PDA

View Full Version : Mykael: another Newbie

Mykael
05-02-09, 07:56 PM
Hello gang,

I am mostly new to this play by posting role playing. OK, so I have never actually done this before, but I have often watched my wife do so and have fun over at the Yahoo Star Wars forums. I thought today "Heck, I need to give it a try. I love to write and need to practice my skills. I need to keep stretching the imagination; it's good exercise." So, I registered here. This site seemed promising. :)

No, I am not a Star Wars geek like my wife, though I highly enjoy the story, movies, and games.

I am, however, an avid fantasy fan and sometimes like to delve a little into sci-fi. Right now I am reading "The Alchemyst" by Michael Scott. Recently, I have read "The Icarus Hunt" by Timothy Zahn.

The expressive side of my personality is getting me totally off track and off my original focus.:o

I want to do this right so that I am at most (hopefully) only a minor annoyance to the more experienced crowd here. The way I understand it, as a newbie, I gotta post the beginning of my characters story in the "Peaceful Promenade" thread somewhere. OK, I guess I'll go do that and see what happens. :confused:

I'll see you there as I begin the story of Mykael, the Bard/Ranger wannabe whom has no real sense of direction in life.

Irene
05-02-09, 08:41 PM
Greetings and Welcome.

1) Beware all things offered to you, for they might be poisoned.
2) Beware the resident trolls. Feel free to feed them, but know that you may not get your arm back.
3) If you need help, feel free to ask.
4) Mods have their names in Italics. Admins have theirs in Bold.
5) Serilliant is the head of Administration and rules this site with an Iron Fist clothed in Velvet. Cross at your own peril.
6) I'm a very weird person.
7) There's more, but I can't remember anything else you might need to know, and I'm sure the rest of the welcome committee will assist me with whatever I forgot.
8) Have a nice day. This is not an option, or a request. If you do not have a Nice day. I will send in the Wereclowns until you do have a nice day.
9) This site is addicting. You can leave, but no one leaves forever.

Yari Rafanas
05-02-09, 08:59 PM
Hello. Welcome to the site.

BTW, I don't see that you've registered your character. You have to register your character here:

http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Max Dirks
05-02-09, 09:10 PM
Dude, I started with Star Wars on Yahoo too! God, that was a long time ago. You aren't married to Alliana Rose Kamal, by chance are you?

In any event, welcome to Althanas, I'm sure you'll have fun here.

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-02-09, 11:05 PM
Grittings and welcome!

Mykael
05-03-09, 07:28 AM
My wife plays the character Jade Albright (now deceasded), and has began play as Jade's daughter, Allora Albright.

Lord Anglekos
05-03-09, 12:40 PM
Welcome. If you need any assistance or have any questions, feel free to contact one of the moderators or administrators. Also, several older veterans can help you if we (the staff) aren't available.
Hope you stick around!

Lathienas Miraq
05-03-09, 02:11 PM
9) This site is addicting. You can leave, but no one leaves forever.

It is dammit...

Witchblade
05-04-09, 07:38 AM
Welcome to Althanas!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid, zombified characters. Do not feed the following people: Max Dirks, Lord Anglekos, Serilliant, BlackandBlueEyes, Christoph, Letho, Arsene and Yari Rafanas for they may become attached to you afterwards and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters. Do not be alarmed for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following thread. Have a nice day. ^_^

*offers cookies*

Magic Bullet
05-11-09, 09:26 PM
newbie, whatever. just use discretion and you will be a star. hell- I like you already, so you must be doing something right... right?

right!