PDA

View Full Version : Ryu Hasigawa

ryuhasigawa
12-13-08, 06:34 PM
Hey! I'm signing up for the Battle Royale! I'm supposed to be at Level 5... and I have no idea what that means!!! ^^

pretty much, know this may be overpowered and am willing to tone it down, however, this is a character from a different site that I'm using, and I was wondering if this forum includes things from other sourses... like, if I were to take something from Final Fantesy... would that be alright? If I were to bring in something from Death Note, would that be ok? you know... obviously DBZ's out of the question... however, would extending poles be allowed? or perhaps Keyblades from KH? These are the sorts of things that I'm curious about so I can create my character to a degree that no one would would argue his abilities...

now, onto the profile! :D

THE BASICS
-
Character Name: Ryu Hasigawa
Character Birth date: March 19, 1994
Character Age: 14
Character Race: Human
Character Gender: Male
Character Personality:

Ryu is shy at first when he meets new people… he sometimes has a loss of words, but he is smart and a great strategist. He had always been able to think well on his feet and had always been good at thinking one or two steps ahead (he was a great Shogi, Chess, Go, and Checkers player). He values friendship and human lives more than anything because of what he had lost, but isn’t concerned about the lives of the shadow monsters he had run across. He wants to avenge his family’s death and will stop at nothing to find out what the heck is going on!

Character Appearance: • Height: 5’4”
• Hair color: Brown
• Eye color: Brown
• Build: Slim
• Clothing: After years of training and journeying, Ryu has finally mastered the art of world traveling, thus, is able to wear anything he wants from any world he wants as long as he has the munny to buy it. Ryu wears a white armor that shimmers with the magic of Kedjat that flows through him. The armor may look heavy, but doesn't hinder his movment in any way due to being stronger than most people. The armor is plated and covers his arms, legs, and feet. His hands and head are exposed to allow his hands to grip onto whatever he wants and move his head in any direction he chooses without being blocked by unnessisary armor. His neck is guarded by a strip of armor that has one word inscribed on it. 'Kokoro'. Ryu has identified this as the native word for 'Heart'.

When Ryu walks, it has a slight unease about it... Like Ryu is always on guard or something. His skin is a healthy white without freckles or blemashes, his hair is messy, but a clean sort of messy... It looks washed, but just not combed all the time... but that was before Ryu was taken from his home and thrown into the world of Kingdom Hearts. Now, he washes when he gets the chance, but usually he doesn't get that chance.

POWER
-
Character Abilities:

Guardian Heritage: Ryu is a descendent of the Hasigawa family, a line of Guardians to the other worlds. Because he has the gene of the Hasigawa, he is faster and stronger than most kids his age. To be specific with how much stronger and faster Ryu is than most other people. Because of his increased speed, he can run 40 mph (average is 10) and can lift up to 750 pounds.

Elemental Word: on his quest, Kadjet will be teaching Ryu of his family and what his parents hadn’t told him. Ryu is able to control the elements through Kadjet, the name of his Katana as well as the Dragon inside of it. With a word, Ryu is able to control a certain element that corresponds with the word. There are four main words that are used to control all the elements.

Fire
Water
Wind
Earth

Ryu uses mental energy when using this power and needs to train and experience more of the world before he is able to use his powers to the fullest of his abilities.

Character Weapons:

Katana: The only weapon Ryu needs. Made of Titanium infused with magical properties, this Katana is an old family heirloom passed down from generation to generation. Ryu has practiced with the sword ever since he could pick it up. Ryu views it as an extention to his arm, however, Ryu doesn’t fully understand what the Katana really is… or what it contains…

*The Katana has an elemental resistant hilt for safty purposes*

Skills:

- Quickdraw: In a motion, Ryu is able to block or attack with just the act of drawing his sword.
- School of the Elements: Created and passed onto each Hasigawa as they inherited Kedjat, this stance is a series of stances merged into one school of Sword style. There are four stances Ryu knows:

o Fire: An aggitated stance that is mainly used for offence. Ryu uses this when he has the element fire on his weapon.

o Water: A subdued stance that is used mainly for defence. By using this, his sword becomes a barrier between himself and magics and many blunt attacks while able to encase his enemy and render him/her incapable of fighting.

o Air: A improvisational stance that is used with the air element. He uses distance and speed to his advantage. This is a mix of defense and attack while placing emphasis on attacking.

o Earth: A solid, firm stance that is used in defending a small circlular area. Ryu is able to lift the heavy sword, however, weighing a ton, it would crush a man easily. being heavy and durible emphisizes defence while having a good offensive choice as well.

Bow and Arrow: Just a simple bow made of wood and arrows tipped with a light but strong iron Ryu finds on his travels... This weapon is used at a distance but can be amplified by Kedjat's elemental ability by spending MP on the power Ryu wants to amplify the arrow with.

- Elemental Boost: By using the word of power, Ryu can enhance the shot by the element type.

Character Armor: White, Shining armor made of magically infused Titanium. Its light reflects the purity of the person wearing it.

Character History

Born on Earth in Japan, Ryu lead a somewhat normal life. He had two loving parents, and was an overall happy child growing up. He was raised helping his grandfather out in the dojo everyday after school. He was always cleaning, tutoring grandfather’s students in the ways of the sword, and doing homework until dark… he didn’t really have much of a life than that. His dad had gone away when he was born and Ryu didn’t see much of him. Ryu’s dad was always away on business trips. But, when Ryu’s dad did come home, he always brought home souvenirs from the places he had been. He had brought home pumpkins, candy, spoons that seemed to giggle when washed… he had even brought home a lamp that had been famous in a movie once!

But one day, Ryu’s father didn’t come back… he had gone on a business trip without the lucky sword he had always taken and had been gone ever since. Ryu wasn’t sure what to think of it, but he knew that most his friend’s parents didn’t have to travel nearly as much as his dad did… it made him frequently ask questions.

Ryu’s grandfather called him to the dojo and gave Ryu his dad’s lucky sword.

“It’s called ‘Kedjat, the heartbringer’.” his grandfather had told him. “It is an old heirloom passed down from generation to generation, now, it is yours!”

That was the happiest day in Ryu’s life! Until, everything changed. Ryu didn't know what had happened, but it felt odd... like a gigantic door had been opened and Dark shadowy monsters (heartless) had come out of it... The Monsters took on various shapes and sizes and had destroyed his home, killed his family and his friends, and everything he had ever known was flipped upside down and turned inside out. He tried to run... but he wasn't able to get away. He was surrounded by the monsters and they where closing in... slowly but surely. Ryu hadn't had any other choice... he took out his new Katana and charged at the wall of monsters advancing on him.

It seemed to Ryu that he was stumbling through a world of darkness, unlike anything he had ever seen before. It was cold, lightless, and hopless. Ryu felt almost like his heart was being ripped out of him. So this is where I die... Dad... why couldn't I have made you proud? A surge of sadness flowed through Ryu... It might have been the sadness or it could have been that the entity felt sorry for Ryu, but his heart had been released from the grip that had been holding onto it.

Ryu ran further through the darkness, trying to find a way out, yet not being able to see anything. Suddenly, Ryu saw a faint light. It wasn't bright enough to be the sun, but it was still a light! Ryu emerged into another world... There wasn't a soul in sight... nor was there a city withing seeing distance either... Somehow, Ryu managed to get away alive, but even so, he didn’t recognize the place he had emerged from. It was sandy and barren and had a certain chill about it at night... But, it seemed almost magical. Ryu had no idea where he was or what had happened to him, but he trudged on, hoping to run into some sort of civilization. Scared, depressed, and hungry, Ryu started his journey!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT A POWER IN AND OF ITSELF! THIS IS AN EXTENSION OF 'WORD OF POWER'

Elemental Words:

*Elemental words need to be said in order for change to occur... I've written examples relating to how it would effect his sword if he were to use it on the blade itself... however, the powers are also able to be used on the surrounding environment as well*

Basic Combinations:

-Fire:

Flames surround the sword starting from the tip and spreading down. This element increases offensive power when used to manifest the element around the sword. When manifested, this power is also able to burn the opponent.

-Earth:

When touched to the ground, the dirt and rock condense onto the sword. This increases the defensive power and durability of the sword, being able to stop slashing and peircing attacks but decreases the speed. only the strongest of blunt attacks can break this sword.

-Wind:

When used, an invisible, weightless extension is added to the sword. The extension is made of condenced air that is able to slice like a sword usually would be able to. The normally thin Katana grows wider and longer than normal increasing range by 2 times the normal length.

-Water:

When the word is spoken, all the water vapor in the air or from the ground rushes up to the sword making a casing of water around it. The casing is more like Jello except the user doesn't have to apply pressure to fend off an attacker. the water is formless and can stretch and twist to its weilder's will. If hit by an enemy, it can either absorb the attack (unless it's a slicing weapon) or disperse and encase the enemy within its watery confinements.

[these words take effect in the surroundings as well, if there is water, earth, fire, or air in his surroundings, he is able to manipulate it... however... I won't use god-mod moves. I will always check first before using something I might think is god-moddish]

Taskmienster
12-13-08, 08:02 PM
This is the wrong place for this, but I will move it to the correct area for the Tournament Registration and continue with the approval process.

You have it listed that you have a keysword in the appearance, and armor, but neither is listed anywhere else. Please make a section for armor and what pieces you have and what metal they are made out of as well as whatever special properties it may have. You also need to list the keysword if you are going to use it, along with the materials it is made out of as well.

We also don't use MP on Althanas. We tend to have a much more open system for magic, allowing the player to use their discression not to powergame the overuse of magic. Normally, unless the spells are very powerful, we don't limit them. If you over use them, and powergame your score will be docked, but that's up to you to be careful with [though as an approval mod I will attempt to explain how something may be powergamed and limit the opportunity to do so anyway =)]

So, you also need to post skills for the use of the weapons that you have, and armor you may use.

I also need the material of the katana, the bow, and the arrows and arrow heads.

Finally, remove all but maybe 6-7 spells. Depending on their relative strength and use, along with what other skills you add for weapons, that's about what's good for a level 5 character and we'll work from there.

On Althanas we STRONGLY discourage blatant use of anything from something already popularized, since that's a way to get in trouble for copyright infringement and we tend to stay away from that! Lol. Hopefully that helps...

ryuhasigawa
12-15-08, 08:49 PM
^ ish edited!

^^

Taskmienster
12-16-08, 10:27 AM
Alright, next step is to ask what kind of armor is it? Is it just a breastplate? Do you have gloves and boots that are with it? And I assume that the keysword and armor are both made out of silver, completely? Though later you have the armor as Adamentine... so not sure which it is.

Also, you have that he is stronger and faster, but not how much stronger and faster. Could you please specify that for me? (Strength 10 in the appearance doesn't say much to me). Let's say, for now, that he is 4x faster and 5x stronger.

Please don't use the teleportation in battle, since it's world to world and not place to place, it's not going to be useful for traveling 30 feet. Lol.

The katana can't be made of adamantium, I'll allow titanium at most though.

That's all. Almost done and approved so you can get on with writing and the tournament!

ryuhasigawa
12-16-08, 12:58 PM
hehe! I was wondering where you saw the keyblade! I didn't think I had included it in appearance as well :P (used this profile at another RP site)

so, I've made the modifications and am wondering if I can add this power on top of the six I have already:

Dragon Form (lasts for 5 posts. once five posts are over, Ryu is rendered incapable of fighting for 2 posts due to exhastion, however, can not use this power again):

usable once per battle, Ryu and Kedjat have learned to fuse their minds into one. Further increasing speed to 80 mph and adding a limited 'glide' effect at 20 mph, Ryu takes on the personality and look of a Dragon. His armor turns red and takes on a scaley appearance, his neckguard stretches into a helmet that takes on the shape of a dragon's head with its mouth open to reveal Ryu's face, and a tail extends from Ryu's prostirior. Wings extend from his armored back that he can extend to glide or use to swat the enemy. The sword turns into a two sided double bladed halbard that is tipped on both ends. The tips of the halbard have three prongs that twist. When entered into the victem, he twists the pole to dig the prongs into the opponent and pulls straight out, tearing the opponent's insides to peices.

While in this transformation, Ryu's unable to use the elemental powers, however, he gains a new set of powers:

Form Powers:

o Glide- For a time, Ryu can extend the wings that grow on his back and use them to soar through the air.

o Dragon Rage- by going into this form, Ryu enters a berserk mode that enhances his speed and strength. however, he is liable to attack friend or foe... not to mention hurting himself with the strain of the feats he uses. He is unable to feel pain, however, when time's up, he will DEFINATLY be able to feel it! XD

o Dragonic Warding- Thanks to his dragonic side, he gains immunaties to some types of magic as well as types of damage, however, developes weaknesses to other types of magics and damage. he becomes impervious to fire magics and poisons magically induced, however, cold magics work well against him. He negates some slashing damage and peircing damage, however, blunt attacks do more damage.

o Dragon Stance- This stance allows him to use several things to his advantage. His speed, and his unique weapon. First off, his weapon is able to grip its victem with its twisted prongs on either end, it can also catch some weapons and seperate it from its master's hands.

o Sonic Boom- Unlike going the speed of sound or something like that, this power is the result of his speed and power creating a huge deafening sound when colliding with armor, weapons, anything that can cause a noise! Through this, many people would be disoriented, dazed, and perhaps lose the ability to hear for a short amount of time.

Taskmienster
12-16-08, 07:28 PM
Goooood *rubs hands together* Now, the only thing left is the armor, what type of material is the armor you have listed in your appearance?

And that dragon seems incredibly too strong for a level 5 character to have, even with the downside of 'post transformation' stuff.

ryuhasigawa
12-16-08, 07:52 PM
umm.... magically infused adamenti-

(watches threatening look come to mod's face)

*cough cough* Titanium! ^^ (can't have adamentium armor if the strongest weapon you allow is Titanium XD)

Taskmienster
12-17-08, 12:24 AM
Technically I was just allowing the titanium sword, the common is dehlar at the moment. But honestly, the type of metal doesn't really mean as much as how well you write anyway. A person with an iron dagger can out write a person with an adamantium sword, and win... lol.

ryuhasigawa
12-17-08, 12:24 PM
heh, that's something to look forward to then! (picks up stick and starts whacking ppl with it! XD)

well then! how does everything else look? ^^ anything else I can do for ya?

Taskmienster
12-18-08, 04:26 AM
Nope, that'll be all. Thanks for cooperating so amiably and good luck with the tournament!

Approved.