PDA

View Full Version : Rules questions

Rodgin Kemph
12-09-08, 07:33 PM
I figured I'd toss this up genericly, but I have two quick questions.

1. Does our team registration go in the same place as our character sheets?

2. I was just looking at the dates of this thing, and I'm going on a vacation from January 2nd through the 9th. I don't think I'm missing much, but in the event I'm missing more then can be afforded, is it possible to find a surrogate for that brief period?

Christoph
12-09-08, 07:52 PM
1.) Your character sheets are approved independantly. Team registration and trials begin the 21st and is posted in the same forum, but in their own thread (though links to the approved profiles is need to be included).

2.) That's actually a good time for a vacation, because that is when the team registrations and qualification trials are reviewed. Round One starts on the 7th, but only for the first bracket. You can merely request that you be placed in brackets two, three, or four (include that in your team registration). In short, it won't be a problem.

Ji'lanha Eroved
12-09-08, 09:11 PM
The team registration and qualification guide says:

Your final step on the road to the Tournament of Champions is to submit a brief combative exchange between the two characters on your team as a roleplaying trial. It is essentially a short set of posts, between 1,000 and 2,000 words in length, designed to serve as an example of your roleplaying and writing abilities.

I just want to clarify because there have been a couple of questions, but does that mean each individual post must be between 1,000 and 2,000 words or the entire multi-post exchange should be between 1,000 and 2,000 words?

Logan
12-09-08, 09:19 PM
I don't know the official answer, but just stay safe and make it per active participant. 2000 words is less than 10 posts per participant, which is really nothing to say the least.

Heck...around here 2000 words can be a single post for some people *glares at the lurking Mutant Lorenor*.

Christoph
12-09-08, 09:23 PM
It's 1,000 to 2,000 words in total for both members of the team. This isn't meant to be anything large or even a complete scene or exhange. It, again, should be between two and four posts, used merely as a sample that showcases your abilities.

Tainted Bushido
12-11-08, 02:35 AM
It's 1,000 to 2,000 words in total for both members of the team. This isn't meant to be anything large or even a complete scene or exhange. It, again, should be between two and four posts, used merely as a sample that showcases your abilities.

And if we go over? I'd hate to be penalized because I chose to fully flesh out and complete a scene.

Christoph
12-11-08, 12:36 PM
Just try not to go overboard. 15% over or under is fine.

Grin
12-11-08, 08:01 PM
I've been informed by my team-mate that any items lost or broken during a round will be lost for the rest of the tournament. I can't find where this rule is stated. Is it true? Also, my shield is apt to break after several magical attacks. Will it be reset between rounds, should it not break and if it does get discarded or broken, can I steal someone else's or somehow get a replacement, even if it's only a simple steel shield?

Christoph
12-11-08, 08:13 PM
The official statement regarding items returning between rounds is "If you want them to." In other words, they come back, but you can opt to have them not, depending on how you want your character's story to progress.

Syaoran
12-12-08, 04:01 AM
I need more clarification on the ammount we need to post. Is it 1000-2000 words each? Or is it 1000-2000 words with both mine and my partner's posts put together? It has caused quite a bit of confusion...

Christoph
12-12-08, 09:49 AM
It seems like I answered this already in a different thread. It's 1,000-2,000 words total, between the two, and arranged either in two or four posts added onto your team registration thread.

Logan
12-12-08, 10:12 AM

You did... you just suck at clarity. Maybe you should get your eyes checked, old man.

Christoph
12-12-08, 10:16 AM
Not so much that; it's just hidden in a different thread. =p

Logan
12-12-08, 10:35 AM
Just in case Christoph still confuses you like he does everyone else, this is what he MEANS:

The 1000 to 2000 word requirement/request is total to be met by the team, not individual players. The expectation is between 2 to 4 posts for the team, with 1 or 2 posts per player.

I think THAT clarifies it thusly.