PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Duffy
07-18-09, 07:26 PM
Just thought I'd post a quick hi, I've been looking for a more stable role playing environment beyond some of the less quality laden options and this place seems enticing, active and interesting, looking forward to exploring what's on offer,

Duffy

Godhand
07-18-09, 07:29 PM
You here from /tg/?

Duffy
07-18-09, 07:44 PM
Hullo, no, a friend I write with on Warseer recommended this site, although I believe he got the link from /tg/, I don't go there myself (the format makes my eyes bleed something horrid!)

Godhand
07-18-09, 08:39 PM
Well, welcome, in any case.

I think you'll like it here. It's pretty good sometimes.

Witchblade
07-18-09, 10:48 PM
Hi there and welcome to Althy!

In order to role-play on Althanas, registration is reguired. You can find the forum here (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=7). Should you require information on how characters are submitted here, we have an FAQ (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=19339). If you have any questions or concerns not covered in the FAQ feel free to ask myself, or any of the other RoG mods about the approvals process. I promise we're only very friendly and only bite gently. ^_^

By the way, Althanas has been known to become addicting. Should you show any signs of neglecting the day-to-day necessities of life such as going outside, speaking with friends or finding any enjoyment outside of your computer monitor, please consult your doctor immediately.

Visla Eraclaire
07-19-09, 12:00 AM
You here from /tg/?

Godhand is so proud of himself for posting that link he can't contain it...

I hope this doesn't come back and bite us on the ass.

Welcome. Like he says, it is pretty good here sometimes, other times less so. Take what you can get.

Duffy
07-19-09, 07:58 AM
Thanks everyone, I'm hammering out the last details of Duffy as we speak, so hope to jump in soon as. I understand the forum appears to be in a slump at the moment, but that's a phase every good RPG site/forum goes through. It's a similar slump that's lead me to look elsewhere, so hope new members come in droves, I'm doing my bit to spread the word too!

Raelyse
07-19-09, 08:16 AM
What's /tg/?

Witchblade
07-19-09, 08:54 AM
I understand the forum appears to be in a slump at the moment, but that's a phase every good RPG site/forum goes through.

Very true, this is not the first time Althanas has gone through a slow period. They usually don't last too long. We have too many dedicated writers here for them to give up on this place so quickly. :p

Unseen
07-19-09, 11:30 AM
Very true, this is not the first time Althanas has gone through a slow period. They usually don't last too long. We have too many dedicated writers here for them to give up on this place so quickly. :p

At least we're not going through a summer crash like we used to (we almost did though!)

Godhand
07-19-09, 03:12 PM
What's /tg/?

The Traditional Games forum of 4chan.

Imperial
07-19-09, 05:41 PM
I'm from /tg/ Godhand, in fact I just joined yesterday.

Godhand
07-19-09, 05:58 PM
Cool. Let me know if you need any help orienting yourself.

Witchblade
07-19-09, 09:57 PM
Wow... you're being so nice, Godhand.

*checks temperature*

Has something bitten you?

Godhand
07-19-09, 11:35 PM
Well I invited these guys so they're basically my responsibility.

Also, fuck you.

Duffy
07-20-09, 07:20 AM
Now now children, play nice!

Mutant_Lorenor
07-20-09, 12:25 PM
Welcome aboard Duffy! If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any of the other Moderation staff. Any of us will be happy to answer your questions. If you need something to do I have readily available quests! I can link you per request. Enjoy your stay here at Althanas.

Duffy
07-20-09, 01:57 PM
Thanks Lorenor, I'm going to whack up a solo to introduce the Tantalum to Scara Brae and get my jowels around Duffy's IC voice so to speak, then I'll get back to you on that offer!

I want to flesh out a proper Power Group post too, icons, description of the history and the hideout of the group - and then see about getting more PC's involved and giving it a go - I positively can't wait to get stuck in!