PDA

View Full Version : A day like any other?

KajiMadoushi
04-09-09, 09:26 PM
(This is my first time roleplaying like this. Please, if you have any suggestions or comments,feel free to let me know. I am more than willing to learn how to improve myself. Thank you)

It was a delightful day where the sun and the sky where at their shiniest.The birds singing as they flew by,the children playing in the mud and running in the streets,the townfolks working... an everyday day. The sight was almost boring actually, too much perfect. So much perfect, one could wonder "But where the hell is the evil?", and that would sound new to the people around.Althought,the diversity that lived in this city was fascinating , especially when you knew about all the wars these same different races led against each others in the past. Such sights could be worth taking the moment to observe and appreciate, but that is not what Kajie'luen was doing. Kajie'luen,a rather small elf,with a perfectly tanned skin, wild fiery red hair, dazzling emerald green eyes and rosy lips. Holding a hugeous book,almost too big for her small hands, she quietly walked among the people of the city she just entered, elegantly dodging the woods men clumsily carried on their shoulders or dancing on her feet to get out of the way of a group of kids running in the opposite direction. Although her eyes weren't on the road ahead, her mind seemed to know and expect anything that could happened.

After a few minutes of walking,and reading, the small elf swiftly closed the heavy looking book,placed it under her arm and pushed a door open.The smooth bell echoed in the room she had step in,catching the attention of the customers for a short moment, the girl however,did not return the favor and they all returned to their previous occupation. Kajie'luen quickly walked to the far end of the tavern and took a seat,nodding politely at the lady that came to serve a fresh drink. When the hostress left, the red haired elf took off her weapon and placed it gently by the table,at her feet. It was a habit of her,to always keep her weapons at reach and in sight,although the rules when entering a public area was to give them to the owner but that mainly applied to swords,axes and maces. For her,a staff was more than good. Satisfied, Kajie'luen placed the heavy book she had been reading on her way here on the table and opened it to where she had stop her lecture. As she got more and more focused on her reading, her fingers could be seen moving in wierd circles and waves as if she was mentally practicing some casting moves. The disturbing sound of the brouhaha inside the tavern did not seem to bother her one bit.

Junomoule
04-11-09, 10:49 AM
The anatomy of a perfect day was simple, really. Children laughing on the streets, young adults helping old ladies, folks of all species getting along well- y'know, the whole shebang. More than perfect, however, it was ordinary, straight down to the stout dwarven woman a few streets down who had just found some reason to club someone who appeared to be her husband over the head with a stale loaf of bread. Even so, it was every day, laughable as the small pets that were welcome to roam the busy streets.

To some, certainly reading a book would be more interesting than the pile of everyday riffraff that was presented here.

So, yes- it was just another everyday sort of day... but who was ever to say that everyday couldn't be interesting, after all? Things happened, pulsing in cities, small towns, homes, streets, anywhere. Sometimes they were quite strange and at other times they were quite ordinary, but they were always there. Certainly, one of the best places to find riffraff anywhere was on the promenade, made all the better by approaching the tavern.

Possibly a little more interesting when opening it, for surely Kajie'luen was about to be greeted by a light gale of beer-warmed air and the atmosphere of casual conversation. Alas, that was not the only thing that Kajie'luen would find upon peacefully, so peacefully opening that door. Indeed, the thing that she'd find could be summed up all in one very simple, highly flexible word; chaos.

Kajie'luen's silent, polite practice was about to be interrupted by someone far less composed. For indeed, were the blood elf not too aware of herself, she might suddenly find the weight of a lady who was more fit to be called a girl clinging to the blood elf's shoulders and face like a rabid animal. Truth be told, this was not too far off the mark- of course, if this were to fail, the frantic one would comedically seem to slide down the back of Kajie'luen's chair, bolting under it like an animal.

An animal that she very much was.

Regardless of where all 120 pounds of her landed, this much was clear- she was talking at, oh, roughly a mile a minute.
"He wants to take my hat, ohmygaaawd my hat. My hat. My hat. He wants to take it!" Such accusatory words, followed by a scathingly spat insult. "He's a weenie." This seemed the best she could come up with, and one could very easily tell that she was glaring even if they couldn't see her face. The fact that an all too human laughter followed behind her didn't make it any better as some bar-gower or other walked up next.
"I just want to see what brand it is, madam, I-"
"Want to steal my hat." The girl again accused, pointing one highly judgmental finger at the bar-goer.

This would be interesting.

She didn't even realize she was making a scene.

KajiMadoushi
05-17-09, 05:00 PM
The fascinating subjects that were covered in the blood elf's reading, made it so that she was totally oblivious to what happener around her, even though she was a physical being in a physically loudy environment. Voices were coming to her from a far but one in particular made it's way past the wall and registered in her mind. The voice seemed to express some kind of annoyed anxiousness mixed with a little bit of anger. "My hat, My hat", was all that she could hear, or maybe that was all that was said but she really was not sure. The emerald orbs of Kajie'luen wandered away from her book of eternal knowledge and landed on a strange creature, well, strange to the eyes of one who had not seen many things in her life. Suddenly, the world around seemed to appear to Kajie'luen,as she realized she was surrounded by people talking,exchanging and playing games. Of course, she knew where she was for she had herself walked into these walls and made her own way to this very table but she wasn't so sure so many action had been going on.. or maybe her reading had taken so much concentration that she had been totally lost in her own little world.

Confusion was the primary emotion over the blood elf's perfect features. "Your hat...?", was all she could say for it was the only word she could make out of the very fast spoken words that had gone around just a few seconds before. As her eyes wandered from the strange creature behind her to the human that seemed interrested in it, her hypothesis of the situation was that someone had stolen someone else's hat but she prefered to not conclude anything too fast.