PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Finals: Body and Mind vs. Whispers in the Wind

Christoph
05-29-09, 10:31 PM
Well hey, here we are at last. Home stretch. I'm looking forward to a good battle. Does anyone have any first-post preferences? It doesn't matter to me, though I've written the first post for the last three battles, and I'm perfectly fine with letting someone else do it this time, if anyone else wants to (I don't mind either way, as I said).

Christoph
06-01-09, 05:59 PM
So, shall I assume that nobody else wants the first post?

Petoux
06-01-09, 10:29 PM
Mike wants too (My teammate) He should shortly. If he doesn't in the next 2 days ... I will ok?

Christoph
06-02-09, 10:38 AM
Sounds good to me. What order to we want to run with? Team A1, Team A2, Team B1, Team B2 or Team A1, Team B1, Team A2, Team B2?

Christoph
06-02-09, 09:27 PM
I'm not normally one to nitpick, but is that massive picture really necessary? It go against the spirit of this writing tournament; the point is to be able to express yourself with words and paint a picture in the reader’s mind that way. Beyond that, it makes the post really annoying to read because it forces me to scroll horizontally for every line.

Mikeavelli
06-02-09, 09:50 PM
that's why I put it behind a spoiler tag. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to work in this forum..

I'll probably just put the link to the picture instead of leaving it there. Petoux tracked down the image, and it seemed a wonderfully thematic picture for our given dungeon, but without it ya'll wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about with screaming stone faces carved into the wall.

Christoph
06-02-09, 10:01 PM
Well, as I said, this is a writing competition. If you can't describe it with words in such a way that the reader would understand, then a picture isn't going to improve your score. But my position is that so long as I can read your posts only using vertical scrolling, you can go ahead and do whatever you want.

Mikeavelli
06-02-09, 10:06 PM
I switched it out for a link to the picture.

:)

Christoph
06-02-09, 10:34 PM
Good enough for me. Who's going next? Does Petoux wish to make the next post, or do you guys want it to pass to my team?

Petoux
06-04-09, 12:33 AM
You go next ... then I will Chris.

Gesse
06-04-09, 09:09 AM
And I'll post 4th.

Farmboy
06-04-09, 09:14 PM
I don't mean to interrupt but I just want to say that I'll be interested to see how both teams deal with the two different arenas that I entered into the contest (I think having the third I entered being used is... doubtful?). I think it'll be fun in and of itself just to see different perspectives on the image I had in my head when I plucked those from my head.

But anyways, good luck, have fun, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you utilize the space given to you. 8D

Petoux
06-05-09, 03:50 AM
Thanks Farmboy ... Anyway, my post is up. You're up Gesse. Hope you like my addition to the story of how this dungeon came about ;)

Christoph
06-11-09, 01:05 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like you guys may win by default again, unless my partner turns up.

Petoux
06-11-09, 02:25 AM
Hmmm ... I don't think he's going to. We only have one day left ... plus ... EVEN if he does manage to post, the time difference between the posts would still give us the automatic win right?

Or am I missing something?

Mike (my partner) told me something about this or whatever.

Well ... good game then.

Sorry to hear about Geese.

Liked your post though. Very nicely done.

:D

Christoph
06-11-09, 11:19 AM
It's odd that it's ending on the 12th. That's only two weeks. Every other round was three. o.0

Mikeavelli
06-11-09, 04:00 PM
Yeah, in the Althanas Battle FAQ in the Tournement of Champions forum, there's a note on Brevity, about how points are deducted for unusually long delays.

Nevertheless, it took me a while to find that, I'm pretty sure it's not a standard Althanas rule, and I don't think it's actually come up in any ToC fight. So it's safe to say we can ignore that.

Petoux
06-11-09, 04:45 PM
By Tainted Bushido:

1) The Semi Finals will begin at 12AM PST on 5/29/2009. They will continue until 6/12/2009.

Hmmm ... you are probably right. *Looks at Calender* ... yup 2 weeks exactly.

And yeah ... I've also noticed about the 2 week thing or whatever.

I think, in my opinion anyway, that they want extra time for the finals.

In other words...

2 weeks for semi-finals

4 weeks for finals

Makes sense to me. ToL (Tournament of Lameness ... err ... I mean Legends :p) on the giveuaplready forums had extra time for the finals, but to compensate ... took a little bit away from the semi-finals.

Maybe Althanas is copy cat-ing that idea?

However, no offense to Tainted Bushido ... BUT ... he did calculate his math incorrectly last round for our team. Maybe he did it again with the calender?

EDIT:

Just thought of something too ...

Since we don't have the 12 post minimum or whatever it is ... is now exp and gold void?

I forgot the rule on that.

If not, exp and gold will be pitifully and WAY to extremely low (EVEN with double amount) because of only one post each (possibly ... assuming that Geese doesn't post).

Christoph
06-12-09, 12:18 AM
Just seems strange, since three weeks was barely enough for battles to finish in previous rounds. Even rather active matches would be hard pressed to reach the minimum in two weeks.

Petoux
06-12-09, 02:55 AM
The semi-finals are going a lot worse than I expected. Not even 6 total posts yet between both competitors.

What's going on here?

I wonder if no one cares anymore.

In all honesty, fine by me ... easier to get the money / win the prize for us that way.

NightCast
06-12-09, 10:23 AM
Pardon my intrusion:

The semi-finals are going a lot worse than I expected. Not even 6 total posts yet between both competitors.

What's going on here?

I wonder if no one cares anymore.

In all honesty, fine by me ... easier to get the money / win the prize for us that way.

Barring some fluke, or the hospitalization of Shadowed or myself, it's not going to be "easier" in the slightest.