PDA

View Full Version : Alecia Crawford

Alecia Crawford
12-20-08, 10:16 PM
Name: Alecia Crawford
Race: Caucasion/ High Demon
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Green (the shade of a blind person's when using her Eyesight skill).
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 120 lbs.
Occupation: Savior of the d**ned - In my story 'The Awakening' (http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2325333/1/The_Awakening), this title means much more than what I will allow it to mean for Rping purposes. Basically, she poses as a god and protector to those of Darkness, specifically supernatural creatures - Vampires, Werewolves, Corpse Eaters, Soul Eaters, and Zombies. She will still be the Savior while I Rp, but without her ultimate powers. I'll leave her the way she is when still in training.
Personality: Alecia is very self conscious and quiet, for the most part. Though she can take charge in situations where she feels she needs to, she'd rather stay silent in the background in the hopes to disappear. She's very talkative once started, and loves to listen and learn new things. She has the tendency to put her life on the line to help others and make sure things work out for the better. She's also not concerned with power, though she dutifully collects it because she knows it is a must. She comes across as bland and completely to herself when people first meet her.
Weapons:

The Staff of Darkness - A cane passed down to her from Ginger, the legendary second savior. The Staff is able to do a number of the things that I will explain below and is what she frequently uses in battle:

~Harness Dark Energy: Alecia's powers revolves around how much Darkness she can get a hold of. Without Darkness, her skills are reduced to basic combat, something she's never been proud of. With her staff, she is able to harness small bits of Darkness surrounding her (only very small bits though) and use it to further enhance her powers. Just as well as there is always Light, there is always Darkness as well.

~Summon Demons: She can only summon very weak demons and only for a limited amount of time. She can summon no more than three at once (if they are low, creature like types that can only physically attack) or no more than one (if they are more powerful and able to shoot out one spurt of power).

~Weaponry: She is able to use the other side of her pole as a weapon as well. There's a spear hidden on the inside that she can stick out, but she seldom uses it unless she is in a situation where there is no use for her magic. The pole/ spear is nothing more than weaponry. There's no magical skill hidden with it.

~Basic Dark Spells: She is at a level where she can only do three spells, and not all back to back either. They are more like specials that calls for a high amount of aquired Darkness. (1) Call of the Hands: For this to work, she slams her pole into the ground with a hard impact and focuses on calling multiple, large hands from Hell up to attack. However, she has no control over these hands and what they do to the character if the character is captured. The hands can do two of which things: If the character doesn't fight out of it if they are grasped, it takes away bits of their energy for as long as they hold it. This energy gets transferred to my main character. If they don't fight back, their character gets sent to Hell. They grope at anything they can get thier hands on and disappear once they have grabbed something (not necessarily a person. They grab and take anything). About 10 shoot out at once. (2) Spiral of Darkness: This attack is a large spurt of energy that shoots in the one direction she aims it at. Though it causes a lot of damage once it gets it's target, it's not all that hard to dodge. (3) Dark Shield: Her dark shield is a very powerful shield that can deflect and all attacks, except large spurts of Light, for a matter of time. It lasts no more than two posts or until it's been hit three times by a powerful attack of some sort. The character is able to use the shield more sparingly if it wasn't penetrated and instead taken off by her in a short amount of time, though she won't use it repetetively anyway. She usually only uses it when she is extremely weak and in need of time to regenerate and/or come up with a plan.
Armor: She wears no physical armor, except a magical casement around her heart and Mind Realm. These casements can not be seen. They are, quite literal, shielding her heart and brain. The magical casements makes it harder for someone with powers of Light or Illusions to mess her up. The casements are powerful, but they can be broken off if attacked hard enough for a long amount of time.
Other Equipment:

~Demon Container: Whenever she defeats a demon of high status or clears a place with lots of demonic energy, she stores it in nearly impenetrable 'demon containers' to use for emergencies and to keep the demon or place from regenerating.
Skills/Abilities:
~Intuition: Though she is not able to see danger far in the future, sometimes she is able to see events - mostly death - that is soon to occur. However, this power is hardly worth mentioning. She is yet to learn how to use this power to her advantage. It comes randomly and at the most unopportune moments.

~Basic Combat: If she runs out of power, she is able to fight with basic combat. However, she is best at dodging and far combat. Otherwise, she is an easy target when it comes to fighting with a far advanced swordsman.

~Eyesight: She can use her eyes to her advantage in combat, but with the knowledge that if she over uses her power for combat she may go blind. She can slow down actions in her brain to make it easier for her to attack, she can see moves seconds before they happen, and she can see people's aura's (Black Dust for Darkness, Bright White for Light, Purple/Blue for general magic, mostly with objects, and Grey for things powerless).

~Darkness Within: She SELDOM ever fights with the Darkness within for fear she may become too corrupt, but, when she is in a serious fight, she unlocks the demon within herself by harnessing the Dark Energy around her and using it physically. It makes her five times faster, five times stronger, and less merciless. However, using this power leaves her stunned and powerless for days on end.
Familiars: Usually she travels with her mentor Isaiah, but, because he is a lot more powerful than her, I won't feature him. Familiars should be no more powerful than the main character, I assume.
History:

Alecia Crawford lived the majority of her life in a small suburb with the impression that she was nothing more than a normal human. She faced a lot of problems growing up, the biggest with her memory being tainted (erased) by her older brother Samuel in hopes that he could make her forget who she really was (this occured when she was 12). After nearly being killed by her brother in his abrupt frenzy to 'get rid of the demon inside of him,' Alecia ran away from home. She ended up meeting Americus "Speed" Linen, who soon forced her into prostitution and started her addiction on drugs. Finally, after a year of putting up with him, she turned herself in to rehab to start over. (This explains why her personality went from bold and crazy to quiet and bland. Too many antidepressents actually).

Upon returning back home months later, Alecia became obsessed with 'Shadow Grove' (A deserted old park that she likes to call "Peculiar Amazement Avenue) and a guy who she always saw sitting on a bench in the playground, all alone. He was Levistradimus "Silver" Haze, a missing part in her memory. Than she met his werewolf half-brother Augustine in in-school suspension one day and her life made a complete change.

From then on she traveled to various places and met various people that helped to change her mind about who/what she really was. Her human life soon became something in the past, definately after her parents were killed by Samuel (Autir Seras), and The Awakening, the war between supernatural creatures and humans to decide who earth belonged to, became her biggest concern.

for more info on Alecia and her journey, you can always check out the story: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2325333/1/The_Awakening

Ataraxis
12-20-08, 11:08 PM
Hello Alecia, and welcome to Althanas and the ToC!

You've got a nice character here, which I thought was underpowered until I saw the Darkness Within ability. Granted, you say she rarely ever uses it, so unless you only meant that figuratively and actually intend to have her use it in pretty much every fight, then x5 sounds quite fair.

I'd like to know, generally, what happens if a Hand catches someone in the Call of Hands spell. I know she doesn't exactly know what will happen, but she should generally know what kind of effects they have. I mean, they probably don,t case whatever they touch to suddenly combust, or turn into little pink fairies with beer guts. If they can steal some life force, or inflict wounds, or enfeeble the opponents, those are effects you should list.

I'm also willing to give you a third spell for her to use, probably a defensive one, if you want.

In any case, make the changes and you'll be good to go!

Alecia Crawford
12-20-08, 11:20 PM
Thanks! I was going for underpowered because I wasn't sure what a level 5 was supposed to be like. Luckily, there's not much more I have to charnge around to get approved.

Okay. So when you say x5 for Darkness Within ability, do you mean that I get to use the attack at least five times throughout the whole or tournament or what?

The hands can do two of which things: If the character doesn't fight out of it if they are grasped, it takes away bits of their energy for as long as they hold it. If they don't fight back, their character gets sent to Hell. Sound good?

I'm surprised I didn't mention the defensive spell myself. How about something temporary, a dark shield of some sort, that deflects basically all power for a matter of time except large spurts of Light?

Ataraxis
12-20-08, 11:58 PM
~Darkness Within: She SELDOM ever fights with the Darkness within for fear she may become too corrupt, but, when she is in a serious fight, she unlocks the demon within herself by harnessing the Dark Energy around her and using it physically. It makes her , five times faster, five times stronger, and less merciless. However, using this power leaves her stunned and powerless for days on end.

Actually, I meant that Darkness Within is just fine, as long as you actually use it sparingly (so you'd technically only be able to use it once per battle, but I'm expecting that you won't even go that far). If you do intended to use it in every battle, though, I'll have to reduce it to 4x the strength and speed of an average human.

The Hands spell sounds good that way.

And the shield spell sounds good too! Say that it can't last more than 2 posts, or until it's hit more than 3 times (whichever happens first).

Edit those changes into your first post, and you're good to go!

Alecia Crawford
12-21-08, 10:34 AM
I have edited in the changes.

Ataraxis
12-21-08, 06:05 PM
Thank you for your cooperation!

You are hereby approved!