PDA

View Full Version : Xero Hexus

Xero Hexus
12-18-08, 08:02 PM
Name: Xero "Reign" Hexus
Race: Xayios(Hybrid) [Race created by myself.] Light and Dark magic, As well as the power over souls comes natural to the Xayios race. Their bodies were built to withstand mach speeds around two. Their strength is also a natural thing.
Sex: Male
Height: 6'0
Weight: 176lbs
Hair Color: Jet Black
Eye Color: Hazy Grey
Personality: Silent most of the time, the type to engage in combat at any given time for no apparent reason.
Appearance: Xero usualy wears a black vest that fits comfortably to his body, being very light which would allow him the movement that he would have without it on. On the sides of the vest, three gray stripes run from the front to the backside of it, on both sides. On his lower body he bares pitch black shinobi pants, also with three grey stripes on the sides of them. On his feet he wears the traditional ninja tabi, once again black with three small grey stripes. On his back, The ancient scriptures from his planet, Xayios are tattooed in. The scriptures speak of the God's of Xayios, and it's creation. Everyone from Xero's family bore the same scriptures on their backs, a family tradition. Wrapped around his wrists lay three golden bonds, each etched with more Xayios writing, though what this particular writing said was unknown even to Xero himself. Under his right eye, rests a scar from his earlier days that ceased to vanish.
Eyes: Shadow Eyes: This is something that is always active, this allows Xero a third "vision" allowing him to track others not by his sight but by their aura or power they give off, most give off a light or dark aura but there are those who give off different colors such as red for fire, etc. This power allows him to tell the difference between a clone/illusion from the real being since every one has a life force aura that is specific to them and not a clone or illusion can have it. Shadow Eyes also have stages up to four. (Don't know if stage four would be allowed for a level five character.)
Stage one: The eyes themselves become nothing but shadows, they give off a dark black glow with no definiate shape, the eyes glow with a reddish tint. Within this level the Shadows can be used as an aura, acting as a shield to protect Xero, but this of course is only within what Xero can see and can't protect him from what he doesn't. The activation of the "life/aura lock" is also possible within the first stage. (Meaning he is able to lock onto one's aura, or life signature.)
Stage two: In this stage the Shadow eyes now take on a more solid form, no longer leeking out the eyes the Shadows stay within, giving off a red tint. Within this level Shadow weapons are possible, as the second level the aura can allow minor transformations as well, thus making Xero stronger as well. Within the second stage the Shadows can be used as their "elemental" forms. (Ex. Shadow Wind.)
Stage three: Within the third stage is where the Shadow eyes now form into a total pitch black eye, the pupil not visible anymore, replaced by a red haze. The hair and body starts to form black streaks along Xero's body. In stage three much more powerful transformations are possible, as well as stronger summons. (Ex. Bikou Doragon- Transformation. Shadow Dragons- Summon)
Weapons: Shadow Staff: Formed from the shadows themselves, this is Xero's main weapon usually. This staff can be any height, depending on the situation, or whatever Xero desires it to be. Attached through a small hole atop the Shadow Staff, lay two golden rings. Each of the rings are tinted slightly to give them a darker look rather than being bright. Both rings also have markings on them, one of them reading "Xayios", and the other "Power". For the most part, the staff is pitch black, though at times white can be seen zooming across the middle of the staff in a straight line around it. Said to be somesort of energy. Shadic Dagger: Hidden inside Xero's staff, this dagger only appears when Xero commands it too, most likely in close combat situations. This dagger is about six inches long, and a little less than an inch wide. Instead of being made from metal or anything of that nature, The dagger is made from complete Shadows from the Staff. These weapons aren't carried on him or made from any sort of metal. They are made completely from Shadows and Energy. To obtain the weapons, a Shadow Portal comes into play.

Shadow Wind: Through the manipulation of his Shadows he is able to create a "wind" like feature to it. Around his body like a banner, the Shadow wind whips off, into the normal air before it. Unlike normal wind the pressure of Shadow wind is much greater, capturing his foe within this small sphere or even within a lick of wave would cause a great amount of pressure within. Each square inch of the Shadow wind possessed this pressure, yet the Xero's body was unaffected becuase right at the aura touched the body it began to give off the same force from the other side, saving him from this crushing force.

Shadow Dragons: Summoned from Xero's own shadows. The twin dragons attack on command, or without. Both of the dragons are around fourteen feet tall when on their hindlegs, rather small compared to other dragons. Most of their attacks are flame based but they have one wind attack that is usually used to amplify the others flame based attacks. (Ex. Infernus Scatter, Flame Burst, Savage Wind.) They are known to continuously attack their foe until he/she is defeated. In battle they last about three minutes. (Equivalent to about two posts.) unless destroyed before then. Ruthless like Xero himself, they care for nothing other that Xero's command. They tend to attack together, rarely without the other.

Paladin Power: Being the Paladin that he is, Xero is able to use both Light and Dark elements/magic in battle at will. This comes as second nature to him, for his kind were sort of born with it. Along with the Light and Dark elements/magic, Xero is able to use any souls residing within the area. By manipulating the soul, Xero is able to use it as a weapon or a sheild. His power over souls doesn't heal though. Manipulating a soul though takes a short while even for an advanced Paladin like Xero himself. It usually takes somewhere from around a minute to four minutes, which would leave his opponet time to attack. This also allows him to see one's true soul, which would render clones pretty much useless.

Bikou Doragon: During this stage, Xero's body embraces his dragon side, morphing it'self into a Dragonic state. (Being a Hybrid he still stands on two feet, just with wings, talons, claws, etc.) His body takes on the form of an aura, completely black with a reddish outline around his Dragonic frame. In this state, he tends to become more violent and eager for death. He can control himself though, and still has his reason. His speed is enhaced x2, His strength is enhanced the same. The shadow eyes remain at their current state, not gaining any boost from the transformation whatsoever.

Bio: Xero was born on a planet in another galaxy, one called Xayios. The planet of Xayios is a vast one, with many crystal lakes and wide open fields that children constantly thrive in. Though most kids were out and about playing at a young age, Xero was not. Unlike the other kids, Xero had not known his parents. After his birth, he was abandoned, left for dead near a lake. He soon was discovered and taken in by the Village Elder, Luxian. She was the main one who took care of Xero during his younger years. She nurtured and fed him until he was around eight in human years. Also unlike the other children, Xero was part Dragon, meaning one of his parents must have had DNA that of a Dragon. But, he was a hybrid, meaning he could turn his Dragonic side off and on when he chose, never really having a problem, As he came of age and got older, he soon left the planet and that entire galaxy. During the time he roamed the galaxy, a great and disastrous fire struck Xayios, mainly the village he had came from. No one was said to have lived. Xero had no clue of the fire of course, for he was gone at the time. Xero was able to travel safely to the planet called Earth, thanks to his Dragon Half, and since he was sort of like an alien, space didn't bother him. Upon landing on Earth, he began to scout out the world of strong fighters. He soon got his wish. Not long after he had landed, he came across a training ground for warriors. He slipped into the grounds at night, and stood in the middle of them. He then began to create loud noises in an attempt to awaken the warriors of the grounds. They soon awoke and came darting outside to were Xero was. The first warrior he spotted, Xero instantly kicked up a piece of wood that had been broken in half by earlier methods that day, and chucked it towards the warriors head. The warrior was hit and was instantly killed. After that, the entire training ground erupted with roars of young men. As they all bumrushed Xero, he remained still, not moving a muscle until the first few came upon him. This was when Xero came across his power as a Paladin. While the men all threw punches at Xero, he spotted something floating nearby. It was a soul, the soul of the man he had first killed. Xero had never seen such a thing before, and wondered why he could now, but this was no place to think about that.

Swiftly, he called the soul to him using an single hand motion. As the soul came to him, he morphed it's configuration to resemble that of a staff, one with sharp ends. This all took less than a second or two, which was more than what Xero actually needed. Before the first punch had come close to hitting him, He had already formed the Soul-like staff into his hand. Acting fast he stuck the tip of the staff out first, thereby impaling the first guy with the sharp end. Upon this, he then swung his body around in a circle using his alienated strength. The body on the staff, combined witht he spinning manuver Xero had began to use, would quickly start to knock back the other members of the camp. Some died by hitting rock or flying through a glass window, while others died by falling into the firey stands that held the fire to provide light at night-time. After this, the remaining warriors stood in place, contemplating on wether to attack or not. Making the decision for them, Xero lunged forwards towards the nearest man. He brought the staff's end down towards the man's legs, slicing them clean from his body. Not looking back, he continued this manuver over and over again to contiuously wipe out wave after wave of men. Some figured they would try to attack in groups of three or larger, each having a dagger or somesort of weapon. Xero quickly put that idea to shame buy merely swinging the staff horizontally all the way around again, chopping up more and more warriors before they even had a chance to engage in combat with him.

After about thirty minutes of fighting non-stop, Xero had cleaned out the entire camp. He took in deep breaths as he looked over his surroundings. Blood lay everywhere, in every nook and cranny of stone, on the windows, and even in the fires. He then dispersed the soul-made staff into nothing but thin air. Summoning a bit of his Dragon Powers, Xero would conjure up flames in both hands. Then, he launched the flames to the area that surrounded him, setting the grounds ablaze. Xero smirked to himself as the flames raged on in the night, destroying the grounds by the second. Glancing around him, he also watched as the bodies that lay slain morphed into nothing but ash on the cold stone underneath his feet. Over ten minutes passed, an Xero had not moved. The huts and most of the stone structure had been reduced to black rubble. Taking one last look at the place, Xero would turn his back on the dying flames in the area, leaving the training grounds. Ever since that day, Xero has been a changed man. Though still silent as ever, he remains cold-hearted and ruthless, having no mercy for anyone or anything. Some might say that the battle that day changed Xero for the worst. Whereas Xero believes it made him much stronger.

( I do so hope that I have made the correct edits to my profile above, If not, point out what needs to be changed, and I shall do so. )

Ataraxis
12-18-08, 11:18 PM
Hey there Xero, welcome to Althanas and the ToC!

I've got a lot of questions about this character, though. First off, you describe his powers in a rather vague way, meaning I don't have a lot to work with. My general impression, though, is that he's far, far too powerful. I might be wrong, but again, the powers were rather vague. I know the Character Approval guide said to leave things open-ended, but not in a 'he uses shadows in various manners' kinda way.

Right now, I feel that it would be extremely complicated to modify these abilities, due to their vagueness and formatting. I suggest this:

Shadow Eyes -

Stage 1: Can do this.
Stage 2: Can do that.
Stage 3: Can do this and that.

Shadows - I'm guessing you mean that you can imbue the shadows with the properties of fire, water, air and earth? Whatever the case, this might be cause for concern, as I can see a lot of potential for powergaming with this ability. Please, elaborate.

Shadow Dragons - See, you didn't tell how big these dragons are, what kind of attacks they can perform, or how long they can be used in a battle before poofing out of existence.

Paladin Power - Does this mean he'd be able to heal, to smite, to create auras that deal damage, that protect? Again, open-ended doesn't mean vague. Open-ended allows liberty with the use of an ability. Say some can create a ball of fire the size of bowling ball. He can throw it around, use it as a source of light, juggle with it or become a firedancer. That's open-ended: it prevents people from creating spells like in D&D, which most of the time can all be achieved through the same specific spell.

Bikou Doragon: I'd like to know how faster and how stronger he gets. 2x? 3x? Moreover, does it stack with the strength boost provided by one of the Shadow Eye stages? Just so you know, I'd rather it didn't.

In any case, post in here again once you've clarified the things I mentioned. And if you're not sure how to proceed, look around at the other profiles (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=236)that were already approved! Thankfully, there's one other Shadow User like you, so check him out (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17770) to see what kind of power level is acceptable.

Xero Hexus
12-19-08, 02:36 PM
I do so hope that I have made the correct edits to my profile above, If not, point out what needs to be changed, and I shall do so.

Ataraxis
12-20-08, 01:50 AM
Alright, sorry for the wait!

It's much better now. Before, I didn't understand that he needed to reach a stage of Shadow Eyes to cast certain spells.

Here are the last changes to make:

Shadow Winds - It can't be 2 tons per square inch. That would pretty much crush everyone. An analogy: each individual square inch of your body getting hit by Quinton Jackson's strongest punch, twice and simultaneously. You're pulp within a second. Even the pure fighters in this competition couldn't take it without being severely incapacitated. If someone does get captured by these winds, just say that they cause great crushing damage as a ballpark figure, then leave the exact amount of inflicted damage to your opponent.

Shadow Dragons - 4 minutes is far too long. See this profile (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17738): he can summon one creature, and it lasts up to five posts in combat. I'd like it if your two dragons could only last for two of your own posts, or four posts if you summon only one of them. It's slightly shorter than Caduceus' time limit, but that's because I consider your shadow dragons more dangerous than his summoned elemental, overall.

I also trust you will not use the shapeshifting of your Shadowstaff by making it into some sort of ten ton hammer that craters what it hits. Basically, be reasonable with your abilities, and all will be fine!

After that, nothing will stand in the way of your approval!

Xero Hexus
12-20-08, 01:03 PM
The necessary changes have been made, Hopefully this time it's right.

Ataraxis
12-20-08, 01:23 PM
Yes, it's just right. I apologize for the lengthy process, but you are now ready to go!

You are hereby approved!