PDA

View Full Version : FQ thread anyone?

Lord Anglekos
03-09-09, 06:09 PM
"Pray I Don't Die. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=18742)"
I've made a thread in the FQ, and I need at least one person to join it. Yes, there is a plotline behind this, so it won't be some random hack n' slash thread to get double EXP.

The plot goes as this.
Eric (my character) has just been recruited into the defender's forces, and upon seeing Bladesinger magic and warriors at work wishes to join them. Before he can truly join however, he recieves orders and a mission: A squad of soldiers/rangers/bladesingers/whatever are being sent to a nearby town recently evacuated by the military. Supplies are low at Istien and it is too risky to send a large force out; it would leave the inner walls virtually undefended. Thus, this small, almost scouting group is being sent to retrieve as much supplies as they can and make sure the town is not being turned into a new base for the Death Lords.
That's the main plotline. Eric would be part of this "group": any joining can also be as well, or some passerby who manages to get involved someway or another; or you can play as the opposition and try to stop this little hit-and-run. In any case, please post here or PM me before posting. Thank you.

Cyrus the virus
03-09-09, 06:36 PM
I have an idea that might be fun.

On the side of Xem'Zund, or however you spell it, Luc is sent to this town to do exactly what Eric is trying to prevent. Mainly he'd be there to destroy all supplies and level the place to create a new base for the undead.

Maybe you could get another ally and some NPCs to accompany Eric. Sound fun?

ninja_person
03-09-09, 06:40 PM
Sounds like an idea. I could team with Eric and kick major bad guy ass.

Lord Anglekos
03-09-09, 06:41 PM
Sound's good to me. An opposing force with a player behind it will be interesting.
Luc basically makes up the opposition, then, being the magic wielding badass that he is. "How do you prepare for a tornado made of fire, bitch?" Something like that.
I need another person to accompany me on this mission, so I'd say this is open to one more person. Anyone up for going against Luc and the forces of the undead?
EDIT: Ninja'd by the ninja, eh? Tempting, although I'd need a reasonable explanation as to why your ninja would be helping. Is he joining the defenders? Also, I need people who won't back out of this or leave in the middle of the thread. Cyrus has been around forever, but seeing as you'd be the new guy...blah blah blah.

Cyrus the virus
03-09-09, 06:42 PM
You should check out my profile sometime.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHA.

AHAAAAAAAAAA Ha. haaa.

But I would like to participate! It sounds fun and I've been looking for something for Luc to do.

Edit: I'll start on Luc's intro into the quest now.

Lord Anglekos
03-09-09, 06:54 PM
Sweetness.
Edit: I have re-read your profile throughly. You bastard. Slaughter us why don'tcha. What is it with me and fighting insanely powerful characters?! First Vincent versus Yari Rafanas, now...man, might as well take a razorblade and go into the bathroom while the Goo Goo Dolls plays "Iris" over the radio.
Glad you're in, man. ;)

ninja_person
03-09-09, 06:57 PM
Well I may be new, but I don't back out of anything unless I know my goose is cooked. So you can count on me staying in this,

Griffin Rampant
03-09-09, 06:59 PM
*bows*

if ninja_person does not work out, my partner-in-crime Reveille (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=127445)and I have been looking for a good quest with which to start our characters...

Rev, sadly, may be a wildcard as far as past experience goes (Rev is her only character here, but I can attest to her writing skill elsewhere), but if you want an example of my writing, I'm more commonly known as Inkfinger 'round these parts...

edit: d'oh. Ninja'd again!

ninja_person
03-09-09, 07:04 PM
Well I hope I work out, I can use the workout.

Lord Anglekos
03-09-09, 07:06 PM
Oh, Inkfinger! Aye, I know you. Sorry ninja_person, but experience overrules in this one, and I'm going to have to say no to you. This really won't be a "casual" thread either, and I'd rather have people I know and have worked with/read their work before in something like this. However, I like your enthusiasm and will gladly roleplay with you in a different thread if you like; I have three other characters up and running as well. Just let me know.

Griffin/Inkfinger, I'd be glad to have you and your partner-in-crime aboard. I've read your writings and I know what you're capable of. Is she active, though? I haven't really seen her writing around.

ninja_person
03-09-09, 07:17 PM
Well what other characters do you have? Depending on what you have, I will think of something to write with and about.

Lord Anglekos
03-09-09, 07:24 PM
Obviously I have this one...
...then I have a half angel brawler... (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=18713)
...then I have a draconian femme fatale' with a vicious temper... (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=16814)
...then I have a psychotic warrior/rapist/murderer/cannibal. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=141637#post141637) Who's probably about to die at the hands of a very famous thief.

Cyrus the virus
03-09-09, 07:25 PM
Posteeed!

Lord Anglekos
03-09-09, 07:29 PM
I saaaaaw! I'll wait for Inky-Fingers to post before I make mine, and if he and his partner change their minds I'll post tomorrow. Stupid library...I really need to get my computer fixed.

ninja_person
03-09-09, 07:43 PM
Well At this time I am stuck between Rebellion and Strickland. What is it Rebellion is 'looking for' ?

Lord Anglekos
03-09-09, 07:47 PM
Clues as to whatever killed her dragon. She used to be a dragoon, so when it died, there was a major psychological backlash as she suffered from the the breaking connection. So she's devoted her life to being a bounty hunter, hoping to pick up information along the way.

ninja_person
03-09-09, 07:57 PM
Well do you have any instant messangers so We can talk about this without taking up space here?

Griffin Rampant
03-09-09, 08:20 PM
Griffin/Inkfinger, I'd be glad to have you and your partner-in-crime aboard. I've read your writings and I know what you're capable of. Is she active, though? I haven't really seen her writing around.

She has yet to do any RPing here - she was looking to me to start something right after she joined, but things kinda...converged in such a way that she started her college semester from hell before I could get anything put together, sooo. Yeah.

My internet usage is somewhat sporadic, but I should be able to have a post up by Wednesday night, if that's alright. :)

Cyrus the virus
03-09-09, 11:07 PM
BLOODY SLOW. Hm.

I'm afraid your friend's first experience here will be swift and complete death.

Lord Anglekos
03-10-09, 08:54 AM
Well do you have any instant messangers so We can talk about this without taking up space here?
Nope, unless you have myspace IM. That's the only IM I use until my laptop gets back up or I get a new one.

She has yet to do any RPing here - she was looking to me to start something right after she joined, but things kinda...converged in such a way that she started her college semester from hell before I could get anything put together, sooo. Yeah.

My internet usage is somewhat sporadic, but I should be able to have a post up by Wednesday night, if that's alright. :)
It's fine. I was hoping for some faster posting, but something's better than nothing, and if you can vouch for her I'm sure she'll be alright. ^^

BLOODY SLOW. Hm.

I'm afraid your friend's first experience here will be swift and complete death.
Play nice with the little 'uns, now.

Lady Blackwell
03-10-09, 09:45 AM
aww come now the Anglekos, it's Cyrus he don't play nice.

i can attest to that -glares at Cyrus- I'm just glad we never actually got around to fighting in that tornado made of fire, i am so glad i backed out of it haha.

ninja_person
03-10-09, 01:27 PM
Well I have it, but I use it with caution. I hate it but if it is for something like this... then I shall cast my hate for it aside.

My myspace is here (http://www.myspace.com/apofis)

Oh if you want to add me, use this email power_money_fame@yahoo.com

Griffin Rampant
03-10-09, 05:18 PM
Alright; Rev sends her regrets, but she won't be able to post right now - she is, I'll admit, somewhat...unrushed when it comes to RP, and she didn't want to hold us back. However, this is good for you because it should mean I can post faster. XP Expect my first tomorrow morning.

Winterhair
03-10-09, 05:31 PM
Righty ho.

Cyrus the virus
03-10-09, 07:42 PM
Sounds good, sucka.

Winterhair
03-11-09, 11:41 PM
Griffin/Inkfinger didn't post.
Change your mind? If so, speak now; I need to get this ball rolling or it'll get stuck in the mud and stay there forever.

Griffin Rampant
03-12-09, 06:32 AM
fail!work is fail. I am typing this up as we speak (er, type?) though. Sorry for the delays!

Lord Anglekos
03-12-09, 08:41 AM
Right ho, then. Glad to hear you're still aboard this crazy train. Anyone who starts singing Ozzy Osbourne, I'll shoot, d'ya hear!?

Griffin Rampant
03-12-09, 10:50 AM
Alright; finally got my post up. Beat me with a herring if anything needs edited or added (I admit I occasionally forget letters that my spellcheck doesn't catch), and I shall do so. :)

Lord Anglekos
03-12-09, 10:52 AM
Don't worry about it, I do the same. I usually check over it after I'm done, I can't seem to notice those little mistakes while writing. I'll post next, then Cyrus is up.

Cyrus the virus
03-12-09, 08:20 PM
I'll get on it tomorrow, probably.

Griffin Rampant
03-15-09, 04:24 PM
Alright, posted again, I apologize for the fact that the last two posts have been somewhat...lacking, I am still getting a feel for writing Soph'. New characters are like new pairs of shoes, I swear.

And again, if anything needs fixed, hit me up. :D

Lord Anglekos
03-15-09, 11:49 PM
New characters are like new pairs of shoes, I swear.

I know just what you mean. Don't worry, I didn't see anything particularly wrong with your posts, and you did a pretty good job with Eric. I'll make my post later this morning when I'm not distracted and fully awake, then Cyrus can make his. I'll post so Nalith runs over the mission with Sophie, Eric and disposables (NPC's), then I figured Griffin would start us on our way. Cyrus, I suppose you could be finishing off whatever resistance is already in place by then, unless you have other plans. I apologize for real lack of material to work with at the moment.

Cyrus the virus
03-16-09, 02:10 AM
I make my own material, baby. I've written town slaughters before! I can easily stretch it out over a series of posts and use the time to catch the reader (and me, really) up with what Luc's been up to.

I'm bringing in those undead so you guys have some things to chop up. Fighting Luc is not very fun so he'll probably focus on leveling the buildings and all that.

Lord Anglekos
03-16-09, 02:21 AM
'Specially since you'd just incinerate us all with a tornado made of fire.
Tch. Bitch.
Anyways, good. Although I don't know whether the fact you've written town slaughters before is a good thing or a bad thing in retrospect, it works.
Chop chop!
EDIT: And I posted! Hope it's satisfactory. I wasn't sure how to play Nalith.

Lord Anglekos
03-24-09, 06:20 PM
Griffin, get your post up fool.
Hehe.

Inkfinger
03-25-09, 06:58 AM
Griffin, get your post up fool.
Hehe.

mmmm, yes, will be up tonight; sorry for the delays. :)

Griffin Rampant
03-25-09, 08:13 PM
mmmm, yes, will be up tonight; sorry for the delays. :)

Alright, got a post up, got kinda...carried away with the cart driver and his horsish-thingy, so if you had something different in mind for him, please tell me and I'll edit.

Lord Anglekos
03-26-09, 09:11 AM
Lol, nope, that's fine. Surprised me, but it's easily workable. What is that thing, anyways?

Lord Anglekos
03-26-09, 10:20 AM
Posted. Sorry it's so short, bit tired at the moment.

Cyrus the virus
03-26-09, 01:17 PM
Me burnin' things. Enjoy Luc's little friend!

I'm rethinking the undead that are on the way... Maybe I'll just edit down how many of them are approaching.

Lord Anglekos
03-26-09, 01:21 PM
Mebbe, or I'll have to make my two bladesingers ridiculously overpowered. They'll have guitars that summon ninjas...wielding guitars. The badassery can't get any higher than that.

Cyrus the virus
03-26-09, 01:22 PM
You maybe should have them be overpowered. There's pretty much an invincible golem running around, at this point. They can sing the songs of doooom.

Lord Anglekos
03-26-09, 01:25 PM
Alright, but you asked for it. Don't be blamin' me if you got guitar-wielding ninjas whuppin' yo ass.
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/matheos1/ninjas.jpg

Cyrus the virus
03-26-09, 05:55 PM
It's the most powerful axe on Althanas!!!

Lord Anglekos
03-30-09, 11:16 AM
Bitch yeah.
Now we're just waiting on Griffin again.

Inkfinger
03-30-09, 06:12 PM
Bitch yeah.
Now we're just waiting on Griffin again.

Yep. D: Had the weekend from hell that resulted in the cancellation of a trip I've been working on for five months now, but I should have a post up by tomorrow night, finally.

Lord Anglekos
03-30-09, 06:16 PM
Yay!
We shall be having ninjas with guitars soon!

Griffin Rampant
03-31-09, 11:06 PM
Yay!
We shall be having ninjas with guitars soon!

Bring on the nintars. Or, yanno, once they get to the village. In other words: finally posted~

Lord Anglekos
04-01-09, 09:49 AM
Yay! I shall have my post up today so Cyrus can as well.

Lord Anglekos
04-01-09, 01:38 PM
Griffin, just a request. Could you add on to the end that they were approaching the gates or something, or that they took off for the town? The way you ended your post will make it kind of hard to transition to the actual action. As I've stated before, feel free to bunny my character however.

Inkfinger
04-01-09, 05:13 PM
Griffin, just a request. Could you add on to the end that they were approaching the gates or something, or that they took off for the town? The way you ended your post will make it kind of hard to transition to the actual action. As I've stated before, feel free to bunny my character however.

Certainly; expect it shortly.

Lord Anglekos
04-01-09, 05:22 PM
Thanks. Sorry to be a bother, but I really couldn't think of anything that wouldn't hurt the score.

Griffin Rampant
04-01-09, 10:12 PM
Thanks. Sorry to be a bother, but I really couldn't think of anything that wouldn't hurt the score.

Think I got it, if you approve. :)

Lord Anglekos
04-02-09, 08:36 AM
Oh, I do. You portrayed Eric as I would've done--good job.
Now, I'll make my post sometime.
EDIT: POSTED.

Cyrus the virus
04-02-09, 04:29 PM
You is all gon die!

Lord Anglekos
04-02-09, 04:49 PM
Eff joo, man. I plan on makin' it out unscathed.
We can leave Sophie to burn though.
:D:D:D:D
Just kiddin'.

Cyrus the virus
04-02-09, 06:33 PM
I've got essays, FYI, so I may not post until the weekend.

Lord Anglekos
04-02-09, 06:37 PM
You hoebag.
I mean, okay. Then we'll see you when you can.

Cyrus the virus
04-16-09, 01:57 PM
Hey hey, just wanted to say I haven't forgotten about this or anything. Come Monday I'll be done almost everything and will be able to post again.

Lord Anglekos
04-16-09, 02:00 PM
Sounds good.