PDA

View Full Version : The drums/god/dogs/art/etc of War (Army battle)

Christoph
08-08-09, 05:02 PM
Right, I’ve been itching for an army battle. In my opinion, non-tournament army battles just don’t happen nearly as much as they should. Thus, I am looking for opponents. I’ve got some ideas beyond “your army of NPCs and my army of NPCs try to kill each other", but nothing set in stone yet. Post if you’re interested and we can go from there.

In short: Wait... that already was in short. >.>

Visla Eraclaire
08-08-09, 05:07 PM
I found these interesting, though they have a way of degenerating into quagmires or clusterfucks. If you can promise swift replies and a battle that will not drag on for an eternity, I would be happy to engage in this with either Visla and a legion of demons or Wilhelm with Eudaemonian military drones.

Christoph
08-09-09, 01:49 AM
Hmm... I actually have a couple ideas coming to mind that could be pretty cool with an army of demons involved. If you can catch me on AIM at some point, I could run them by you.

Ultimate Weapon
08-09-09, 03:56 AM
I like this idea. It is something I have not seen on Althanas in my time here. So sure why not, I will crack the bottle, so sign me up. You can find me on aim almost any hour of the day, so any ideas, I am on aim/msn/yahoo.

Visla Eraclaire
08-09-09, 07:36 AM
It's much easier to catch me via PM than AIM, but I'll add you to the list and see what happens.

I'm happy to hear ideas for how to set the thing up, though I have some of my own, but I don't want to spend a terribly large amount of time planning.

Ultimate Weapon
08-09-09, 07:53 AM
Well whatever ideas you have, why not share them with me and we can discuss them further. Like you tell me an idea and I give it some pizazz lol. But yeah, add some fuel to the fire as they say.

Nevermore
08-09-09, 08:05 AM
Huh. I'd like to try this out, but mind you, I have no experience in army battles, so it might be something of an easy kill. :P

Visla Eraclaire
08-09-09, 08:11 AM
Well whatever ideas you have, why not share them with me and we can discuss them further. Like you tell me an idea and I give it some pizazz lol. But yeah, add some fuel to the fire as they say.

My reply was directed at Christoph. I should have quoted him.

Ultimate Weapon
08-09-09, 12:19 PM
It is ok. I kinda guessed. I just took it the wrong way.

Christoph
08-10-09, 02:32 PM
Okay... Visla: I should have the opening post up today.

That leaves me time for probably one more battle. I believe I'll go with you, Nevermore. You seem like a promising new member and I'd like to see what you're capable of. As for UW and anyone else, I'll probably be looking for more battles once these finish. Also, don't be afraid to start your own with other people. I'd like to see army battles made more popular.

Ultimate Weapon
08-10-09, 03:35 PM
Alright. Thank you though.

To those of you still interested, I shall be holding an army battle. More then likely, it will be between the Coronian rebels and the Imperial forces.

I shall try to have a post up in details within a day or two. Three days at the most. Also if you have any ides, feel free to pm me or catch me on msn/aim/yim.

Mutant_Lorenor
08-10-09, 10:32 PM
Hey Ultimate Weapon, I am interesting in challenging you. I have three Characters here. My main is Lorenor. As you can see he is a level 6. I have two level 0's. I will link you their profiles:

Alberdyne Cormyr (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=19429)

and

Sabatykos Maelstrom (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=19358)

both Characters are at level 0 if you do not wish to fight my Lorenor. Let me know what you want to do. I am always available to do battle in a 1 v 1 setting.

Ultimate Weapon
08-10-09, 11:43 PM
Ok I made my mind. I shall go against Mutant Lorenor. I read his profile and I liked it. So yeah Lorenor it is. I should have an entry post up in 3 days max. Unless you want to do a one vs one fight. It is up to you.

Army battle

OR

One vs one battle