PDA

View Full Version : Rising Through the Ranks...(Closed)

Mutant_Lorenor
07-20-09, 06:11 PM
Continued approximately three months after
D.H.T. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=19480)
thank you very much.

Time: 9:00 P.M.

Date: Present Time. Thursday, March 12th C.P. 1831

Employment. That was the first order of business, securing a living, getting a gold sovereign in one's pocket, and putting food on the table. The times were harsh as the new Empire settled into the minds and hearts of the people in a sort of melancholy acceptance. Forced into submission, the general populace rebelled in quiet silence in a doomed never-ending Civil War. Never realizing that the Civil War was a contrived, manipulated, event. A red flag, staged event used precisely to thrust Corone into a never ending war. There were those who refused to accept what was the truth, there were those who reacted to the situation at hand and adapted, and there were those who followed their own destiny. One thing was certain, in Radasanth, there were no more heroes. The age of heroes had long since passed. Now, the times demanded a new face. The times demanded a new avatar of change. In this changing apex of history, there were those who adapted and those who clung to the old ways. And in this troubling time of turmoil and upheaval, there was one. One who simply did not give a fuck. He made his own destiny.

This was the story of Lorenor.

Sitting at the bar in the Dragon's Head Tavern, the mutant sat drinking his favored drink. Where most people drank ale, whiskey, vodka, or other hard drinks, the mutant preferred the succulent aroma of a well structured tea. The scent of the tea flowed into the air swelling up against the mutant's sensory array. He was relaxing. In these times, it was difficult to catch a moment to reflect on all the events of the hour. Plunged in a never-ending Civil War, Corone's Armed Forces were hiring at an all time rate. Lorenor had become a part of that. Accepting to join the current incarnation of the Corone Armed Forces in exchange for protection against his enemies, and a shiny fucking gold sovereign. Even though he was getting well paid, the mutant had to ponder the situation at hand. Where was this going? Where would it take him? Lorenor did not know the answers. The mutant took a long pull of the special Jadet mint tea that was in his chalice. Lorenor noticed the bartender looking at him after a brief moment. "Something on your mind Sir Lorenor?"

"I am no knight." Lorenor responded knowing that his superiors were within ear shot. This was a popular establishment for the Knights of Corone's Armed Forces. One of the Guard Captains, a man named Eric Shaw, was a frequent costumer there. He often took on new Pages and Squires in an effort to bolster the Corone Armed Forces. Lorenor looked at the inquisitive expression the man wore for a moment and nodded. "I am merely a squire, a cadet without rank." Lorenor said. He was being truthful, he had not yet earned the coveted status of the Knight. He was largely still in training. "Still, that's more than most can say. You'll be a General in no time by the looks of things lately." The bartender said casually. Lorenor had to laugh at that. "General you say? I wish. I am just in the Corone Armed Forces to earn a living. If I obtain rank of Knighthood so be it. I don't doubt my own skills, but at the same time I am a realist. For me to become a General, I would have to..."

And Lorenor felt the presence of Eric Shaw walk up behind him. A large hand went to the mutant's shoulder. "Worry not old friend. You'll be a Knight in no time." Lorenor turned to look at Eric's visage. "I'll have whatever the young cadet is having." Lorenor watched as Eric sat down next to him. The mutant wore a grin on his face. "Here to discuss more battlefield strategem?" Lorenor asked of his superior. "No Lorenor. I am not here for that. I am here for another reason entirely." The mutant was interested as that information was revealed. Lorenor saw that that Eric looked at the bartender for a long moment. "Bring our drinks to booth number ten." Eric said. Lorenor sighed. "Private meeting huh?" He saw Eric nodding positively in response. "Let's get this underway then Captain." He heard Eric Shaw laughing for a moment. "No need for Ranks amongst friends." Lorenor had an inquisitive expression on his face. "Please. I have a matter to discuss with you. Its about work." The man said calmly. Lorenor nodded.

"After you Captain Shaw." He said with a grin. Then, he followed Eric Shaw to a booth located at the other end of the Tavern. Lorenor slid into the booth and sat opposite the position of his superior officer. "As you know the C.A.F. is in full mobilization. We need to use our cadets in order to bolster the front-lines." Eric explained. Lorenor's eyes narrowed into thin slits. "I know that already. What is the point?" Lorenor asked as he looked at Eric with a stern expression on his face. "I have work for you. If you are successful in this, you will be granted an audience with the Master General, Emien Harthworth and earn the title of Knighthood." Lorenor noticed the visible swelling of the man's chest. The mutant was interested in this new request. "What's the job?" Lorenor saw that Eric paused for a moment. "There is a Fort. It is currently controlled by the Corone Rangers. They are our enemy and must be defeated at all costs." Eric said with malice in his voice. Lorenor listened. "You are to command a Squad of Cadets such as yourself and penetrate this Fortress. It is believed that a ranking member of the Corone Rangers will be there during the attack. This individual must be captured, alive."

"Are you mad? A group of Cadets against the Corone Rangers!?

"Lower your voice." Eric said with a hint of warning in his voice. "You can take any extra man you want with you. These Cadets are highly trained individuals also looking to earn their place as Knights." Eric explained. "You will be well rewarded if you succeed in this mission. This will set back the Corone Rangers considerably as the Fort is a strategic Fort for them."

"Fine. Only because it is you offering. What is the name and location of this Fort?"

^Enter here.