PDA

View Full Version : Althanas Invitational Podcast #1!!!

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-11-09, 10:42 PM
Avast!

Christoph and I took it upon ourselves to be the podcast crew for the tournament.

In the first episode, we cover the variety of side events being held (and express our opinions on the level of activity contained therein), run down the first round match-ups for the tournament, and point out battles that we'll be keeping a look out for!

And for free, I'll add the fact that all of our mess ups are included for your ridicule/enjoyment!

Unfortunately, I can only offer the podcast in .wma format, since my sound editing software was acting up on me.

Click here to download the podcast! (http://www.4shared.com/file/80191875/cdd77c81/ToC_Podcast_1.htm)

Arsène
01-11-09, 11:07 PM
BlackandBlueEyes has an incredible speaking voice.

Christoph's sucks.

Saxon
01-11-09, 11:07 PM
You should be a radio jock, Black. You've got the voice.

More artifact entries? More details on this, guys. Some of us thought it was over.

Side-events.. yeah yeah.

I feel bad that you guys finished this before seeing that I posted. Bastards. ;)

Thanks for the bump, though, guys. And do more of these, it'd even be cool to see these before, in the middle of, and at the end of a round.

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-11-09, 11:13 PM
BlackandBlueEyes has an incredible speaking voice.

Christoph's sucks.

Thank you.

And its for that very reason that I delegate all the comedic relief roles in the radio dramas I write to Chris. He pulls them off quite nicely.

You should be a radio jock, Black. You've got the voice.

I'm already working on that, actually.

I'm also heavily considering "halftime" podcasts when it gets closer towards each round's deadline, but long before the judgings roll in. Due to the fact that Chris lives a freakin' 2+ hours away from me, those might be solo.

Alias
01-11-09, 11:15 PM
Haha, "tentacle night at the local anime shop"

Christoph
01-11-09, 11:15 PM
Christoph's sucks.

Yeeeah... >.> I used to be better back when I did theatre and shit. I'm not sure what happened, but I think it involved a knife fight and a bottle of ammonia.

Oh, and we managed to forget RPGForumsOnline and Writers Haven in this podcast. Sorry about that.

Shadowed
01-11-09, 11:20 PM
You want participation in the side events? I bet that I can write two posts in two hours.

Saxon
01-11-09, 11:42 PM
Seriously. More information on the artifact side event. I had something ready and raring to go but missed the deadline.

Jericho
01-11-09, 11:48 PM
Also, might a Mac friendly format be in the works? I'm anxious to listen in!

Shadowed
01-12-09, 01:15 AM
Two posts in the Side Events, roughly two thousand words combined, with five minutes to spare. There's some activity for you.

Alias
01-12-09, 01:39 AM
I went a wrote a ballad (ish type thing) for ya Blue Eyes, take a gander. Since no one to whom fate points are worth anything seems to be participating in it, I figured to try my hand instead.

Kupo!
01-12-09, 04:46 AM
WOOO! 3rd best team name, either very closly to second, or a distant third. Depends on who is discriminating I guess...

ALL A JOKE, ALL A JOKE.

But I must say, the "team to beat" bracket B huh? jebus that's a mountain to climb. Good thing I brought my hiking. boots. Slayer team +1, if you read this, I hope that our battle will be fought like childish hooligans, and if not, well...hell it will be fun.

Christoph
01-12-09, 08:51 AM
Also, might a Mac friendly format be in the works? I'm anxious to listen in!

Hmm. I can play WMA files on my Mac at home. Either way, I think Andy will be getting it into MP3 format once he figures out what's wrong with his sound program.

Jericho
01-12-09, 11:22 AM
Mrah? Do you remember what program you used?

Nieve.Roja
01-12-09, 01:04 PM
Well, I just downloaded it, and all I can say is "Proper good job, mates!" ^^

I'm kinda speaking for both of us in Destined Intervention here (actually, not really, don't know if SoulBeaver got this xD), but should we actually execute half the things we're talking about, it could turn out quite hilarious. I do believe we can do better than in our trial, though.

Anyway, when can we expect moar? I was kinda sad when this one ended, so yeah. You guys got me addicted.

Isis Ixidar
01-12-09, 03:34 PM
We're actually from Anime League.

Christoph
01-12-09, 06:05 PM
We'll probably be putting up mini podcasts every now and then, and then we'll do another full one after round one ends (but before the results are in).

Slayer of the Rot
01-12-09, 07:50 PM
But I must say, the "team to beat" bracket B huh? jebus that's a mountain to climb. Good thing I brought my hiking. boots. Slayer team +1, if you read this, I hope that our battle will be fought like childish hooligans, and if not, well...hell it will be fun.

I'm going to eat you. Two bites.

+10 to ego, by the way.

TwinDeath
01-15-09, 12:42 AM
A late weigh in:

"Tvier Valka Seula" is a mixture of both Norse and Old High German. The meaning of the phrase is "Two Wandering Souls", and it was chosen by both members of the team. The final pronunciation was correct. Oh, and if you're going to complain about things not being in English, it's bad form to promptly nail every single Japanese word or phrase.

Otherwise, one heck of a job! Blue Eyes, people are right in their comments. I work in the local radio station and there's jocks with voices so much worse than yours. Well done to the both of you.

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-15-09, 07:47 AM
In my defense, I usually don't go around conversing in Norse and Old High German, but I'll note the correct pronunciation for next time.

Also, thank you all for your wonderful comments and suggestions, Chris and I will take them under consideration for the next podcast.

Oh, and those of you who were looking for an MP3 version of the podcast, here it is! (http://www.4shared.com/file/80759283/78a6665e/ToC_Podcast_1.html)

My audio editing program was being a bitch and saying that "my free trial period was up" and that I have to buy and MP3 encoder to do it. So I said screw that and downloaded a file converter.

Lightfoot
02-07-09, 05:39 PM
It's always weird to hear someone's voice that you converse with over the internet. Big surprise in regards to both Black and Chris. Also, can you still compete in the side events just for fun? I mean, I would have loved to have participated in the tournament but my partner bailed on me, so I lost interest, but I'd still like to have fun in the Side Events area.

Anyways, awesome podcast. Keep 'em coming broheim. Also, I've always wanted to at least try out a podcast type thing so if you need anymore voices or anything, don't be afraid to send me a pm.

Scriptwriter667
02-07-09, 06:07 PM
This podcast is awesome. Black, you really should be a radio spokesman. Chris, you need a small bit of work on your tone, but honestly awesome podcast. We should definitely do a live show for this. like video cameras and all. maybe get a video channel on here. and honestly... post results through podcast would really put people at their seats.

Remember that they, as in all of us, are still out there.

BTW.... WTF and Where The Fuck is Bracket B's annoucement? You just like forgot all about us. =(

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-07-09, 10:30 PM
Heads up, everyone! The Althanas Invitational Podcast Round 2 will be up on the 19th or the 20th!

Chris and I had a hell of a time comparing schedules, and Wednesday the 18th is the earliest we can record it and still have all the information we'd like to report on. Battle results, brackets, the latest side event happenings and harpings, and what have you.

We're still looking for more suggestions for the next show, so go ahead and leave them here!

Scriptwriter667
02-08-09, 02:42 PM
Finally the news will be out! Since youve figured that out, how can we get our matches started that soon when we dont even know who we are even facing. I mean several judges are not on mostly and some teams will be getting anxious on if they survived the first round.

Izvilvin
02-08-09, 02:46 PM
Talk about pizzas.

Lightfoot
02-08-09, 03:40 PM
....and hot strippers. Pizzas and hot strippers....yeah, that'd be sweet.

Christoph
02-09-09, 11:31 AM
Finally the news will be out! Since youve figured that out, how can we get our matches started that soon when we dont even know who we are even facing. I mean several judges are not on mostly and some teams will be getting anxious on if they survived the first round.

The battles are being judged presently, so don't fret. The results for Bracket A will be announced shortly, followed by Bracket B a few days after that.

And the people have spoken. Strippers and pizza it is! Maybe strippers made of pizza... or better yet, pizza made of strippers.

Lightfoot
02-09-09, 11:35 AM
And the people have spoken. Strippers and pizza it is! Maybe strippers made of pizza... or better yet, pizza made of strippers.

XD Wow...honestly didn't see that coming....

Way to get me to suspicious of you as a serial stripper-pizza maker Chris!

Jericho
02-09-09, 05:54 PM

...who authorized this guy to be a chef, again? The gallows are that way...

;)

Can't wait! The last podcast was a ton of fun.

Isis Ixidar
02-09-09, 07:44 PM
Finally I can have a sexy voice to accompany while I sit at home alone.

Then an unsexy voice to keep me from being distracted by dirty thoughts.

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-09-09, 08:15 PM
Rawr, baby.

Unless you're a guy who RP's a chick, like me.

Then that rawr can come from Chris instead.

Kristopher
02-09-09, 08:42 PM
Lmao.. Podcast cracked me up. ._. And a few friends of mine too.. Who had no idea what you guys were talkin' about.

Oh oh, and it is X-I-X.. Just so ya know. o.o

Shadowed
02-09-09, 08:54 PM
I should probably say this now. If you try to pronounce my character's name, you'll probably fuck it up. So to spare you that grief, here's the pronunciation:

Honuse Relaiyent - Ohn-Yiss Rehl-ay-yent.

Christoph
02-09-09, 10:37 PM
Rawr, baby.

Unless you're a guy who RP's a chick, like me.

Then that rawr can come from Chris instead.

Hax0r!