PDA

View Full Version : Trago Vs. Regal Burnswidth

Trago
02-04-09, 07:15 PM
Trago, A cross breed between a male Dragon named Tyruelian and a female Tyranosaurs Rex named Helianette. A chance, hell a miracle at the most. But He is a prince by birth. On all fours He stands about 11 feet tall. on his two hind legs he stands about 16 ft tall. From nose to tip of tail he is 35 feet long.

His eyes are a pitch black. His main scale color is a deep deep red in light but in the dark it looks black. His talons are 6 inches each. His wing span reaches about 30 feet from tip to tip. But Trago, he caught wind of someone who wanted to see what "spilt dragon blood" looks like. But Trago doubts this "Regal Burnswidth" is even worth the time.

So Trago has arranged with Regal a meeting place, in the Citadel. Trago said he would be there early. So Trago arrives to the Citadel and finds a set of large cedar doors, clearly large enough for Trago, who stands near 11 feet tall. So Trago budges the doors open slowly with his head and sees his dream arena.
All over, the only thing in this arena was a large mountain, other then that nothing is in sight.

The arena is nothing but a field, empty for all but Trago and the mountain. The mountain is roughly 250 feet above ground level. On the far side of the mountain is a tunnel that goes to the top, but you gotta have the endurance to make it up or risk passing out and falling backwards and well. You get the picture.
And at the top of mountain is a small ledge large enough for Trago.

So Trago Takes note of everything except the cave, cause he can't see it. So Trago opens his massive wing span and takes flight to the ledge on top of the mountain and sits, like a dog would begging for food. Just with his eyes on the door, waiting on this "Regal" character.

The Arena is 200 yards from the mountain in every direction. Also, the cave is protected from anything except anything inside the cave.

Unfulfilled
02-05-09, 01:06 AM
Patience is a virtue, and a to have that virtue is said to be the key to a happy life. With patience comes level headed thinking, a clear mind to see things objectively, and most importantly, rarely lose ones temper.

Regal Burnswidth, the self-proclaimed Demon of Swords had no patience. His mind raced with thoughts of carnage and mayhem as the monk before him looked to Regal with patience, despite the irritation he was feeling.

"What do you mean, disclosure forms?" Regal shouted in hysterics. "Before I can kill someone I have to sign like, a million papers worth of garbage large enough to cover a mountain, and then climb that mountain just to fill out more forms and papers!" Regal started pacing around, Tenacity, his steel katana held loosely at his side in his scabbard and grazed his leg every once in a while. "I've been here for hours, the gods damn you people for making me wait!" He shouted loudly. The monk sighed before he spoke, his sage like tone washing over Regal with the wisdom of the ages.

"Sir, you have been here for only three minutes." Regal stole a glance at him. "And on top of that, there was only one form you needed to sign. The other papers were directions to your battle location. It's a boxed crater in the mountains with a large open field. Did you even take the time to read the paper?" The monk looked at Regal.

"Of course I did!" Regal snapped wiping his pure white hair aside. The monk rose a single eye brow. "Well, I skimmed it." The monk's lips pressed together as he squinted. "Well, i was planning to later..." Regal said quietly to himself. "But no matter, I am done here?" Regal said patting the hilt of his blade.

"Yes, you are...may the gods-" Regal was already on his way forward to the battle, his hand lifted to hit the monk in the face to quiet him.

"Ya ya you old fart! Shut up so I can get to the killing." Regal's mind was already focusing on the fight. The opponent was one who claimed to have dragon's blood, and it was curious to him to see if maybe it was a different color. When he became the holy saint of swords he wanted to get a new coat and wondered what color it should be. If it turned out this foes blood was the right shade he was looking for he would have his answer.

The monk continued to call after Regal, but his shouts fell on deaf ears. Regal didn't need to hear his concerns for his safety. Why did he need to be worried? He was a demon of the blade on a journey to kill Karel Raven and take his title for his own. He had just one last speed bump in his way.

"REGAL BURNSWIDTH!" The monk shouted this time in a rage. "THE BATTLE IS DOWN THE OTHER HALL!" He shouted after the sword demon. "You stupid twerp." He began to mutter a string of words insulting the gray swordsman. Regal looked down upon the paper to see that the monk was in fact correct, and he was going the wrong way. He turned himself around and walked passed the monk. He saw the large cedar oak wooden doors begin to open, a whiff of pure mountain air filling his nostrils.

"You know pal, patience is a virtue," Regal said rudely cocking his head back to the monk walking into the door. "You should try it sometime."

Trago
02-05-09, 11:28 AM
The doors swung open and banged the walls as they flew open; The sound of the bang caught Trago's attention so he perks his head down towards the doors and notices a puny man. "Ahh this must be Regal Burnswidth." Trago whispers to himself as he stands up, stretches and lets out a loud roar.

A roar loud enough to make the floor shake and the mountain rumble. After the roar Trago spreads his wings full width and glides to the floor and landing with a loud THUD. He lands a few feet in front of the human. The human looks about late 20's with white hair. His only weapon, a katana at his side. Trago opens his mouth and speaks "Are you the one called Regal Burnswidth ? If so, I heard about you, how you are looking for spilled dragon blood. Just know this, There will only be spilt human blood today." And with that said Trago cocks his head up and lets out a stream of fire almost hot enough to leave 3rd degree burns.

The fire a blackish white flame, stretching up about 7 feet from Trago's mouth lasts for 10 seconds. After the fire goes out Trago rears back on his hind legs, so now he stands 16 feet tall. He smirks as he looks down to Regal. "Come, let us do this.."

Unfulfilled
02-05-09, 02:27 PM
As Regal entered the arena he could smell the fresh air nearly knocking him off his feet, the cool gentle breeze of the wind lifting his spirit it seemed. He let off a wild grin of amusement. Not to shabby... he mused.

Then his world went kaput. A dragon like oddity roared loudly shaking the mountains, and as the gargantuan creature landed the tremors caused the earth to rumble and Regal took a few steps back before losing his balance and falling flat on his back. Were he to have kept his balance the wall of flames that followed up would have surly killed him. Regal didn't see it that way however, instead he was working himself up into a frenzy of anger and rage.

"Do you have no manners at all you worthless bug?" Regal shouted back getting up drawing Tenacity and pointing it at the far larger foe. "There is etiquette and procedure that must be followed before you engage the enemy like a rampaging obese woman when that time of the month hits!" Regal brought his katana to his shoulder, lifting his other hand up pointing to the sky with one finger.

"Number One!" He shouted defiantly. "You will not shout like a baby your intentions until after you introduce yourself!" His middle finger joined the first. "Two! You will not use your opening attacks to kill your opponent. You both first have to argue with words about who is stronger, better, and all that nonsense. I mean personally myself I wouldn't bother, clearly already seeing the difference between us." He yawned bringing his index finger up. "Oh and three...dear god you repulsive over size bag of filth go gargle some mouth wash. There is no excuse for something so foul it lights the very air itself on fire..." Regal took his hand and wiped it in front of his nose.

He pointed his blade back down to the ground at his side as he looked to the monstrosity before him. "Hrmmm," Regal looked at the arena. "Doesn't really look like it fairs well for me now does it?" Regal asked out of curiosity. "Meh, oh well, guess I'll just wing it."

With that decided upon Regal charged, sprinting up towards the beast with weapon ready.

Trago
02-05-09, 02:46 PM
Trago manages a small grin and focused his eyes on Regal now. "Pathetic wench, why should I waste my time on the likes of you? As it seems, you are not even worthy to be my pet. But just to be proper, My name is Trago, but you.... you can call me your worst enemy."

Just as Regal started his rant on about the propers of how to start a fight Trago took a couple steps forward and came back down on all fours. "Listen little man," Trago says pointing his first finger at Regal "I had no intention of killing you with my fire. My race does that before any fight, even if is to be our last."

Just as Regal started his charge, Trago smiled and spread his wings wide and beat them rapidly, creating a strong gust of wind pushing against Regal. Trago does this well but it does not stop Regal completely. So Trago keeps his wings spread in case he needs to make a quick dodge...

Unfulfilled
02-05-09, 02:56 PM
Regal's charge was alarmingly fast and he took pride knowing he was getting quicker with his speeds. He knew he had to be faster though if he wanted to best the Saint of Swords. He pushed his body harder and harder and as his charge neared the monstrosity and as he was almost ready to close the gap the dinosaur hybrid lifted up and beat its massive wings at the gray swordsman.

The wind torrent was amazing, but what was even more amazing to Regal was stench of the Dragon thing's own body odor. As the gust pounded against him his charge was dropped to almost a mere jog. He kept his composure at the ready as his blade was lifted forwards, his run getting a bit faster as the dragon beat its massive wings.

"A little...cheap...don't...you think?" Regal muttered as he pounded his legs against the earth. Regal was now a mere few feet away, and his sword was ready to strike outwards as his muscles ached from the extra strain. Whoo, need to work out more. He concluded.

As he brought his blade up overhead he recalled a similar time when a he had to fight someone who claimed to have the strongest skin in the world. It was true, for most part. Regal's blade couldn't cut the man. Turned out he was a golem, and his skin was enchanted to look like a human's, but in reality it was a stone wall Regal was up against. Yet Regal didn't survive the encounter on dumb luck, rather he learned that no matter who you are, what size you are, what your body can do a simple truth was always evident.

You can always stab their eye.

Which was what Regal aimed for as he came roaring out of the gust of wind, weapon ready as he stabbed forward with all his might, a war cry on his lips.

Trago
02-05-09, 03:07 PM
The wind had slowed Regal not much but it worked a bit . So Trago thought this was gonna be a sinch, like stepping on an ant. Well he's wrong... very wrong indeed.

Somehow Regal managed to escape the wind torrent and actually tryed a frontal assault on Trago. Trago grin he had turned to a smile since no human has ever survived a frontal assault on any Tragonian let alone tell the tale.

So what Trago does is he stops his wings and brings both his arms up to catch Regal. And if that missed, then he'd have to improvise on what to do next, since no one normally lasts very long with Trago...

Trago gets a thought, "What if..." As if by some miracle Trago takes a couple steps backwards, but still got cut on the torso, a long scar running from his left shoulder down a fourth of the way down his torso.. not deep but very painful. So trago takes this chance after Regal lands to grab him. He reaches down with his right claw, aiming right for Regal.

Unfulfilled
02-05-09, 03:23 PM
The sword demon's adrenalin was startling as he freed himself of the vortex. It was like time sped up and his feet now carried him even faster than before as he sprung forward, his blade up and ready to strike. The blade was getting lethally close to the dragon's eye and it seemed the monster had some revelation that maybe it would be in his best interest to lose ground to Regal. The sword demon grinned with pleasure at the sight of watching the beast coil back, and Regal's swing went wild outwards.

"Feel my blade! Take it, receive it! Receive my tenacity as I show you just how wrong you are!" The blade hit the beast in the shoulder and traveled downwards as Regal landed on his feet twisting on the spot to face the dragon hybrid again. He looked to see the area where he cut and sure enough trickles of blood began to pour downwards from his left shoulder area down the torso. The blood pooled out, but Regal could already tell it was just a shallow cut. He twirled his blade in his hand excitedly.

"What was that about me not getting a cut on you?" Regal gave him a look of disgust. "Fah!" He spat out disappointed as he looked to the beast's chest, watching the crimson life drip out one at a time like drops of rain. "I expected more out of you, monster. I expected you to not bleed so easily."

Regal pointed his blade at him again. "Look at you, you are not ready for a fight like this!" He shouted in anger. "I was at the pagoda, ready to train my skills when suddenly I hear that a certain warrior was challenging anything that even moved. When I inquired I learned it was someone huge, beast like and terrifying. I naturally wanted to test your skill out, and see if I could take you down." Regal placed his blade back on his shoulder. "But I guess I can see plain as day that you are full of talk and nothing else."

As Regal was about to turn and just leave the battle he felt his entire spine and shoulder bones compress tightly. His feet dangled and his head bobbled from side to side as he watched the ground fade quickly. Ah swell, Regal thought irritably. Got myself caught.

Trago
02-05-09, 03:32 PM
"Tsk tsk tsk. This little man, is only the begining. See I have the upper hand now and I could kill you here and now, but that would be a waste. So this is what I am gonna do."

Trago says with a cocky attitude as he slowly cocks his right arm back and quickly brings it forward letting go of Regal in the process, flinging him towards the mountain; Just as fast as he let go, he spread his wings again and took flight right after him.

"Regal, this is the end for you" Trago says to himself as he continues his "high flying pursuit."
As he follows suit, he stretches his arms out comepletely ready to tear Regal a new ass for trifling with him. As he gets closer to Regal, he starts to open his mouth now, razor sharp teeth glistening in the sunlight, ready for the taste of manflesh.

Unfulfilled
02-05-09, 03:39 PM
Regal was bored now. Being caught in the grasp of the enemy wasn't exactly thought provoking, and one of two things usually happened. Either he was about to earn some wings for flight, or he would be crushed to the ground. "So tactless." Regal said yawning. He felt his body get squeezed one last time as the dragon thing muttered words of playing and what not, regal wasn't paying any attention, and felt his limbs go free. Looks like I go flying.

He had recalled similar times when fighting when his body became one with the birds, and they always ended rather painfully. Sometimes, more than most, he would come out of it body shattered and unconscious in some random hospital wing. On rare occasions he actually survived long enough to realize calling a giant "Whore child" wasn't a good plan of attack.

Regal's body soared in the air and he pondered how long his flight would last. He took in a lung of air but felt a sharp pain on his right side. "Man, I just healed that rib too!" He cursed taking a shallower breaths. His mind was spinning as his body continued to soar and he wondered if it would ever end. But as the dragon dinosaur flew after him Regal could see his teeth in a stunning display of razor sharp intent.

Regal rotated one foot outwards and the air caught hold of it rotating him around so he now faced the dragon, his body beginning to descend now that the apex of the flight was over. He brought Tenacity up as the Dragon came at him and Regal got a wicked idea.

He curled into a tiny ball and aimed for the mouth of the dragon. Let's see if your insides are made of something stronger. Regal thought vilely, the grin returning to his face.

Trago
02-05-09, 03:55 PM
The rush of fresh air was exhilerating and nice for Trago's complextion. And the fact that this was a fun fight.

But something happened which made Trago flinch, Regal somehow turned himself around and readied himself for the dragon. He turned and faced Trago, his blade at the ready, like he has something in mind. "Oh fuck what is he thinking?"

Trago slows down and lands a few feet from Regal and stands on his hind legs wings closed and folded against his back, rearing up claws at the ready, teeth showing. Trago lowers his head to face Regal as this blackish white glow comes from the back of his mouth as he readies his fire to scorch or even try to burn Regal.

Unfulfilled
02-05-09, 04:09 PM
Regal's body twirled end over end as he watched the dragon come closer and closer. Come on you bastard, show me what you got! The monster suddenly stopped in mid flight and Regal cursed loudly as he watched it descend back to the earth.

Oh sonova- Regal was amazed by the speed at which he flew downwards, his tiny ball strategy not working so well. He exploded outwards and free fell extending each limb outwards to do something to slow his fall. His mind looked downwards as he suddenly realized the beast was getting ready for another fire attack.

"Keeps getting better and better." Regal leaned his body to the right, altering his trajectory preparing to try and land on the beasts wings for some form of comfort, as for the fire part, well he didn't really get a choice in the matter. It was either be a splattered bug at the beasts feet, charbroiled and crispy ready to eat. Or he could try and take his blade and stab it into the thick leathery membrane of the beast's wings, dragging himself downwards in a shower of blood stopping his rapid free fall. Either way he was probably going to catch on fire so he quickly prioritized his situation.

Okay, first thing live, second thing, Regal pondered for a fleeting second. Deal with the fire if I complete part one! Regal nodded his head in acceptance of this bold, amazingly tactful battle plan.

He brought his legs up to his chest, placing Tenacity between them and aiming for the beasts wings. Regal prayed this would work, he didn't get another choice if it didn't. But he still grinned none-the-less. Despite this battle and its obvious challenges it would never compare to the titanic battle he would have the day he found Karel Raven and fought him for the title of Saint of Swords.

"Here I come you bastard!" Regal cried out as his body fell within twenty feet to the dragon and closing the distance rapidly.

Trago
02-05-09, 04:20 PM
As Trago lands and readies his flame to incinerate Regal. Regal mumbles something and can't out what he is saying. So Trago just figures he is saying his prayers.

"Good riddance wench. This was actually fun" Trago says as he comes down on all fours, but just as he does he notices that Regal puts his knees to his chest and puts the steel katana between the legs and rapidly approaches Trago at a steady pace. Trago realizes he can't use his final move just yet, So what he does is he braces himself for the hit, no matter the cost, this was one hell of a fight.

"COME AT ME WITH ALL YOU GOT!!" Trago yells as Regal rapidly gets closer by the second.

Unfulfilled
02-05-09, 04:39 PM
The beast coward down the ground, and Regal suddenly exploded outwards with a sudden realization that he had this now in the bag. The beast lowered to the ground and it braced itself, and Regal could feel a primal energy grow within him. His mind was oblivious to the things going on around him, a sick and twisted face laughed and controted with pleasure as he free fell preparing to end the hybrid monster.

His blade began to glow with a gray energy wave as he free fell, his excitement fueling the blade's power as he got closer and closer to the face. As he did so a large demonic laughter growled behind Regal as his body was now a mere ten feet away. He rose his blade up, the energy releasing it self in a wave that pulsed outwards into the sky behind him. "TASTE YOUR MORTALITY!" Regal shouted as he landed on the dragon's head, his blade stabbing deep into the left eye of the monster.

Blood poured outwards as the katana dug deep into the socket, resistance met at first before it popped like a zit. The eyeball exploded on regal, blood wishing over him as he reached deeper inwards. The energy pulsing around the blade exploded out of the hilt behind Regal, a demonic grin etched in the heavens as Regal laughed with wild abandonment. The blade cut outwards and was free of the fleshy prison, blood and other body parts dripped off the blade as Regal rode the beast downwards in its death throws.

As it tumbled to the earth Regal turned and was already walking away, wiping his blade clean on the edge of the monsters stomach. He dragged the blade across the flesh, cutting shallow as he did so, his mood suddenly dark and solemn.

His body tingled for all of a few precious seconds, but in the end he didn't seem to have that feeling he wanted. Looking down at Tenacity he could tell the blade felt unsatisfied. He sighed. Unfulfilled yet again.

He walked towards where the cedar doors were, they returned with a sudden phase like appearance before they opened. The bright light was a welcoming feeling to the gray swordsman, and he grinned as he heard the thousands of cheers that awaited him. His mind already calculated the name Trago to the thousands he had slaughtered already.

As he entered the portal he bowed low to his awaiting audience, other warriors bowed low in respect, others turned to run, afraid that Regal would come for them next. "All hail the Demon of Swords, the victor of this match!" A man cried out, and a chorus of cheers erupted nearly knocking the sword demon down to the ground. He grinned as he raised his hands to lower thier voices. As one the crowd silenced themselves.

"I merely did nothing special, just kill a monster for the world! But alas this was no Karel Raven," Regal said solemnly. "That day will be special..." Regal said at last leaving the citadel. The crowd cheered as Regal walked onwards towards his rightful destiny.

"Who was he talking to?" The monk that let Regal in looked at him oddly before he turned to the other monk near him. "Nobody was here except for us..."

Trago
02-05-09, 04:57 PM
The pain was unbearable as Regal had managed to stab out Trago's left eye. The blood was spurting out, blood managed to get all over Regal, blood was flowing out of the eye like a river gone wild. The last thing Trago seen was Regal walking towards the giant cedar doors that let them both in.

Next thing he sees is the monks who run this place. "Trago, of the Tragonian race, you put up a wonderful fight, but alas you lost, yet you won because you stood up to your fears. We were able to revive you, but we could not give you back yor eye. We of the Citadel ask for your forgiveness."

Trago struggles to stnad, and does a half ass job, so he just lift's himself with his right leg. "Thank you Monks of the Citadel, This fight was very fun for me as well. And about the eye, It is alright, i deserve it for dealing with Regal Burnswidth, A name I shall not soon forget." The monk bows and lets Trago up and helps him to the door. As they get close and the door opens he hears the cheers of his mother, father and of all his country men.

Trago then steps out side, struggling to open his wings. But after a few moments he opens them wide and takes off towards a new day and a new adventure.

The Death was official and approved.

Letho
03-08-09, 03:02 PM
General Notes: When you submitted this thing for judging, you didn’t specify the level of detail you wanted, so I’m going to walk the middle road and try to give medium amount in all categories. Trago’s score shall be in BLUE and Unfulfilled’s shall be in RED. So let’s get it on.

CONTINUITY – 4:6

You both established some basic reasoning behind the battle, but it was nothing exceptional. Regal wanted to spill some dragon blood and Trago wanted to teach Regal a lesson about not meddling with dragons. Not too shabby, but nothing stellar either and neither of you seemed too elaborate further on that once the battle had started. When Regal finally spilled some blood, there was no reaction whatsoever and only at the very end did Trago show that the entire battle affected him in any way. I’m giving an advantage to Unfulfilled because his introduction was more effective than Trago’s.

SETTING - 2:2

This is where you’ll both take a big hit, I’m afraid. The arena was practically non-existent here, and after the first two posts, neither of you made an effort to include the setting in your writing. Hell, it didn’t even feel like they were fighting on a mountain, but rather just a vacant place in time/space continuum. Mountains have precipices, passes, ridges, narrow, treacherous walkways, jagged stones, slopes, bushes, snow, ice, wildcats, yetis, giants, anything that would make it feel like this was an actual place. Remember, just because it’s in the Citadel doesn’t mean it’s bland and artificial. Do try to keep your surroundings in mind the next time you fight.

PACING – 5:5

I wasn’t too happy with this either. The primary reason was the whole flying thing. From what I could gather, Regal freefell for two straight posts during which he had time to think, re-think and do it all over again before stabbing Trago in the eye. Admittedly, this battle did have a rather quick pace, but the action itself was rather badly executed. I expect more from both of you. Next time try to do something more than just go at each other’s throats, but I feel that because you failed at utilizing the setting, there was nothing more left to do. Nobody gets the advantage here.

DIALOGUE - 5:6

My first reaction to the dialogue was that you went totally overboard with it. But after considering the types of your characters, I realized that perhaps this is not so. Regal is a prick. He acts like a prick and it’s only natural that he talks like a prick as well. Trago, on the other hand, is a huge beast, and it’s not surprising that he talks down to everybody he meets. There was, however, too much talking from time to time. Not the DBZ kind of talking, but still enough to hurt the pacing a bit. Also, Trago, if your character is whispering to himself, there’s no use to put that line in italics, which are most often used for unspoken dialogue. Advantage once again goes to Unfulfilled, because at times Trago didn’t seem like himself. Like at the very end, when he was all cool about losing his eye.

ACTION - 4:5

Two things stuck out the most here for me. One, the aforementioned flight which took way too long. Freefalling lasts a couple of seconds and I’m pretty damn certain it’s difficult to form a single coherent thought during that time, let alone a string of them. He also yawns during this fall. Yawns. While freefalling. And two, there’s Trago’s death. So we have here a prolonged falling sequence and Trago still fails to find the time to get his mug out of the way? Or burn him off the sky? Unrealistic, and not in a good, fantasy way. Other than that, the action was pretty straightforward. I very much liked Regal’s conclusion and how his bad eye sight made him believe there were cheering masses awaiting him, so he gets the advantage here.

PERSONA – 3:6

Trago, there is something you should always keep in mind when you’re writing this particular character. He’s millions of years old. He’s bound to have acquired some degree of knowledge and wisdom during such times. So it’s rather unlike for somebody who’s millions of years old to act like a teen, saying that the fight was fun and that it’s was cool that he lost an eye that he had for millions of years now. Acting patronizing towards those around him, that’s the way to go with such characters, because they really do know more than majority of people they meet. Regal was his usual self here, kicking ass and calling people names. There are moments when you go a bit overboard, but I guess Regal is that kind of a guy.

MECHANICS – 4:7

Plenty of mistakes in this one, I’m afraid, though it got better as the thread progressed. Still, Trago, there were a lot of places where your capitalization was wrong, mostly after commas where you tend to capitalize the next word even though you shouldn’t. Also, you occasionally shift tenses in a single sentence. Example:
All over, the only thing in this arena was a large mountain, other then that nothing is in sight.There are several things wrong with this sentence. If you prefer to keep writing in the present tense (which you do most of the time), then this should’ve been:
All over, the only thing in this arena is a large mountain; other than that nothing is in sight. But that entire sentence could’ve been done better.
There is nothing in sight in this arena save a large mountain.See, that way you kick out all the unnecessary, redundant words and keep the simple gist of it. Also, don’t refer to your character as “Trago” all the time. For start, just start using “he” as a substitute every other time and already you won’t repeat his name that many times.

Regal, you did significantly better here, but you occasionally misplace commas, especially in dialogue. Like when you refer to Trago as “repulsive over size(d) bag of filth”. There are also a few wrong words here and there, nothing a re-read wouldn’t fix.

TECHNIQUE - 3:4

Not too much of it in this one, I’m afraid. Trago, I advise you not to use numbers in your narrative, especially when you describe something. Saying that something is “11 feet tall” is just sloppy, lazy writing. Why not instead say that it was “as tall as a two-story house” or something like that? It’s so simple and it breathes more life into your writing than just bland numbers. Unfulfilled, you also could’ve put a put more effort into this one, but I guess technique is another thing that suffered from bad setting.

CLARITY – 6:6

Rather good. At times, action seemed a bit confusing at times, but all in all it read easily. I’m not giving a higher score here because the flow of the battle wasn’t particularly demanding and therefore it wasn’t hard to make it all seem clear.

WILD CARD – 7:6

Trago, I feel that this judgment has been perhaps a bit hard on you, but you shouldn’t be discouraged by the numbers. It was a good effort and you did take on one of the Althanas veterans (on an alternate account), so don’t feel bad about it. I am certain that you can and will improve in the future.

FINAL SCORE – 43:53

Unfulfilled is the victor!
Congratulations to you both!

SPOILS:
Unfullfilled gets 500 EXP, 250 GP and the eternal admiration of his "fans".
Trago gets 150 EXP, 100 GP and a glass eye.

Taskmienster
03-08-09, 03:58 PM
Exp and GP added!