Innocent_Fun
02-12-09, 10:06 PM
Name: Blight Hyde
Race: Human
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Height: 6'1
Weight: 141lbs

Appearance: His black hair hangs just a little past his ears and eyebrows. His face, as well as the rest of his body, is pale and sickly. His eye's are round and bulged with large black bags under them due to lack of sleep. The rest of his body is slim and frail looking and riddled with scars and deep lacerations in multiple areas. Both arms are rigged with rusty steel gauntlets that form into claws at the hands. His Armor, or lack thereof, is nothing but a rugged looking leather torso piece and pants. As for his feet, he is normally seen barefoot in public.

Personality: To put it quite frankly, he is insane. He speaks to himself, constantly smiling, never sleeps, and kills only for pure amusement. He has a job as an assassin but only when he feels the urge. Most of his time is spent searching the world of Althanas for worthy warriors to kill. Due to the fact that he was cut off from human contact for ten years, he is known to speak not only to himself but to people that may not even be there.

Weapon: Rusty steel claws and the numbing poison that flows in his blood. The poison in his blood can be soaked into a persons skin but doesn't have much affect. If he soaks his weapon with his blood and manages to cut the enemy the effect of it is increased. ((Skin contact with his blood lasts as long as a single post but when his blood comes in contact with the enemies blood the effect last as long as two posts.))

((Note about his poison. Due to the fact that he gives himself the poison constantly on a daily basis, he has built up a mild immunity. He can move his body but has no feeling in it. This can be a double-edged sword however because while he won't flinch or cringe when he is struck, he fails to understand his own limits until it's too late. The normal effects of the poison is numbing which normally creates a loss of reaction speed and power in the struck limb. He is still addicted to the poison and if time goes by that he can't get a hold of it, he will begin to suffer from withdraw. This will make him a bit more aggressive in battle but does nothing to affect his combat skill.))

Skills:
Acrobatics-above average
Speed-above average
Strength-below average
Defense-below average
((No form of magic or long range weapons as of yet))

((Brief overview of fighting style. He doesn't fight with strength, only his speed and acrobatics. His style of fighting is to inflict minor blows with his claws that numb the enemy. He draws fights out by not making fatal attempts unless he is bored. To coat his claws with poison, he will often self inflict wounds to himself during battle. It's his insane personality that leads him to make such irrational decisions in battle.))

History: Blight was born and raised in a normal home. His story didn't get started until he was eleven, when a local military destroyed his home. He was struck with a poison arrow that contained a numbing poison. He collapsed and awoke in a prison. The first couple of years were hell. He was tortured and beaten on a regular basis and treated as a neglected pet. He was kept away from everyone and soldiers would take turns taking out there frustrations on him.

One soldier felt a mild sense of sympathy for him but knew that he could do nothing to release him. Instead, he would inject the boy with the same poison that was on the poison arrow. Every morning he would do this and throughout the day he felt nothing. The beatings felt like nothing but a touch, the whips felt like feathers, and his emotions were as solid as stone.

However, the poison was much like a drug and, like most drugs, it was addictive. Blight began to yearn for his daily dosage and it began to affect his mentally. His solid stone personality began to change as his body began to build an immunity to the poison. It destroyed his nerves and soon the dosages were no longer needed. He began to miss the feeling of pain and taunted the guards to make there blows harder. He still felt nothing, he began to inflict pain on himself in his spare time but no matter how deep the wound went, he still felt nothing.

He was twenty-one when the castle was seized and he was finally released. He escaped during the confusion and has been living life as a homeless man. He would kill wanderers for no reason to feel the rush but soon they weren't enough to keep him content. He vowed to search out only the most powerful to kill. Two years have passed since then......

Familiar: Though it's not really someone, he is constantly speaking to someone when he isn't speaking to himself. He will carry on conversations with them and sometimes refers to himself as "we". It could be something like an invisible friend.

Viola Conda
02-13-09, 02:34 AM
Hello there and welcome to Althanas! First off I'd like to say that this character has a very intriguing history and I'm sure you'll go far. Before that though I need to discuss a few things.

First off I need you to separate your skills and give me a basic idea of how skilled you are in each category. For instance: are you above average at acrobatics, or just an average joe. Have you wielded your blades long enough to know how to use them more effectively than the average person or are you below average due to your own unique style that you plan to upgrade as you develop.

Secondly can you elaborate on exactly what the poison does when you coat it in your own blood? You stated it is mostly harmless when it isn't soaked in your own blood, but if it was then what would the player expect so he can reply in his post to the effects correctly?

Please edit in these changes and we can get you on your way.

Innocent_Fun
02-13-09, 01:24 PM
Changes made, I tryed to think of a good way to explain the poison better but if you still have any questions about it then please ask. Also, I failed to mention that he still takes the poison because he is addicted to it. The poison is in his blood but he has to draw the blood out of his body to obtain it but he tends to go over the top with it and can damage his own body badly in the process. Please let me know if you have any advice or suggestions on how I can make my character better or if you think I am over powering him just a bit.

Viola Conda
02-14-09, 01:57 AM
I'm still a little unclear of the poison. Do you just have the poison numb the area that is affected or does it actually weaken the opponent?

As for the additional character quirk about needing the poison, if you want that to be a weakness for your character than I'd suggest putting that in the profile. Please make these changes and I'd be happy to approve you.

Innocent_Fun
02-14-09, 11:27 AM
I made the changes to his weakness however I'm not sure how else to explain the poison anymore then I have. The poison is all ready in his system due to constant use. If he wants to use it against the enemy he has to self inflict a wound or use a previous one given to him by the enemy. Once he puts his own blood on his weapon, if he can put it on the enemies skin or inflict a wound it will create a numbing feeling that affects the enemies strength and reaction speed in the body part that was struck. The numbing is similar to the shots you would get if you have ever had surgery. I had it done to my arm before and it almost felt like my arm wasn't there and I felt as though it wasn't working the way I wanted it to, that was the feeling I was going for when I made this poison.

Viola Conda
02-14-09, 02:18 PM
That's all i needed to know. What it did to the opponent. Final thing is how long will effect the character when struck?

Innocent_Fun
02-14-09, 10:54 PM
The description of the duration is on the same section as his weapon. It's one post if he can get it on the enemies skin and two posts if he can get it there body. If I had to give it a time length then I would say 5 minutes for skin contact and 10 minutes if it's in there blood stream.

Viola Conda
02-15-09, 12:36 PM
Ok, approved. Thank you and go out and have fun!