Fitz
12-15-08, 11:07 PM
Name: Kuldroc "Kul"
Race: half-orc
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Amber
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 260 lbs.

Personality: Kuldroc is a bright and calculating individual. He is an excellent read of people and a shrewd negotiator. To this end Kuldroc has learned to use his racial prejudice in his favor, by allowing those around him to underestimate him he is able to maximize his advantage. Kuldroc is not a cold hearted individual, and in fact is quite compassionate in his own way. He much prefers cases which allows him to unite family members rather than take down criminals. If it is criminals he is after however no mercy is afforded, Kuldroc knows there is no room for doubt or restraint when your up against a cornered animal. He will bring them in alive if possible, but not by much. Kuldroc is by nature a cautious and tactical individual, however when someone gets his orcish blood up he has been known to act brash and impulsively. Kuldroc's joys are cards, meat pies, and watching happy families.

Appearance: Kuldroc stands a good head above most humans and is bulkier then most as well a benifit of his orcish bloodline. Kuldroc's head is close to human size and proportion only slightly elongated and heavier looking as befitting the rest of his body. his blockish jawline, pronounced canines, and heavy brow give him a more primitive appearance. Kuldroc's hair is jet black and slicked back into a short main which end at his shoulders. Kuldroc wears blacked leather over dark gray linen. his boots are soft black leather with grey wolf linings. at his side he wears a utilitarian short blade, but when on the job carries with him a trident and a variety of weighted throwing nets.

Languages:
Read/Write: Orcish, Common, Hunter's cant

Skills:
"I'm what'ca might call a people person" - Kuldroc is no novice to information gathering. he is above average at the skills of coercion, intimidation, persuasion, diplomacy, and bribery.

"Just like Ma used'ta taught" - Kuldroc has been trained in the use of gladiator fighting styles. He is above average with his mother's favored combo the trident and net. He is at an average level with bare hands (grappling/striking). He is less adept (BA) with short swords and chains.

"Say ga'night" - through practice and observation Kuldroc has learned when an opponent has had enough and can turn a killing blow into a knockout.

"Lookie here" - Kuldroc has developed an above average awareness to his surroundings aiding in his tracking.

Abilities:

"I've got ya'r scent" - If Kuldroc is able to observe his prey for three consecutive posts it becomes much easier for him to locate the individual again.

"Ha! ya call that a punch me Ma hit twice as hard." - due to his robust physique and rough upbringing Kuldroc has great endurance and threshold for pain. 1.5x standard human.

"Aint hardly dark" - Kuldroc can see twice as well as the average human in poor or low lighting.

"Ya got me blood up!" - Kuldroc's blood heritage exerts itself when he is in highly emotional situations. Stress, pain, anger, and pleasure are example triggers. when his Orcish nature takes over Kuldroc doesn't hold back any physical action is increased by 25% under this effect. Kuldroc's judgment is hampered however. this effect lasts for 3 posts or two minutes and leaves Kuldroc fatigued for 5 posts or 4 minutes after that.

Armor:
Black boiled leather (breast, legs, sleeves): Kuldroc's armor is well oiled to minimize noise.

Weapons:
Steel headed trident
3 medium sized snare nets with iron weights.
Steel short sword

Equipment:
Iron Manacles x2 (medium sized)
Iron Manacles x2 (small sized)
Iron Chain (10 ft)
Boiled Leather Collar
Steel Hand Mirror
Hemp Rope (25 ft)
Steel Grappling Hook
Leather Scroll Case (containing variety of wanted posting & blank contracts)
Hunters Writ
dice
Gambit deck

History:
There’s a rough life, and then there’s growing up a half-orc. Some talk about how their mother was a monster, but few actually know what that’s really like. For us there were only two kinds of days: the ones where Ma beat us, and the days when Ma got drunk… then beat us. Ma came to the city as a gladiator, “The Savage Mistress” they used to call her. Ma could kill a man 'fore he even knew the match had started, but that’s not what the people came to see so she’d make it last. Long and painful like, give the audience a show and they loved her for it. Ma lived the good life, when you never know what day will be your last, you live every one you get, and Ma lived 'em hard. In those days she was beautiful. They say her lean muscles rippled under her taught olive skin, and her long black hair flowed like night itself. Nothing and no one could stop her, except herself.

She got herself involved with a human gladiator named Marus, and though they hid it as best they could for as long as they could, Ma discovered she was with child. She was forced to retire from the arena, but her manager was infuriated. He took all of Ma’s winnings when she got her release, and he had Marus killed in the arena. Ma never forgave us for that, she figured it was our fault Marus was dead, our fault she had to leave the life she knew. In fact Ma blamed Gurk and me for just about everything then on. I’d say she’d of downright killed us, if we didn’t remind her so much of Marus. But instead she tried to kill herself. Just like in the arena she did it slow like, pint by pint she sank, she faded further and further from life, till I guess one night she had too much and never came home. Gurk thinks she’s dead. Me, I think Ma’s too tough to die. She’ll look death right in the eye and laugh, I know it. So I spent a long time trying to find her. Any way I could, every day I spent on those streets following every lead, but it never turned out to be her. I was good though, I got real good at finding other people’s Ma, Pa, and just about anything they were looking for. But I wasn’t good enough... I’m still not good enough. But one day I’ll find her and I’ll show 'er what kinda boys she raised, then she’ll love us, she’ll have to love us.

Taskmienster
12-16-08, 11:53 AM
Well, hello there and welcome to the main forums of Althanas. I'm assuming this is for regular play on the site...

So, for the regular site, I'm going to have to ask that a couple things get changed. I'm going to have to ask that you remove skill with the weapons that you don't have to use, or that aren't listed in your weapon section. Daggers and Clubs.

Also, if you could reduce all but one of the 'average' skills to below average that would be fantastic.

Your endurance and threshold for pain can be at 1.5x normal (compared to human).

Other than that the profile looks perfectly fine, with a very interesting character.

Fitz
12-16-08, 01:38 PM
Cool, I'll make those quick fixes. Thanks for the help still trying to feel out the power levels you guys work with. I would have worked up Quint as my regular but I thought having him running about at level 5 and level 0 would be a little confusing at least for me.

Alright all those changes should be in now if you've got any other questions or suggestions please let me know.

Taskmienster
12-16-08, 07:39 PM
Not a worry man, starting by making a level 5 profile and then having to swing all the way back to a level 0 would make it a little confusing for someone not from Althanas. Haha. Everything looks fine now though. I look forward to seeing some stuff from you, and even writing with you if you want to get a thread up and running!

Approved!