PDA

View Full Version : A bad day; a warm brew.

Andhaka Adiir
01-27-09, 04:39 AM
It had been a bad day for Andhaka Adiir, a half human half wind elemental. Her childhood friends, now all grown, had no time or use for her, and seemed rather resentful that she hadn't the responsibility they had.

"It's not my fault I didn't get old and pregnant," she muttered to herself as she sipped on the warm liquid the waitress had brought her several minutes prior. The kind lady had warned her to let the ale cool, as it was served hot. Then she had come back not two minutes later to tell her to drink it while it was still warm. Conflicted lady. Andhaka had her own reasons for waiting, however, and she let it cool completely before beginning to sip the soothing liquid.

She wasn't particularly thirsty since she had been spending most of her time in gaseous form since her father died earlier that day. Oh yes, her father was now dead. She tipped her head back and let the liquid slide down into her stomach. She had never drunk before in all her 49 years, but she noticed that when great tragedy hit, many would hit the bars. Andhaka hadn't known what to do, so she came here. Hyper-active by nature, the brew was pleasantly calming, causing her too sink into her chair...farther and farther until she realized that she was going insubstancial. She pulled herself together again, a little embarrassed, and quickly pulling the shimmering bluish gas of hers that had fallen onto the ground back into herself and solid form. The gas would be invisible, if it did not glitter like it did, and she cursed her shiny form, not for the first time in her life.

She caught sight of herself in a reflective glass across the way. Her dusty brown hair was lifted slightly off of her, long and winding and never quite settling in one place. Her powder blue eyes had a gleam in them that was unnatural in them, as well as a soft redness on the cheeks of her translucently pale skin. Her clothing was odd in comparison to the others around her, minimal at best and of unspeakable fine material. So fine it had no weight at all, in fact. It was made of wind spirit matter, same as her body when she changed, and colored a shimmering blue. The top was nothing more than a bathing suit top and the bottoms a small skirt. It let her keep her decency, but that was all. The material, much like her hair, never settled, glittering and catching the light like a glint of a jewel. Her feet were bare, as they had always been and she wore no adornments.

Her eyes slid around to the people around her, covered with layer over layer of clothing. Even more than the villagers she grew up with. She shivered slightly as someone opened the door to the night's cool. Perhaps that was why...she ought to think of getting herself a traveling cloak. Yet, what was the point, she would lose it when she changed anyway?

Melancholy in mood and feeling a little tipsy, she raised her hand to get the attention of the waitress, who was already there and serving her a hot brew. It looked warm and inviting so she brought it to herself and took a big gulp.

Immediately her face evaporated, a combined effect of emotion and heat, followed by her chest and some of her waist. She dropped her cup to the side, trying to get the steaming liquid away from her while at the same time trying to pull herself back together. People had surely noticed now. The loud curse she had attempted to get out of her mouth as she shifted changed halfway through to a soft howl, like wind whistling through a small opening.

Indeed, it was a bad day.

Galedeaap
01-27-09, 05:20 AM
Galedeep sat, slouched into the shadows of the tavern, watching the crowd whilst he waited for a quote on his order from the Bazaar. Scanning the crowd over the lip of his tankard he sees the dullness of normalcy but a slight shine catches his attention out of the corner of his eye. Surely not he just didn't the girl on the other side pull part of her body back into her?

I haven't had enough to drink for this sort of thing

Watching her as she continues to drink a slight weariness of the world and its trappings is apparent in her eyes and for some reason her hair

Definitely haven't had enough to drink

As the night wears on she drinks more then suddenly appears to evaporate, he puts his mug down and stares in open astonishment

"Well that's not something you see everyday"

Gal walks over and sits opposite her, "Bad day?"

Andhaka Adiir
01-27-09, 08:02 AM
As she is dealing with her predicament, a man approached her. She had managed to substantialize al of her lower parts and was working her way up her neck towards her head, but hadn't quite gotten there yet. It was easier since the heat source was now gone, but still difficult because of her emotions flaring. Frustration ran up and down her body like a living thing, almost over taking her, since she was still partially in wind-spirit form.

She held up her hand to the man in front of her signaling that she needed him to wait, while she brought her head back into it's physical form. As she became physical, anyone watching noticed that her missing parts first shimmered, then became a collected blueish steam then began to take form, eyes, nose, mouth, and then the rest filled itself in. She eyes first so she could see the man, and then her throat and nose and mouth for talking and breathing.

"Well, I can't say that I have had worse," the lines of her face began to harden and her hair was the last thing to form, still a cloud wafting above her head. "though I am sure someone has. I try not to complain." Her hair formed out of the mist, but was reluctant to lay down at her shoulders like it should, so she reached up and grabbed it, manually bringing it downward. Once it was pointed downward, it seemed to ground itself a bit and only moved around a little, though it still glittered somewhat.

"How was your day?" she asked, jovially.

Slayn
01-27-09, 09:37 AM
Standing near the fireplace, Alisaar Slayn watched with raised eyebrows at the strange woman's transformations. It was interesting and almost comical at the same time.

"I have not seen the like since..." he muttered to himself.

Running a hand through his hair, he took another drink from his cup, his fire red eyes watching as the woman was approached by a man. A soldier of some kind.

"I wonder..."

Setting the unfinished ale on the mantle of the fireplace, Slayn pushed himself off of the wall and made his way towards the table. Slipping his tail around his waist, he pulled on his cloak to better hide it. He found that most humans didn't react favorably when they know that they are talking to a demon...especially one that looks more human in appearance.

They think I've got something to hide. Heh. Don't we all.

Walking up to the table, he nodded politely to the soldier and then turned to speak to the woman.

"Pardon my abruptness, miss. If I may be so bold to ask....how did you do that?"

Galedeaap
01-27-09, 03:36 PM
"Well all in all, not bad, but your ahhh little display there made it all the more interesting, what are you exactly?"

While he waited for a response another approached the table. As he sat Gal noticed that somethings was not quite human about this one. The slight bulge around the waist, the deep red of his eyes.

Looks like I'm not the only one intrigued by her disappearance, and there's more to this one that meets the eye, even if I don't have ones like his

Pushing himself back in his chair and turning his head to look at the newcomer, "Something catch your eye over here did it?"

Slayn
01-27-09, 04:47 PM
Grinning mischievously, Slayn's wolfish canines flashed momentarily.

Isn't he a smart one. Can probably tell that I'm not exactly human. Let's see where this leads.

"Indeed, sir. Something very much involving the lady. You seem to be....an observant one. I'm sure you've noticed."

Slayn's eyes flickered for a second to the soldier's weapons and then back to look the soldier in the eye. The grin still on his face, he extended his hand.

"Where are my manners? My name is Alisaar Slayn. But please, just call me Slayn."

Galedeaap
01-27-09, 04:57 PM
Galedeep watches this newcomer intently, noticing his eyes flicker to his swords

Hmmm, this ones cautious, definitely got something to hide, but he hasn't done anything yet so maybe he's just as interested as I am

"Well met Slayn, Sir Galedeep Lycansbane at your service" he says with an incline of his head. "Or if you prefer just call be Gal"

"And yes as you said, this lady appears to be just about as human as you are"

Slayn
01-27-09, 05:36 PM
"About as human as I...?" Slayn chuckled lightly, as he dropped his ignored hand.

A bold one, this Sir Lycansbane. I shall have to keep my guard up.

"Well...appearances can be deceiving, Sir Gal. But I do not doubt what you say about the lady."

This man is no fool. But I must know what manner of being this woman is. So we shall play the game until I get the answers that I seek.

Galedeaap
01-27-09, 06:06 PM
"Ahh I did not mean to be so rude, forgive me, I was just so ahh interested by yourself and the lady, allow me to cover the cost of the next round"
Gal signals the barmaid to bring another round to the table and places the money onto her try.
"And what profession would you be in then? It appears your an old hand with a blade" he says over the lip of his tankard as he nods toward the great claymore strapped to Slayn's back

Slayn
01-27-09, 06:23 PM
"Think nothing of it." Slayn finally took a seat at the table, adjusting his sword ae he did so.

Interested...huh? I'll bet you'll be interest to know that there's a good chance that I could strangle with my tail before you reach your weapons. Hmph.

Keeping the emotions of his thoughts to himself, Slayn thanks him by taking a swig from the cup. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand, a smile came to his face at the man's question.

"I am a warrior by birth," he spoke these words proudly, but shrugged indifferently as he finished his statement, "I am a hired sword by profession."

Long gone were the days when Slayn was among his own kind, but he still retained his demon-warrior's pride.

"And you, Sir Lycansbane? A soldier of some sort, I'm guessing?"

I wonder if you would know the difference between a warrior and a soldier.

Galedeaap
01-27-09, 06:30 PM
A soilder? Is that what he thinks of me? Well maybe the crest on my jerkin does give it away a litte. Hmm, this man knows what honour is, knows of loss and pride in the blade, and I think he can be trusted, if he couldn't I'd be dead and she'd be gone

"Only thourgh fate, a long story which my freinds at the castle would be happy to share with you, I think someone even write it down once. But I had dreams once, but for the moment I'm content as a soilder, for the moment"

Nils, why did you have to be so brave and yet so foolish you could never have faced the demon wolf and lived, we could have been great! But myabe this could lead to something more than castle life, something more...

Andhaka Adiir
01-27-09, 08:46 PM
Andhaka frowned as she watched their exchanged, while also feeling it. She had open her mouth to answer their questions, but they had gone on without her in the conversation. Interested in the situation in front of her, and distracted from her grief, the steaming stopped completely, though her hair still wafted about a bit. She took in their names, repeating them over and over in her head, so that she might remember them in her other form. Both of them were being friendly to her, for their own reasons. From the first comer, she sensed only curiosity, a desire to expand what he already knew. He seemed shrewd, though not overly paranoid. She was happy when he offered to by the rest of their drinks, as she had spent the last coin she had with her. The rest of her money was scattered somewhere over a wood nearby. She had attempted to keep one of her hands solid to carry it with her, but that hadn't worked out so well, as she promptly forgot what she was doing and what did she need money for anyway? So she had thought at the time.

Then her attention came to the lastcomer. He was bored. Bored in the most malicious manner she had ever encountered. Before she could stop herself, it was coming out of her mouth.

"Are you going to try to kill him?" she gestured from the demon to the guardsman. Her empathy was fickle and often flawed, but it seemed like he would very much like to. As soon as the question was out of her mouth, she realized that it wasn't very appropriate, and also that she hadn't introduced herself.

"I am called Andhaka,*" she let the name out with a breathy accent that she didn't realize would be difficult to reproduce. "My full title is Andhaka Oleander Adiir, for my late father. Humans call me Andy." she said the word like it was foreign to her. Then she remembered their questions.

"How I do...um, that," she paused, still rather embarrassed. "by which I assume you mean going insubstantial, and the question of what I am both have the same answer. My father was human, my mother was on old wind spirit, or some call it elemental. I have blood of both...well, you know I mean." she sighed, thinking of her stern but caring father who was now dead, then of her mother, wherever she may be. She wondered if her mother would care that her old lover was dead.

((*hhhnndhaakaa, the h is not silent and the vowels are held a little. The first A sounds a little like a moan)).

Galedeaap
01-27-09, 09:06 PM
Hearing her speak for the first time in a while it startled Gal, whispers on the wind, almost insubstantial in their being yet there "Andhaka, An-dh-aka" he said slowly rolling the strange name around.
"We've been so rude havn't we? Engrosed in our own little world and we completly forgot the reason we came here in the first place. I'm sorry Slayn is just such and interesting fellow." He pushes his drink away thinking that being too inegreated around a non-human and a partial elemental could be adverese to his health.

Even if she appears safe enough I've had to much trouble with the non-human to trust any of them from face value

"Slayn and I where just having a little conversation about our respective careers"

Gal took note of what Andhaka had asked about Slayn's intentions and eased himself back a little in his seat to make his weapons just that little bit more accessable

Damn, now if only that merchant in the Bazaar had given me a quote on those blades I wanted, this if it turns nasty could have been alot easier

He looks from Slayn to Andhaka trying to guage what may happen next.

Andhaka Adiir
01-28-09, 12:15 AM
"Careers," she repeated, frowning. "You both do fighting for a living, right? Same thing. You both have defensive natures, like springs. Your emotions...muted I guess. It's like nervousness, but it's not that. It's...to feel...aware? Not that word...on edge, maybe? To feel ready." She sighed, giving up describing what she felt from the both of them.

"Anyway, people who fight are like that. Nervous, but not. Not like him," she pointed to a man across the way. "He feels like...spirits I guess. Just wants to laugh, doesn't care about anything but laughing. Or fun, or touching. He is not at all nervous. But that man next to him is angry...so maybe he is about to commit violence on the first. Or maybe he wont. I am not so good at this." She wanted to bridge the gap between the two, so they'd be less likely to try to hurt each other. That was what she liked to do best: help people.

Her pale pink lips curled in a smile as she looked from one to another. When she had materialized, she hadn't managed to gain much in the way of matter, so she was just over five feet tall and weighed probably 95 lbs. This was assuming that everything inside of her was the density it should be. Her eyes went from person to person around her, finding those whose eyes were on her. Not all of them had the best intentions...and if someone stabbed her while in this form...well, it had never happened before, so she didn't know what would happen. What she did know, though, was that if she turned into wind while hungry, when she came back, she was still hungry. So, while she knew she could not be killed in wind form, she was not so sure about her human form.

Her father's death had got her thinking about her mortality. I wind elemental could not be killed, a human could be killed easily, could go out like a light. So where did that leave her?

Her eyes came back to the two in front of her, hoping they didn't notice her pause and her eyes hazing over as she contemplated all those things. She had never picked up the art of multitasking.

Galedeaap
01-28-09, 01:00 AM
"Speaking for myself, I don't know about Slayn here, it's like always thinking that there's always something round the corner, someone out to get you and the only way to stay alive is to think and move faster than your opponent. Fighting is mostly about being ahead in the mental game - it dosn't matter how good you are if your opponent knows what's coming and can counter it - it can fray a man's nerves and make him a wreck or it can keep him alive. But with your percular talents, I don't think you're in danger of that happening." he says with a wry smile.

The sounds of the tavern die down as Gal thinks back to how maybe if he had been that little bit faster, that little bit more on edge, then maybe, just maybe his freind would still be alive.

But I wasn't and he isn't so there is no point dwelling on it.

Gal slowly comes back to reality thinking, wondering what did he just give away to this one who seems to know what I'm thinking

Andhaka Adiir
01-28-09, 06:20 AM
Andhaka's lips pressed together as she listened to Galedeep's definition of the feeling she had sensed on both of them. It was very important that she learn how to describe the difference between each nuance in her empathy if it was ever to be of any use to her. Just as she was thinking this, a darker emotion passed over the man who had just finished speaking.

Loss, she thought, that one I know.

Her arm went up, a little wobbly, in more than just a human sense. The waitress returned, with, a bright girl she was, a cooler cup of mead. Andy gave her a smile that lit up the spirit's entire face at the waitresses' thoughtfulness, and determined that she would help the woman in some way if she could. For now, she was working, so Andhaka had time to chat with the fellows beside her. She sipped on the brew, her pale skin obviously red in the face at this point. When she sunk in her chair, it was a little lower than was actually possible.

Slayn
01-28-09, 08:11 AM
Slightly taken aback by brazen question, Slayn sat back and contemplated it momentarily.

Do I intend to try and kill him? An interesting idea but not very beneficial to me. Hm....an empath she is...this being. Interesting, indeed.

"Where I came from, looking for something bad to happen..be it from friend or foe..is a common practice. So, you develop, what I call, a second mind. That tries to prepare you for all posibilities. It is as Sir Gal described."

Slayn grinned as he noticed Gal's movement. To anyone else, it may have been a slight shift to make himself more comfortable. Something that would have been ignored, if noticed, but to Slayn it was obvious and hard to miss. It amused him.

"To answer your question, and perhaps to ease our friend's mind. No. I have no intention of trying to kill him." He turned to look Gal in the eyes. "As long as he has no intention of trying to kill me."

Turning back to Andhaka, he looked her over more carefully. If he didn't know better, he'd have sworn that she was a wind-demon from his homeworld, Helos. But she was not. Slayn was almost saddened by it. It would have been good to be around another of his kind...well...another demon, at least. But this Andhaka was as close as he was going to get so he was determined to enjoy the moment while it lasted. And the banter with Sir Lycansbane wasn't that bad either...almost friendly.

Andhaka...even her name...perhaps there are more similarities to Helos in this world than I thought.

"You remind me of my home, Andhaka," he said with a geniune smile, pronouncing her name perfectly.

Galedeaap
01-28-09, 04:10 PM
A smile split across Gal's face.
"Well that does make this an all together more pleasurable experience then. And to ease your mind, though I doubt you need it, I see no reason to spill any blood on such a fine evening as this"
This time, to make himself more comfortable he reached behind and unbuckled his weapon belt and slung it over the back of the chair. Leaning forward and wrapping his hands around his drink he fixes a quizzical eye on Slayn and asks "And where exactly is home for you?"

Slayn
01-28-09, 04:53 PM
Following Gal, Slayn swung his backscabbard over his head and put his large sword on the floor near his feet. After pausing for a moment, he removed his cloak as well. His tail stretched out automatically. The 3ft. appendage rested on Slayn's leg as he sat back down.

"My home is a world called Helos. It is a mostly fiery world full of demons, humans, and those that call themselves clerics," he frowned as he mentioned the clerics.

Accursed Clerics....descendents of angels, my ass! Glorified humans with wings, if you ask me. Easily plucked out feathers. If I had not been exiled....

"If you have not guessed, I am a demon. I approached you both because I thought that she might one as well. On Helos we have elementals too. It was a faint hope...but I am pleased to have at least met someone new."

Andhaka Adiir
01-29-09, 04:17 AM
"My mother is ancient," Andhaka told Slayn, spurred by his sadness and also by his sure pronunciation of her truename. "My father was a mage and a scholar and was trying to study her kind when he was swept away by her charms, or so he said. What he learned is that my mother's people is full of rich history that they think little of and care nothing about, if they remember it at all. He knows that they don't originate from the same place, there are many clans of souls that feel the same, and some that feel similar to no one at all. We are but consciousnesses with the power to control and matter in gaseous form, and my father hypothesizes...or he did rather..." she paused, but pushed her sadness aside and continued. "...that since they have no physical body in this world, there is no reason to believe that they necessarily come from here at all. In fact, because of the explorative nature of my mother's kind, he finds it hard to believe that the older spirits could have been entertained for so long with only one world to hold them...what I am saying is...if your world is old enough, my ancient mother could share 'blood' with people of your home world." she finished, realizing suddenly how long she had talked on. She was silent for a moment.

"I'm here because I don't know where else to be..." she stated suddenly "My purpose died with my father."

Galedeaap
01-29-09, 04:42 AM
It seems that everyone here has lost something, or someone or both. Maybe there's something more to this meeting than just a passing interest in someone who's not quite here all the time. It seems she had a deep love for her father, almost as if her reason, her purpose was bound in his work and Slayn, he's been out of touch with anything remotely similar to himself for who knows how long, and I thought that I got the short end of the stick!

"A race that care's for naught, one has to wonder as to why they even exist at all; I mean, there would have to be a reason for them though, wouldn't there?"

He leans back in his chair, puzzled by what is going on at this table, in this tavern, heck why where any of them even here at all? Thinking through his life he wonders what lead him to this point, why he's sitting here.

"So, we know how Andhaka got here, but what could force a demon from his homeland? That would take a mighty force indeed"

Slayn
01-29-09, 04:35 PM
Slayn nodded. Some comfort washing over him by her words.

"I have heard similar ideas from my people. I do not know if it is true, but it gives me some sort of comfort."

He paused momentarily, an idea forming in his head...or his heart. He wasn't sure. It was difficult to tell the two apart sometimes.

"If I am to beleive that perhaps what you say is true...or has any truth to it....then we are cousins of a sort." He smiled and nodded to himself. "Yes..it is settled as such."

His smile faded as he contemplated Gal's question.

"I was betrayed." He sighed heavily and took a drink from his almost forgotten mug.

"I was a warrior for my people, the Gray Wolf Pride. A privilege of birth and a great honor. I trained and prepared for it my whole life. It was my calling. I brought great honor to my clan. Then the clerics took it all away," he growled angrily as he mentioned the clerics.

"They claimed to be the descendents of angels. They made it their 'holy mission' to eradicate all demons. They were nothing but religiously fanatical humans with wings, if you ask me. But they captured, tortured and studied me. For many years until I escaped. When I returned home, there was nothing left. My people were gone...killed or disbanded, I don't know."

Running is hands through his hair, his tail twitched angrily as he remembered the past.

"I became a sword-for-hire. There was not much honor in it, but it kept food in my belly and a roof over my head. By that time, I cared for nothing. I took a job to kill a man...a political and religious leader among my kind. I was setup to fail....I....killed his son instead. He was only a child."

Slayn cast his eyes downward for a moment, the shame of his actions creeping over him.

"There were many who remembered me from my time as an honored warrior. So instead of being killed, I was banished. Strong magics were used to open the portal that sent me here. That was almost two years ago, I think."

Slayn fell silent as he realized what he had just done. He was never one to talk so much. Perhaps he had one too many to drink.

I must be insane! Here I am telling these strangers my life story as though we have been comrades for years! Alisaar Slayn, you are getting soft, or going mad...not much difference. I wonder what they think of me now?

Andhaka Adiir
01-30-09, 08:26 AM
"I don't know much about reason...to, uh, tell the truth. I'm half one of them, perhaps is why. I'll tell you though that nothing feels more like true living than experiencing the world as the wind. And...they do care. They are just...fickle. Free spirit is more than just a quality to them...it's a requirement of existence. Feeling tied down makes them afraid, or even angry. It is just how they are. Those who have loved one of us say that none have ever cared so deeply for them...we are creatures of feeling. It is notice that we lack, I should say. We simply don't notice. Er...Tunnel vision." she didn't notice her shifting from the word them to us, she did it often as fit the sentence. Sometimes she felt like it was 'us' and sometimes 'them'.

Slayn called them cousins, causing Andhaka to double take. If she could consider him family, then she would have someone to protect and her purpose would be restored! She got excited, but figured she had better wait to bring it up. Excuse me, but do you mind if I followed you around for the rest of your life? She gave a small smile, sure that that would be an awkward thing to ask. Then Gale questioned Slayn about how he came here, which was something she was curious about. His tale made her sad, partly because she could feel his sadness...and loneliness.

"Banishment isn't always the lesser punishment against death....er, in some situations," she commented, looking at him compassionately. Then she turned to Galedeep.

"Well, um, we both spilled our proverbial guts. Why not, um, even the score, Mr. Soldier? Everyone has a story to...ah, tell. What is yours?"

Galedeaap
01-31-09, 02:56 AM
"Ha mine you say? Well it does seem that mine is rather a mundane history compared to your great tales but as you say, fair is fair. I grew up in a small town the son of a blacksmith, but I never saw the horse shoe or the how, I saw the ferocity of the sword and the strength of armour. I started with just a wooden sword I carved myself at age 10 and practised every night, working myself harder than I thought possible. One night my friend Nils found me, I thought he would tell my parents and my dream would be finished but, all he wanted was to learn along side me. We trained for eight years, every night, working all day in the fields or in my fathers forge. In our eighteenth year we decided it was time for a real sword. I'd learnt all my father had to teach, so one night we took to the forge, steel, iron and wood we worked with. My father awoke in the morning to the sound of hammer on steel. He came in and found us almost in a trance, working on our masterpieces. Two days it took us, but at the end of it we thought we had priceless weapons capable of slaying dragons. My father was so proud of me as was Nils's. That night as we slept soundly a howl plit the air. Nils and I ran out to see a fey wolf come towards us with a form on its back. Nils stepped foward to take on this beast, he could hold his own in a duel but never against a demon wolf. It ripped him to shreds infront of my eyes. Whilst it devoured him I stepped foward and slashed, ripping its throat out, a mist rose in my eyes and I stabbed and slashed, that wolf was not recognisable after I was done with it. The form on the back turned out to be the princess from the castle not an hours march away. And thus I gained my knighthood, my name and this ring" He took his glove off and laying it on the table, the sapphire sparkling as it catches the light, set in the smooth silver band. "This was in the belly of that fiend, no idea what it does, but anything from something like that must have some sort of magic cast on it. I've been at the castle ever since; I'm on two weeks leave at the moment, but I'll never forget that night and what it did to me" He closes his eyes as he puts his glove back on.

No one ever has heard that much before, not even those who saw it remember it in its entirety.

"But as a great man once said, such is life"

Slayn
01-31-09, 07:58 PM
"You are a brave soul, my friend. A true warrior indeed. Such events mark you....like a warrior's tattoo on your very soul. I sense honor in you."

Slayn outstretched his left hand onto the table to show his ring. It was made of silver and in the shape of a wolf's head. Two red stones were set as its eyes. The stones flashed as though there was life in them.

"I too possess a ring that I carry yet know nothing about. It was given to me by my mother. She once claimed that the stones came from a world that was not our own."

He shrugged.

"As my clan used to say....Fire burns, water drowns, wind blows, and earth keeps you. It is as you say....such is life."

Andhaka Adiir
02-01-09, 04:01 AM
Andhaka listened, feeling with the both of them as they spoke. On a sudden impulse she went insubstantial, blowing her glittering barely visible blue form around the room, knocking over empty chairs and pulling the poor barkeeps inventory sheets away from him, causing them to flutter around his head. She pulled herself in a figure eight around Slayn and Galedeep, then, wanting to change back, and not thinking it through, she dived into her cup.

She turned solid when she became wet and the cup shattered as her form rapidly filled solid space. She made a 'yeep!' noise as the glass broke and leaped up, promptly falling on the floor behind her, knocking over her chair as she went. It wasn't but a second before she hopped up again, and then righted her chair and sat in it with a flop, all over damp from the liquid. She licked her hand with a goofy smile on her face.

"I'm sorry..." she muttered. She sobered a little, but not too much, grinning, she stated. "I have a hard time being serious for long periods of time...all I want to know, I guess, is what's next? I have no purpose!" she said cheerfully. "No one thinks...how liberating that can be. Liberating to have no design for you, to be free to choose it, no? A little sad, yes, but certainly free. So where will the winds blow the two of you next! Like I said, I've got no plans for the next millennium, so I'm game for anything."

Galedeaap
02-01-09, 04:26 AM
Bursting out in laughter and spraying ale everywhere at Andhaka's little display. "It would be nice indeed to be free, and for a mortal such as me it's probably more on my mind than yours, seeing as I don't have a spare millenium to play around in. But as for where to from here, then if you two wouldn't mind a mortals company, then I think that my time at the castle may have come to and end and it's time for something new."

To leave the castle, to see the world, perhaps this is what I need, a permanent holiday of sorts.

"If you're interested then I am too." he says banging his hand on the table with a definite thud.

Slayn
02-01-09, 05:04 PM
Slayn watched Andhaka's display with an amused smile on his face.

"I too am one with no purpose. And like you, cousin,I have more than a little time to do whatever claims my mind to do. But, if I may be so bold....my sword and my loyalty are yours, no matter what the situation."

It feels good to be connected to someone again. Even if she tires of my company after a while. To not feel displaced...alone....this is good....no matter how long it lasts.

"And you friend, Gal. You are a brother in arms...and mortal or not...you are welcome to fight or travel at my side for as long as you desire. You are a friend to me and I do not give such titles loosely."

Slayn emptied his mug and slammed it onto the table.

Andhaka Adiir
02-02-09, 10:26 PM
And so it seemed that three strangers came to be connected, in the way such things happen: by chance or by fates. The wind blew, the fire glowed and the steel glinted as the alliance was formed.

Andhaka smiled to herself, sucking on the wriggling end of her damp hair. Perhaps things would be just fine. Her father had passed, but a new door had opened. If not for her beloved one's death, she perhaps would have spent her entire existence doing menial tasks for children and villagers. Her father's death still pained her in some deep place in her heart, but as was her nature, she could not think of it much at all. Her mind and heart were forward on adventures yet to come.

And to think, it had started out such a bad day.

((I am going to submit this for judging, if that's alright with you two.))

Galedeaap
02-03-09, 12:49 AM
Sounds like a plan

Slayn
02-03-09, 09:30 AM
((Cool))

Taskmienster
03-06-09, 04:43 PM
A bad day; a warm brew

STORY (0/30)

~ Continuity ~ 4
Gale and Slayn: You gave me no background or why you were there.

~ Setting ~ 2
Basically forgotten… which was sad because it could have helped out with the pacing, since those really short posts could have had some more added to them to fill them out a bit.

~ Pacing ~ 3
Slayn and Gale, it’s best to wait till the other people post before you carry on without them, especially since you directed a question at her. Doing so kills the pacing and makes extremely short, choppy posts instead of a flowing story. Gale: your 24th post was ridiculously long. You could have broken that up easily to make it flow a lot better.

CHARACTER (0/30)

~ Dialogue ~ 5
You all write really long dialogue at times, some of which feels out of place.

~ Action~ 3

~ Persona ~ 3
I didn’t really get a whole lot other than two guys’ ego’s were going to clash about fighting each other, though why I don’t know. And the girl didn’t want them too.

WRITING STYLE (0/30)

~ Technique ~ 2

~ Mechanics ~ 5
Multiple errors, only a few spelling. Remember not to skip from present and past tense when writing as well. All of you have a lot of really long sentences with too many comma’s, try and split those up to make it easier to follow. All of the MANY mistakes could easily be fixed by just reading over your posts.

~ Clarity ~ 5

WILD CARD!!! 4
Good try, if you want further commentary just catch me via PM or IM and I can help you!

TOTAL

(36/100)

GAINS/REWARDS!

And: 275 exp and 50 gp
Slayn: 300 exp and 50 gp
Gale: 275 exp and 50 gp

Taskmienster
03-06-09, 04:46 PM
Exp/GP added