PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Daeres
04-05-09, 09:27 PM
I'm a 19 year old Brit studying Ancient History who tends to have waaay too much spare time on his hands, i'm an old timer at a now near-death forum who has finally decided to move on, and I heard from a reliable source or two that this forum is the place to be. I haven't been roleplaying a terribly long time, perhaps just over a couple of years now, but i've been a member of two roleplaying forums and have attempted to start my own, so this isn't exactly my first time around either.

Obviously I need to feel my way around a little, since I have almost no experience with your community and culture, but first impressions are good; this isn't much of a compliment but it's nice to see rp forums that aren't dead, for a start. On a more positive note, the community seems active, the forums are taken care of, and you promote yourselves very well, all of which lead me to feel i've made a good choice in deciding to settle here.

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-05-09, 09:29 PM
Grittings and welcome to our little corner of the internet.

Glad you stopped on by and are willing to try Althanas out. Here's hoping that you find enough to keep you here.

Visla Eraclaire
04-05-09, 09:33 PM
Welcome Daeres. We definitely have a lot of use for experienced roleplayers with lots of free time.

I hope you find the place to your liking. I've come back to it time and again, so there is surely something good in here. The community takes some getting used to, but it's fairly flexible, and very responsive to new input, in my experience.

Shadowed
04-05-09, 10:00 PM
Fancy meeting you here.

NightCast
04-05-09, 10:03 PM
What Shadowed said. It's DarkStrike by the way.

It's great to see that you're not going to be entirely inaccessible to me now.

EDIT: Shadowed let me know how gay that sounded. Hahaha. So, let's clear the waters now. Not seeking internet personality for AID's ridden sex.

Shadowed
04-05-09, 10:07 PM
However, as this is a roleplaying site, he IS seeking internet personality for AID's ridden sex as roleplayed by two elves.

But with that aside, check out the ToC sometime. It's too late for you to join, but some good reads in there.

NightCast
04-05-09, 10:09 PM
However, as this is a roleplaying site, he IS seeking internet personality for AID's ridden sex as roleplayed by two elves.

I can't argue with that.

How about we make it more erotic with a transvestite troll and a goblin hermaphrodite?

Daeres
04-05-09, 10:12 PM
Hey Shadowed, nice to see you kept Honuses's profile history just as long as before, and yes i did read the entire thing when you posted it on GUA.

Hey Darkstrike, it's a shame you know; i've been looking for some AIDs ridden gay sex, I haven't had any in ages... Nice to see you too.

Shadowed
04-05-09, 10:37 PM
Hey Darkstrike, it's a shame you know; i've been looking for some AIDs ridden gay sex, I haven't had any in ages... Nice to see you too.

That's why I'm here, silly.

The International
04-05-09, 11:10 PM
Welcome to Althanas, Daeres. I'm sure you'll find yourself at home here. I just joined about a week ago and everyone's made me feel welcome. The staff is helpful and the other members are kind. Just don't eat anyone's cookies... or something. I didn't eat any, but judging from the warnings I got they may have a little bit of angel dust or rat poison in them or something.

Tainted Bushido
04-06-09, 03:01 AM
Hey Daeres welcome to the site, and I hope you find a home here. If I were to take the people you've talked to as a case for where you're from I'd say you're from Give Up Already? If so welcome extra, I'm not sure if you hit up the Tournament of Legends but I was Dissinger in that engagement, and its always nice to see some of the guys from GUA even peeking over here.

Corvus MacCallum
04-06-09, 06:03 AM
Nice to know theres a fellow brit, maybe we can do a thread sometime and drown it in slang.

Daeres
04-06-09, 07:06 AM
Sweet idea Corvus, and since i'm half scottish and half english i have two sets of slang to be working from.

Tainted, this is more than a peek, there hasn't been any roleplaying of any kind on GUA for at least a year now, and none of any calibre for perhaps a year and a half, two at the outside.

Witchblade
04-06-09, 07:36 AM
Hi Daeres and welcome to Althanas!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid, zombified characters. Do not feed the following people: Tainted Bushido, Letho, BlackandBlueEyes, Lord Angelkos, Arsene, Taskmienster, Christoph and Serilliant for they may become attached to you afterwards and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters. Do not be alarmed for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following thread. Have a nice day. ^^

*offers freshly baked cookies*

Daeres
04-06-09, 07:57 AM
Why thank you *takes a cookie*.

Rahegalhoff
04-06-09, 08:12 AM
Just don't eat anyone's cookies... or something. I didn't eat any, but judging from the warnings I got they may have a little bit of angel dust or rat poison in them or something.

Actually no one poisons them anymore, that's out of date. Instead I curse mine in dark satanic rituals designed to make you regret everything you ever did for the rest of your life, and possibly wake up with night terrors/in a cold sweat/from dreams so sinisterly horrific the myriad tongues of man cannot possibly begin to describe them.

Why? Because I like you and everyone else here, that's why.

Witchblade
04-06-09, 08:16 AM
Riiight...

*shoves Rahegalhoff into the back room*

Just ignore him, he has issues. ^_^

Rahegalhoff
04-06-09, 09:46 AM
*pounds on the door*

LET ME OUTTA HERE! AT LEAST SEND BACK SOME COMPANY!

Lord Anglekos
04-06-09, 10:05 AM
*shoots Raggy*
No.
Welcome to Althanas, Daerus. I hope you stick around, and if you need any assistance, just ask one of mods (the guys in the italicized names) or admins (bolded bastards). If neither are available, I'm sure one of the more experienced members here can help you; you can tell who they are usually.

Lady Blackwell
04-06-09, 11:04 AM
ahhh Fresh meat ... probably better then me though

anyways yes if you listen to everyone's warning about cookies you shall do just fine. but do remember this .... Lord anglekos is known as Anglekosy and witchy is a psychotic ... just going to leave it at that... i may even die once she see's that

Yari Rafanas
04-06-09, 12:37 PM
Welcome to the site. It's been around forever, despite crashes and content-wipes, and probably will never die. Hope you have fun! Hit me up with any questions.

Whitlen
04-07-09, 04:24 PM
DAERES!!! *hugs* So glad you listened when I kept pestering you about how awesome it is here. XD

Lord Anglekos
04-07-09, 04:33 PM
.... Lord anglekos is known as Anglekosy and witchy is a psychotic ... just going to leave it at that... i may even die once she see's that

Screw Witchy's wrath, here I come. Die you mofo!

Daeres
04-07-09, 04:55 PM
*hugs whitlen back* Well I'm glad I am too, but you'd better be on AIM tonight or there shall be onions... *thunderclap*

Whitlen
04-08-09, 04:31 PM
Wasn't on last night, should be later tonight though. :)

Azlen
04-11-09, 12:03 PM
Daeres, was up man haven't seen you online for a while at GUA (I'm CrazyXAM) of course I haven't been on either which is probably why it is dead...they have bums like us hahaha. Let's hurry and start a thread together.

Rahegalhoff
04-15-09, 12:35 PM
*shoots Raggy*

That was a dirty underhanded trick that killed my internet connection! It shall not work again. On the plus side the shot demolished the door, so now I'm free to work my dark magics again!

*flees cackling in insane laughter that may or may not be filled with unholy glee.*