PDA

View Full Version : A Question

MetalDrago
12-07-08, 06:34 AM
I want to know, from all the people who read this thread, why do you write here on Althanas?

In answer to my own question, I'm going to openly admit why I write, and why I continue to come back to this site every time I lose internet access. I love to write, I love fantasy worlds, I love the very idea behind Althanas, and I love the people here. Most importantly, perhaps, it's fun. Sure, we all have our problems, but... I have many memories here that still make me laugh, smile, want to puke, etc.

So, come on, everyone. Why do you write/play/RP here on Althanas?

Shisui
12-07-08, 07:36 AM
It's laidback. I can't stand sites that have so many rules. I've created characters all over the place, but this site has the perfect balance of Strict and Free. I like the people, they mirror my own thought process, morals, and sense of humor, for the most part (excluding some "hardasses/self-absorbed" out here, i.e. Godhand, Raelyse. I'm sure that's just a facade they put up to trick us...well, maybe not Godhand. XD)

The mods are dedicated to being fun, friendly, open-minded, and they always try to keep things interesting. Plus, I love the fact that they judge the threads. I don't know if it's because of the fact that they give you numbers to play with, or because I like to be honestly critiqued on my work. Either way, I love it.

Also, this site has made the most impact on me. Both as a writer and a person. The close, familial atmoshpere just makes me feel at home, and that's something that I like. The fact that everyone cares for one another, and they treat you awesomely warms my spirits. :D

MetalDrago
12-07-08, 09:24 AM
I feel you, man... I've made many lasting friends here on Althanas, and I've never quite questioned it. And, believe it or not, I too like learning to become better at being a writer.

Caden Law
12-07-08, 07:07 PM
...I just wanted to write a Wizard. D:

Sunset Theatre Co.
12-07-08, 07:20 PM
Writing is fun. That's pretty much it. That's all the reason I need, innit?

Besides, sometimes I need a break from writing radio dramas.