PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Cordelia
05-10-09, 08:47 AM
Hey there. Just dropping in to introduce myself and, hopefully, to get to know a few of you. I'm relatively new to the whole play-by-post thing, but I've been writing creatively for awhile. In fact, I'm hoping to use this site to get me back in the habit of churning out work on a regular basis.

That said, I'm in the process of working on a solo to describe how, exactly, Cordelia goes from humble circus stagehand to adventurer par excellence. I'm also interested in getting involved in a thread with other writers, if anyone has something going on.

I look forward to writing with you!

Arawn
05-10-09, 09:00 AM
It's nice to meet you.

I'm only just getting back into the swing of things myself, but I look forward to seeing your writing on the forums. This is really a great place for creative expression. I'd hope to join you in a thread when I've got my mojo back.

Irene
05-10-09, 09:12 AM
Welcome, hit me up for a thread anytime, I promise not to bite, hard, often. Of course, I'm in the middle of so many, that I might actually have you wait awhile, before I'm open to RP.

meanwhile, The Recruiting Forum (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=170) is the place to go to look to join someone else's thread, or maybe advertise your own.

Questions, comments? feel free to ask them here in your intro thread. Private concerns you wish to share only with staff? Italicized usernames are Mods, and Bolded usernamess are admins, with Serilliant being uncontested king of the site. Feel free to pester them anytime, day or night.

They also have this neat little blue graphic at the bottom of their side panel, you know, where the avvy's go. It says whether their Mod or Admin. No blue graphic? Just a regular user, but some users are pretty darn helpful.

Witchblade
05-10-09, 09:58 AM
aww, but being bitten is the best part. ;)

Welcome to Althanas!

Please keep your arms and legs inside the forum at all times or they may be removed by rabid, zombified characters. Do not feed the following people: Letho, Serilliant, Max Dirks, BlackandBlueEyes, Christoph, Yari Rafanas, Godhand, and Arsene for they may become attached to you afterwards and are hard to get rid of. Any screams you may now be experiencing are the sounds of dying characters. Do not be alarmed, for they shall be revived in new and inventive ways the following thread. Have a nice day. ^_^

If you have any questions, feel free to ask those of us with a bold or italicized name. Even the regular members can help you with most things.

Visla Eraclaire
05-10-09, 11:42 AM
ctrl+v...

...Oh wait, I mean welcome.

In fact, I'm hoping to use this site to get me back in the habit of churning out work on a regular basis.

It certainly is well suited for that. I saw your profile posted a while back; I'm glad you've gotten off to a good start.

Yari Rafanas
05-10-09, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty easy to get rid of, actually.

Welcome to the site.

BlackAndBlueEyes
05-10-09, 10:58 PM
Grittings and welcome!

As a few of the people who regular this site could tell you, I could stand to eat a sandwich or two. So don't heed Witchy's warnings and go ahead and feed me: I'm generally well-behaved unless old school videogames (NES/SNES era) are brought up in conversation--then it's nigh impossible to make me leave you alone.

Veatrix
05-10-09, 11:50 PM
I'm generally well-behaved unless old school videogames (NES/SNES era) are brought up in conversation--then it's nigh impossible to make me leave you alone.

Playstation/Playstation2 games are still better.

Oh yeah, EDIT: Cordelia happens to be one of my favorite Buffyverse characters. Welcome.

Godhand
05-11-09, 03:53 PM
Hey, don't drag me into this loser parade.

Magic Bullet
05-11-09, 09:24 PM
Hi, my name is Magic Bullet. You can call me Gabe. I'm new too, but don't worry, it's all love.

Cordelia
05-12-09, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Libis
05-12-09, 11:16 AM
Ahhh, Fresh meat.
*Ahem* I mean welcome. Ever want to play then hit me up sometime.