PDA

View Full Version : So I was wondering...

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-25-09, 09:24 AM
...I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with college classes coming up around here.

Will there be a deadline extension for Round Two to make up for the time we have to spend on our infinitely more important studies? I would think that another week/ten days tacked onto the time limit at the beginning of the next round should be plenty.

Miehm
01-25-09, 09:48 AM
I'd say this damn tournament is taking too long already, no offense to those of you with college to deal with, but I work ten hours a day four days every week, and there is rarely a day when I can't manage to post at least once.

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-25-09, 10:11 AM
You also have to factor in the fact that this is a 2v2 tournament. The three other people you're role-playing with might not be able to find the time like you do.

Take me for example. I have five classes, two of them night ones, stuff to do at the college station, and a 33-hour work week on top of that. I might have time to post in between classes and before work, but that's it. Before school, I'm too busy getting ready. After work, I've got homework to do. And even then, you've got the schedules of two other people to work around. They've got their own priorities. And to wrap it all up, you (hopefully) have to still get everyone to discuss what's going to happen in the next round of posting.

I'm probably one of the extreme examples to point out here, but I'm just saying for the sake of pointing out that not all of us have a lot of time to ourselves.

Miehm
01-25-09, 10:16 AM
You also have to factor in the fact that this is a 2v2 tournament. The three other people you're role-playing with might not be able to find the time like you do.

Take me for example. I have five classes, two of them night ones, stuff to do at the college station, and a 33-hour work week on top of that. I might have time to post in between classes and before work, but that's it. Before school, I'm too busy getting ready. After work, I've got homework to do. And even then, you've got the schedules of two other people to work around. They've got their own priorities. And to wrap it all up, you (hopefully) have to still get everyone to discuss what's going to happen in the next round of posting.

I'm probably one of the extreme examples to point out here, but I'm just saying for the sake of pointing out that not all of us have a lot of time to ourselves.

That is pretty extreme. When, exactly do you find time to eat, or use the bathroom?

BlackAndBlueEyes
01-25-09, 10:20 AM
I eat in my sleep, and my body recycles all waste materials, so I don't have to worry about that minor inconvenience.

Taskmienster
01-25-09, 11:38 AM
Probably not. I got to school full time, work as a tutor now at school, and still have plenty of time to get on to post. I don't see how it should be a factor, unless it had been a round that happened to fall around exams. But these don't so far, and probably won't as long as don't add on extensions to the way it's already set up.

Shadowed
01-25-09, 01:44 PM
I'm also a fulltime college student, and don't have a problem.