PDA

View Full Version : Round Two: The Whole Glory vs. Penumbra Intersect

Shadowed
02-23-09, 09:58 AM
I hope you don't mind me posting my response to your PM here, Jericho; I prefer this to PMs, as it lets all parties involved see without having to worry about sending info to one person that doesn't get to another.

Speaking for myself, I prefer strategy over straight hack-and-slash battles; to reference another thread I'm involved in, with Ebivoulya, we work together to determine general waypoints as the thread progresses, leaving the specifics open to the writer. I'd like to keep it as that, as I write purely by instinct - I'm not fond of having to reach any point too specific as to make it unnatural.

I haven't spoken to Logopolis yet since receiving your message, so this is just from me. As you probably gathered from my post, Honuse Relaiyent is a very straight-forward character in regards to getting the show on the road. One of the things I'm trying to play up to is having him utilize Till despite his own reluctance; not so much to make it wind up that he realizes Till is a good companion, but rather with the intention of proving that Till would just slow him down, to give him a reason to have words with Thor upon his return. Concerning your team, just realize that from an IC perspective that you would never actually know except from OOC, our goal is your total annihilation. Our characters will never speak to yours, and won't even understand anything you say, so in-character interaction is limited to combat.

As for Logopolis posting next, I have no problem if he doesn't. However, I'm uncertain of his school situation at the moment, so if for whatever reason he can't post in a day or two, I think it'd be best if one of you were prepared to step up and get a post in, to keep this moving. I don't have any love of fixed posting orders, so if someone lags behind by more than two days between posts, I'd like to have it agreed that the next person who can realistically post should post, unless the late person gives a time to expect their post (soon). Similarly, if we wind up breaking off into 1v1 and 1v1, I'd like to permit each pair to post whenever they please, switching off between the two in the pair. For example, if I wind up fighting Kyros alone, he can post, then me, then him, without waiting for Logopolis and Jericho to post.

Moving merrily along, I've no problem with editing for typos after the fact; the only thing I'd prefer is that no one corrects continuity mistakes. Such would be if, say in this case, I wrote my post with it being night, and your entire post sets it at mid-afternoon. That'd fall under a "your bad" clause in my book. I'd greatly like to get this thread going, and keep it moving, so I'll try to get a hold of Logopolis and see what the plan is.

Best of luck.

Jericho
02-23-09, 12:31 PM
This works too!

to reference another thread I'm involved in, with Ebivoulya, we work together to determine general waypoints as the thread progresses, leaving the specifics open to the writer. I'd like to keep it as that, as I write purely by instinct - I'm not fond of having to reach any point too specific as to make it unnatural.
Ditto.

Concerning your team, just realize that from an IC perspective that you would never actually know except from OOC, our goal is your total annihilation. Our characters will never speak to yours, and won't even understand anything you say, so in-character interaction is limited to combat.
Heh. I got that vibe from your exchange with Aralak. That actually works splendidly with the dynamic I'm hoping to create with Jericho.

By way of setting a general plan out, considering what you're trying to do with Till, I feel like it would be better if we attempted not to break into two 1v1 pairs--or, maybe not. Nearer to the end of the thread, I'd rather like to get Jericho and Honuse going one on one, because it is my general plan that Jericho get crushed to a pulp and brutally killed at thread's end. :) So in regards to that, I also hope we manage to write this thing out to its end, because writing my remorseful elkin's death will just be deliciously fun!

Kryos should pop in here shortly to set some things up with you for his initial post; I'll start working on our intro. Let us know whatever you hear from Logopolis, and thanks for the quick reply!

Shadowed
02-23-09, 05:06 PM
Just spoke to Logopolis; he'll be 2-3 days at present, due to sickness + school. So, seeing as how for all intents and purposes you know his general location, the two of you can both post and get set up.

The way I'd like to start out is, however you guys decide to make an entrance, realize that we're just chillin' in the jungle with some vague idea that you're around. We don't know who you are, and we don't care, but we'll kill you all the same. So end your posts at least making your presence relatively close to ours, if you don't want to actually have us make contact yet. Other than that, knock yourselves out. If you want to attack us, go ahead, if not, we'll likely attack you at the start of our next go.

Edit: As far as 1v1 goes, I wouldn't mind diverging either near the end, or near the middle, with the return together coming at the end to result in your spectacular death, if that's what you're interested in doing. Or no 1v1; I was just using that as an example in case it happened.

Kryos
02-23-09, 06:56 PM
Well, this sounds very exciting. This will no doubt be an extremely interesting match.

Unfortuanately, I'm killer swamped right now, but I've talked to Jericho and hopefully I'll be able to get one up shortly after him. I do hope we can finish this battle. How cool would that be.

One other question, though. For the sake of pacing, what is everyone's stands on bunnying? I myself find that limited bunnying, with approval of course, works best, instead of character A swing his swor, then character B posting that he deflects the blow and then stricking with his own ax, then going back to character A. Such is long and tedius and kills the flow. I perfer that we can bunny a little and change things at the character's author's request. But that is just me and Jericho. What do you all think?

Shadowed
02-23-09, 07:14 PM
I actually like being able to work out a bit of action in a post; but really, it depends on a case-by-case basis. I'm usually on at least once or twice a day, so if you feel that bunnying would help, just post what you need here.

Kryos
03-01-09, 01:28 AM
I feel I must apologize. I have had no contact with Jericho for the past two days now, and it is really making me worried. If I don't get ahold of him by morning, I'm calling. He has a post in the works, and I've seen some of it myself, I just don't know where he has been. Sorry for the delay, as I was so hopeful this wouldn't happen this round. Hopefully, Jericho will post, and then I'll get on up shortly thereafter. Sorry again.

On a similar note, Shadowed, have you heard from your partner yet?

Shadowed
03-01-09, 01:51 PM
He said he'll be wednesday at the earliest.

Kryos
03-02-09, 12:12 AM
Aha! I finally found Jericho. His family, and I mean his entire family, was visiting him at college, so he didn't have computer time to spare. Hopefully he'll post tonight, and if not, tomorrow. I'll be up by Tuesday, and then we can get rocking. sorry for the delay, and hopefully we can still finish the battle.

Jericho
03-05-09, 05:04 AM
Guh.

My apologies, all. Life sorta collapsed on me. My future responses will be much more punctual.

Kryos is just about through his post--it'll be up tomorrow by 5pm EST. He'll write us into the jungle and up to you two, so once Logopolis is available, we can start beating each other with blunt objects. :)

Shadowed
03-06-09, 12:52 PM
Excellent posts, guys. However, we've run into another snag.

Logopolis is so busy with school I don't think he'll be able to continue. I'm trying to get a hold of him now to finalize this. As switching partners at the last moment is difficult and the round is already halfway up, I asked Christoph permission to do something different. Normally, the scores of the two members in a team are averaged together; if my partner doesn't post, I'd get averaged with 0, meaning a score of 50 at best. So - and this is entirely based upon you agreeing or not - with your permission I'll take this round solo, kill off/lose my partner, and my score will be compared to whoever of you two scores highest. So if, say, I score a 70, Jericho scores a 72, and Kyros scores a 68, my score would be compared to Jericho's, and I'd lose.

I really want to see this thread get going, so get back to me as soon as you can. If you both agree, I'll get a post up as soon as I can, and we'll keep going.

Kryos
03-06-09, 10:12 PM
I understand your predicament, and the ill way things turned out. But that is fine with myself, and most likely Jericho, if you go solo. I'm a little reserved about the highest of our two scores is the overall score, as that means the the lesser scoring person has no influence, but I don't think that matters as much right now. We can deal with that as we go, but the thing is, we need to go. So, you are cleared by me to go solo, if that is what you want.

Shadowed
03-06-09, 10:19 PM
Well, good teamwork will raise your score, especially in the interaction and action categories. So the teammate will still be important.

But yeah, I have a new partner lined up, but he'll be away for a few days. So once Jericho weighs in I'll get a post up.

Shadowed
03-07-09, 12:05 AM
Quick question. Do you guys mind me saying that you're within a few hundred feet of Honuse? You apparently weren't close enough to detect them when you ended your posts; I have a strategy in mind that doesn't require you guys to be within sight, but to get things started I need you within a few hundred feet.

Kryos
03-07-09, 01:43 AM
I believe Kryos' detection range is a 375 foot radius, so he'll notice pretty quickly if you get in that range. But, use what we have given to the best of your ability. We are moving in a direction, for why, our characters are not sure. Such is the way of the One. So, use it as you will. They could be moving right at you, or pass by you. Just know that once you get in Kryos' range, he'll know where you are fairly quickly.

Also, a note on that. He won't be able to tell exactly where you are at that distance, but he'll know in what direction and about how far you are. The closer you get, the better of an idea he will have.

Also, if I get a hold of Jericho before he gets on, I'll drop a note by. But I'm sure he won't have an issue with it. You could probably start a post up at your convienence.

Kryos
03-08-09, 03:48 PM
Sorry for the delay. I just called Jericho, and he said that is fine. So, GO GO GO! Man, now I feel horrid. We were all excited to get this completely done, but now we have a week to go, and three posts actually up. Maybe we can still do it in a week. If we get to 12 posts, maybe we can wrap it up by then. That is like, what, 3 posts from each of us? That breaks down to almost 2 posts per day. You all feeling up for it? I'm ready. And again, apologies.

Shadowed
03-08-09, 04:36 PM
Logopolis says:
Sorry to bail on you, but I'm out.

Got confirmation from my partner; he's out. So, with Jericho's approval, my post is now up. What you need to know:

I had you around 500 feet when I attacked; the attack was designed to make a square wall of trees around you, about a hundred feet by a hundred feet. The wall was then set on fire. I made no mention of you within it after saying that the trees fell around you, so you've got quite a bit of leeway on how you handle it. I made sure not to bunny anything about that.

Also, I bunnied Logopolis' character for this post, but since he's gone, I want him dead. So, if you can manage it, find a way to attack him in your next posts (either of you) and I'll write in his actual death.

Edit:

Since we're now doing 1v2, if at any time you want to rotate posting in terms if teams (say, Kyros posts, then I post, then Jericho posts, then I post, etc) just let me know.

Kryos
03-08-09, 08:21 PM
Looks good, and we'll get working ASAP. However, attacking Logopolis will be difficult, as our new "cage" seems to be pretty well made and hard to escape. Unfortuantely, we are in it, and Logopolis is outside of it. Kind of hard to attack. And with you being hidden in the environment, it is hard to see how we can get attacking started. Maybe Jericho will have an idea. Either way, hopefully we can get a post up tomorrow.

Shadowed
03-08-09, 08:26 PM
If you want, have either of you post getting you guys out of the cage, and I'll do a short post dropping Till out of the tree to engage you.

Kryos
03-08-09, 08:29 PM
Perhaps. Ohh, this could become very interesting. Hehe.

Either way, we'll get up soon. And thanks for sticking up with us, and being so prompt.

Kryos
03-10-09, 06:02 AM
Shadowed,

For the sake of not sending you another PM, (sorry again), I want to let you know that the explosion at the end didn't kill either of them. I wanted it to be so that Till caught would be really wounded from it, but Kryos not as much, since the stone was closer to Till than Kryos. Hope that works.

Opps. I forgot to write in my post. Till catches fire. hope that is okay, and I, of course, will change if bunnies need to be changed.

Shadowed
03-10-09, 08:15 AM
Don't bother sending it to me in PMs; just post. I can't always get on regularly enough to approve everything you write. Just post it, and you can always edit later.

Edit:

Erm. So I'm reading your post, and am quite confused.

"nor the empty eyes that stared out toward the distance" - Empty eyes? Till's hooded, you shouldn't be able to see his eyes at all, nevermind the fact that it's pitch black. Can you see in the dark? You also seem to be describing Honuse Relaiyent's lack of eyes.

"Fate humored him, ensuring his safe arrival at his destination without the notice of his foe to the best of his reckoning." - As I mentioned, Till lived most of his life underground. He has near-perfect night vision, and by my count you took almost five minutes to get to him. He would have seen you coming the entire way.

"He stood well over seven feet and his face was a mask of death. Features sunken in like a corpse, and skin as pale as the steel he wielded, his adversary towered over the dwiilar." - His eyes are grey, and his skin is blueish because he's supposed to look like a corpse. Just an fyi on what he looks like.

I also told you not to use any of his stones, yet you did. Not to mention the fact that you used them completely and totally wrong, in every sense of the word.

Kryos
03-10-09, 01:05 PM
And hence comes the trouble with a person dropping out, thus leaving it to the remain players to deal with it.

Yes, Kryos can see very well in the dark, better than elves can, so he would be able to see him. Also, with the lightning flashes, it would give Kryos ample chance to see beyond the darkness of his hood.

I said "empty eyes" to describe the fact that they were colorless, as Kryos doesn't even see where Honuse is. But perhaps you're right. Perhaps I'll make an edit.

As for five minutes getting to him, that could be true. However, I seriously doubt even Till could see me in the "fire trap" that you guys created. That and the fact that Kryos was coming towards them at a slight tangent, not a direct line. He wears mostly black colors, and he's nimble, so it would be as if he's making a racket coming towards him. So I think I'm justified in sneaking up to at least the point where Kryos spots Till.

However, your next issue does point to a problem. But my description is still fine. In the darkness, it would appear that Till's skin would be more gray than blue. But, if you still want me to change, I will.

However, the thing is, how is Kryos, realistically, supposed to defeat Till? I know I killed the whole stone thing, but honestly, I had no real idea how they worked. Sue me. So, I will change it so he doesn't, but how am I supposed to beat him? I mean, he has a foot and a half over Kryos, and two bladed weapons. Unless if you were going with the skill at the blade along, in which I could change it. But I do agree. Sneaking totally up to Till seemed unlikely, but I had NO IDEA how to have Till react. So say that Kryos is sneaking toward him and is, oh, 50-60 feet away before he notices (give Kryos some credit, now). How would Till react? would he roar, jump down, and rush? Or what exactly? Oh, there's an idea. That could work.

Quick question. Would the holy enchantment on Kryos' blade affect Till any more than normal steel? Or does holy magic not affect him at all?

Let me know, and I'll see what I can do. Oh, and I also PM'ed you because Jericho's post is before mine, so he needs to post before I. That is why I PM'ed you so you could start working on your own. And remember, about the time that Kryos and Till begin fighting, Jericho is honing in on your position, vaguely.

thanks, and hopefully we can get this smoothed over.

Shadowed
03-10-09, 01:27 PM
Yeah, the first few points were just clarification, really. I didn't know how well you could see. But also, imagining that you could see Till fairly clearly without him being able to see you is rather absurd; even coming at an angle, the trap wasn't that wide. You'd still be in his range of vision. The description isn't as big a deal, more pointing it out for future reference.

In regards to Till's tactics, he's more the observant, intelligent type. He doesn't rush into combat like Honuse does; he waits, observes, and strikes when he finds your weakness. But he's also honorable, so he'd likely jump down to engage you once he saw you coming. No roar and charge, but quietly walking up to you. As for holy magic, well. That's a bit of a contention with me and the designer of Till. We both feel that 'holy magic' is frankly bullshit (Not to troll you or anything, this is from our experiences on our own forum). So, well, it would depend on how your holy magic works. Till isn't actually some kind of heathen zombie, so I imagine it'd work the same as it does on any other normal person.

The biggest thing to know about Till is his cunning. Like I said, he'll play it defensively until he can kill you in a single strike. So, to defeat him, use trickery. Go in with a very heavy, aggressive attack style, then feign another heavy blow and switch to a nimble riposte. His polearm is admittedly better on offense than defense, and depending on the position of his hands it can be hard to block a stab. So work that in, and you should be good to go. If you really want to use a stone to make an explosive, have him prepare it when he sees you, but hides it away as a backup. Then he can pull it out and you do whatever.

Kryos
03-10-09, 01:46 PM
ahh, blessed light in the veils of darkness.

Thank you for illuminating all of that, Shadowed. Now I have a much better idea of what do to. And I'll probably just scrap the stone deal, since I still don't really get it.

Also, with his holy enchantment, anything that is of necromantic or very dark origin would be affected, so there would probably be no effect on Till. So no worries. And thanks for the suggestion on tactics. I now feel somewhat confident that I can get it. Thanks.

Kryos
03-11-09, 10:25 PM
Shadowed, there has been a change of plans. Jericho is in the mists of Finals chaos, hence the delay. So I will be re-working mine to include your trap, my leaving Jericho and escaping, to the battle with Till. Jericho's actions will remain the same though, I'm just changing mine so that I can post and then you can come in with Till.

Thanks, and I'll have it up either tonight or tomorrow.

Shadowed
03-13-09, 09:19 AM
Read your post, looks pretty good. How far is Jericho from getting his own post up? I might not be able to respond at once; the touchpad on my laptop just died, and I'm on spring break next week, so my internet access will be severely limited until I can get a USB mouse. So I should be able to get a post up within a day or two of Jericho.

Kryos
03-13-09, 12:53 PM
Yeah, about that. Unfortuanately, it seems like this round progressed much quicker than round 1, because our thread will close at 11:59 PM on Sunday, EST. Which means we have like, three days left. This round hasn't been as active as last. What I would give for a week extension, but, rules are rules.

Another trick that fate has decided to play is the timing for this round, as it is falling right before Spring Break. It doesn't affect me, but Jericho is on a Trimester schedual, so he has finals next week and final projects this week, so the pre-spring break cram has been in full tilt.

Because of this, I'm not sure when he'll get a post up. What I thought would be best were for you to post now, and just focus with Till and maybe Honuse. I think Jericho still wants to do his escape and then get a tingling by the tree where you are holed up in, but this way we you can get a post in now and give him a tad more leeway, if you could even call it that. I'll try to get in touch with him today and see what the scoop is. From the looks of it, he has one class left of the semester, early this afternoon, then just his finals next week. Translation: CRAM! But hopefully he'll be able to find some time for a post or two before sunday night.

Oh, here's a possible posting order, starting after the one I just posted: Shadowed, Jericho, Shadowed, Kryos, Shadowed, Jericho, Shadowed, Kryos. Hmm. That is a lot for Shadowed. We could do it differently, but in this way, it would be showing the action good. And it would make the climax really close and condensed in posts. But whatever. Maybe we could get rid of the third "Shadowed" post, and go from me rushing to Jericho's aid and then to his last one, to save the redundancy of Shadowed just fighting. And if we do that, then we'll hit the 12 post minimum and be able to finish it.

Let me know, and I'll try to have a status update soon.

Shadowed
03-13-09, 05:17 PM
Disregard the bit about my mouse; I broke my Jewness and bought a USB mouse. Expect a post tonight. In terms of the round being short, this makes an interesting predicament; technically, I'd win the round automatically, as I've posted at every opportunity. But on another technicality, I have less posts; while I need half as many as I'm currently a one-man team, there's the flip side technicality that my team has less total posts, so then I'd lose. I'd hate for either of us to be automatically disqualified on such a count. Perhaps we could ask for a regular judgment. I also don't know which way it would go.

Kryos
03-13-09, 07:56 PM
That is what I'm hoping, as our match does have the most posts. I don't think it will be a problem if we let the admins know that, because of Logopolis droping out, it makes a predicament.

And yes, if we are judged (let's hope for the best), I'm not sure who'd win. We are very good writers, the three of us, so that seems like the only fair way. Of course, I really want to win, though the actual winner is anyone's guess.

Still no contact with Jericho, though I've been gone a lot today. Hopefully he'll come on later. And if we can do the posting order I suggested, it is a post per day for all of us. How cool would that be if we could get 12 posts and finish it all.

Shadowed
03-14-09, 02:50 AM
Post is up. I couldn't think of much to say, so for the sake of story I wrote the first section as the reaction to his death, then cut into the actual here and now with the second half. So, fire away, Jericho. I'll get a post up as soon as I can once yours is up.

Kryos
03-14-09, 05:03 PM
Ok, Jericho is working on his post. And good news! I didn't realize the the 16th was a monday! So we have until monday at 11:59 PM to finish this, so we have a little long than planned. Silly me.

Jericho
03-15-09, 06:58 PM
Guh.

You know what's not fun?

Finals.

Frickin' quarter system....

So! Post is up.

Shadowed, Jericho isn't hearing from the Voice at the moment, so he has no way of noticing you in the tree. Next move is yours! If you need to bunny Jericho to give you more to work with in your post, that's fine--just let me know what you have in mind. His fighting style is going to be all adrenaline and desperation at the moment. Honuse is not likely to be impressed.

Shadowed
03-15-09, 10:09 PM
Well, erm, all righty then. Seeing as how you're still around five hundred feet away and can't find me anyways, guess it's back to more of the same. I'll get a post up as soon as I can.

Jericho
03-15-09, 10:14 PM
Or not. Would it be helpful if I moved? Let me know what would be most conducive.

Shadowed
03-15-09, 10:21 PM
Well, it'd depend, really. I mean, currently, Honuse has no reason to break cover, as no one's found him yet. And it'd throw off your story to have him suddenly be able to hear the Voice. So, I'll just work something out.

Jericho
03-15-09, 10:28 PM
Mmm, gotcha. Yeah, it'd be helpful for the next few posts if Honuse came out of hiding--Jericho would have more to do than run away from his spellcasting. Kryos planned for his next post to involve his reaction to Honuse' timebomb and return to the battle. So, if your next post involved coming out and knocking Jericho around, then my next post could be his death. We'd be just about at the end of the thread by that point.

If you need any edits in my post for character motivation, let me know!

Shadowed
03-15-09, 10:34 PM
Erm, you do know the round ends in 24 hours, right?

Shadowed
03-15-09, 10:42 PM
Changed my mind. I'm going to write my post with you around fifty feet from the tree, walking up towards Kryos. Feel free to edit that in when you get a chance.

Jericho
03-16-09, 12:58 AM
Edited! Let me know if the new version works.

Shadowed
03-16-09, 10:29 PM
All right, it's short, it's nothing special, but it ought to move the thread along. It served as a catalyst to bring us into a melee phase, which is where this thread was going anyways. In terms of this making sense, with giving me something to do, we have two options.

Option 1: You two both post, working together on some big strat, ending your posts at the same IC time - you're both separate, so you can do that.

Option 2: Kryos takes care of the two attacks around him, sees Honuse standing there, and attacks. I'd need a little bit of room to bunny to give me an opening for Jericho to then come up and attack, and we go from there.

I'm cool with either one, so just let me know what you need from me.

Jericho
03-16-09, 11:05 PM
Ooooh. Your attacks get progressively more awesome! Very nice!

Here's our thoughts:

Unfortunately, I'm afraid Jericho can't really match Honuse for strategy/carefully thought out attacks/or anything more impressive than I've-got-nothing-to-lose brashness at the moment. He's never really had to think through a strategy on his own...ever. With the Voice not guiding him, he's essentially deaf and blind.

I'd prefer it if Jericho dies before or just as Kryos arrives on the scene (if you think that's reasonable; Kryos could easily mention in his next post that during their duel, he and Till moved further into the jungle). That could logistically work a few ways, one of which being:

Post 9: Kryos reacts to the corrosive, sees the explosion, books back
Post 10: I bunny Honuse through a fly-swat with Jericho; Jericho dies
Post 11: Kryos arrives on the scene, engages Honuse (Kryos says you could write this)
Post 12: Kryos dies

Trouble is, there's a good deal of bunnying going on there. If we wanted to shoot for a few extra (but shorter) posts, we could break it up more.

Thoughts?

Shadowed
03-16-09, 11:11 PM
Well, logically, the fight wasn't expanse enough to move it very far off. So here's what we can do. I'd rather not bunny the start of any melee; so, for one thing, assume that you're further away than Kryos. Kryos posts next, runs at me, fight begins. In here, Kryos tells me his basic strat, I tell him what Honuse would do, he can bunny from there. I post, kill Kryos, with feedback on what would happen, etc. You post, seeing your friend die after you recover from the attack, run in, repeat the process. Thread ends, you all die, and we shake hands.

What do you think?

Jericho
03-16-09, 11:43 PM
Ah, good point. It will definitely work better to have them both fighting at once. (More pyrotechnic, too!)

Slight variation:

Post 9: Jericho engages Honuse
Post 10: Enter Kryos
Post 11: Honuse annihilates.
Post 12: Jericho dies.
Post 13: Kryos dies.
<Post 14 if we (hopefully) have time/space: Honuse closes>

Thought on Jericho engaging first being A) Jericho's had the duration of the Till/Kryos battle to walk through the woods, so he's likely fairly close to Honuse, and B) I have a fun idea for the post. :) That's a valid reason, right?

This way, nobody has to bunny the other's opening move, and we both get to write our respective death scenes.

Mrah?

Shadowed
03-17-09, 12:10 AM
Works for me. Let me know what you need.

Jericho
03-17-09, 12:14 AM
Excellent. I'll get my post up as soon as I can. (Thank God for not having any tests tomorrow...)

Question for a bunny. If Jericho slings a rock (with a destructive among of force) at Honuse, would it be more likely to just bounce off, would Honuse block it, zap it...?

Shadowed
03-17-09, 12:55 AM
If he was just standing there, not preoccupied, and the rock came in from a front angle, he'd either catch it or deflect it with an armblade. If it has any metal in it, he'd redirect it to the side with a little magnetism. If it had no metal and came in from a rear angle, he'd have to hear it to know it was coming; if he was busy with anything else, you'd have a good chance of hitting him. If it hit him, it'd depend on the kinetic force; if it was either traveling very fast, or was very big, it'd bruise him up, but it wouldn't likely cut through the leather armor.

Jericho
03-17-09, 08:29 PM
Cool! The post is up--let me know if you'd like anything changed.

Shadowed
03-17-09, 09:06 PM
Looks good. Kryos working on his post next?

Jericho
03-17-09, 09:17 PM
Yup. I'll also have him bunny some initiative on Jericho's part, so you have more to work with.

Kryos
03-17-09, 09:48 PM
Kryos here. I'm up to speed on the happenings, fear not. Unfortunately, I have cleaning checks at 10 MST, and a test to study for tomorrow. The test is really low key, so it shouldn't be too bad. I'm also doing laundry tonight.

In essence, I'll be busy till cleaning checks are over, then I'll be working on my post. I hope to have it up tonight. I still think we can do this. We have till the 19th. No problem, right? We need at least 4 more posts to convincingly wrap the battle up, 5 if Shadowed has time to get on in after me. We can do it! Let us press forward!

Shadowed
03-17-09, 10:17 PM
48 hours? I'll still be on spring break, so if I'm home, awake, and at least partially sober when you get your last post up, I can close it up. If not, we'll at least have the minimum posts, so we can ask them to leave the thread open for me to post the close, even if it doesn't count towards scoring.

Kryos
03-18-09, 04:26 AM
All right, I posted. Shadowed, let me know if I need to change anything. I think I got everything all right, but let me know if I need to change anything and I'll fix it. Aaaaand, you're up! Ah, this is exciting.

Shadowed
03-18-09, 04:44 AM
Looks good, except for one part.

But the behemoth mearly leapt out of the way of the stone and continued his advance, dark as night.

Jericho had me deflect the stone with an armblade, not move to the side. Also, merely*

I'll have a post up soon.

Kryos
03-18-09, 04:58 AM
I know that you deflected it. However, that was the first stone right when Jericho yelled. I heard him and rushed over, and by then, you had already deflected it. But I was going to change it anyways, since you suggested that you would just catch it. And thanks for the Typo.

Thanks, and I look forward to your post.

Jericho
03-18-09, 05:08 AM
Heavens, it's late. Why are we still conscious?

Anyhoo.

Feel free to bunny, Shadowed. Kryos will be the more engaging target, as he's very handy with that blade. Jericho is still all adrenaline, so once he's out of rocks, he'll probably charge with his stick, 'cause he's got nothing to lose.

Shadowed
03-18-09, 05:16 AM
Let's see...a quick check of strategy tells me what I'm likely to need. In essence, Kryos, I'm going to have your hit partially land, then charge the blade with a few thousand volts and fry the piss out of you, before kicking you in the chest. Then I'll cross the distance to Jericho and do a little sword work. Sound good?

Shadowed
03-18-09, 09:56 AM
The post is up. I took a bit of liberty with the bunnying, based upon what you said would likely happen. So let me know if I need to change anything.

Edit:

Also, for anyone who's interested...

Thread is currently at: 15,568 words.
Me: 5,767 words
Jericho: 4,357 words
Kryos: 5,444

Kryos
03-18-09, 01:39 PM
Very nicely done, Shadowed. I loved your post, and the different way that Honuse view our two characters. It is nice to see and all, since I always view Kryos as a wicked cool character, and to Honuse, he is mearly and incompetent being screwed before they even began. While true, it is still good to see. And nicely done. I'm getting good ideas with how I want to write my last post, but will wait and see how Jericho does his. And yes, the bunnies are all good, although I was a little sad that Honuse could hear Kryos coming that much. You make it sound like he's an elephent, but whatever. I guess Kryos has been burned and shocked already, so it makes sense.

And thanks for the stats! I knew were were getting up there in the count, but was unaware of the word per person count. Sweet goodness.

Shadowed
03-18-09, 09:11 PM
Well, early on in his history - practically at the very beginning - Honuse had his senses of hearing and smell heavily modified to make up for his lack of eyes. He could literally here the sound of the mud sliding under your feet. Though, as I mentioned with the stone, he has to be concentrating to hear something that faint. But since he knew you were behind him, he kept part of his attention focused there. It's nothing against you.

Jericho
03-18-09, 10:25 PM
Shadowed, working on my post--could I get some clarification from you?

The weapon flew from the grasp of its owner, still attached by the metal blade atop the Lawmaker’s arm, as it suddenly reversed direction; the giant’s left hand directed it in a blunt attack against his opponent’s head. It rebounded easily, adding momentum to a pivot on his left foot, sweeping the sword in the abomination’s right hand towards his opponent’s midsection...

The "it"s have me a little confused. Is this what you meant?

The weapon flew from the grasp of its owner, still attached by the metal blade atop the Lawmaker’s arm, as {the arm blade} suddenly reversed direction; the giant’s left hand directed {the staff} in a blunt attack against his opponent’s head. {His opponent? The staff?} rebounded easily, adding momentum to a pivot on his left foot, sweeping the sword in the abomination’s right hand towards his opponent’s midsection...

Shadowed
03-18-09, 10:38 PM
'it' is the staff. The staff flew from your grasp while attached to the armblade, and right after yanking it from you the direction reversed and hit you on the side of the head. The staff, which hit you on the head, would obviously be the thing that rebounded then.

Jericho
03-18-09, 10:43 PM
Ah, gotcha! Hit on the head.

Sorry for my denseness. Thick head, y'see.

:)

Kryos
03-19-09, 04:49 PM
Ok, here is the scoop.

As fate would have it, Jericho has three finals today, and won't be free to write until 6:30 PST (9:30 EST). Therefore, we are going to have the mother of all crunches. Jericho will write like a madman until he finishes, posts close to the closure time. As such, us posting after him is improbable unless we have them already written. So, here is the plan.

Jericho's post - Jericho dies.
Kryos' post - Kryos dies.
Then Shadowed's post.

Shadowed, I had a quick question. Can you summon that lightning at will that is in your bones? I know earlier that you shock Kryos because his sword touched your bone, but can you channel that lightning into you sword? I'm trying to get the details of my death scene figured out.

Also, I think Kryos might try a Bane spell on Honuse. Do you think it would have a large effect? Well, I suppose not. After all, Kryos is pretty much dead already.

Anyway, post back if you need to know anything else. If we can get our posts done by the deadline, we can all post in a quick succession once Jericho finishes. Thanks!

Shadowed
03-19-09, 05:34 PM
He can channel lightning anywhere within a reasonable area around him - I've had him summon lightning at a few hundred feet before. The lightning can come up through his skin and armor and cover his sword. Second, I have no idea what a bane spell is. If you can give me the details of your posts, I might be able to write something in time.

Kryos
03-19-09, 05:46 PM
All right, fair enough.

Jericho is going to bunny you to kill him, using both of your armblades. Simple, but the post will be much sweeter. Stomach and heart shots

As for me, well, I'm pretty much out of commision, but Kryos will see you kill Jericho, and force himself upwards. I planned on having Honuse come over to finish me, and impale me with your sword into a tree. I'll try to use a bane spell on you. Basically, Kryos' magic affects the soul. At max power, it might be enough to stop you, as it would do several things. However, Kryos won't be able to do barely anything, since he's almost dead. Then, I was going to have you send lightning through your blade, effective scorching me to a cinder. Rather a grusome way to go, really. So I would cut just when you send the current.

That is the plan. Good with you?

Shadowed
03-19-09, 05:57 PM
If you do the bane spell right before dying, I can do something extremely awesome with it. See, the broadsword on his back has a demonic aura, essentially a soul composed of three different souls, as the sword was coated with the blood of a god, a demon, and an innocent. Aside from that, it shows the living image of every soul Honuse has sent to Hel. So, if your attack goes for souls, I can have a massively amusing combustion occur.

For Jericho, tell him to remember that I ended my post with the regular sized (five foot long) sword going in at his stomach. Otherwise, I'm cool with that. To make it a touch more realistic, it might be better if you stand, lean against a tree for support, and Honuse throws the large blade, which then impales you. Then electrocute away.

Kryos
03-19-09, 06:22 PM
Hmmm. My goodness, that would be AWESOME! And I dropped Jericho a note. So this will be good. However, Kryos can't use his Bane spell unless you're within a ten foot radius, ish. So, maybe javlin your sword and then come towards me to shock me, just for dramatic effect. When you close in, and grab your sword to channel the fullest of your power into it, I'll try to ignite your cloths in the bane spell. It appears as black flames, but they'll be weak. Also, when I do that, do I need to do anything with the sword? Or I'll just let you handle it, since Kryos will then be fried at that point?

Thanks, and I'll be around.

Shadowed
03-19-09, 07:03 PM
I'll handle everything on my end. The sword in question is still in his sheath on his back, so you wouldn't even be able to reach it.

Kryos
03-19-09, 07:20 PM
Kryos won't have to. He just needs to be about ten feet from him. He'll try to do a covering one, covering as much clothes/fabric/equipment as he can. he can't summon the flames on skin, but clothes are good. So just before you grab the sword coming out from Kryos, he'll try it, and then, of course die.

Jericho
03-19-09, 11:06 PM
*Sigh*

Sorry for being so last minute, guys. Shadowed, if you need any of the bunnies modified, let me know.

Shadowed
03-20-09, 12:14 AM
Whew. Epic. Great posts, guys. Got mine up past the cut-off, but if you read the OOC, you'll see me ask the judges to allow it if you guys approve.

Jericho
03-20-09, 12:22 AM
:D

Nice!

I was hoping you'd get that last one in! Very nice!

Awesome job, folks. This thread was an awesome write.

Kryos
03-20-09, 12:26 AM
:) :) Yey! I'm so glad you got it in!

Yes, this truely was an epic battle. Thank you all for helping create a wonderful story. And of course we are cool with the last post being counted in the judgement. I believe Jericho's words were, "Oh heck yes!" And ToC Staff, we are willing to offer a fattened goat in exchange for counting it!

Shadowed, I want to say that it was an honor to write with you. You are very skilled and a worthy talemaker. Thank you.

Shadowed
03-20-09, 12:30 AM
Indeed, this was an extremely fun thread. Also, amusingly enough, this is the first time I've ever actually finished a thread. Everyone either vanishes from the internet, or gets so busy the thread dies. Even if this one was a bit short, we still hit close to twenty thousand words. I'll get the exact count in a few. It was great working with you guys; I normally don't care much for teamwork with my opponents, but in this case it made a much more cohesive storyline. And that last post of mine was so damn fun to write. I've been trying to figure out a way all thread to make a drum crescendo as someone dies.

Jericho
03-20-09, 12:37 AM
And that last post of mine was so damn fun to write. I've been trying to figure out a way all thread to make a drum crescendo as someone dies.

HA! Very nice!

Also, I think there's one more fate slot open...so whoever wins, there is an (awesome) possibility we'll get to do this again!

Though, Shadowed, I'd be happy to write a thread with you outside the tournament any day. ;) (Okay, maybe not any day. Wrapping up a thread during finals? Not so much fun. :P )

Shadowed
03-20-09, 12:40 AM
Total words: 18,623
Shadowed: 6,598
Jericho: 5,027
Kryos: 6,998

Jericho
03-20-09, 12:46 AM
Heh. Never quite caught up. Ah well, I'm secure in my masculinity. ;)

Well done, all!

NightCast
03-20-09, 12:31 PM
The only reason I'm posting here is because I'm Shadowed's tentative partner for next round should he make it past you two.

That being said, excellent work everyone!

Shadowed
03-20-09, 02:42 PM
Well, thanks to a bureaucratic mixup, my last post is being included. So, best of luck on the judgment, everyone.

Kryos
03-20-09, 06:10 PM
Indeed. I'm way excited for the results. I really, really want to win, with all our plans for the future rounds, but if not, then I'm ok with that. We had an epic battle, one filled with meaning, and we actually finished it. Shadowed, thank you for being so dependable and prompt with your replies. Without you, we wouldn't have made it. May the best team win, and may the bond forged in the heat of battle remain past the time of the Tournament!

(And if there is another fate slot that the team who didn't win here got, and we fought again, how totally sweet would that be? Man, it feels wierd with the round over. Like, looking back at the end of a journey to enjoy how much we've grown and appreciate all that has happened. Perfect bliss.)

Jericho
03-20-09, 08:34 PM
Daawwwwwww!

Christoph
03-20-09, 10:13 PM
It's time for some manbraces! =p

Shadowed
03-20-09, 10:30 PM
I bet Christoph got off to our thread.

Anyways. There are two things I absolutely despise when waiting for a judgment:

1: Waiting for the damn judgment.
2: Reading over my posts and catching all the little typos and errors I missed. Drives me batshit insane.

Kryos
03-20-09, 10:43 PM
I feel you, Shadowed. I feel you big time. This waiting, though, is killing me. Partly because I want to see how well we did, and partly because I almost don't want to know who won. GRAH!

But I hope a lot of people read it. It is a good battle.

Shadowed
03-20-09, 10:48 PM
I think we should petition to get it moved to the Judge's Choice forum. But yeah, I hear you. I'm dying to know the outcome, while I also don't want to know.

Kryos
03-20-09, 10:55 PM
Well, if we score high enough, it very well could become a JC. Hmm. I think it could be the first tournament battle that could be a JC! But I'm not positive, but how cool would that be?! We just need a high score, like, 79+ at least. Or at least, that is normally how it works for solos.

Mmmm. I almost don't want the next round to start. I'm beat with this round; I should enjoy my break while I can.

Jericho
03-21-09, 01:31 AM
Gyyyaaaaah! Stop it! No hype! There shall be no hyping of the thread until the judgment's in!

Also.

2: Reading over my posts and catching all the little typos and errors I missed. Drives me batshit insane.

BANE OF MY EXISTENCE.

Shadowed
04-12-09, 10:22 PM
Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, guys. Epic battle was epic, and the wait for the judgment was terrible. While I'm obviously happy to win, I'm satisfied that it was such a small gap between us; it was a damned good battle, and fitting that even the judgment should be so suspenseful. Also, I truly appreciate your being willing to work with me after my opponent dropped out. And because of that, something just came to mind.

I scraped by on luck and goodwill this round; as such, if I lose in the future, I'm gone for good. But you guys had a great run, and if you have a chance of getting back in, I want to see you take it. As such, I'm giving my twelve fate points to you guys, six and six. I'll arrange it officially with Christoph. But those ought to give you guys enough to buy back in if there's another fate slot sometime in the future. So keep checking in, guys. Best of luck in the future - I'd love to fight you guys again sometime.

Jericho
04-12-09, 10:57 PM
Ditto! And while I'm sad to lose ;) , I'm entirely psyched to see you take on Sasurai! That one's going to be an awesome read! So curse it all, I'm still in suspense waiting for Round 3 to start...blast!

And...wow. Thanks muchly. The one caveat to this being, of course, that if a fate slot opens, you have to win enough rounds that we get a rematch ;)

An excellent run indeed! Can't wait to see you in action again, Elect of Thor...especially since that action will involve crushing someone who's not me XD

'Til next we duel!

NightCast
04-13-09, 12:30 AM
Heh, he won't be having all of the fun next time, if ever, you face The Whole Glory again. Next time, you'll have me to deal with as well. ^.^

Well done though. That was quite a tiny margin for such high scores!

Shadowed
04-13-09, 12:39 AM
Yeah, with NightCast thrown into the mix, you'll probably win next time.

Just kidding, NC.

Maybe.

NightCast
04-13-09, 01:41 AM
Hahaha.

Lots of man love to you too, bitch.

Kryos
04-13-09, 02:19 AM
Kryos here,

Yes, the agony of waiting almost killed me in the end, especially after the PM. But such is life, right? You win some, you lose some. What is important is the journey along the way. And I must say, it was EPIC! Shadowed, this was probably the best battle I've done in a long time. Actually, I think it is the first one I've ever finished. I'm honored. So good luck in the future, and against Sasurai. I'm working with Wings, or rather, Flames of Hyperion, as that is his main account, and I must say, he is quite a talented writer. You'll have a good time, though, and I look foward to it. And maybe Jericho and I will see you in Round 3, if luck favors us. *shifty eyes*

And thanks for the fate points! You are an awesome guy; I'm so glad fate had us do battle. And with our fate points (I'm not sure how many we have; the admins should put up a thing saying how many you get for rounds, etc.) but we should be able to get in if another spot opens. And that would be awesome! Of course, if we don't get in, we'll be more than willing to return them to you so you can get some extra EXP. Thanks, man.

Good luck, and I'll be watching!