PDA

View Full Version : General GFX

Saerilia
03-01-09, 04:16 PM
Well, I guess I like to dabble a bit in the graphic arts. Mainly I do some banner stuff, and some alterations (color, depth, rendering, etc). Here's something I did today:

http://www.althanas.com/world/picture.php?albumid=58&pictureid=358

Exspherius
03-01-09, 09:23 PM
Is this an offer to make banners for people? Because if it was, I'd be very interested. That's a really nice piece of work you have there.

BlackAndBlueEyes
03-01-09, 09:44 PM
inb4explosionofrequests

The key to being a good artist on Althanas is to not tell anyone that you're an artist lol.

That is a pretty spiffy banner, though.

Saerilia
03-01-09, 10:20 PM
Well thanks, guys! My particular skills probably won't help out much here, unless it's for changing pictures to better fit characters, or making spiffy avatars, since banners are a no-go in sigs, lol. But I made it and didn't want to waste it entirely, so I thought I'd share. :)

Lord Anglekos
03-02-09, 02:02 PM
ME FIRST! ME FIRST! OH PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!
Please?
(<<<<<<<wants a spiffy avatar. Well, spiffy-er.)

Saerilia
03-02-09, 05:09 PM
ME FIRST! ME FIRST! OH PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!
Please?
(<<<<<<<wants a spiffy avatar. Well, spiffy-er.)

LOL Well, what are you looking for? Do you have an image you want spiffified? Or at least a description that I can look for?

Lord Anglekos
03-03-09, 08:43 AM
Ah, just my current avatar. Something awesome like you did with yours. Gimme two versions: One with just your spiffiness on it, and one with the word "Badass." on it. :D

Saerilia
03-03-09, 10:32 AM
Ah, just my current avatar. Something awesome like you did with yours. Gimme two versions: One with just your spiffiness on it, and one with the word "Badass." on it. :D

I think this is what you were looking for... Let me know if you have something else in mind. :)

Lord Anglekos
03-03-09, 10:35 AM
Hmm...around the Badass one, could you put a thin border? Blue would be nice.

Saerilia
03-03-09, 10:40 AM
Hmm...around the Badass one, could you put a thin border? Blue would be nice.

I had a half-border on it, but I can make it a full border if you like. The middle one is blue.

Lord Anglekos
03-03-09, 10:44 AM
The white looks the best. Thanks. :D

Saerilia
03-03-09, 10:46 AM
It's the least I can do for a coherent post, lol! You are welcomed. :)

Lord Anglekos
03-03-09, 10:49 AM
*mutter, shuffle, groan* Eh?
Lol, what do you use to make them all spiffy like that?

Saerilia
03-03-09, 11:05 AM
Photoshop 7 is the program. In particular I use basic brushes and gradients for lighting and giving it that shiny look. :)

Exspherius
03-03-09, 03:56 PM
That's sick. Nicely done. If you only do spiffing, is my sigil enough of a starter, or do you need something more than that?

Saerilia
03-03-09, 05:36 PM
Well, I need to know what you're looking for. Just a more colorful background, or do you want a person/drawing too?

Exspherius
03-03-09, 06:09 PM
Just a silhouette of a head with the symbol over the face over some sort of background would be pretty cool. Check out my character profile to get a better idea: Epsilon wears a mask with the letter epsilon written on the face of it, something along those lines is what I'm after.

Saerilia
03-04-09, 02:54 PM
Epsilon,
I made these for you - I hope they are close to usable. >.< I couldn't really make the avvy without the alteration, so I figured why not give you both.

Exspherius
03-04-09, 03:34 PM
Oh, that is excellent. Thank you. Job very well done!

Exspherius
03-04-09, 09:48 PM
Really, my only qualm is his lack of a shirt. Could you give him a black high-collar or something? Or is that asking too much?

Yari Rafanas
03-04-09, 09:56 PM
These are pretty good. I was expecting a bunch of random LJ-style icons but I'm impressed. I think the ones without text are better, though.

Saerilia
03-05-09, 03:31 PM
Really, my only qualm is his lack of a shirt. Could you give him a black high-collar or something? Or is that asking too much?
OMG that's funny! The one I was going to alter/add the mask on (but rejected) had a black shirt and high collar! XD If you want, I could try to add one to the current one, OR I could work with the one that has a shirt already (which would probably look better anyway). Let me know!

Yari- Thanks, I appreciate the compliment! I am not that into text on avatars either, but it would be rude to tell someone "no" if that's what they really want. *shrug*

Yari Rafanas
03-05-09, 06:22 PM
Yari- Thanks, I appreciate the compliment! I am not that into text on avatars either, but it would be rude to tell someone "no" if that's what they really want. *shrug*

I would have been like, "gtfo my thread, bitch."

Saerilia
03-05-09, 08:50 PM
Yari, that's cool, but I just don't roll that way. :cool:

Epsilon, I decided to try the other two I had with black shirts on to see if they might be better. It's in order portrait/av/portrait/av.

Saerilia
03-06-09, 12:16 AM
I threw this together too, just in case. Yeah, I'm persistent, lol.

Exspherius
03-06-09, 07:29 AM
Oh, you can't believe how perfect that is. Thank you!

Saerilia
03-06-09, 07:51 AM
You are welcomed! I can't help it, I'm a perfectionist - can't give up until you're happy! XD

Irene
03-06-09, 08:25 AM
Can, Can I have a 3-d avy like that?

The best pic I have thus far is her current Avy.

If you want more detail than that, I can give it to you, but be forewarned, she's quite the oddball, being so many races rolled into one.

Saerilia
03-06-09, 09:18 AM
Can, Can I have a 3-d avy like that?

The best pic I have thus far is her current Avy.

If you want more detail than that, I can give it to you, but be forewarned, she's quite the oddball, being so many races rolled into one.

Ha! I have the PERFECT picture for you! *runs off to PS to create a masterpiece for Irene* :cool:

edit: As requested (and the portrait too!)

Lady Blackwell
03-06-09, 11:17 AM
hey -scratches back of head- i would like to request a spiffy AV, something along the lines of matching the description of my char, white hair brown eyes anything fits in as long as its white ahir ^.^ if you dont want to thats fine i will go hunt down a plain av ^.^

Saerilia
03-06-09, 11:27 AM
Why would I say no? Well, if I were overloaded, but even then I'd say "later", not no. :-p Lemme see what I got. :)

Lady Blackwell
03-06-09, 11:42 AM
lol, and awesome you modified your avatar some more -18 thumbs up-

Saerilia
03-06-09, 12:12 PM
Thank you! I like this one better too.

Also, first attempt for your avvy. Let me know if you want something different - I have some backups just in case. ;)

Lady Blackwell
03-06-09, 12:20 PM
-twitches- DAMN you got some real talent lol, wanta show your backups as well?

Saerilia
03-06-09, 12:25 PM
-twitches- DAMN you got some real talent lol, wanta show your backups as well?
Here is the altered image. I considered it a future version, since you currently have him in leather - this would be the epic version of him. Did you want to see the image I started with (as in, before I altered it) too?

Lady Blackwell
03-06-09, 12:29 PM
no thats quite fine, i have to give you a huge round of applause - applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause- you are great -bows before-

Saerilia
03-06-09, 12:31 PM
XD Well thank you. I am truly happy that you like it. ^_^

Lady Blackwell
03-06-09, 12:34 PM
would the orginal be about profile picture size?

Saerilia
03-06-09, 12:36 PM
Click on the one I attached a couple of posts back, and it should pop up with a profile-sized image.

Lady Blackwell
03-06-09, 12:51 PM
ahh thank you thank you

Irene
03-06-09, 07:00 PM
You are AWESOME!

Saerilia
03-06-09, 07:21 PM
It's all about the details, hun! XD No, really, I'm just happy it works for you. The hardest part was the scales, but the most interesting detail is the eyes. If you look REALLY close, they are like 6 different colors. ;)