PDA

View Full Version : Light Reaches Even The Darkest Places (solo)

the Tainted
02-26-09, 07:47 PM
(Foreword: This is a different style than my usual one)

At the foot of the cliffs, before rock turned to sand and sand turned to sea, there was a cave. Across the rough hewn floor and the white peaks of gathered silk, there was a girl lying on the floor, fingers splayed over her nightgown. An open book lay on the stone beside her, pages breathing in and out with the beckons of the sea breeze.The writing skittered across the paper, chased nervously by the binding.

If one were to read it, it would say;

Day 14

The world here is strange. I can't help but wonder. Is this world like the one I came from originally? The one that my real parents belong to? I still can't remember anything. It's like my mind is a blank slate before I was eleven.
Funny that I came from a parallel universe, lost my memory and lived on Earth, and now are traveling through another world to find out about the one I come from. It doesn't really make sense.

Day 15

It's weird out here in the forest, alone.
Feels like there's eyes around me. It's beautiful here, but those trees look like they could pull up their roots any minute and walk towards me.

Day 16

There was a boy in my class on Earth, who sat in front of me. He had a thin line of fine hair continuing from the nape of his neck down into the back of his sweater. I wonder if it continued all the way down his back.

Day 17

I wonder what he would have done if I had traced it with my finger, right down into his shirt. Probably screamed.
That bird sounds like it's being strangled with a piece of kipper.
That didn't make any sense. It's odd--some days I just feel like the world is mine and I own it all. Others it seems like I'm just a visitor that Althanas barely tolerates.
I hate being alone.

Day18

You notice things when you're alone. Things like the shape of leaves, and the things you never said to people when they were there, and the way birds fly in the sky. They always look so purposeful, those birds. Don't they know that there's no point? Don't they know that they're really going no where?

Day 20

What are we in the eye of the beholder if not art?

Day 24

I'm not sure who I am. I'm not sure I'm meant to be here anymore.

At the foot of the cliffs, before rock turned to sand and sand turned to sea, there was a cave. The sun opened one eye and peered over the horizon, light jumping down the land, skating on the waves. It crawled across the floor of the cave, trickling up the pale legs and folded cloth.

Trinquity opened her eyes and sat up, the light slowly dawning on her face.

A new day had come.

Taskmienster
03-12-09, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately this is far too short, by about 9 posts or 8,000 words... I'm going to close this but I can't reward exp or gp for this. There is a rule for solo's, 10 posts or 10k words. Sorry man.