PDA

View Full Version : Held by Grace

Dissoni Alanacci
06-04-09, 02:53 PM
One day I all of a sudden all the stress of my life hit me hard, and I needed just to write about it. This is what came out.

Held by Grace....

__I'm trapped... Every day I feel suppressed under the weight of the world, my sin.
_
__My breathes are getting shorter, my arms are shaking,
_I want to just let go!, or step aside.
_
__But I'm trapped! To my front a menacing, black, shabby coat on a raggady haired failure,
my future.
_
__Behind me, my past, my mistakes, my bane. They push, they trip, _they nag, they poke, they suffocate....
_
__To my left, a beautiful woman, so bright, but I can't see her face!
_She won't look at me, she is turned....
_
__I miss her soft voice.... Her name was Love.
_
__To my right, alas a break! Only a large parchment in my way. I will break through. I take my weapon...,
__The world is harder to lift with one arm. I attack my right.
_The parchment is brick!
_
__They're taunting me! They're laughing, I'm choking, somebody save me! I can't hold it up anymore....
_
__I wonder if dying now would end it... end the suffering.
_
__But no! I look below, what is holding me up? A little girl and an abused man, brighter than even the woman.
_
__They can do it,..I will too. I can live for the two holding me up.
_
__The shining man and the little girl are my strength.

Taskmienster
06-04-09, 03:15 PM
These can't be judged. They're put up in the creative writing area of the OOC forums so that people can write outside of Althanas. You don't get a judgment for these types of threads, just the approval and commentary of other people... sometimes.

If you post in the forums, you must be approved first in order to do so. Secondly, you must have at least 10 posts or 10,000 words in a thread before it can be submitted for judgment.

Dissoni Alanacci
06-04-09, 08:04 PM
Dang. I had all day, you know, to commit to writing and I guess I get excited. I wasn't sure about... well, everything. Please don't write me off as a trigger-happy ask-too-much or whatever. As soon as I know a rule I WILL follow it. Again, sorry. And I figured those requirements existed right after I submitted it.... I guess I'll write for a while before I think of doing that again.

Veatrix
06-04-09, 09:15 PM
What you can do is wait for your character to go through the approval process here (http://althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=7). Once your character is approved, you can start writing as much as you want. You can even submit what you want to write, as long as its ten posts minimum!

And don't worry, the trigger-happy ones are the best ones to work with!

Dissoni Alanacci
06-05-09, 12:44 PM
I can't write OOC untill my character is approved? Ok, I can deal with that.... I'm still waiting for approval, though, so I guess I'll come back in a few days. Thanks, everyone, for the help.

Veatrix
06-05-09, 12:50 PM
You can write OOC, but not IC without a character being approved. You can keep posting as many OOC prose here as you like. It's very well-appreciated by some!

Dissoni Alanacci
06-05-09, 01:34 PM
Really? Thx, I didn't know that... Anyway, ok, I just misunderstood. I have some other unfinished works and others finished that I can't seem to locate anymore.... OK.

Taskmienster
06-06-09, 03:30 AM
If your profile was editted you were supposed to make a post saying so, otherwise myself (as the approvals mod) would not be aware that anything was done. That's why it was still waiting. I looked over it again, and approved it. You are welcome to post on the site now.

What I was saying was that you couldn't post in the IC forums, not the OOC. And that OOC forum posts, such as this one in this forum, does no count for experience or gold... so you shouldn't submit it. In the IC forums a thread must be 10 posts or 10k words to get judged.

Hope that clarifies it, and good luck.

Dissoni Alanacci
06-06-09, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I finnaly got it. My fault, sorry. Thanks for everything.