PDA

View Full Version : Purging the List

Arawn
05-13-09, 07:47 AM
I was checking out the Members List to spark some nostalgia but found it very cluttered. On the first page alone 5/6 of the profiles have zero posts. Many other pages had no used profiles at all.

Now, I know we don't want to discourage users in any way and like them to have their account warm and waiting for them when they return, but do we really do any damage by getting rid of the likes of -=#pussygirl#=-, ALLCHEAPSOFTWAREu or AntivirusProtect?

Perhaps we should remove zero-post profiles after a certain span of time. What do you all think?

P.S. Does anyone remember a character that was an otter? The account started with a 'B', I think...

Visla Eraclaire
05-13-09, 08:28 AM
I can see why they haven't purged anything thus far, given that people have a substantial history of coming back, but I think you're right.

If the account has ZERO posts, there's really nothing to be lost in purging it after a year or so.

Letho
05-13-09, 09:46 AM
P.S. Does anyone remember a character that was an otter? The account started with a 'B', I think...Brogalaw. Or something close to that. He had lots of GP.

EDIT: Link (http://www.althanas.com/world/member.php?u=148).

Saxon
05-13-09, 11:29 AM
I'm for it, but as long as we don't get carried away with it. Like, only user accounts that haven't had any activity in over a year and have zero posts since their account registration. It'd probably make looking through the member list a lot easier.

Veatrix
05-13-09, 06:08 PM
It'd probably make looking through the member list a lot easier.

More like a dream.
Yes.

Lightfoot
05-13-09, 06:57 PM
VA approves of this idea. d(^_^)b

googlyeyesultra
06-10-09, 11:11 PM
Just make sure you give it plenty of time before purging. I sometimes sign up to a forum, spend a month or so reading up and writing a character, and then make my first post. But ya, a year later with no posts, should be fine.