PDA

View Full Version : Sebastian Matheson

Sebastian
12-17-08, 01:19 PM
Wow. I hate making a character profile. This is a mess, I know it. Just need something to enter with(this isn't how I write).

Name: Sebastian Matheson

Race: Human

Hair Colour: Brown

Eye Colour: Green

Height: 5 foot 5

Weight: 145 lbs

Sexual Orientation: Same gender, please!

Personality:

Perhaps if Sebastian didn't spend most of his time with Savannah, then he might be considered a quiet guy. That is not the case, though. Out of sheer enjoyment, he tries to annoy the fuck out of Savannah. Of course, we all know our boundaries -- Unless you're Sebastian.

At times he is well-kept as far as manners go. Smooth with words, calm and subtle; never to overdo something that it might break. More of a caring guy than a ruthless one, unless your name is Savannah Matheson. Other times, Sebastian fumes and goes on lengthy rants until the disposition of overlapping words fumbles him and he is forced to bite the tongue. Especially blunt more times than not. Seldom does he think before speaking, then again, he isn't afraid to voice thought or opinion.

Weapons:

Dual swords crafted of steel; A minor arch within' the middle of them with a light-brown leather fitting applied for a hilt. The two can be found intersecting along Sebastians' back in a similar leather scabbard.

Armour:

Only a woman wears such things!(Ta-ha Savannah)

Other Equipment:

Dressing: Provided by the Lord and his army. A rather tacky attire for the basic soldier. Tunic, leggings and rather worn out shoes, though broken in well enough.

Skills/Abilities:

Fencing: Throughout childhood Sebastian has been wielding a sword right alongside his sister, Savannah. Though, don't think you're just getting a sword-to-sword clash when entering battle, otherwise, you may just end up with a hilt to the face.

Elemental Abilities:

Represented solely by personality, we are left to conclude that through these attributes alone that Sebastian does indeed wield some magical concept. Such are --

WATER: Soul, Spirit, Empathy and Auras
FIRE: Emotion, Passion, Inspiration and Creation

Water Magic is the magic not only of water and other simple fluids, but of the soul and spirit. Spells that contact the soul and see it's state (revealing auras), and spells that summon and direct spirits, are Water Magic.

Manipulative: If water is given already due to the surroundings and within' fifteen feet of Sebastian, then he may very well see fit to shift its form and flow to direct it in any direction he sees fit. The closer, the better, so that if he were to want to hurl it, then more force could be applied behind it for a more devastating affect. Force of attack will be no stronger than an average punch, repeatedly.

No manipulation of vital liquids in a persons body will be touched in any way, fashion or form; Sebastian just can't do that.

If the water is not a given, then prep-posts for a large quantity will be given.

Abstract: Other liquids such as rum, liquor, or milk, all of which can only be the sum of a quarter of a pitcher, may be balled up and thrown. Water, too.

Awareness: Perhaps this explains those all-too-often "mind readings" Sebastian has with Savannah. So.. does this mean she too has it or is it merely that twin thing? Aside from Savannah, if Sebastian were to just open his eyes a bit more, then things would become far more clear. See a more mythical realm where magic does exist and people do contain their own fluctuating auras that hint to a current mood(s).

We all know we can tell how someone else is doing by either the way they act, talk, or the facial expressions they make. Awareness goes so far as to clearly show how one is truly feeling at that particular time by revealing each emotion as an "Aura", that only Sebastian can see. Red is anger, blue is calm, etcetera.

Fire Magic is the magic of flames, heat and cold, and of darkness and light, but is also the magic of emotion, passion, inspiration and creativity. While Air is the magic of design, Fire is the magic of creation.

Will Power: With an over-active spiritual flux in personality, most at the Lords Keep have noticed that Sebastian rarely deters or tires of common things. Things like, annoying ones sister, sparring, jabber-jawing, and eying those few candy gum-drop men. It is through Will Power alone that he can outlast a sister if a time for drawing magic was placed. While the affects are there, they are minimal and will require more time to become a strain to Sebastian's abilities.

Constructive Anomaly: Dominant over the water aspect of things when it comes to usage; the ability to manipulate a flame or combust a spark to flame and actually possess it in a palm is quite a feat itself. But what if I were to tell you that a thread of fire may be shot from an open/closed palm in a straight path of no more than 2 feet in diameter with a length of eight feet? Only drawback to this is -- depending on the duration the nerves become numb in the used appendage and is left vulnerable for a while(two-four posts).

Scorch: A burn brought on by the hand, something of a physical touch required. Hands take on a slight apparition appearance as indication of a smoldering slap to come is indicated by the wavering heat being produced from either hand.

History:

Sebastian Matheson is the son of Arthur Matheson, a supposed legend in arms. A man who once was fighting in a war that seems to be everlasting, but is now tied to the realms of a belligerent Lord as a belittled serf and soldier. Arthur works hard for his keep and to ensure the welfare of his kids. Yes. Sebastian wasn't a lonely child. Damn it. He had a twin sister, Savannah Matheson.

Thanks to the old man, Sebastian, alongside Savannah, was placed in schooling. Though it was more like a roundhouse kick to the face. What with all the biased remarks and unmarked questions yet to be answered.

Naturally, being twins and brother and sister, there was the rivalry and detest for one another. Savannah excelled in swordsmanship and she knew it. Oh, she fucking knew it. And the only reason Sebastian continued pursuit to outdo Savannah, save for the fact that it was required by the Lord, was out of spite. For it'd be a glorious day when victory was met. Until then, Sebastian would have to deal with the 1/5 ratio of winning.

Personally, Sebastian couldn't understand why she acted the way she did. Seriously! Like, she hates men! What is up with that?! Who doesn't like a good throbbing ... It was about the time Savannah found her fascination for women that Sebastian found his satiable taste for men. And let me tell you something, those men in Fencing class -- Holy shit.

There was no real purpose or motivation stimulated solely because of Sebastian(unless it was about a man). However, Savannah was the niche to Sebastian and was both purpose and motivation. Sebastian wont admit it because he's a guy, but he'll die for Savannah. That, and it really doesn't need to be rubbed in his face.

Is it so far-fetched to believe that trying to better himself for perhaps some futuristic overruling, that the two twins were caught off guard by some trap that sent them to Althanas for the Tournament? Luck would happen that the day Sebastian might have won against Savannah in a spar that Fate would intervene and slap him across the cheek.

Ataraxis
12-17-08, 03:42 PM
Hey there Sebastian, welcome to Althanas and the Tournament of Champions!

I'll be taking care of your profile, which really isn't as bad as you seem to think. Confusing at times, yes, but not bad.

Manipulative: Would he be able to fling all the water in a 15 feet radius toward an opponent? Because say he's floating on a large body of water, he'd be able to fling about 191 138 kilograms of water around. If he's going to use this to attack, please limit the maximum mass of what he can manipulate at a time to 100 pounds at most, with the maximum power of a fireman's hose (which can break a weak brick wall, though you won't shoot enough water at once to achieve this effect). If used at full power, Sebastian will become extremely fatigued.

Abstract: - As long as he can't control the blood (or plasma, or urine, or etc.) inside someone's body. Spilled blood, sure.

Awareness: - I'm really not sure what you were trying to say here. I know it's the other half of Savannah's telepathy, but the thing about things becoming clearer is far too vague. I'd be thankful if you could elaborate.

Constructive Anomaly: - Five feet in diameter for an indeterminate range is rather huge: the stream itself could engulf a short asian woman with flames! If you make it so that Sebastian can shoot a stream that's adjustable from a few inches to three feet in diameter at most, then it's fine. Also, the damage decreases over the distance, so anyone taking the fire stream fifteen feet away would probably only get minor burns. I'm also assuming he won't be melting metals with this fire, unless he takes a good deal of time and energy to do so.

I'd also like to know if, like Savannah, Sebastian tires after using his abilities, or if his Will Power makes him far more resistant to physical and mental fatigue. If so, add that in Will Power.

I won't limit any of your abilities in maximal number of uses per battle, but I trust you will write them fairly.

Make those changes, and you'll be approved!

Sebastian
12-17-08, 05:55 PM
I'd also like to know if, like Savannah, Sebastian tires after using his abilities, or if his Will Power makes him far more resistant to physical and mental fatigue. If so, add that in Will Power.

Yeah. Will Power is what helps protect Sebastian from wear-n-tare, but I'll go ahead and add that in. Like, it was just added. =P

I won't limit any of your abilities in maximal number of uses per battle, but I trust you will write them fairly.

I probably wont use them that often, anyways. But yes, fairly. o_o

Everyone's going down in sets of two thanks to the homosexual twins! >=]

Edit: I saw your revisions to my abilities. I'll get back to those later.

Ataraxis
12-17-08, 06:06 PM
Alright, so post here again when you're done editing them.

Sebastian
12-17-08, 06:13 PM
Manipulative: Would he be able to fling all the water in a 15 feet radius toward an opponent? Because say he's floating on a large body of water, he'd be able to fling about 191 138 kilograms of water around. If he's going to use this to attack, please limit the maximum mass of what he can manipulate at a time to 100 pounds at most, with the maximum power of a fireman's hose (which can break a weak brick wall, though you won't shoot enough water at once to achieve this effect). If used at full power, Sebastian will become extremely fatigued.

No. Not all the water, nor the water presented in a persons body. I'm keeping this very minimal, since, you know, latent abilities. Meaning, they wont be massive. Hell, I wasn't even thinking with much force. Perhaps like getting punched in the face repeatedly, but nothing compared to a fireman's hose. I detest the use of magic and only have these as backups because I know everyone is going to pull some crazy shit.

Awareness: - I'm really not sure what you were trying to say here. I know it's the other half of Savannah's telepathy, but the thing about things becoming clearer is far too vague. I'd be thankful if you could elaborate.

We all know we can tell how someone else is doing by either the way they act, talk, or the facial expressions they make. Awareness goes so far as to clearly show how one is truly feeling at that particular time by revealing each emotion as an "Aura", that only Sebastian can see. Red is anger, blue is calm, etcetera. That's where "Open his eyes and he would see" comes into play.

Constructive Anomaly: - Five feet in diameter for an indeterminate range is rather huge: the stream itself could engulf a short asian woman with flames!

What? You don't like dark meat? =( Seriously though, the distance wouldn't be far. Hell, probably not even aimed at the opponent(s), but if I went into detail, then I'd give away vital tactics. Aside from that, I can dumb it down to 2 feet diameter at max with eight feet reach. Of course, that's only if it's fine with you.

Also, the damage decreases over the distance, so anyone taking the fire stream fifteen feet away would probably only get minor burns. I'm also assuming he won't be melting metals with this fire, unless he takes a good deal of time and energy to do so.

Minor burns are still a nuisance and a distraction to everything else going on. And, I'm sure they'll get more than just a burn. ^_- And no, not metals.

Hope this is dandy. XD

Ataraxis
12-17-08, 06:36 PM
As Savannah, you seem fine with editing in my suggestions after making them even weaker! That's actually perfectly fine, and quite commendable as well. I just figured 3 feet diameter and 15 feet range would be more helpful in most situations without being overpowered, but if that's your decision, then so be it!

I'd prefer it if you could edit in the changes into your original post, to make it easier for both you and your opponents (if they want to get a general idea of your character before the fight or if you want to remember the specific changes, for example - not as a constant reference guide, since the judges won't be relying on profiles except to see if certain abilities were powergamed or not).

So yeah, edit those slight changes, details and precisions into your first post and you're good too go!

Sebastian
12-18-08, 04:06 AM
Hope copying and pasting isn't against any rule here. >_>

Ataraxis
12-18-08, 11:51 AM
Haha, it isn't! It's prettier not to copy-paste, but that won't keep you from approval.

You are hereby approved!