PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the Pheonix (noodleguy)

ryuhasigawa
12-19-08, 05:59 PM
Quite an interesting smell.

The boy that walked down the dirt road moved a hand along his brow, wiping away the sweat that was beading under his wet, black hair. The sun beat down on him mercilessly as he walked, pulling the burdened donkey along behind him by a harness. The mule could almost see that water that ran down the middle of the spice feild, watering the precious herbs that grew there, the smells of each herb mixing in the air creating the burning smell the man was admiring.

Thyme, Rosemary, and... is that Shilajit? The man wondered, not quite remembering one of the herbs he was so used to being around. It was strange, being so familiar to such plants yet still not being able to remember what one of their names was! The man's boots kicked up dirt as he trudged forward. The man closed his green eyes in an attempt to take his mind off the long journey he had barely started, trying to forget the hot sun he was so ruthlessly being burned by, trying to forget that the 'Goddess' of the land, so these tribesmen would say, had denied him any comfort from the fact that his parents, loyal supporters to her cause and nobels of great stature, had died a grusome death at the hands of a Plauge. The man sighed and his head drooped to the ground. Here he was, living in the capital of herbs and potions and yet not one of them could save his parents from their death.

I'm such a baby... The man thought to himself, that was years ago.. I can't believe I'm still going on about that... death is a natural thing. They taught that to me... The man's attempt to persuade himself of the naturality of this phenomina... however... the logic didn't fit. There was something missing. None of the docters that had come to examine the patients had no idea what this virus was. All they could do was wait for something to happen. And happen it did. An eighth of the household survived. No one knew how they survived... all they knew was that the 'Goddess' had protected them.

"If the Goddess had protected them, they wouldn't be dead..." The man whispered to himself in a sudden rage, his pace picking up and the donkey's rope growing taunt as the man literally attempted to drag the donkey along with him. However, the donkey was much too heavy for him to drag along and merely stopped in its tracks as if to make fun of his feeble efforts.

"Wha--?" Was the abrupt responce that cut the silence as he nearly tipped over backwards towards the mule. "You lousy no good..." The man grumbled as he grabbed the harness with both hands. "Come on! Move you fat lazy ass!" The man grunted as he pulled the beast with all his might, and the beast pulled back in a tug-of-war with the man. In the end, the man was leaning against his bag the donkey was carrying. It was rather big and was full of all of his worldly possessions. His books, scrolls, food, tent... everything was in there!

"You know..." The man turned to the donkey. "You're luckey I need you too much or I'd show you a thing or two about disrespecting me you dumb animal!"

The donkey just looked innocently back with a big black eye and plodded the ground with a hoof.