PDA

View Full Version : To Capture a Sound...

Othar Almenneran
05-11-09, 11:24 AM
Othar flicked his antenna angrily. The trek from the tavern where he had been staying had not been long but the weather was not favouring those with black hide and the vicious sun beat down upon his back-plate. The large wound that scarred the large chitin plate oozed angry yellow pus. A brawl with a half-elf over Othar's heritage had left him injured but had netted him a large iron knife. It was a plain and simple thing, that he had little knowledge of how to use. He felt however, that as he was near the Bazaar he might as well try to find someone who could augment it for him. Ekendra settled upon his shoulder and whispered in his ear.

'You know how the people around here flinch when we talk? Maybe, we can turn that to our advantage.' This piece of advice was rare from the oft unhelpful girl that was Othar's heartmate. Since his tragically miscalculated attempt at advanced magic, which had left them both resembling bugs, he had noticed she was losing some of her original idiosyncrasies. He himself had lost some of his original character and was becoming bitter but, much as he hated this change, he felt himself also reveling in the emotions. He felt freedom, he was no longer constrained by the rules of an apathetic human society.

Othar, with his heart-mate in tow made their way to an enchanters shop. He had taken Ekendra's advice and decided to us his call to his advantage. He brought a chitinous claw crashing down on the countertop. Chittering to his mate about the use of an empty shop, he again battered the counter. When the owner finally appeared, Othar gave his order, with little heed for manners or containment of bodily fluids.

'I require an enchantment to be placed upon this knife.' He threw it on the counter after he withdrew it from a pouch of skin in one of his limbs.

'I need it to be able to project screams, much like my own' Here he punctuated his speech with a demonstration. It was an unearthly, chittering cry that caused grown men outside the shop to flinch. 'They must sound as if they are coming from multiple directions, and be loud enough to sound convincing...'

'Also, I have my mate here.' He gestured at Ekendra who formed herself into her human form and curtsyed in the flimsy green dress that adorned her person. Only a slight grin betrayed the sarcasm of this movement. 'She needs a weapon. What would be good for her would be to have a gem that allows her to project a shortsword when she is in human form. It need only be steel when it's projected, but the amulet must be small enough for her to wear in her true form as a bug. The sword must be corporeal but be able to be wielded by her incorporeal form.'

He stopped speaking and withdrew his bag of money from another fold of skin.

Viola Conda
05-23-09, 07:16 PM
The man watched as the two....whatevers....made their claims, and after a moment he couldn't help but say,

"OH MY GOD!!! ARE YOU GUYS ALIENS? HUH HUH HUH, I MEAN COME ON SERIOUSLY YOU TALK AND ACT HUMAN BUT YOU CLEARLY GOT SOME STRANGE ALIEN VIBE AND IT REALLLLLLLLLLY CREEPS ME OUT!" He stated stretching out the words. "ARE YOU PLANNING FOR WORLD DOMINATION OR SOMETHING? ARE YOU GOING TO CAPTURE SOME OF OUR COWS AND PROBE THEM AND MAKE THEM INTO WEAPONS TO USE AGAINST US? ARE YOU GOING TO INFECT OUR SWINE WITH THE FLU? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO ME?????" he continued to shout, overly attracting attention that really wasn't needed.

After several minutes of his ranting (SEVERAL), he stopped talking about conspiracy theory's and got to the heart of the matter. "This...is really going to cost you. Amulets that change into swords? Not a cheap trade. that alone can cost you northwards of 500 gold...and that dagger scream? I can maybe....maybe make it work, but not for anything less than 200 gold."

Othar Almenneran
05-25-09, 09:18 PM
Othar stood, dumbstruck in the face of the shopkeepers outburst. He took offence at several of the comments and stepped up to the counter of the shop, completely forgetting that he was facing a mage of unknown power. Leaning as far forward as he could he spat at the owner.

'But three weeks ago, you would have accepted us as your friends, equals even, as mages were we both.' He chittering voice trembled evn more than usaul as he struggled to hold his rage in check. His every muscle was tensed and the dagger lay inches away from his fist.

Although provoked by the man's shouting, his accusation also served as a stall for him to gain a little time. The 700 gold proposed was a long way out of his price range. Athough he could not help but feel that the keeper had misunderstood one of his requests.

'I do not wish for an amulet that changes into a sword, merely that it projects an image of a sword. Surely the mere shard of crystal required for a girl this small' he gestured at his miniscule heart-mate 'is cheap and the enchantment not complicated?' His voice had resumed its nomal tone as he spoke now. The man obviously knew little, judging by his reaction to the pair and so Othar felt a neccesity to reiterate his request.

Hissing to himself he waited for a reply, thinking whether he should accept the offer of 200 on the dagger, but he decided to see what was made of his reduced request for Ekendra. She was fluttering around the store, looking at anything shiny and or beautiful. He suddenly barked at her to stop touching things before the shopkeeper charged them for the other items too, as he was obviously intent on swindling them.

Viola Conda
05-27-09, 12:54 PM
"Wha, Wha is this, ALIEN GOO?!?!?!" He frantically tried to wipe his face getting the spit out. "An image of a sword huh? Ya, I can drop that to a mere 175, but it won't be able to do...well...anything but project. The dagger I have to remain firm on though, because the sound crystals need to be arranged just right, and your banshee howl will shatter most of them unless I get it just right..." He scribbled his work on the paper.

Tainted Bushido
07-24-09, 05:22 PM
Transaction closed due to Inactivity. Please PM me if you wish to continue it.