here. Known for the last 6 years by a couple names, but most notably Torin. Just wanted to welcome all to Althanas.

I'm so old..

Syaoran
12-09-08, 06:16 AM
FURRY PRIDE! This is my first ever roleplaying tournament. It should prove to be an exciting and inspiring time. *fuzzy chest thrust out proudly*

Lord Synical
12-09-08, 07:55 AM
This is... my first tournament.
I just want to light someone on fire.
I'll be content.

Also, is it our skill in battle itself or just how fancy our writing is that counts? That's one of the main concerns from my home Forum.

Arsène
12-09-08, 08:55 AM
Writing fancy is an oversimplification of it. You can't write "fancy" if you don't actually focus on the story, which is the battle itself. Writing 17 posts about the beauty of a passing deer, and making a short reference to the fighting would be a shot in the leg for any competitor.

Your job is to write well while battling. You need to tell a compelling story first, and the best parts off a compelling story are the actions. Since you'll be doing fight scenes, you want to keep your audience enthralled by doing epic feats with likable (or unlikable but you see where they're coming from) characters.

I'm not sure what you mean by skill in battle, but the actions your character takes count a lot. They have to be realistic (for the character, not actually realistic. If your character's a seven foot tall fire golem, shooting fire or burning a village are realistic to him) and exciting, as well as being well written.

Phoenix
12-09-08, 01:05 PM
Hey, i am the head admin at TNR. Probably shouldn't have posted this in the FAQ, but yeah, I am swamped with Uni at the moment (and other things) but hopefully/maybe some of my members will represent us in this Invitational. Just thought I'd say hi anyways, and thank you for including us, of course. :D

Logan
12-09-08, 01:08 PM
Can someone link these non-Althanians to some quality JC battles as examples?

Zieg dil' Tulfried
12-09-08, 01:32 PM
Hey..Torin here. Known for the last 6 years by a couple names, but most notably Torin. Just wanted to welcome all to Althanas.

I'm so old..

You're old? I was already a moderator by the time you put on your first set of Althanas diapers.

Greetings to all. Zieg dil' Tulfried here, mostly retired roleplayer from Althanas. Former moderator in just about every category, including Registration, the Bazaar, Features, Writer of Haidia/Haide, and Judge. Not to mention former Administrator. This little tournament piqued my interest and convinced me to pull the good old Demon High General out of hiding and into the forefront of the battle scene.

Duck Lord
12-09-08, 01:51 PM
Heya guys, another one from Dark Rain here. :) I'm a moderator, which unfortunately means I fall below Synical. >.> Don't take much notice of him, because we certainly don't. :P I actually used to be an admin on the site, but that was about a year ago now.

Anyway, I'm really impressed with the site. I mainly registered here to do a bit of...err, cheerleading, but I'm certainly considering joining the tournament. :D Looks like it'll be great fun.

Lord Synical
12-09-08, 06:08 PM
Ducky, I will break you.

Phoenix
12-09-08, 06:10 PM
Hehe, well if you don't join in then perhaps we can face off on the sidelines and have an epic cheerleading... dance off? :P

Oh and to the Dark Rain admins/mods/whoever is in charge of affiliation, I'd love to add you guys as affiliates if you'll have NR?

Rodgin Kemph
12-09-08, 06:17 PM
Speaking of TNR, it's time for some representation. I'm sure my partner will be along soon. Rodgin Kemph. Google it. I dare you. You'll get everything from Jedi to Illusionist, cuz I've played em all.

I just currently stepped down shortly from being the dwarf mod at TNR. My first tournament as well, but I look forward to it. Not familiar with your system here, so bear with me as I learn, but I know RPing. I look forward to vanquishing....erm, competing with all of you.

Phoenix
12-09-08, 06:50 PM
Ah, so we have a team then? Excellent! I have something to cheer lead. :P Maybe Rusty will join and he could possibly pair up with Ironside... maybe. I miss Crim, she would have loved this. :(

So for the visitors, Dark Rain and TNR have teams then? Sweet.

Captain Silver Shea Hawke
12-09-08, 06:51 PM
I am so joining this now XDD

Anyway, I'm Silver and I'm here ... woot. isn't that exciting :3

So far, the only one I know is Phoenix. Sooo yeh. *fistpump*

TheZamboniKnight
12-09-08, 09:27 PM
I come in peace from the land of Dark Rain, bringing mystical gifts of wonder so amazing that your puny minds can't even comprehend their existance and thus, they appear as empty space to you.

Oh yes, they are there. Anyways, salutations! Howdy, hello, hey, all that jazz. This is your friendly neighborhood Zammy popping in to say halloo.

Inkfinger
12-09-08, 09:41 PM
I come in peace from the land of Dark Rain, bringing mystical gifts of wonder so amazing that your puny minds can't even comprehend their existance and thus, they appear as empty space to you.

Oh yes, they are there. Anyways, salutations! Howdy, hello, hey, all that jazz. This is your friendly neighborhood Zammy popping in to say halloo.

Your name and your icon make me love you already. D:

Lord Synical
12-09-08, 09:41 PM
We like to call her our special member.

And, I'll be fighting alongside our Mentor Admin, the guy I started RP with.

Hydro14 knows my characters better than I do at times. You guys are in for a challenge.

Kupo!
12-09-08, 11:25 PM
Holy crap...Zeig is back...snap.

MetalDrago
12-10-08, 12:53 AM

My sentiments exactly. This tournament just got a whole lot more interesting.

Lord Synical
12-10-08, 01:07 AM
Uh, Zeig?

Christoph
12-10-08, 07:46 AM
Zieg, even. The demon warlord Of Doom (TM).

Logan
12-10-08, 10:33 AM
I need to work on a level 5 Logan profile. God...a level 3 Logan was hard enough...Oh, and...out of curiosity, if anyone wants to team with Logan, give me a shout on AIM.

Christoph
12-10-08, 10:41 AM
I need to work on a level 5 Logan profile. God...a level 3 Logan was hard enough...Oh, and...out of curiosity, if anyone wants to team with Logan, give me a shout on AIM.

Bam! http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17721

Logan
12-10-08, 11:24 AM
Yeah...but according to you I have to post my level 5 profile link...kinda gotta have one first. Besides, I'm not desperate YET.

Christoph
12-10-08, 11:56 AM
Shhhh... >.>

Fighter™
12-10-08, 11:57 AM
Hello everybody. I'm Bob and I'm in kicking your ass business.

Sorahn
12-10-08, 12:01 PM

That's right. The legendary Demon Knight of awesome is back, and he's going to be partnered with ME. Prepare to have your socks unequivocally rocked.

We're reppin Althanas from the old skool.

TheZamboniKnight
12-10-08, 12:12 PM
Your name and your icon make me love you already. D:

<3
So does yours, coincidentally. XP

Zieg dil' Tulfried
12-10-08, 12:37 PM
Zieg, even. The demon warlord Of Doom (TM).

Christoph, I suddenly like you! Not that I didn't like you before, but you spelled my name right. And I like it when people understand the i before e except after c rule!

That's right. The legendary Demon Knight of awesome is back, and he's going to be partnered with ME. Prepare to have your socks unequivocally rocked.

We're reppin Althanas from the old skool.

Demon Warlord of Doom, Demon Knight of Awesome, boy I should come back and get sweet nicknames more often. Both socks will be rocked and old skool will be repped on our watch. It's good to be loved/feared.

Christoph
12-10-08, 12:46 PM
What's even more awesome is having more EXP than you, now. XD

Zieg dil' Tulfried
12-10-08, 12:52 PM
Bah, I've realized that having EXP isn't all its cracked up to be. Still, Zieg could probably still take you.

Christoph
12-10-08, 12:59 PM
There would be a lot of fire flying around, I'd wager. =p

Sorahn
12-10-08, 01:21 PM
There would be a lot of fire flying around, I'd wager. =p

Imagine what it's gonna be like with both of us teamed up?

SO MUCH FYRE!! lololzomgwtfbbqhax

Zieg dil' Tulfried
12-10-08, 01:31 PM
I'm good with fire since my armor absorbs fire and makes me stronger!

The Whistle
12-10-08, 01:54 PM
At this point, it seems as if we have more poeple hailing from Dark Rain than from Althanas, but let's go ahead and chalk up another Dark Rainian. Yeah, so my name is Whistle, and I'm a Republican. You can call me Henry if you must.

I'm already begining to like these forums, as Phlix has no powers and thus cannot rename me Tom...

Logan
12-10-08, 03:47 PM

Hopefully this run at a tournament for you two will go better than last time you teamed up.

*evil grin*

Just keepin' it real.

And oh yeah...I've got my partner...and we'll be repping a new crew...yeeeeeah boooooyz(and galz)

Kially Gaith
12-10-08, 05:27 PM
I'm hoping Cyrus gets his ass back soon. If he does, hopefully he'll partner with me.

Failing that...Unless Bloodrose is uncalled for and would take me with him, I'm probably gonna sit all of this out.

Inkfinger
12-10-08, 05:33 PM
<3
So does yours, coincidentally. XP

Awesome! *forms mutual appreciation society*

Lord Synical
12-10-08, 06:10 PM
Bah. Fire? FIRE? You want FIRE?
Soulfire > Fire Absorbing Armour
Won't work when the fire is Soulfire.
Yeah, what now? <_<
Nawh, good to have competition.

Christoph
12-10-08, 07:58 PM
Well... well... Zieg has a Ph. D in kicking -YOUR- ass! =p

Zieg dil' Tulfried
12-10-08, 08:01 PM
Lolz. So true. I hang it above my fireplace.

Logan
12-10-08, 08:11 PM
Lolz. So true. I hang it above my fireplace.

Yeah...right next to his "I went all the way to the LCC and all I got was this stupid plaque!" plaque. Which is signed by myself and Tera...wherever Tera may be now. *sniffs* Oh memories of yesterday, faded fast and renewed on the flames of tomorrow.

Zieg dil' Tulfried
12-10-08, 08:14 PM
It's also next to my third place trophy from the Cell all those years ago... Not to mention the plaque I got for my judge's choice in my very first battle. Not that you'd know, it was before you were born...

Mikeavelli
12-10-08, 08:15 PM
Hail Hail Hail!

I'm Mike, from Ayenee.

I've gone through about a billion different usernames over the years, but you've probably never heard of any of them.

Unless you remember that little stint I had RPing right here in Althanas. Under this username. It was fun.

Logan
12-10-08, 08:16 PM
It's also next to my third place trophy from the Cell all those years ago... Not to mention the plaque I got for my judge's choice in my very first battle. Not that you'd know, it was before you were born...

Actually Zeig...I was around then. And I know about your JC. And I do respect you...a lot. And Sorahn too.

And I know that if my team battles yours, it will be a HELL of a match.

With that said...I have to get my trash talkin' in now before we do face you. Hehe.

And you know I respect you. The veterans, all of em, deserve it.

Sorahn
12-10-08, 08:28 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

BURN!

Seriously. Even though that was a little late I just had to say that.

*ahem* Anyways I look forward to the tournament. It's gonna be a good one. <.<

Zieg dil' Tulfried
12-10-08, 08:31 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo

BURN!

Seriously. Even though that was a little late I just had to say that.

*ahem* Anyways I look forward to the tournament. It's gonna be a good one. <.<

I think you spent way too much time to do that. Lolz. And I know, I'm just messing with ya. It's good to be back.

Sorahn
12-10-08, 08:52 PM
You were impressed. Admit it.

Logan
It's good to be back.

It's good to have you back(and be back myself).

Lol.

BlackAndBlueEyes
Yarr.

Where's Numbers Guy? If this tournament is going to rock, I need to rekindle my IC rivalry with him. No biting this time.

Tainted Bushido
12-11-08, 02:49 AM
Yeah...right next to his "I went all the way to the LCC and all I got was this stupid plaque!" plaque. Which is signed by myself and Tera...wherever Tera may be now. *sniffs* Oh memories of yesterday, faded fast and renewed on the flames of tomorrow.

Says the man who never could go the full ten posts with me...seriously Sean, WTF?!??!?!?!

Lord Synical
12-11-08, 06:24 AM
Well.

Zomg Zerg Zeig Zagging... Ziggily?

Whatever, anyways. I know what Vets are like and you seem like an okay-enough guy. Look forward to facing you in the Tournament. Now, to quote the wise words of Warboss Gorgutz...

WAAAGH!

Child of Mirth
12-11-08, 07:36 AM
I think I'm in the right place....My name is Greg and I just registered here for the tournament. Still working on a character. An IRL friend of mine (Zook Murnig) needs some help, so he talked me into doing this. We went to nursing school together and have run a few DnD campaigns back in the day. I don't do any online roleplaying but I do love to read and write and bust people in the chops.

I eat my eggs fried, slathered in a good chunky hot sauce and served up on cornbread. A huge glass of sweet tea with pomegranate makes it heaven.

Lord Synical
12-11-08, 07:42 AM
I...
See dead people.
<Points to everyone in this thread>
You're all dead! Ha!

Christoph
12-11-08, 09:26 AM
WAAAGH!

Artifex Felicis
12-11-08, 11:05 AM
By the Greater Good, They've begun to attack in droves!

We must take action soon. Otherwise bad things may happen soon.

That, or we get a couple good fights. Either way.

Tristam
12-11-08, 11:08 AM
Hello all,

My name is Rich and I wandered over here from the Tazlure RPG forum where I am one of the moderators. You have an interesting set-up over here and I can't wait to see how this all works out.

Also, I like my eggs scrambled with a lot of cheese and garlic salt.

Logan
12-11-08, 11:17 AM
Says the man who never could go the full ten posts with me...seriously Sean, WTF?!??!?!?!

I challenge that statement. We had at least one battle I recall that DID go over 10 posts. With that said...you tend to suck the life out of me in your posts...in a deflatingly depressing kind of way. Or maybe that was just Seth sucking the life out of everything he was involved with...:D

noodleguy
12-11-08, 11:21 AM
...I'm allergic to eggs.
STOP MAKING REFERENCES TO THEM PEOPLE!
It is upsetting.
Thank you,
The not at all going insane from anticipation,
Noodleguy

AdventWings
12-11-08, 02:51 PM
Oy. You young kids sure are rowdy this year.

Why, I'll tell you, one of the girls I know was in the semi-finals even when she was a level 0 at the time. (Of course, she lost to Zephyriah and Letho, both who could basically pound her into the ground like a hammer would a nail.) I remembered Tainted Bushido was also there in his previous incarnations, taking on the Letho-man.

But of course, I can't smack-talk any of you no more since I'll be judging your threads anyways. Bwahahaha. :D

Tainted Bushido
12-12-08, 01:30 AM
I challenge that statement. We had at least one battle I recall that DID go over 10 posts. With that said...you tend to suck the life out of me in your posts...in a deflatingly depressing kind of way. Or maybe that was just Seth sucking the life out of everything he was involved with...:D

TO be fair, Seth had a tendency to suck at life too...

That's why I made other characters...

Zook Murnig
12-12-08, 01:30 AM
Representing Althanas and teamed with Child of Mirth, Zook Murnig reporting for duty. My name's Matt, I'm 20, and I've been roleplaying since early high school. Started on a small forum called the Rosc Boards with their NeoRhydin RP, and their affiliated forum ChaosRPGs. I then found GUA forums and played Divine Salvation there for a while before being recruited for Althanas a little over two years ago. Since then, I've written with this account and several others, been a moderator of several areas (Realm of Greeting, Judging, Bazaar, EXP Management, Clan War Management) and become a father.

I'm playing my main character from these forums, Caduceus Grimaldi, and looking forward to the chance to write with all of you.

Phoenix
12-12-08, 08:50 AM
I was reading up on your character actually, Zook. Tis impressive. :D

So how many Dark Rainers are here? I have lost count!

Carnage-
12-12-08, 09:41 AM
Keeping in mind that someone on here already registered my nick >:/ I'm Carnage. In general I program stuff. When i have the time, i'm also an admin on giveupalready.com which i'm hoping at least some of you will know... as for eggs... STOLEN! (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xebSF8vRvZI)

yoyo
12-12-08, 03:27 PM
hi guys i am yoyo from gua i have never roleplayed before but it seems like fun.

LORD ASSIRAM and ISTAR MAGUS inspired me to try this stuff out they write some really good stuff on gua you guys should check it out.

Ataraxis
12-12-08, 03:50 PM
Hey there Carnage, glad to see you around! Are you participating with your hacker, or are you gonna sit back and enjoy the show?

And haha, good one, yoyo. Asiram and Istar are good, though, and I hope they enter! So, how've you been?

yoyo
12-12-08, 08:57 PM
that all depends on who the fuck are you.

well no it doesn't depend on that at all come to think of it. in any case i have been swell. ?y tu?

Ataraxis
12-12-08, 09:40 PM
Why, I am as engorged with life as a WALRUS WHAMMER. Thank you for asking!

And we only crossed paths during the ToL, so you wouldn't remember me. Wrote a mad scientist on my Necathys account. Still, it's good to see familiar names turn up around here!

Fitz
12-12-08, 09:43 PM
Hello all, as you can plainly see a few inches to your left I'm Fitz. Christoph enticed me out of play by post hiatus to give this site and specifically the invitational a go so here I am. my old stomping ground were Ghostorb, dndog, and Myth-Weavers respectively. The set up of this site is a bit different from most I've played on, as is the system so I still feel as though I'm stumbling about the place a bit. At least that will be my excuse for the next week or so.

Quick question while I'm here. I see that I am to submit a general character for use on the site which would start at level 0. should I in the same thread show him upscaled for this or would that go elsewhere? Thanks.

Lord Synical
12-12-08, 10:11 PM
We have..
Darky, Teal, Wild, Arius, Foxy, Hydro, Darky, Whistle, Zambs, Myself and Felix.
So... 11 Dark Rainers. I think.

Ataraxis
12-12-08, 10:32 PM
You do not need to make a starter profile (lvl 0 profile) to participate in the Tournament of Champions, though you can if you want to start writing outside of the Althanas Invitational and within Althanas proper! For the ToC itself, though, you may directly register a character whose level would be considered level five, in the Character and Team Registration (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=229) Sub-forum.

Fitz
12-12-08, 10:36 PM
Thanks, I thought it would be something to that effect but best to ask i figured.

Lord Synical
12-12-08, 11:27 PM
Hey. Most of my fellow Dark Rainians are complaining about me getting Lucien.
They know what happens when Lord Synical is given fire.
Let your heart rule your post.
The best characters come from the heart.

Farmboy
12-12-08, 11:44 PM
Even a bright flame can be snuffed out by the shadow. Remember that. :P

Lord Synical
12-13-08, 12:04 AM
And shadows are dispersed by Light ;)

Farmboy
12-13-08, 12:05 AM
Not dispersed. You just manage to make a bigger shadow. :P

Lord Synical
12-13-08, 12:38 AM
... Then I break your jaw and you can't do shit >:D

Lawl. Work time. La'er.

Farmboy
12-13-08, 12:55 AM
You break my jaw and heal myself with shadows. I shadowstep behind you and stab you through the heart. What now?

Laters.

Lord Synical
12-13-08, 05:07 AM
... I burst into fire and burn you >_>

Fauna Winthrope
12-13-08, 01:02 PM
*Walks gracefully and imperiously across the stage wearing a skimpy bikini and a sash with glittering TAZLURE written on it, a vapid smile upon her flawless face, her blond hair falling behind her like gentle, cascading curls of waterfalls*

Ola! My name Fauna Winthrope and...

*beams a very empty-headed, cheerleader, blond smile as she heaves her bosoms with grand panache*

... I'm representing the wonderful realm of Tazlure! The ancient Runya Scrolls of the T'aquar Adhiel People declares that...

...Time is Gold and so are we and only God can make a tree!

Please vote for me in the Wet Corset Competition! I thank you!

-------------------------

Cheese omelete is hawt!

Farmboy
12-13-08, 02:42 PM
... I burst into fire and burn you >_>

I get burned, but are otherwise fine. :D

EDIT: And welcome to Althanas Fauna. Not to be rude, but it's spelled 'Hola', for future reference. XD

Aerin Penna Seleratus
12-13-08, 02:47 PM
Aerin Penna Seleratus here, another Tazlure entry here for the tournament. Nice to meet you all and I look forward to the games.

Fauna Winthrope
12-13-08, 02:52 PM
Thank you for the welcome, Farm Boy! And thank you for the brief lesson in spelling! It was so totally like an eye opener! I've always thought it was like Herb! The H silent! Now I'm fluent in Mexican! It's very hard to have ESPN, I can't so totally read all of your minds!

Farmboy
12-13-08, 03:12 PM
Well, it was my honor in helping..

*backs away slowly*

Tristam
12-13-08, 03:15 PM
Don't worry, Farmboy. Fauna only bites when you ask her too. :D

noodleguy
12-13-08, 03:21 PM
A Challenger appears.
*watches for about 5 seconds*
Good Flying Spaghetti Monster!
*runs away at top possible speed.

Christoph
12-14-08, 12:24 AM
Please vote for me in the Wet Corset Competition!

I'm snickering more than I probably should be right now. >.>

Mutant_Lorenor
12-14-08, 02:07 AM
My name is Pavel Vargas. My character is Lorenor V'halkulus. I been on Althanas since back in the old Ayenee days. I actually used to roleplay on Ayenee back in the day as several different accounts. Tony (Max Dirks) recruited me to Althanas and I actually could have been on the site since its first incarnation. I knew about Althanas since it was first conceived of back in the day, so many ages ago.

But anyway, I am known for epic posts. Epic storylines, and other types of epicness. If epic is involved, I probably have a say in it. If epic had a face, I would probably be its face. On the side I am also an artist, and I am currently maintaining a D/A gallery. If you guys want the link I'll provide it. I am 30 years old, I am a Hispanic American born and raised in New York, and my family hails from the Dominican Republic. I like blonds. Blonds are fun.

Lord Synical
12-14-08, 05:36 AM
I saw the words corset, wet and cheerleader in the same place.
I also detect madness.
Who's been setting up SynBait?

Farmboy
12-14-08, 06:02 AM
I don't think I actually introduced myself.

I'm Jake, 19, and representing Althanas. I'm teamed with Logan and playing Braden Larn, my second alternate character and part-time main character. Started writing at eleven, role-playing at fourteen. I started on a site called MutedFaith, which is now defunct and only had a Freeform RPing area. From there I moved to GUA and RPed in various sub-realms they had, Seregon, Tal'Vorn, Divine Salvation, and their coveted Battle Arena (which is Freeform like MutedFaith's). I was lured here by a fellow member and have been here for a little over two years. Although my writing was on-again-off-again while I checked out other sites or just dealt with life, I have always come back one way or another.

I look forward to battling all those participating, Althanian and off-siter's alike. I wish you the best of luck.

((Hopefully Zook won't mind me stealing his intro format. ::cross fingers:: XD))

Carnage-
12-14-08, 06:49 AM
Hey there Carnage, glad to see you around! Are you participating with your hacker, or are you gonna sit back and enjoy the show?

If i have the time to compete i /doubt/ i'll use the hacker... it was a bit joke character for the TOL the character had a major flaw in that when my opponants god modded and destroyed the arena there wasn't much he could do about it without acting out of character.

I've got meny ideas for characters depending on how well they fit to the competition rules (having not had time to read them fully yet) including some sort of cyborg, traditionally a psychic of some form or potentially a martial artist the last while fun may be very difficult to rp with against other none martial artists... doing something like this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QpE9TREP9ys would be kinda difficult

Farmboy
12-14-08, 06:52 AM
We have a RPer her that goes by Numbers Guy that was a martial artist. He did a pretty good job in my opinion. But I guess it depends on what type of martial art you'd want to use in battle.

EDIT: 016573, is his username.

BlackAndBlueEyes
12-14-08, 08:03 AM
Joshua Cronen vs. Madison Freebird (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=6970)

Here's an example of two martial artists going after one another on Althanas, if you need to read one or two.

Muck
12-14-08, 01:50 PM
Uh, hey everyone. I'll be playing the dude I always affectionately called Fish-Lips. He smells like chum and bites people. I didn't really drift in through a site; I heard about the ToC through word of mouth and decided to come try my luck.

Christoph
12-14-08, 02:15 PM
Joshua Cronen vs. Madison Freebird (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=6970)

Here's an example of two martial artists going after one another on Althanas, if you need to read one or two.

*snickers* Crotch biter!

Muck: Welcome! Back during the ToL, I showed up as a free-agent of sorts as well. I wish you luck and hope you have fun.

Inkfinger
12-14-08, 04:15 PM
Uh, hey everyone. I'll be playing the dude I always affectionately called Fish-Lips. He smells like chum and bites people. I didn't really drift in through a site; I heard about the ToC through word of mouth and decided to come try my luck.

Your character profile made me smile. I really like the concept - it's like a Murlock on steroids.

And I just realized I never introduced myself.

I'm Sarah, though on the internet I am commonly known as OzymandiusJones, Inkfinger or Sophie. I haven't been to many RP sites (Just the RP section of Otakuboards and the now-closed-but-once-mighty Metal Machine Music) in my almost-six years of RPing, but once I work myself into a site I kinda stay there until the site dies or something.

In real life I am a childcare worker that is going to school to become a librarian. HOW EXCITING, AMIRITE? :B

And since MMM cannot challenge Althanas (which is sad, because the appearance of the Gundam as a challenger would have made for Epic Lulz), I guess I am fighting for Althanas and glory and free entertainment!

*tries for a rallying cry*

*gets bored and wanders off instead*

Shadowed
12-16-08, 08:03 AM
Sup.

I'm one of those awesome GUA roleplayers.

Miehm
12-16-08, 08:15 AM
I'm Miehm, I'll be playing essentially myself. Knife wielding redneck lunatic. Loads of joy. Watch out for explosives and duck tape.

Christoph
12-16-08, 10:26 AM
Hey, another GUA guy. Awesome.

And hello Miehm... we've got history. XD Lol.

ryuhasigawa
12-16-08, 06:49 PM
Hello my sapian friends! Ryu Hasigawa's the name writing's the game! well... I wouldn't be here if writing wasn't would I? XD

well, just thought I'd introduce myself and get my alias out there! ^^ well, that, and I was quite curious what everyone's inspiration comes from when they write!

I'd have to say, mine comes from pumpkin pie! I don't know if it's just me or the season or what, but right now, I'm thinking of pumpkin pie whenever I sit down to write!

Shadowed
12-17-08, 11:31 AM
Hey, Vegna joined up. He's one of the better GUA roleplayers. You guys should hope you don't have to face him in an early round.

Kupo!
12-17-08, 07:01 PM
Hey all, the moogle and the Priest are in the house representing the Althanas community! We've been on the site for about roughly the same time, which is four or so years just chillin and having a good time. I have many characters, all of which still get used, but in this toruny it's all about the skillz, so I brought out the frugal moogle for team

*drum roll*

CATHOLIC MAFIA!

Atle
12-17-08, 07:11 PM
Salutations. I'm not really from anywhere, as I tend to drift aimlessly from board to board until I find something that captures my interest. I have a love for both epic and Epic, and although the difference is subtle, I treasure it dearly.

It's good to be amongst you all.

And now for Chemistry and Economics. GLORIOUS FUN!

Nieve.Roja
12-18-08, 11:47 AM
Greetings and salutations to all.

I'm Nieve.Roja, which is Spanish for Red Snow. I guess you could say I'm from the RPGateway forums, though I tend to ride the waves like a leaf on the wind. I don't really mind any kind of setting, as long as it's not classic fantasy. My writing style can be considered movie/anime-ish, at least that's what I've been told.

I intend to have a fun tournament with you all.

Alias
12-18-08, 07:38 PM
Hi!

I'm Alias (http://www.roleplayacademy.com/author/alias/), from RPGFO (officially) but I'm also from http://www.roleplayacademy.com/ and I got drawn up into this by Cristoph as he was trying to worm his way to the RPGFO management. Well, I'm glad to have helped, and I've applied to be a Judge, so hopefully I'll get to help out with this ToC!

Lord Saladin
12-18-08, 08:00 PM
I guess I'd better introduce myself here, seeing as a fair few others have, and it is only proper in a place you aren't native.

I'm Lord Saladin, generally know as Lord Saladin. Or Saladin. Occasionally ConvolutedMusings. I've been RPing now for about four years, and I have been writing since I was about ten or eleven... So, over ten years. RP and writing are one of my most heartfelt passions.

I come from RoleplayGateway, where I also find myself involved with the Grand Tournament League, the record keeping facility run by the same guy who owns Gateway - Eric Martindale. I've also been heavily involved in the earlier incarnations of the Roleplay Academy. Though, I am now simply a regular reader of the RPA.com blog.

Which leads me to my next point, a more personal one: Alias, I LOVE your posts in the RPA! For real, you have it all down perfectly. I'm glad you've applied to be a judge and not participating - if I were to face you, I'm sure I'd lose. ((Note: I am Effectual Immortality on the RPA site.))

I am looking forward to getting involved with some fantastic writers, and roleplaying with some cool people.

I guess, really, that's about all that needs to be said... So, good luck everyone.

KaseiYamanako
12-19-08, 10:27 AM
But anyway, I am known for epic posts. Epic storylines, and other types of epicness. If epic is involved, I probably have a say in it. If epic had a face, I would probably be its face.

Dx< Where i'm from if you look up "epic" or "awesome" you'll see a picture of my character Kasei, lol. Kasei is the creator of epic and awesome, without him there would be no such thing so be happy that he created such a thing. XD Nah i'm only joking, well on with the intro I guess. Character's name is Kasei Yamanako, I've been rping for about a year and some months now but don't let that short time fool you. Time doesn't = skill all the time and I'm one of those cases, i'm better than most who've been doing this their whole lives. I'm 19 now, 20 in June D: i'm from NYC but moved to NC for my last 3yrs of HS and now my first two of college. If I'm not Rping, more than likely I'm on iRO or something. I'm pretty much chilled out for the most part cause I see no point in being so hype all the time, I'm the guy that sits back and makes fun of and pokes fun at everyone. If I say a joke or somethin, don't take it to heart cause I'm only jokin. Joke back for all I care, just make sure it's funny or I'll make fun of you for that too! Well, in the name of Kasei we pray, amen and see ya on the forum somewhere.

P.S.- This place does pwn, I've read through some of the places so far and I must say I do like. o.o

Alias
12-19-08, 12:06 PM
Heya Saladin, glad to have a fan, and I enjoy your comments on my articles! Looking forward to seeing you duel, and I'm sure you'd give me a run for my money if I had elected to participate instead - I've read some of your work on RPGateway whereas I haven't recently dueled myself. It's one thing to preach and another to practice, if you know what I mean. Either way, glad to see you on here as well!

Lord Saladin
12-19-08, 12:36 PM
Haha, thanks, Alias. And, ya know, modesty will get you nowhere... I still think you'd kick ass. :)

And as for the comments, I just give my feedback in an honest sorta way. And yes, I agree, preaching and practising really are two different things - the amount of advice I give people that I don't take myself is ridiculous. Haha.

Well, I hope you have fun watching me get down with what I enjoy. I aim to entertain. :D

Slayer of the Rot
12-21-08, 12:03 PM
Ok, this is turning into a pretty big deal, and I just can't sit around and watch after I've shaken off my summer break rust, especially after Godhand of all people registered.

Plus if the grand prize is actually money I could use it for buying more hooch, or making bail, since the cops have been calling my house, wanting to talk to me...

Althanas here is my primary forum, and I'm one of the older members still lurking around. Uh, I can't really figure out anyway to introduce myself further except to say I guess I'm the resident drunk, as I'm about two more body shots of tequila away from being brain dead, and my oldest standing character that I'll be playing with likes going berserk and cracking skulls open to eat people's brains; like he did in the last clan war.

IRO-Bot
12-22-08, 04:45 AM
Good day, eh.

New to Althanas as of today, though I've been pestered by fellow RP'ers to join up on the fun for some time. I must say that I could resist the gravitational pull and peer pressure no longer! From my greeting you could guess that I'm Canadian, and you'd be right! That means I hope to get along with all you, or as much as I can RP on the forums with!

I've only been a member of a few other RP forums, all of which were based on the Zoids anime. I worked as a staffer/judge for the most famous of which for three years until its (amicable) closure, Metal Machine Music. So I guess I enjoy the battle/RP crossover style a lot! I'm a big fan of character motivation and reason for things happening and I can tell this is the kind of place for that to happen! I currently teach ESL in South Korea, so I have a bit of free time for writing!

I look forward to the shenanigans to come!

Gordie
12-22-08, 06:57 AM
Hey, my name is Gordie, i hail from the Battletech-Mercenaries forum, and my character is Nikolai Redmond, whos name is, if you can remember the battletech tv show, a merging of the 2 main antagonists Nikolai Malthus and Kristin Redmond. I'm Currently looking for a partner for the tournament of Champions also.

Lord Synical
12-22-08, 08:51 AM
I've seen some of your stuff, Saladin.
Many Kudos for having the balls to use Saidin.
Look forwards to facing you in the tournie!

Inkfinger
12-22-08, 09:24 AM
Good day, eh.

New to Althanas as of today, though I've been pestered by fellow RP'ers to join up on the fun for some time. I must say that I could resist the gravitational pull and peer pressure no longer! From my greeting you could guess that I'm Canadian, and you'd be right! That means I hope to get along with all you, or as much as I can RP on the forums with!

I've only been a member of a few other RP forums, all of which were based on the Zoids anime. I worked as a staffer/judge for the most famous of which for three years until its (amicable) closure, Metal Machine Music. So I guess I enjoy the battle/RP crossover style a lot! I'm a big fan of character motivation and reason for things happening and I can tell this is the kind of place for that to happen! I currently teach ESL in South Korea, so I have a bit of free time for writing!

WELL HAI THAR. I keep missing you on AIM! I like your character :D

we're taking over slowly but surely...>>

Flames of Hyperion
12-22-08, 09:40 AM
Good day, eh.

*Blinks*

Well, hello there!

... I agree with the above. Slowly, but surely...

Jericho
12-27-08, 04:40 AM
'Alo, all!

Name's Jericho, though it has also been Fenris/The Glassmaker/Eusimoto around these parts. Been on Althanas (technically) for a few years--'twas the place that really got me into RP--but I've been gone for some time running my own forum over on Domhantir. Looking forward to dusting off an old character and having some fun (with my good buddy Kryos)...though I'm absolutely terrified of somehow landing in a bracket with Slayer of the Rot...that thread'd disrupt my sleep patterns for weeks!

Mabus
12-27-08, 07:26 AM
Mabus here. I spend most of my RP time in the C/G forum of RPGC, and I'm pretty sure I once had an account called 'Satan' here, although I only posted perhaps 5 times here. I am fairly well known for playing a number of infamous characters, I think, and specialize in science-fiction and simple tactics in combat. I hope that we create some interesting storylines here.

Red14
12-27-08, 06:09 PM
[[Heya guys, I'm here from RPGFO and need a partner!

My character is Here. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17922) I hope to find a partner with a modern character for this tournament, but anyone friendly is good enough for me.]]

Meant to post that in the "need a partner" thread.

Anyway, I'm from RPGFO although I haven't been there long, I first started rping on Animetheme forums back in about 2001, then I moved to Elite Authors board in about '05 and Now I'm floating between Elite Authors Board and RPGFO rping all over the place.

Nice to meet you all!

Apocalyptica
12-27-08, 08:40 PM
Hey guys, it'sa me, Manda. I'm taking a break from my novel to make a return just for this Tournament since my fiance's partner flaked out on him. You guys should feel very lucky. I almost went with Chromanon for this thing.

lPulse
12-27-08, 10:27 PM
n.n at Red.

Hellu people. I`m lPulse from RPGFO. I look forward to Rp`ing up in this heazy.

Manda no offense but your av is hella gruesome. >.> Any history on it?

Hanala
01-04-09, 06:16 PM
Silly Boots, i like my eggs.............deviled.Bet you didnt see that one coming.

Taskmienster
01-04-09, 06:22 PM
Oh me oh my, Chromanon would have been awesome... though you don't have Ter-thok this time, haha!

Hey peeps, I'm Task, waited the manditory 15 pages of responses to put my own up here. (No that's not a rule, just me making excuses for missing it and putting it off.) I'm from here on Althy, been here since '03, working as a judge and approval mod here, since that's obvious.

Nothing really else to say.

Hanala
01-04-09, 07:16 PM
tralalalalala jus bein bored cuz i ish waitin for my registration thread thingy to be approvificatirized. >:3

Taskmienster
01-04-09, 07:32 PM
Please don't post that you are waiting for your approval or bored in this thread, this is not the place for it. Thank you.

Hanala
01-04-09, 07:46 PM
Wll this is also hardly the place for a lot of the off topic discussions and comments in here but whatever. I see your busy "hacking" and " manipulating reality" so i'll let you go.
Hollah back lil girl. -_0

Isis Ixidar
01-05-09, 02:15 AM
My name is Isis Ixidar, I come from Anime League and have RPed for a long time etc. etc.

I heard there were little girls in this thread.

Fitz
01-12-09, 03:05 PM
Computers don't leave for holiday without them!

Sorry folks I forgot my computer at my apartment when I left for holiday. Good luck to all those in the ToC.

Probably not the best thread for this, but I couldn't find a proper general OOC in here.