PDA

View Full Version : Extension Request

Jericho
03-16-09, 10:50 PM
To the ToC Staff,

In light of circumstances surrounding our thread--one participant dropping out, and my school's trimester system slotting finals this week--we've been unable to get as far as we'd hoped in the time allotted. That said, we're very close to the end of our battle, and for sake of earning a fair score that most accurately gauges the talent of the participants (as well as some very fun stuff we have planned), we'd love to be able to finish.

Would it be possible to receive a deadline extension of a few days? We'd be able to end the thread and reach the 12 post threshold in that time. This would qualify us for accurate judgment while negating the possible problems with defaulting.

Many thanks,

The Whole Glory / Penumbra Intersect

Shadowed
03-16-09, 10:53 PM
Just dropping a note that I approve of this message.

Petoux
03-17-09, 06:29 PM
I disapprove ... not to be mean, but we all have situations that will come up irregardless of how, when and where ... especially with the timezone differences, unexpected events, getting grounded, internet issues, you gotta work ... etc.

Everyone has different shit that occurs at different times all day long, you get over it and plan for it .... it's called life ... period.

Again, not to be mean, but .... I don't think an extension is neccessary ... try to find a way and time to fill the tournament in your schedule. It isn't that hard.

No extension neccessary, I disagree. Sorry.

Shadowed
03-17-09, 06:37 PM
Erm, Petoux, this isn't a discussion. You have no say in this; this is as a result of discussing the situation of this round with Christoph. Kindly do not post in this thread again.

Taskmienster
03-17-09, 06:40 PM
Petoux, they weren't asking you. Please keep your commentary.

To the ToC Staff,

In response, after thinking this over, I personally think that it should not be granted. On the basis that the tournament is running long with little interest already, extending the round a little longer shouldn't happen. This isn't for the round though, just your battle... so that's cool.

Since you are already close to 12 posts, your battle will be left open another few days while the rest are being worked on by a judge. By the time the one you are in is finished, the others should be judged and then we can move right to yours.

Sound good?

Shadowed
03-17-09, 06:54 PM
Works for me. I believe my opponents are already working on their posts, so we should have this wrapped up in no time.

Taskmienster
03-17-09, 07:12 PM
Awesome. That puts it closing on the 19th, or so. I'll keep an eye out for it, if you finish it before then just post here and I'll catch it. Good luck.

Christoph
03-17-09, 07:16 PM
I've discussed the issue with the parties involved and with Taskmeinster. He and I are in agreement on the ruling, but only because both teams came to me with the circumstances well in advance and displayed the capacity and eagerness to finish the fight within a short frame of time. However, note that if 12 posts aren't reached by the 19th, only the posts made up until the original deadline will be counted.

To rule out the notion of bias or a double standard, I would not be opposed to granting similarly brief extensions to battles in Bracket B if they can show that the reach 8 posts by the deadline and have comparable circumstances.

Jericho
03-17-09, 08:32 PM
Sounds great! Thanks to all.

Petoux
03-17-09, 08:36 PM
Erm, Petoux, this isn't a discussion. You have no say in this; this is as a result of discussing the situation of this round with Christoph. Kindly do not post in this thread again.

Yet you did it yourself? wth?

Anyway ... sorry didn't know.

Glad it's taken care of though.

My apologies once again.

Shadowed
03-17-09, 09:01 PM
I'm a part of the thread asking for an extension. I posted to verify that I approved of what Jericho said, because it directly concerns me.

Christoph
03-17-09, 10:14 PM
I mean, we could have just as easily done everything quietly, but I prefer having everything out in the open.

Kryos
03-17-09, 11:24 PM
I agree. Also, ToC Staff, I wish to convey my appreciation for your patient understanding and willingness to work with us. I know that you guys have a lot on your hands, life for instance, and it would be just as easy to lock everything. I thank you for your hard work and for allowing us a chance to finish. And in a small measure of payment, we'll give you a battle that will rock the Garden of Secrets, as well as cause tears to fall from the eyes of the Cabal. If they even have hearts, that is.

Taskmienster
03-18-09, 01:46 AM
Dude... I have no heart. (Tis true, you can ask my friends).

If you get a tear to fall from my eye, I will be surprised. I will be judging this one when it is finished though, and look forward to it.

Cyrus the virus
03-18-09, 03:00 PM
irregardless

You should lose your battle because of this.

Saxon
03-27-09, 09:22 PM
We're requesting an extension. Kupo was moving and we're one post away from finishing. Cory is just waiting on confirmation from our opponents.

This has also already been discussed with Christoph.

Christoph
03-27-09, 11:03 PM
Yeah, we already talked it over. You're good to go.

Kryos
03-27-09, 11:09 PM
To avoid confusion that came up with ours (nothing big of course), I would recommend implementing a date and time that the extension will be up, so that the players will be able to plan their time accordingly. Regardless, though, I congratulate you for getting so close to the end of your thread.

Taskmienster
03-28-09, 12:49 AM
The same 2-3 day extension can be given for the Stalin vs Mafia battle.

Christoph
03-28-09, 09:53 AM
My bad, I figured it was implied since I had posted before in this thread that teams with similar circumstances could request the same extention.

Kryos
03-28-09, 04:50 PM
No no. I understood completely right away, and figured that one or two teams from Bracket B would get an extension as well. What I was suggesting was that either Task or Christope specify when the battle will be closed, including date and time (according to a designated timezone of course). That way, everyone involved will know all the details.

Or maybe that has already been taken care of, and this is no longer nessessary. If so, sorry for the confusion I may have had, and I eagerly look forward to the results.