PDA

View Full Version : It's ME!!!

Zander Bastiaan
04-16-09, 02:09 PM
Hey y'all - it's me, Slavegirl/The Valkyrie. This is my new character. Yes it's an addiction, I think I have like... six or seven now. Anyways, this is my first boy character. Anyone want to play with him? He's pretty! And he can breathe underwater, and swordfight!

BlackAndBlueEyes
04-16-09, 03:07 PM
Harumph. What happened to pure-blooded humans on Althanas?

We're a dying breed...

Tear.

Slavegirl
04-16-09, 03:57 PM
Hey, except for The Valkyrie, this is my only character that ISN'T human here - so I don't want to hear it!

Lightfoot
04-16-09, 04:01 PM
Welcome back, you vetty you. It's always nice to see newer older faces again.

This character reminds me of Mel Odom's Threat From the Sea books. Not to say that's a bad thing, I'm just obsessed with FR novels. >.>

Slavegirl
04-16-09, 04:07 PM
I've never heard of that book --- I based it VERY loosely on a set of short stories by Shana Abe that I can't even remember the names of. Just the race, not so much the character himself. We'll see where he goes, but I'm excited.

Lightfoot
04-16-09, 04:10 PM
Yeah the Threat From the Sea books were just about evil sea creatures starting to attack cities and stuff on dry land and the protagonist has to find help from good underwater creatures, merfolk, sea elves, etc.

He does seem pretty interesting. Out of all the Fantasy races that have been RPed, I think merfolk are treated the worst. I've never RPed a merman, but I always enjoyed the people's writing that did.

Siren
04-16-09, 04:55 PM
I'm a half-mer too! Except this character is under a horrible curse that has never let her finish a thread. -_-

Slavegirl
04-16-09, 05:32 PM
Is there any particular reason? I know the feeling about not finishing threads, but we can certainly try if you'd like. Zander hasn't ever met anyone who actually is mer, so he knows only what his father told him or what he's read. I thikn there's a huge opportunity for both of the characters to expand if you'd like to try...

Siren
04-16-09, 05:46 PM
Well, for a couple of them, the other player just vanished or quit, for another one I quit because the other player and I had a falling out, and then for the other four, they just died.

So, that's seven threads, and not a one ever finished.

Anyway, sure, I'd be willing to try. See if we can't break the curse.

Yari Rafanas
04-16-09, 08:07 PM
Hey! Welcome back.