PDA

View Full Version : Afzel Chandra

Chandra
12-07-08, 09:26 PM
I'm currently looking for a partner, so PM me if you're interested!
Name: Afzel Chandra

Aliases: Afie, Afdrogynous, Little Moon, A.C.
Race: Half Elf (Human/Dark Elf)
Sex: Male
Height: 5’7
Weight: 140lbs

A Vision of Androgynous Afie

”My God, Brother, how do you get the ladies to like you? Because if I were a girl I wouldn’t want a man that looked like me.”

-Cyrux Chandra

Although an equal mix of Dark Elf and Human, Afzel passes much easier for a Human than an Elf. His ears are only slightly angled, his face isn’t long, and his hair is not long, straight nor silver. His bright brown eyes compliment his unusually bright olive skin, and his facial features suggest his human side may be of Fallien heritage. His hair is black and curly, but tame at two inches. What do come from the Elven side are unusually feminine features, such as long eyelashes and a thin frame. Afzel is usually seen wearing neutral colors like beige, ivory, taupe, black, gray, and white, and chooses between them depending on the situation. His signature feature is an oversized poncho that ends at his knees. It is double vented in the front to allow quick movement of the arms, and is held together by a large crescent pendant on his shoulder. Overall Afzel’s appearance can be cited as youthful, unthreatening, and androgynous.

Afie’s Prologue

”Let me be the first to tell each and every one of you that you’re the ones the rest of the world wouldn’t take. I want you to hear that from your father’s mouth before any other. That does not mean we were the last resort. Never did we put the five of you in line with the rest of the orphans when prospective parents walked in. We never even considered it. You were ours, and as far as I’m concerned it was their loss.”

-Elranatil Chandra

The hinges of the oversized double doors on the front of the manor squealed as they swung open. The gust of cool air that came from inside would have been refreshing to the man standing in front of them, but it had been a long journey to the Khu’fein region. That combined with his old age and carrying a twelve ounce infant made everything uncomfortable. On the other side of the threshold there stood a Dark Elven woman. She was the stereotypical image of an Alerarian woman in her best days; ornate clothing, long spider silk silver hair, and not a wrinkle to her name. Her white eyebrows gave a slight rise. It had been a while since she had seen a Human at her doorstep, and never had she seen one so old. She nodded for him to come in and closed the door behind them.

“Lady Yora’Xil Chandra,” The woman said as she locked the door. “Welcome to the Chandra Orphanage.”

“Pleased to make your acquaintance, Lady Chandra. I am…”

“Let’s not…” Yota said in a raised voice in an attempt to keep the old man from speaking his name. She put a hand on his shoulder and smiled through her jade eyes. “Let’s not delve into your identity good sir. When the little one asks, I’d rather not know than resort to a lie.”

“Quite understandable. Will you be taking him then?” The old man said as his dark wrinkled face exuded a somber smile.

“I must ask a simple question, and then I will decide.” The smile on the man’s face disappeared. Yora was lying. She always took the children, but rarely did the child come to the doorstep with a guardian of any sort. It wasn’t often that she could take the pleasure of digging into someone’s soul, whether young and scared or old and frail. “…Why?”

“As the child’s father I probably won’t live to see his first birthday, and his mother, though a young and healthy Drow, will not take him. To acknowledge his existence would destroy her family’s reputation. I will let you put the rest together.”

“Very well.” Yora said with a smile as she took the cloaked bundle with a smile. “We will take him. Does he have a name?”

“No, but will you be able to find a home for him?” The old man said with a bewildered face. It would be difficult, if not impossible, to find a family in Alerar much less Althanas that would accept a half Human half Dark Elf child.

“I have no doubt that little Afzel will have a home in no time.” Yora allowed the tiny creature to capture her attention even in his sleep. She rocked him gently from side to side.

“Afzel… That is Alerarian for “better” or “superior”. Why that name?”

“Because despite what anyone may say… he is.”

The old man was right. No one would ever adopt Afzel after learning of his heritage, but no one would ever get the opportunity to turn down adopting him. Instead of putting him up for adoption like the other children Yora’Xil Chandra introduced Commander Elranatil Chandra to their fourth child.

From then on Afzel was never deceived about his birth. Whenever he asked, his parents, Yora’Xil and Elranatil, had no qualms telling him what they knew, which wasn’t much. This went the same for all five of their children, all of whom for different circumstances would never have been adopted by the traditional families of the world.

First was Yuuto, a blind Elf of Raiaeran descent. Second was a Demon whom they named Cyrux. Third was a Half Elf girl like Afzel, whom they named Rupinder. Afzel was the fourth, but their fifth came shortly after. She was a Human named Uzma, and their reasons for keeping her are unknown. Each sibling’s name means “superior” in a different language, and none have disappointed so far.

The five of them grew up in the Chandra Orphanage which was on the western edge of the Khu’fein region of Alerar. This and their adoptive father’s profession as a commander of the Alerarian Army provided easy access to adventure. Due to their differences they were all homeschooled by their mother, who was a former engineer in Ettermire. As each Chandra child grew, each one took a different path. Afzel learned the ways of battle from his father, but was forbidden by him to fight in the Raiaera-Alerar conflict that ensued two years ago. Elranatil prided himself on the objective world view he tried to instill in all of his children, but if Afzel were to participate in the conflict he would be obliged to side with his father even if it was the wrong side.

Afzel understood, and thus set out to become a soldier of fortune… a soldier of fortune?

Afie’s Toys

Afzel’s Schianova: This is a custom made sword made specifically for Afzel on his twentieth birthday. It has a ‘cat’s head pommel’ and distinctive handguard made up of many leaf-shaped brass or iron bars attached to the cross-bar and knucklebow rather than the pommel. It is often confused with a rapier, but has a wider thicker blade that is double edged. The delyn blade measures 93.2 cm × 3.4 cm × 0.45 cm and bears two fullers or grooves running about 1/4 the length of the blade. Weighing in at around 1.1 kg, this blade is useful for both cut and thrust. Its signature feature is an elaborately designed basket hilt that wraps around the user’s hand.

Yuuto’s Crimson Wand: Given to him by his older brother Yuuto nearly two years ago. Unlike Afzel, Yuuto’s calling was to become a bard, who sang and entertained countless people all over the world. When Yuuto was in Raiaera, he impressed a member of the High Bard Council and was rewarded with this, a fourteen inch ornate wand made from the core of a cursed tree of the Red Forest. Yuuto was able to perform magic through song already, so he gave it to Afzel. Shortly after accepting the wand Afzel discovered his inner mage. Although there are many myths and legends surrounding the cursed forest and the possibilities that may come with possessing such an object, most agree that the wand is simply a mental catalyst for magic Afzel is already capable of.

Afie’s Talents
Being homeschooled by a former engineer affords Afzel an education befitting Alerarian royalty. His knowledge includes, but is not limited to History and Civics (specifically Corone, Raiaera, and Alerar), Mathematics (Geometry and Trigonometry), and Science (Elementary Biology and Physics). His area of strength is Military History and Strategy, which he learned through his father.

Swordplay: (Expert) Afzel has spent four years with his Schianova by his side, and has grown quite comfortable with it. He has superb hand-eye coordination, catlike reflexes, and light feet. Since the Schiavona can both slash and stab, he has developed a personal style that is a cross between Fencing and Kendo. He’s fast on his feet, armed with parries and counter attacks, and he holds the sword primarily with his right hand (Fencing), but he also uses horizontal and vertical slashes and direct stabs (Kendo).

Pensador & Matador: (Above Average) This is Afzel’s unique unarmed combat method of self defense that is based on natural fighting instincts and several martial arts techniques. Its trademark is the thinking man (Pensador) and thinking man attack (pensataq), which makes use of a tight defensive shape to protect the most precious part of the body, the head, and smashes and opens up the opponent with simultaneous parrying and striking. He often adds to this by taking off his poncho and using like a matador’s cape. Since he’s spent most of his battle time with Schiavona in hand he’s not as developed with unarmed combat.

Telekinesis: With Yuuto’s Crimson Wand, Afzel is able to produce motion without contact or other physical means. This ability is quite advanced. With a range of twenty feet he can perform the following feats. He can only perform one of these feats at one time, with the acception of Intuitive Defense, which stays up after it is cast.
Lift: He can lift and move inanimate objects up to one thousand pounds.
Velocity: He can create concentrated bursts of force up to seventy pounds in velocity. It can cause moderate to heavy damage on a foe.
Cut: He can make precise cuts equivalent to the tier strength of his sword. It extends twenty feet from his wand in the shape of a white laser beam.
Intuitive Defense: No matter what anyone believes, the one thing that cannot be argued about magic is that it is an environmental change initiated by the mind of the user. Afzel can figure out those environmental changes, and create a temporary barrier field counterbalancing those changes. In layman’s terms, he can create a barrier field impervious to magic. However, he must witness said magic at least once before he can create the field, and in only works once before he must repeat the process. The field can effectively block light to moderately damaging magic, but heavy magic has a good chance of breaking the field and continuing through to attack Afzel. If the field is not broken, it can last for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Classical Enchantment: Afzel is able to enchant the blade of his Schiavona with one of the following classical elements. Both the Schiavona and the Wand must be in hand to initiate the enchantment, but the Wand can be used for other things thereafter. He can only initiate one enchantment per thread and it is only temporary.
Electricity: Covers the Schiavona in a thin, but high voltage coat of electricity. The shock is approximately fifty thousand volts with very low amperage (i.e. taser). Unlike the other classical elements, the electricity is invisible save for a few plasma filaments streaming from the end.
Water: It’s not the substance of water that does the damage, but the pressure of its depth. The water enchantment coats the Schiavona with a layer of highly pressurized water which doubles the velocity of Afzel’s swing without adding the weight. Unfortunately the coat of water comes between the blade and its target, effectively turning it into a blunt weapon with a four hundred pound swing.
Fire: Covers the Schiavona in a coat of yellow flame. The flame itself is only able to cause minor burns, but combined with the cut of the blade it can be deadly.

Witchblade
12-07-08, 10:04 PM
Telekinesis:

Cut - just how far out can that laser beam of his extend?

Intuitive Defense - the field can effectively block light to moderately damaging magic, but heavy magic has a good chance of breaking the field and continuing through to attack Afzel. If the field is not broken, it can last for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Chandra
12-07-08, 10:11 PM
Edited.

I figured twenty feel like the rest of his Telekinesis.

Witchblade
12-07-08, 10:13 PM
Approverized!