PDA

View Full Version : The Bandit Brotherhood

Yari Rafanas
04-20-09, 09:43 PM
The mark of the Bandit Brotherhood has returned. Carved into trees, painted on tavern walls, and vandalizing the landscape in various ways, the stylized “B” has been seen across Concordia and its neighboring regions. This symbol not only stands as a warning, but a reminder that a powerful organization of like-minded thieves and warriors prowl these woods. Those seeking freedom from the harsh rule of the Corone Empire and desire its fall in the civil war will seek out this mark for the protection the Brotherhood offers. Those bound by law and those that cling to their possessions would do best to avoid it.

http://banditbrotherhood.com/bb.gif

BanditBrotherhood.com (http://banditbrotherhood.com)

One of Althanas' longest-living Power Groups has returned (again) to do what it does best: take anything and everything it wants. I am currently opening this group's ranks to any characters (subject to approval, IC or otherwise) willing to join a band of forest-dwelling thieves and brigands of all types. There are no set restrictions, simply reply here with questions or your application. All IC concerns can be worked out with a thread of your choice. NOTE: When asking to join, please present your IC reasoning for joining.

Characters who fit within the Bandit Brotherhood:
While we certainly welcome thieves, pickpockets, and bandits as the core of our membership, please note that the Bandit Brotherhood is not a group of vile men and monsters. Rapists, executioners, mass murderers, slavers, and those seeking to end life and spread destruction will not be welcome.

It should also be understood that the group has a history of protecting its family and its home of Concordia. The forest is a safe haven for many, and should any soul seeking freedom stumble upon our brothers and sisters and wish for its protection, we will give it.

Visiting this site (which I intend to update frequently) will give you an idea as to what quests and goals we have as a group. Group questions, comments, or concerns can be sent via PM or other contact methods such as AIM. Please post freely in this thread, as well.

banditbrotherhood.com

AIM contact: Windlacer

Saxon
04-20-09, 10:32 PM
I'd like to throw in and try to join this again, but because my character is in the process of being scrapped or.. rather.. gutted and improved, I'm unsure of what we'd be able to do ICly with it until I'm finished.

Bandage
04-20-09, 10:33 PM
I'd like to join. I have some ideas as to why Bandage would join ICly. We can discuss them over AIM if you like.

Yari Rafanas
04-20-09, 11:00 PM
I'd like to throw in and try to join this again, but because my character is in the process of being scrapped or.. rather.. gutted and improved, I'm unsure of what we'd be able to do ICly with it until I'm finished.

Saxon, you're welcome to apply when you know what you're doing. I have no plans of abandoning this group.

Koran
04-21-09, 04:39 PM
I'll throw my dice in with this lot this time around. As far as joining ICly, well, my character never really needed any solid reason to do much of anything, he's pretty much out for himself. =)

Best way to get a hold of me would be via PM, if need be.

Relt PeltFelter
04-21-09, 06:10 PM
Once our prior engagements are completed, I'll be joining up, if you'll have me. Of course, we've already discussed all this, but I felt a formal declaration of intent to be the right course of action.

Let's do this shit.

Yari Rafanas
04-21-09, 06:15 PM
I'll throw my dice in with this lot this time around. As far as joining ICly, well, my character never really needed any solid reason to do much of anything, he's pretty much out for himself. =)

Best way to get a hold of me would be via PM, if need be.

I'd like to consider you but could you present me with an IC reasoning?

Also, Relt approved upon IC resolution.

Koran
04-21-09, 06:37 PM
I sent you a PM, concerning my IC reasoning. =)

Yari Rafanas
04-22-09, 06:26 PM
Koran joins our ranks.

Fibonacci
04-25-09, 07:06 PM
Hey, this is Saxon. I refitted him by splitting him into two, redoing his profile and giving one of his bigger npcs a life of his own. This is him. I'd like to join with this account because I think Fibonacci would probably be better suited in the BB than Saxon himself, given their differences.

For an IC iniation thread, I'm not too sure. Fibonacci is the closest I have to the thieving type and he's in the middle of a bender after seeing his daughter murdered. I'm open to ideas, so if you want to chat about it on AIM or something, mine is Sirusv2ptO.

Othar Almenneran
04-26-09, 07:29 AM
I'd like to join with Othar. He's bitter and twisted and so turning to a life of selfish stealing of other people's hard-earned belongings seems right up his proverbial street.

Nightstalker
04-26-09, 07:56 AM
I'd like to join. IC reason? To better his skills as a Ninja of course, namely stealth, deception, and of course, theft. Where better than the Bandit Brotherhood?

Besides, every group of thieves needs a personal assassin to take out those pesky officials that refuse to be bribed/bought.

Yari Rafanas
04-26-09, 02:13 PM
Fibonacci, Nightstalker, I like the characters and will be adding you guys after a few brief discussions through PM.

Othar, I believe we should work out our thread with Relt before making a call on your membership.

Othar Almenneran
04-26-09, 02:16 PM
That makes sense. We shall see what happens then.

Yari Rafanas
04-26-09, 05:17 PM
I would like a thread started featuring Fibonacci, Nightstalker, and Koran. I have a few ideas of my own, but do the three of you have anything in mind?

Nightstalker
04-26-09, 07:10 PM
Well, as it just so happens, Nightstalker is due to leave The Citadel bound for Akashima soon for reasons of his own.

I believe, but am not certain, that Concordia is a bit out of the way for 'stalker's current path. So with that in mind, someone, would need to explain the benefits of joining the brotherhood before he went south to actually join the brotherhood. Since his old master is dead, he needs a new, living master to continue training his skills and become better.

Saxon
04-26-09, 07:27 PM
I would like a thread started featuring Fibonacci, Nightstalker, and Koran. I have a few ideas of my own, but do the three of you have anything in mind?

Let me think about it. Been swamped lately and haven't had the time to sit around and think about this stuff. I'll keep you posted when I figure something out.

Nightstalker
04-27-09, 07:53 PM
As it turns out, Nightstalker was directed by an Aibrone monk to go south and inquire about joining the brotherhood, so he's headed that way anyway. I'm up for anything.

Yari Rafanas
04-30-09, 06:37 PM
If you guys are ready to do this I think I'd like to start a thread featuring the port town of Jadet that will eventually lead into Concorida, Yari's hideout, and one other location I don't want to reveal. Underwood is also an option.

If Nightstalker is looking for information, pickpockets in these cities would have a connection to the brotherhood, some even members, so they can be a starting place. I know I have Nightstalker's commitment, but I need to know if Koran and Fib are down. If not, that's fine, it can be joined at a later time.

Nightstalker
04-30-09, 07:16 PM
I'm down like china town.

Sorry, I'll try harder with my next one liner. :(

Saxon
05-01-09, 12:55 AM
Sorry about the wait. I got promoted over the weekend and have spent the week getting used to a drastically new schedule since I've started working the night shift. I want to give this some more thought on my part because I'm not really content with the background nightstalker has given me and I think I could come up with something better for Fibonacci.

I've been busy with preparing for another quest, but that should be out of the way soon. But, if it's all right I'd like to take you up on your offer and do an initation later in a seperate thread when I've got time to sort this all out.

Thanks.

Yari Rafanas
05-01-09, 07:06 PM
Understandable, Saxon. Look forward to starting something else soon. If you have any ideas or time for something involving this new plan, let me know.

Poison
05-01-09, 09:28 PM
I think Poison would fit in nicely in the BB... like Nightstalker she's an assassin/thief.

She needs a place to be able to call "home" to some degree. At least for now. I have a plan for some fairly important even in Knife's Edge, but it still needs some tweaking.

Nightstalker
05-02-09, 08:40 AM
I think Poison would fit in nicely in the BB... like Nightstalker she's an assassin/thief.

She needs a place to be able to call "home" to some degree. At least for now. I have a plan for some fairly important even in Knife's Edge, but it still needs some tweaking.

Woohoo!

Hey, we could start our own assassin's wing of the BB...

Yari Rafanas
05-02-09, 11:22 PM
Alright, Nightstalker. We'll give Koran a few days for feedback before it ends up just being you and me.

Fibonacci is gonna hook us up with a quest of different sorts.

I am gonna not get my balls burned by Relt.

Lastly, Poison. Questions fired your way.

Oh, yeah. Site updated. http://banditbrotherhood.com/wordpress/?page_id=22

Koran
05-03-09, 12:22 AM
Sorry to burst the creative bubble, but I've already sent my decision to Yari. Of course, I could always just post it here, for general knowledge's sake.

Due to a rather unfortunate series of events, my internet has decided that it would be better off assisting someone other than me (seeing as the damn thing never answers my phone calls or texts, I can only assume as much.) As such, I regret to inform that my comings and goings to the site (for the time being. I'm going to give that net a firm talking to in the coming months.) will be rather limited. I still have every intention of making a full return and being an active member in the Bandit Brotherhood, but in so far as my initial initiation stuffs, I regret to inform that I must pass. If necessary to include my character in the recruiting events (quests and the like) I grant permission to the thread starter, or Yari himself should he be present, to make a passing reference to my characters interest and request for membership. Or, better yet, you could incorporate Jordhan (Myself.) as a kindly old manish person NPC. He is, after all, a shapeshifter and when not wanting to be caught in the lime-light, tends to blend rather seamlessly into the background. Just an idea, but one that would be quite tricky to pull off.

I personally suggest the passing reference. Again, sorry for the trouble and as soon as I catch that slippery internet and tie it firmly to the chair this time, I'll be up and running with you guys once again, or rather, for the first time.

=P

Nightstalker
05-03-09, 08:33 AM
Well, Life happens, Live it up.

Yari, looks like its just the two of us, do you have ideas, or shall I come up with something.

Yari Rafanas
05-03-09, 01:52 PM
No worries, Koran.

I think we should stick with your original idea, but maybe fitted for two.

Nightstalker
05-03-09, 05:51 PM
We can easily use two NPC's. I'll make one up, you make the other one up. Then of coure, I control the one I made, you control the one you made. Their easily written off though.

Lady Blackwell
05-03-09, 06:56 PM
I guess i should join this PG seeing as

1) it fits perfectcly with Max ICly

2) it also fits the account name perfectcly

so im throwing my hat in aswell, i just got my internet at my new place so my writing should drasticly improve. if that was a concern

Yari Rafanas
05-03-09, 07:10 PM
Bandit Brother, you will need to improve your writing prior to joining. Once you are solid and consistent, please feel free to seek us out again. Thanks for considering.

Poison is accepted. Perhaps she should join in on the thread with Nightstalker and myself.

Lady Blackwell
05-03-09, 07:16 PM
Aye Aye, Skippy

the project of revamping my writing starts tommorow

Yari Rafanas
05-03-09, 07:19 PM
Calling me "Skippy" has just prevented you from ever obtaining membership. Tough luck.

Nightstalker
05-03-09, 07:31 PM
Well, if Poison doesn't mind getting caught in the middle of a theft, arrested, and thrown in prison for Yari and 'staker to rescue...

Nightstalker
05-04-09, 04:37 PM
Double Post because I'm just that good.

Poison and I have reached an agreement on the course of the intro thread, Yari's rolll remains unchanged. Thus, just as soon as he's good and ready, Poison and I are ready to begin the Initiation Thread!

Poison
05-04-09, 04:41 PM
let's get this started! i'm looking forward to this...

Yari Rafanas
05-04-09, 08:07 PM
Roll out!

Nightstalker
05-04-09, 08:09 PM
To clarify, should you start the thread, or should Poison? I don't make much sense considering where I come in at. I think Poison should start, since it all starts because of her.

Yari Rafanas
05-04-09, 08:13 PM
I'd like to make a late intro. I'd like for Poison to make the first post. However, if Poison isn't comfy doing so, I can start.

Poison
05-05-09, 02:33 AM
I suppose I can start it... not sure what I'd call it yet. are there any specifics that I need to include?

Nightstalker
05-05-09, 08:33 AM
Well, in the title, you should probably have (Closed, Bandit Brotherhood Initiation Quest)

As for the intro itself, remember it's in Underwood, and what Poison is there for. Until you get caught, it's all you.

Poison
05-05-09, 01:40 PM
no...really? i thought i'd leave it open for just anyone to pop in... [/sarcasm] :p

i was referring to what to title it... i don't typically do well with titles... at least not that are very interesting

as for specifics, i was referring to whether I needed to mention anything ICly in particular (other than that her purpose for being there in the first place was as her initiation). Unless I'm told otherwise, I'm going to assume that I get to name this law-keeper type person that catches me...

Yari Rafanas
05-05-09, 06:34 PM
Would prefer if the title didn't have the ugly details in it. In fact, you don't need to put any of the OOC details into the post at all. We know who gets them. Just make sure you open the thread in Concordia.

"United through Want" comes to mind.

As far as pacing goes, if you'd like for the three stories to converge at once, you can simply setup what you're doing. Meanwhile, Stalker can set up himself as well. Two stories going at once can end up being entertaining to switch back and forth.

Aiko
05-05-09, 06:58 PM
Yes Poison, you can name the constable or whatever he is. You can even determine what he is. But his position and authority is clear enough. I'll set up his replacement since we all know the one you name is going to come down with a bad case of assassination. Hey, maybe they should be brothers...

'stalker, different account

Poison
05-06-09, 02:17 AM
ooo i like that idea, Yari...

thanks for the title suggestion.. i'll probably use it and should have my opening post up in a day or so. if more than three days goes by without a post or me saying something here, BUG ME... i have several other accounts, AIM and MSN...

other accounts: Jasmine, Jessi, Cassandra, Heartsblood
AIM: bikerchic1983
MSN: bikerchic4christ@hotmail.com

Poison
05-08-09, 07:25 PM
double post.. so sue me...

thread is up... United Through Want (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=148150#post148150)

It's not a long intro, I know... I was just kinda placing her in Underwood with that.

Nightstalker
05-08-09, 08:15 PM
*Gets the twelve most powerful lawyers and sues Poison*

I'll place Nightstalker in the vicinity. He'll pass right by her and never notice she's there. He'll get a room for the night while he ponders what to do to show his worthiness to the brotherhood for admittance.

I'm assuming by the time day comes, you'll be caught, and then we can go on as planned.

Poison
05-08-09, 09:24 PM
precisely ^_^

Yari Rafanas
05-08-09, 09:31 PM
Good job so far, guys. I think you should keep the momentum with you two posting for now, as I am not feeling an opening for myself. Cool?

Poison
05-09-09, 01:45 AM
works for me...

Aiko
05-09-09, 07:56 AM
Just waiting on poison

Poison
05-11-09, 03:52 PM
posteded!

Yari Rafanas
05-11-09, 04:43 PM
Word of Poison's capture will spread quickly through the streets of Underwood, and a young boy will make his way into the forest to deliver the message to Yari. He'll reach him by morning. If you want to post before that, Nightstalker, go for it. I'll see what I can get done today or tomorrow.

Nightstalker
05-14-09, 09:44 PM
Posted finally. I made up a rival group that's all but put out of business, they fled the city, but spoke far too loudly outside Nightstalker's, I mean Nigl T Stahker's bedroom. This is how he learned both of poison's capture, and of Yari's coming. Their spies on the road sent word.

Poison
05-16-09, 03:03 AM
Hey Yari, do you want to post now? or wait until Poison and 'Stalker get out of the Prison?

Libis
05-16-09, 08:37 AM
Regarding our thread, are we in the brotherhood now, or do we need to do a seperate initiation thread?

EDIT: This is Othar btw.

Yari Rafanas
05-16-09, 08:59 PM
I'm officially accepting you, Othar, along with Relt. We'll talk more later on what happened after they wandered off and where exactly they wandered off too. In fact, come Monday, I should have that portion added to the site.

As for you guys in the ninja assassin wing of the Brotherhood. I know I keep delaying it, but my post is gonna have to either come tomorrow or Monday. You're fine to post, Poison, but hold of on further adding to the thread after that please. I need to step in :]

I also think we should have a separate thread for activity in threads. I'll start that up later.

Poison
05-16-09, 11:15 PM
okie dokie.. will do. i should have my post up either tonight or sometime on Sunday

Yari Rafanas
05-18-09, 12:56 PM
New thread created for Quest Discussion. This page will be used for membership applications and group announcements. Found here:
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=19169

Site updated to include up to date Member Roster.

Relt PeltFelter
05-18-09, 03:24 PM
Whoo, that was a bumpy ride. Bandit Brotherhood times are the best of times. I may have some schemes in the process of scheming which would be all the better for involving other BB members, so expect to hear from me frequently.

Yari Rafanas
05-28-09, 06:42 PM
((The following order was passed through the ranks and distributed by way of mouth through many encampments occupied by the Bandit Brotherhood. Those agents operating outside of Concordia were delivered this message in the form of a small, hand written letter signed Taydrius Yari Rafanas.))

The Bandit Brotherhood stands as a group for those who seek to explore their personal freedoms and live free of oppressive laws. For this reason, I declare that no brother or sister should act hostile towards any known member/ally of the Corone Rangers unless put directly in harms way. They may frown upon some of our darker deeds, but they fight to protect Corone and My Forest. Please, help them where you see fit, but know that a slight against the Rangers is a slight against Concordia and my family.

~Taydrius Yari Rafanas

Yari Rafanas
06-02-09, 06:45 PM
Heads up:

With the new PG system in place, the BB is going to get a jump start. We are looking for every level, with moderate skill. If your character is a freedom fighter, a warrior in search of a group, a thief, a con-man, an assassin, or a forest-lover, or somebody who would get along with one... JOIN US! Concordia needs you, and we need you.

Planning on detailing our hideout and fleshing out what we have to offer soon.

A notice to current members: If you haven't established a reason for being in the BB, let's do it soon. If you haven't participated in some sort of thread tying yourself to Concordia and our cause, do it soon. While there is no set rule for inactivity, this will always be up to me to determine. Thanks.

Yari Rafanas
06-08-09, 07:19 PM
News: Treasury thread with the account Bandit Brotherhood Vault (due to character limit restrictions) created. For now, the "vault" holds nothing. Let me know if we're changing that.

Additionally, there are plans in the coming days to create a layout of our encampment in Concordia. This will be explored in a thread that will hopefully approve a membership perk.

Trepanation
06-12-09, 12:48 PM
I'd llike to join. My character is at least four of those six prerequisites you stated above.

Yari Rafanas
06-12-09, 09:27 PM
I'm interested, but you're presenting me a profile (though impressive) with little to no activity. Wanna PM me a couple reasons you come out of nowhere and want to join up?

Yari Rafanas
06-14-09, 02:58 AM
Trepanation is in!

The Reborn
11-07-09, 03:05 PM
I would not mind joining the BB.
My character fits in well with the forest and could easily be taught how to fit in with the Bandit way of life.