PDA

View Full Version : Preparations to be had.

Modrue
07-07-06, 11:01 AM
Silence, at night it descended on the often loud town of Radasanth like a plague. It was the only time that the demon ventured into the streets, into the shadows. In the distance the merrymaking from places outside of the slums caught the perked, sharp ears of the demon. The noise made him grimace in disgust. Humanity was the same no matter where he went, live for the moment and let someone else worry about tomorrow.

“Pain and revenge will be exacted soon enough,” the demon cooed to himself as he floated like a shadow across the cobblestone pathway towards the only shop he would bother with. It was slightly run down, a window broken from a stray rock, and had the appeal of a pockmarked whore. But it was exactly what Modrue had been looking for. Not much more could be expected of a shop on the outskirts of the slums.

As the door gave way to an array of weapons and armor a toothy, devious smile rose on the normally expressionless face of the demon. He closed the door gently behind him as he opened his heavy trench coat and walked towards the counter. Long, thin fingernails stroked a rather cruel looking blade, its black surface coated with a sickly-sweet scented toxin.

“I am in need of an upgrade for my gauntlets,” the deep, guttural tongue of the demon said as he placed the two steel gloves on the counter. “I want the metal to cover the top part of my forearm and small spikes added to the finger and knuckle parts. And as high a tier metal as this can afford.”

From a small, colorless hole a sack of gold dropped onto the counter. It was everything that the demon possessed, an amount that he himself could not actually count. To cover for the fact he spread the gold around with the tips of his dagger-like nails. In all there was almost 1150 worth of gold resting on the counter.

nekoprince
07-10-06, 03:46 PM
Lionel was begining to get in trouble with his own work. Being a merchant was better than his old life in comparision to what he used to do. at the very least he was able to relax quite a bit more and didn't have monsters and enemies trying to kill him at every turn. Though, given how much work he still had to do due to only having one assitent, he never managed to put any fat on his thin body like quite a few other equelly succsessful merchants. He came in from the back from, part of his hair frazzled in a way suggesting he had been sleeping moments earlier.

"Sorry, sorry," he said aloud. hearing the request and flipping through his price book as he did so "I didn't hear you come in. Just bare with me. As for the stuff, I can give you a pair of new gauntlets for 450 in titanium made by humans, but if you can try to afford it, possibly Mythrill as well in the 2000 gold range."

Modrue
07-10-06, 06:32 PM
"I will accept the first one, though I do not understand the difference humanity places on the attractiveness of the metal's over their value. Why would the metal's be so separate." Though the demon could not understand the difference between monetary units and numbers, he could safely assume the words meanings.

"I would also like to know what I can do for this coat? It is a heavy leather, two inches thick, weighted by steel plates at specific intervals to add forty pounds of weight. I would like to add something stronger then steel, something slightly heavier, and to reduce the thickness of the leather. Whatever I have left after the first purchase should be put into this, of course."

Time seemed to stand still.

The night was just beginning and only a comming tournament was on the agenda for the demon. It would be the rise of the assassin cult, The Banishment, once again. These were simply preparations that needed to be made.

nekoprince
07-10-06, 08:16 PM
"500 for that custom ajcket that you want sir," Lionel replied cheerfully. He had been getting a string of good, if odd and creepy customers, lately and it put the merchant into a good mood. He yawned, smiling sleepily. "Sorry, 300 for it. I'm a bit sleepy. Anything else? and I'll send someone to start making it now."

Modrue
07-10-06, 08:58 PM
"Then it is settled. I will accept both agreements. Take what gold this will require from the pile, I will return the rest," Modrue said as he removed his coat and placed it too on the counter.

((Just for clarities sake, the metal being replaced in the coat is the next tier/step? So the coat is now an inch thick with Plynt plates and weighs 60 pounds... if that costs any more then just take it out. And the metal gloves are upgraded to Titanium. If that's all then this transactions done, and thank you for your time!))

nekoprince
07-10-06, 09:06 PM
"Thanks man,' Lionel smilied back, collecting the gold as his assistant Kate arrived. He smilied at her, pointing at the cash barrel he kept and heading into the back room, ready to catch up on sleep again.

((YEah, that's gonna be it. 750 taken away, 399 I belive remains))

Modrue
07-10-06, 09:14 PM
Modrue opened up the portal and allowed the remaining gold to slip into the void. After recieving his items back he turned and left, a sickly grin on his devious face.

((Kk, done then))

Zieg dil' Tulfried
07-12-06, 02:48 PM
Gold Deducted.