PDA

View Full Version : Round three: The Whole Glory vs. Sasurai

Shadowed
04-17-09, 12:15 PM
Sup guys. DarkStrike and I are almost done with our posts, so we'd like to go first in our thread. As far as posting order goes, I'm personally fine with having it variable depending on what makes sense at the time. Any specifics you guys need?

Wings of Endymion
04-17-09, 01:14 PM
If you've already got posts ready, then please feel free to go ahead ^^.

I've got work + study tomorrow and the day after, so I don't know how quickly I'll be able to respond, but rest assured I'm on the job. I'll pass the message along to my partner as well!

Regarding posting order, I'm fine with keeping things variable. Do we want to keep the story freeform as well, or would we like to meet up on AIM sometime to try and arrange some structure?

Shadowed
04-17-09, 04:22 PM
I'm helping NightCast with some editing, so we'll have posts up tomorrow at the latest. As far as story goes, I'd like to let it evolve on its own for the moment; once we get somewhere, we can decide where we want to end up.

NightCast
04-17-09, 09:01 PM
It's been a long time since I've bothered to write and it's incredibly evident. I'm up for whatever, I'm also slightly busy over the next two days, but between tomorrow night and EARLY Sunday, I should have an acceptable post completed for thread purposes.

Good luck to you Sasurai!

NightCast
04-19-09, 11:02 PM
Bump.

Sasurai. Terribly sorry about the wait. I went home for the weekend and it ended up being terribly screwy, so I just got the post up. Shadowed's should be short in coming, he needed my post before he could do his. My initial post before editing was terrible.

So, thanks to Shadowed, I feel I've got one helluva post up.

However, please note that I still haven't gotten to the battlefield, my first post had to set up how I was going to end up in it. So my next post, after Shadowed's goes up will actually be me getting into the fight. Again, good luck to you guys, and I'm hoping for one excellent round!

Shadowed
04-19-09, 11:16 PM
All righty. Quick rundown on what's happening.

Yes, I blew up the boat. Fuck yes I did. Note, I left it open so that you could survive if you're already there, and left pieces floating in the water for you to stand on to if you can't fly. At the end of my post, the presence he feels is DarkStrike; I'm letting NC make his own appearance in the actual battlefield.

Now, some housekeeping. Are you guys okay with allowing edits after other people post, to do things like fix up spelling? Obviously, no major edits or changes, just if we happened to miss a typo, etc. Oh, and I apologize for my obscenely long opening post. I'm usually more concise later on.

Flames of Hyperion
04-20-09, 05:35 PM
Re: minor editing - I'll wait for confirmation from Schro here, but we employed a similar rule in the last round so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Am working on refactoring my post at the moment... the ideas, the ideas ^^. I'll try to get something up by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest ^^.

Wings of Endymion
04-24-09, 01:31 PM
Apologies for the lateness... life decided to give me a good kicking just when I least needed it. It seems like my partner's experiencing the same situation... and what's more, with exams approaching, it's only going to get worse from here...

Ah well.

Posted at long last, subject to minor edits at Schro's discretion. Similar to what Shadowed said... the first post is the long one, it'll get shorter from here. Promise!

Shadowed
04-24-09, 02:00 PM
Just wanted to clarify that Honuse doesn't use spells or magic.

Flames of Hyperion
04-24-09, 02:54 PM
Does he not? His profile clearly states that he "is a master of both the biological and electrical schools of magic" and that he uses "spells".

I changed the wording to "lightning", though ^^.

Shadowed
04-24-09, 04:35 PM
I only used that for the 'official' aspect of the tournament, since they wanted special abilities classed as spells and whatnot. Also, that profile is from another site, where I had to word things to fit their definitions of what's allowed, thus it says spells. But since I play him freeform, the profile only says that because I'm too lazy to change it.

NightCast
04-24-09, 09:45 PM
Interesting post, I'll start working on mine. I have no need to really wait for your partner to post before I start working since my post will be getting to the battlefield, possibly doing a minor counter attack or somesuch nonsense.

We shall see, that would end up at the end of the post; it doesn't really matter, though.

Shadowed
04-25-09, 11:13 PM
Just for clarification, what state is the boat in? I left off my post with the keel mostly intact, but I'm not sure if that's how you had it down. Also, I'm a bit confused; that last post mentioned that "a thousand feet was difficult..." implying that Honuse was a thousand feet away. When I ended my post, I described him as being several thousand feet above and to the side, and similarly had him moving once more through the air; he wasn't stationary by the time your post went in.

Schrodinger's Nirvana
04-26-09, 12:43 AM
Well, the boats were on fire in the opening post...and then got hit by lightning...they didn't survive too well. The barrier that Yuka formed protected the two of them - and part of the boat somewhat, but keel or no keel you did say whatever was beneath the water was saved - which means it would most likely sink due to the weather itself :( I will miss that boat. I'd even given it a name...

Sorry about the flying thing - it took me off guard because I hadn't seen it in your bio and was confused without much info on the way of distance/direction too so had opted for a basic "THERE HE IS" "OKAY, I WILL TRY TO HIT HIM" move. I'll edit for clarification~

In case you haven't noticed, I'm not too good with this rpg stuff D: We can't do much else because obviously as you guys are currently in the air, so take what you will of the spell and note the keywords we had in it - that it was hard, that it didn't last for long. Hopefully we at least slowed you down :3

Good luck with your next post!

Shadowed
04-26-09, 12:35 PM
Understood. As far as the wings go, they were mentioned in his history; it's also a basic tenet of his biological mastery.

Shadowed
04-29-09, 12:41 AM
NightCast and I are getting boned with school right now, but we guarantee posts by Thursday night. So just hold tight, and know that you haven't been forgotten.

Schrodinger's Nirvana
04-29-09, 02:03 AM
It's all good. I took ages for crying out loud, so you two are more than welcome to!

NightCast
04-29-09, 07:32 AM
Yeah, so like Shadowed said, we got dicked over by our school work. For me, it's finals week. I have one today and two Friday. I will be making every effort to get a post up by late Thursday into early Friday morning.

I was almost done with my post two days ago; however, as I run a Macbook Pro with both OSX Leopard and Windows XP, I have all of my word processing shit on my Mac side, while running mainly games on my Windows partition. Suffice to say I was nearly done, about 3k words into the post when I somehow clicked out of the text box I was using and hit delete/backspace. It took me back a page and I lost everything; I was so peeved, my creativity flew out the window on me for that day and then I've been busy prepping myself for exams in the following days.

I apologize for the delay.

Schrodinger's Nirvana
04-29-09, 06:10 PM
D00de, you don't need to apologise for an honest mistake. Pfft, happens to me all the time!

You have a life outside the Althanas board. We all do. There is no need to make excuses for it, it does kind of take priority over anything done here.

Save your work regularly to avoid frustration at yourself no matter what it is (I learned this the hard way through university) but most importantly remember that regardless of the rules, regulations and grammar laws, writing is supposed to be fun, a release, and enjoyable.

So chill :) Sasurai is not going to fuss at you for late postings.

NightCast
04-30-09, 02:42 PM
So, as if finals weren't enough. I was caught up in a theft incident. Got dragged down to the station and everything.

Obviously, nothing is up right now, and I have three finals for tomorrow now. >.>

Flames of Hyperion
04-30-09, 03:23 PM
As Schro said, please don't worry ^^. I've had exams all week and will have them for the next three, so I'm certainly not one to talk, lest I bite off my own tongue for a later date.

Hope all turns out well!

Shadowed
05-04-09, 09:42 AM
All right, the round is getting on toward's done, and we've barely started. NightCast has had some major issues in real life. I'm trying to get a hold of him today, and if he's not ready to post, I'm going to bunny his intro and get something going; you two can post from there, or one of you can and hope that NC gets in before the cutoff. Either way, since both of our teams had real life issues and it isn't a case of one team dropping out, are you guys in agreeance to petition for a winner by judgment, instead of whichever team has the least posts forfeiting? Right now, it looks like my team's probably going to get the most posts, and if we win, I don't want it to be on a technicality.

Shadowed
05-05-09, 12:19 PM
It's short and nothing special, but it's a post. Either both of you can go, or one of you can and we'll hope NightCast can get a post up before the round ends. However, as he'll have to completely rewrite it, it's not certain.

NightCast
05-05-09, 08:19 PM
Alright, so here's the deal. A short recap of what happened to me over the past few days.

Wednesday morning, (12 am, or thereabout) I went to the local 7-11 and withdrew approximately $130 and spent about $8 on cigarettes and a lighter. Fast forward to Wednesday night, after that morning where I had inadvertently mentioned having a large amount of cash in my wallet, I hear a knock at my door. Opening the door, I discover two cops who tell me that I'm being arrested for RSP (receiving stolen property) and then promptly haul me down seven floors, out the front door, and down the street to the Public Safety Building, where the station is located.

They sit me down for questioning and it comes to my attention that some numb-nut has lost his wallet with, get this, $122 reportedly missing. This kid supposedly lost his wallet on the seventh floor in Tyson on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. To make a long story short, I have been dragged down to the police station many times. Despite having the bank record that I withdrew the $130, they still are intent on questioning me.

And so the drama continues... I should be able to get a post up before the end date. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

NightCast
05-12-09, 01:13 AM
My post is up. Finally. Again, I am terribly sorry for the delay. Real life can be such a pain. Let me know if you have any questions.