PDA

View Full Version : Back for a Bit

Sighter Tnailog
12-12-08, 04:38 AM
I'm back for a bit, but not "back." My problem with Althanas is this: unlike some better souls than me, who know how to spend thirty minutes on Althanas and get some things done, I don't. I'm like Leo McGarry's description of the problem with an alcoholic: it's not that I want a drink now and then, it's that I want ten drinks. For me, an hour's worth of time on Althanas suddenly translates into six hour's worth of time on Althanas, something that will fundamentally ruin my chances of further graduate work.

So don't expect to see me around much, but I just wanted to let folks know I'm working on some stuff I find interesting, at least. I'll be playing with the idea of Althanas interacting with the real world. Only this time, it's Althanas characters traveling to the real world, not the other way round. I think others have done this before, but I've never toyed with it myself. And I'll try to learn some things about Althanas along the way. If you're interested, let me know, but I'll be doing most of this quietly and slowly. So if you want to really dig into this topic, I'd love to do some questing with you, but you'll have to be in it for the long haul.

Anyway, it's nice to see you all. I like the way things are going!

Torin Reahkari
12-12-08, 05:22 AM
Madison's back!

...Kinda.

Still though, we missed you here.

Christoph
12-13-08, 10:45 PM
Hey! Welcome back.

On the topic of your idea, I actually had something in the pipeline a little while ago that was similiar, but instead of just having characters from Althanas visit Earth, it involved essentially transforming our Althanas characters into modern-fantasy versions of themselves.

Farmboy
12-13-08, 11:10 PM
Hey man, Welcome Back, for a little while. It'd be cool to see what you have in the works with that.

Don't be a stranger!
-VA

P.S. Happy Birthday if you didn't see the thread. :D

Ashiakin
12-14-08, 12:01 AM
I have been "back" for a few months and I have done one ten-post solo thread and made a handful of OOC posts. So I guess I've actually been as active as I ever was.

Rebellion
12-17-08, 11:43 AM
Nice to meet a fellow alcoholic.
:D
Welcome backish.

Terminus Mortis
12-17-08, 12:35 PM
My character comes from the real world. Could make things interesting. PM me if you'd like.