PDA

View Full Version : Scourge of the Red Ship (closed to Bandit Brother and Drago Tenmatsu)

shinigami_90
02-09-09, 02:15 PM
Title: Scourge of the Red Ship
Description: A new pirate ship has begun terrorizing the commerce of Scara Brae. Known only as the “Red Ship” due to the color of its hull, they say it was constructed from stolen wood from the Red Forest of Raiaera. The vessel’s bold captain is wanted dead by more than one group. The local law enforcement has stated that the Red Ship must be destroyed at all costs, the pirate Captain Gurtz Danager wants this new upstart gone to remove competition, and a handful of particularly wealthy merchants are willing to pay handsomely any mercenary who can capture this valuable ship for them.

Today was like any other day for Zaith Tenimi. Long, hot, and boring. The sun is beating down on him like a thousand suns. Bullets of sweat are falling from his forehead like water from a waterfall. And all he wants is to be out of the sun. Now as he stands on the outskirts of the Scara Brae port. He decides it is time to go to a new part of the continent.

Now Zaith, being an assassin, wears alot of armor. He has the traditional shoulder armor, torso armor, wrist guard armor, and leg and foot armor. His armor is a pitch black steel with a silver outline. On his shoulders he got embedded the face of his best friend Shade. On his chest is another embedded face of Shade; This time with more detail and large enough to cover the torso. His wrist guards covered his whole lower arm, elbow to wrist and then the back of the hand.

His knee and foot armor are a bit of both the shoulder armor and the wrist. Only difference is no face on his leg armor. But enough about Zaith and his looks. In his right hand he holds his only weapon, a steel broad sword; sheathed but gripped so he can be ready for anything.

So he starts walking toward the docks when three armed soldiers approach him. "Excuse us sir, but what are your reasons for comming here today?" The first guard says. Hand on his normal short sword, garbed in like everyday metal on the torso, arms and legs. "Explain now or we lock you up." Zaith looks at them and smiles "Good soldiers, all I am here for is supplies and a boat to another part of the country." He says calmly and smooth. "Well then you won't mind giving us your name?" The first soldier says demanding. "If you must..." Zaith says as he lets out a heavy sigh and continues "My name is Zaith Tenimi." He says looking around trying to spot a tavern or anything for supplies.

"Well Zaith Tenimi, The docks are currently closed due to attacks by The Red Ship" Zaith smiles at this; for it is an oppertunity to get what he wanted without paying.
"Hm I'll make a deal with you guys. I take care of this 'Red Ship' and the docks would open back up right?" The soldiers nod their heads. "Ok deal is, I take care of this ship and I get a free upgrade on my sword. Got it?" the soldiers nod and part ways for Zaith to enter the docks. "Can I use things I find in the docks?" He says as he turns around but to his surprise the guards are gone.

"Ok now that is just odd" Zaith says as he walks toward the Tavern named The Drunken Dragoon. He walks up to the door and hears commotion and rustling about on the inside. So he walks towards the door and slowly pauses it open to see the place full of life and laughter. Zaith walks in slowly, being eyed left and right by everyone in the place. He walks up to the bar and sits, placing his sword at his side and faces the bartender. "Excuse me, do you got anything strong enough to want to forget this day? I might want to come back later." The bartender is an average aged man somewhere in his 40's by the looks of his very blad spot and his beer belly. "Yeah but we don't serve strangers, especially those rude enough to not tell their name." Zaith smirks and stands, grabbing his sword and just walks over to a corner seat and sits, putting his legs up on the table and just sits there, waiting for something interesting to happen today.

Lady Blackwell
02-09-09, 08:52 PM
Max was Having fun, walking through a forest new the scara brae docks randomly cutting off tree limbs with his newly acquainted paralysis touch, he had decided he was going to look for a mercenary mission that needed him to go on a ship over the sea's and the mission was relatively new, and dangerous.

"with great spoils, comes great power" or so he remembered his bandit lord saying to him as he stuck down another bandit of a rival camp.

"Max came through the forest and saw that their, laying infront of him was the port of scarae brae, with the traditional salt smelling air, seagull's chirping and squaking, and those buildings made out of wood looking grey in some parts and green with moss on other's, some standing 3 even 4 floors high and some just a single floor high. but the thing that made max unhappy was the fact he couldn't see no ship, at the dock's or in the horizon.

As Max approached he saw some guards on guard at the path down, as he looked down he saw a pool of water under a water fall and decided he would take his chances with the waterfall instead, he walked over and jumped down, feet first, making a huge splash in the pool as he swam to the top and crawled out.

He shook himself from the shock of the cold water as he started walking to the dock's, once inside he passed a tavern and peered inside, no one of interest in there but a whole bunch of people looking to have a little fun.

If over the years of working as a mercenary had taught him anything, it was every merchan hang out had someone trying to hire someone to do a job, the bandit's had come to call these place's bounty office's

He walked in and got stared at by over 40 men, all wearing outfit's that made them look like they were all merchant's.

"umm anyone got a job, for me to do" Max said as he hestitanly backed away as he bumped into another guy.

"Ya! you can get that damn Red Ship off of our hand's, do what you must with the crew, bu we want the ship, that thing can hold a ton of cargo for us."

"Well get me a ship and i can sure as hell go remove that ship from your trouble list." Max said as he walked out but then stopped and turned around "Get it, to the ports within 2 hours or the deal is off"

Max walked up to the tavern opened the door, and said "I am Maximillian Cannon the dumb ass Who's gunna get rid of the damn Red ship, who's gonna help me?"

Drago Tenmatsu
02-10-09, 02:50 PM
The day had started unlike any other day. Drago Tenmatsu awoke to himself floating on a dingy, a very badly made dingy but strong enough to hold him. Drago sits up straight and looks around and sees nothing for miles and miles. So he decides to lay back down. He lays uncomfertably back the way he was laying, with his back against the mast of the dingy. Painful but it was his best bet.

Hours pass but it feels like only mere moments before waves crashing and the sound of a man barking orders wake Drago. He jumps with a start and almost tips the dingy over. He grabs his scythe in his right hand, it was laying over the edge bout to fall over. He retracts it and readies himself to be attacked. But next thing he sees is this giant red hull comming from behind him. But when he sees this it is too late, the hull hits the dingy and forces Drago to jump. As he jumps off he quickly throws the scythe so it extends and latches onto the ship. He hits the water hard drawing the attention of the whole crew. Next thing you hear is "Bring Em' aboard." and about three of the crew members hit the banister, throwing a rope over for him to grab and be pulled up with.

Once on board some of the cew crew takes his scythe and set it outside of a door. As they do that more of the crew try and struggle to tie his hands behind his back so he can't use them. They succeed eventually. Moments later a very large, very angry man walks out of the door.

The captain is a very sturdy man, looks like late 40's. Long black beard, red coat, all fancy with buttons and badges. his eyes are a deep ocean blue. "Arr, What be ye name?" the man spoke trying to be nice. Drago swallows hard and speaks "My name is Drago Tenmatsu sir." He says very nervously. "Ahh a Dragon ehh? I got me a propsistion for ye. When we come to port, fend off any raiders who try to kill me and or try to take the ship. If you accept you will be able to roam this ship at will. But your weapon will be kept in my cabin for safe reasons till it is needed. Ok?" the captain says getting straight to the point. Drago thinks, having no choice but to accept. "I accept this proposition with my life." Drago says calmly knowing what he is getting himself into. "Arr. Ye are making a smart move Mr. Tenmatsu." and with that said, the captian grabs Drago's scythe and walks back inot his cabin.

Drago Tenmatsu, standing 9ft even. He is a sight to behold, his height is due to the dragon in his blood. His green hair is slicked back like a rich man's, but with black streaks all through it. Now his eyes are out of the ordinary, they are jade green with a yellow rim. His attire is a white trench coat with sleeves for his arms, battered and torn. the shoulders on the coat have spikes on them, the spikes are made of steel. The pants he wear are cargo camouflage. His shoes, all they are is black leather combat boots. and protruding from his back are wings. the wing span when completly open is 20 feet from wing tip to wing tip.
Now we know that this is not the normal attire for a paladin but Drago Tenmatsu was no ordinary paladin. He is the last of his kind, from what he has seen and done. But that does not affect him. But his weapon of choice is his favored scythe, but this one is unique. It is a cross between a snake sword and a scythe. It can stand 7 ft when one piece; and it can reach over 11 when elongated.

First thing Drago does now that he can roam free is find some grub. So he goes down to the kitchen and looks for the chef and asks for a bowl of whatever is best. The chef looks at him nasty and hands him a bowl of leftovers. Drago seems it wont be that good but well he has to eat something soon. Moments pass and he cleans his bowl and rubs his stomach. he says "That was pretty ok, not the best but it was filling" getting up and walking back upstairs towrards the front of the ship watching for anything or ayone who will fight him.

shinigami_90
02-10-09, 04:25 PM
Zaith's eyes shot open as the one named Maximillian Cannon barges into the door and announces that he is gonna get rid of the Red Ship. Zaith takes a stand with his sword at his side and walks over to this Maximillian character.

"So you think you are gonna get to that ship? Well honestly if you are gonna do this, then I have no choice but to join you. See I am after the captain. My job is to kill him or sink the ship, perferably kill him. I can use that ship.. once I get a crew worthy enough to work for me. But alas, I will have no choice but to work with you for now. but I swear you go back on this deal. I'll personally kill you myself."

Saying that, Zaith puts his sword on his belt and walks out the door. "Ehh as long as the payment is suffecient I'll kill him. He seems like a good guy but who knows?" He says as he slowly walks towards the sea. Stopping at the edge of the pier watching out for this 'Red Ship'. "What makes this ship so dangerous anyway?" Zaith says outloud to himself not knowing if anyone could hear him. As by some lucky chance, a young woman appears by his side. She is about 25 years of age. Long blonde hair, emerald green eyes, and curves in all the right places.

She sits beside Zaith and looks at him "That ship is the scourge, they attack anyone who defies them, they sink our trade ships not letting any new supplies to us. They are a savage crew that should be damned to hell for all eternity." Zaith's eyes open as she says this. "Where did this ship come from? Does anyone know?" he says as he looks out to the sea, how it is so calm yet dangerous. "My name is Bethany and they say it was constructed from stolen wood from the Red Forest of Raiaera." Zaith turns to her and smiles. "Gorgeous name Bethany. My name is Zaith.." he says closing his eyes and falling backwards so he is looking straight at the sky. Bethany giggles and smile "Thank you, but I must be going, I have to get back to work." she says as she gets up and heads back towards the tavern. Zaith gets up "May I accompany you mam?" Zaith calmy asks as he comes to a stand.

The wind is blowing more harsh now and towards inland. He thinks to himself "At this rate, they'll be here by nightfall. So we must meet them on their turf, the ocean. Bethany smiles and takes his hand in hers "Thank you Zaith." Bethany says walking along with Zaith at her side bac towrds the tavern. She stops him right outside. "Thank you again." and this time she gave him a quick peck on the lips and walked inside. Zaith follows and finds Maxallian and tells him. "We must be at sea by nightfall. the wind is blowing inland which will quicken their pace."

Lady Blackwell
02-11-09, 07:02 PM
Max Smiled as the very first man got up from a corner across the tavern and spoke.

"Well you have no reason to worry do you?" Max said as the man exited the building, he spent the next few minutes making a mental note of everybody who said they would help as he walked up to the bartender.

"umm let's see a drink you would recommend to me would be?" Max asked as he sat down

"Ahh for you the home made Brew i make for myself" he said as he turned around and picked up a dusty barrel "she doesn't get drank from much so she may be a little stale"

Max stood up and took his drink outdoors as a young woman walked past him and he saw the man out front as he walked in and said that they needed to get going

"My sentiments exactcly!" Max said as he looked out at the Horizon and saw a ship far off "And that" Max said pointing

"Would be our ship" he finished off his drink as he gritted his teeth, that drink was strong. "Men ready your thing's and get Ready For our ship is about ten minutes away"

Max slowly walked down towards the Dock as the Men in the Tavern came Bustling out and running home.

"You!" he said pointing at the other man "Your with me, me and you are running that Ship, and if we capture it, your piloting this ship back here as i hold off port with the Red Scourge, and What do you know about it?" Max said as he started walking towards the ship to Board.

Drago Tenmatsu
02-12-09, 11:11 AM
The time had come. Drago knew that a battle was not far off; and for that reason he stood at the front of the Red Ship and smiled.

"There is gonna be blood shed today I know it" He says loud enough for the two closest crew members to hear him. They walk over and stand on both sides of him. The one on his right in a red shirt, torn up and ripped with blue pants the same, torn and ripped with sad mistakes for shoes. On his left stands a better dressed man. he stands in a green dress shirt and like the other man blue pants, but his were clean and like new. So the man on the right speaks "How do you know there will be blood shed today? There ain't a ship for miles."

Drago takes that as an insult and looks at the man uneasy "Listen to your elders little boy. I'm old enough to know when a day holds blood shed. And today is one of those days." The man on Drago's left raises his eyebrows and gets a look of 'oh shit he's pissed.'

Drago knows better so he restrains himself and goes for a walk around the ship to cool off.Leaving those two men to either get abck to work or get in deep shit with the cap'n.
"Now I see why people become pirates- no one can stand them anymore. Haha" He says as he walks slowly towards the back of the ship, eyes on him as he walks past the crew.

Drago notices and doesn't care anymore actually. This bump might actually help him out with his real quest. To kill his family. they banished him and now he wants revenge.

He walks to the back of the ship and flys on top of the captains quarters so he can get a better view. "Ahh the view is so much better back here."

shinigami_90
02-15-09, 04:00 PM
Zaith had noticed the man known as Max promised he wont turn his back on Zaith. He went to the door and smiled as he said and pointed out to see as a ship came into view on the horizon. "And that would be our ship. Men ready your thing's and get Ready For our ship is about ten minutes away" is the next words spoken from the 'ringleader' of this brigand of men and fighters.

"You!" Zaith's eyes widened as he pointed to him. Zaith smirked as Max also said "Your with me, me and you are running that Ship, and if we capture it, your piloting this ship back here as i hold off port with the Red Scourge, and What do you know about it?" Max said as he walks towards him.

Zaith smiled and put his right arm on Max's left shoulder. "Well I know That ship is vile and damned ship. they attack anyone who defies them, they sink our trade ships not letting any new supplies to the town here. They also say it was constructed from stolen wood from the Red Forest of Raiaera.So it should be treated with respect once we get it in our hands."

Zaith went inside the tavern and purchased a few things. He purchased a to-go bottle of ale. On his way out of the tavern he looked down and saw a shiny stone "Aha I can use this to sharpen my sword." He says as he puts the stone in his pouch on his side, along with the ale and his other utensils.

~~10 minutes later~~

Zaith walks up to the dock as their ship, the Envoy had docked and is ready to be boarded. The ship looked about 30 feet long from tip to rear. The wood used was a casual brown with a yellow poop deck. As he boards, he notices the men helping load supplies like food and water on board. Some men were busy working on the sails. Others were down in the kitchen putting things away. "Aha this is a fine ship. We shall treat her good as if she is our own mother right men?" Zaith says as he walks up to the rudder controls and stands by it and looks down to the crew hard at work. The men who heard all reply "Aye sir." as they get back to work.

Lady Blackwell
02-15-09, 10:17 PM
"Raiaera eh? well then we best not damage her at all, she will be somewhat difficult to repair" Max said as he grabbed some rope he had found on the side of the road and a small anchor, maybe used for a small fishing boat, tied to one end. "Perfect!"

Max casually walked down to the Dock's

Ten minutes later as the crew finished loading Supplies Max was below deck throwing all the cannons he could find over board, and as he got to the top deck, found one more, but decided to keep it, for it may be handy

As he walked back along the path he yelled out all aboard, as he drew up the plank and as he marched up to the rudder control's yelled out, "Drop the Mainsail, and ready your boarding crew, we are boarding the Red Scourge"

and at that the Sail's were dropped and the Envoy started it's journey off to find the Red Scourge.

Nightfall

"Well it looks like we can stay here, we're just off the shore quite a bit to draw attention if the red scourge approached, but also far off as the towns people don't see us." Max said as he grabbed his grapling hook and headed for the captain's quarter's as he Heard

"Red Scourge off the Port bow, she's coming straight for us" Max grinned as he readied the one cannon he had left aboard, and as he saw the front of the ship he saw a figure standing there.

"One less to deal with when we board" max said as he launched the dual cannon ball at the figure at the front. the cannons spun and spun as the chain inbetween them refused to let either one go, and before he could see what happened, The crew came running at him with a pissed off look on their face, regarding they had no cannon's no means to defend themselves.

"Men think about it, if we damage that ship we have to go back to raiaera to get the wood to repair, the sacred home of the elves, do you really want to go there and fight there ship's and possibly sink the red scourge all together? That ship shall be mine by day break i swear it!"

"You!" Max said pointing at Zaith, get your group of men ready, we need to get aboard as soon as possible."

Meanwhile Max packed his Grappling hook into the cannon and aimed for the Scourges Crow's nest.

Drago Tenmatsu
02-19-09, 08:44 PM
Drago Tenmatsu stood on top of the captian's quarters and stood there, scythe in hand; ready to spill the blood of the inoocent. He closed his eyes and imagined his pray massacered at his feet. He smirked at the idea and opened his eyes to see a vague object in the distance. "Hahaha, they're here. Get the captain and tell him we have company." Drago says as he jumps forward and lands with a loud thud. One crew member, the one who asked him how he knew blood was gonna be spilt ran to the captain's quarters barging in. "Captain, enemy off the port bow. They must be the ones who are gonna try to stop us." The man says nearly out of breath.

The captain, rises from his chair and looks to his right and grabs his sword and lifts it up in his right hand. He smiles an evil grin, revealing his old, toothless mouth. The captain walks out with a limp, and raised his swrod up. The crew follows suit. "Ok men, we have an enemy vessel approaching from the port bow and we have the advantage, the wind is with us not them.So boys, this fight may be over before it started."

Drago stood at the port of the ship as the waves crashed, the wind whistling. He looks to the sky and closes his eyes while breathing heavily. His scythe in his right hand, extended to deflect any long range fire power they might have. His outfit rustling with the wind. The captain and the crew take their positions with the fore and aft cannons. "Ready the cannons boys. Fire when they are in range. And don't let up on the fire either boys." so says the captain as he goes to to the bow and stands,awaiting any boarders.