PDA

View Full Version : Howdy.

Mavek
01-12-09, 02:34 AM
I've got to say, I'm extremely excited...

Greetings, everyone. My name is Garrett, although I'm sure most of you will end up knowing me as Mavek in the end. I come from a various assortment of other roleplaying forums and, perhaps not-so-surprisingly to all of you, have found my way here listening to the reccomendations of others.

I've read through the FAQ and am trying to wrap my head around all the different systems and the rather large montage of information about this world of pretend you've all created, and so far so good. I've posted my first character into the appropriate forum, and now I'm just waiting for tips, advice, and approval. I'm very excited about getting to write here - to entertain you all with a story of my own and, more than likely, be just as entertained by what tales you have to weave.

I am looking forward to, more than anything, being able to clash creative minds with others and produce the fallout of experience and learning. I love to write, I love to roleplay, and I love to tell stories; but more than all these things I love to learn. I hope you will all be patient, as I'm sure to make a laundry list of mistakes, but in the end you will accept me as a part of this thing you've named Althanas.

Thanks,

Garrett/Mavek

Fotiadis110
01-13-09, 01:16 AM
good morning from the south pacific my friend, though personally i think your taking things a little too seriously based on ^ post... it's about the fun rather than formality <_<

Taskmienster
01-13-09, 11:05 AM
Haha, I knew there was a reason I liked you based on your profile... you can show a lot of yourself through the way you write and what you write. I share a lot of the same interests in learning and storytelling as well. You've definitely come to the correct place for both, lol.

Welcome!

And you can never take anything "too seriously"... It's always good to go into the site taking what you can seriously and budding stories off of what you find. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask away, there are plenty of people that can answer a slew of questions.

The Writing Writer
01-13-09, 02:36 PM
Welcome welcome. As I've said before I dig your profile, very much so. you'll do well here.

Terminus Mortis
01-13-09, 02:48 PM
Good to meet you, Garrett. You can call me Sean, or just TM if it's easier. I can honestly say the best way to figure this place out is just to jump right into the crazy and swim around a bit until someone yells at you. Every time someone yells at you then you'll figure out something new not to do. To be honest I have yet to read your profile, but I think I'll take a look at it now. From the way you're writing now I can say you'll do great here, and I look forward to writing with you.

EDIT: That is an amazing profile. It's not often that I see something so eloquently written and yet still so short. Damn fine job.

AdventWings
01-18-09, 04:35 AM
*ahem*

"AHH, FRESH MEAT!"

*Gnaws on your leg*

Welcome to Althanas! Please stand still for a few moments as I take your measurements. Your custom-tailored straightjacket (courtesy of the Althanas Welcoming Committee, sponsored by the Union of Althanas Bazaar Merchants) will arrive in the mail within a week.

If you have any questions, us Moderators are only a PM away.

:cool: