PDA

View Full Version : Doctor's Notes

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-09, 12:09 AM
Doctor: Nathaniel Hunnicut
Patient: Cassandra Remi
Neurological Condition: Sane
Terminal Condition: Multiple Personality/Imaginary personality, Slight Depression, Bi-Polar, has an affinity for screaming and blood while referring to her imaginary companion

Notes: Cassandra Remi was recently admitted into the Salvarian Insane Asylum. She was found inside a dark room on a boat with a naked man chained to table mutilated from head to toe. She seemed to be in the middle of a "Sexual High" as we found her. After a speedy trial she was sentenced to care here under my care and observation.

Records do indicate that while in prison other woman always felt a strange feeling of dread while in her presence. Most of her inmates in this asylum have reported to their doctor's that they get similar feelings around her. Four of them are terrified of her, and these men are all killers born who have done acts far worse than she. Two other men find her sexually appeasing despite her cold nature, while one man just finds her amusing as one would find children playing amusing.

Her initial inspection behind see-thru glass finds her fidgeting with her hands and feet, with the occasional mumbling and outbursts as if she is talking to someone she refers to as her "love." These conversations never seem to be longer than a few sentences, and despite the oddness of talking to nobody she seems relatively sane. She responds positively to the orderlies, and gives everyone upon first meeting an appraising eye. This is when everyone feels that wave of "dread." When checked for magical enchantments and auras she turned up negative.

When the other doctor's and I got together upon this we have deemed the need for her to remain in isolation for the time being until after my first initial meeting with her. This should help the other doctors in finding out more about their patients and how she's affecting them.

Tomorrow is my first day with her in person, and I feel strongly that it will go well.

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-09, 12:53 PM
“Good morning,” A steel door slammed shut behind doctor Nathaniel as he made his way to the table in the center of the room. The table was made of a brown oak and only a single pitcher and two glasses stood upon the wood. Before him resting her head upon the table was a very beautiful brunette haired woman. She had a slender, firm frame and was currently wearing the Salvarian Insane Asylum’s traditional ice blue one piece suit. She tied her head up into a very ratty bun and left the top portion of her suit unzipped, showing a white under shirt beneath it.

Lazily she lifted her head and her eyes turned to her doctor and he felt his skin crawl as if ice had just ran into his blood. He shivered on the spot, but as soon as she gave him a glance she looked away with disinterest. He placed his clipboard upon the table and pulled out his pencil scribbling upon the paper before he gave her one questioning look. She gave him a half hearted smile, and looked back to the wall while resting her head upon the table again.

“Bored?” He asked lightly. She let out a loud sigh as her response. “Suffers…” he said loudly as he scribbled upon his paper. “from…mild…Attention Deficit….Disorder.”

“Is…a…big…idiot…” she mumbled into her sleeve as she pretended to scribble upon the desk. Nathaniel laughed at her sass as he scribbled a few more notes and then let out a nice long sigh. She lifted her head and rolled her body as one to sit against the back of the chair. She gave him her full attention as she stretched her arms and legs out curling her fingers into her palm. “Alright doctor wacko. Let’s just get this over with shall we?”

“Why the rush?” He lifted his right leg and rested it over his left. “I only have you as my patient so I might as well get to know you.” He gave her a charming smile. She returned it before speaking sweetly,

“You ever slept with some of the inmates?” She curled her lips into a snarl.

“You ever learned to keep your mouth shut?" she lifted her eyebrow in challenge curling her smile back into a grin.

“A response like that could only mean that you have done something of the sorts. A simple “keep yourself on topic,” or “can we keep the conversation to you,” would have denoted wonders in your dull life. Now I’m intrigued. You instantly defended yourself without a moments hesitation.”

Nathaniel leaned forward in his seat. “Not that it matters, but I am supposed to be asking the questions, not you.” he lifted his papers and brought them back to his lap. “Yes, just one patient. Turns out she became my wife as of tomorrow for three years.” He lifted his wedding ring to her. “And she was more whacked out than you. So please, little girl. Why not just play nice and get this over with. Don’t you want to go back to your imaginary friend?”

Cassandra gave him the vilest stares before lifting her head back and laughing. The hair on the back of his head began to rise as the shadows joined her mirth and he felt that wave of dread wash over him. “My love is always with me. You can’t separate us by putting me in isolation. I’m not a weak willed psychopath, though I have been called one once or twice, and you’ll not crack me to divulge my secrets.”

Nathaniel flexed his fingers and popped them. “Touchy subject I take it?” He wrote his observations upon his clipboard. “Let’s play a game then.” he poured himself a glass of water and shoved it to her. “I’ll give you a secret of mine, in exchange for a secret of yours.” She lifted her head back half an inch as if listening to someone over her shoulder, looking him in the eye the entire time.

“Okay, you first.” she reached for the water glass and drank from it greedily. He smiled as he lifted his gaze to her eyes.

“Alright,” he looked around to make sure nobody was looking. “I once in this very room had sex with my wife.” Cassandra rolled her eyes and leaned back in the chair.

“Not only is that not a secret, but it’s also an insult to my intelligence. You have two other doctors looking in on this conversation through the mirror to our right. It’s not hard to figure this stuff out you know.” Nathaniel shrugged indifferently to her comment.

“Okay then,” he licked his lips and leaned into her very closely and spoke so only she could hear it. “I’m going to kill you.”

Before she had time to retaliate she felt her body grow heavy and her limbs go numb. Next thing she knew her head hit the table with a loud bang before she slid onto the floor. Her last image was the door opening as doctors ran into the room.

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-09, 01:15 PM
Neurological Condition: Insane with awareness to sanity
Terminal Condition: Multiple Personality/Imaginary personality, Slight Depression, Bi-Polar, has an affinity for screaming and blood while referring to her imaginary companion. Suffers from mild A.D.D. and has an authority complex.

Notes: I had to change a few of her terminal conditions after that meeting. Talking with the patient always seems to bring out a deeper side to them. I think it went very well. She has a very spunky personality; like a small dog in a lot of big dogs. Always yipping at them to fight. However I did notice a connection between her and that feeling of “dread“. I also noticed that Cassandra mentioned her love could never be taken away. So today before she is released back into the compound we scanned her for possession. When the results come back I am relatively sure it will be positive. Her dependence on this demon inside her is absolute. I think she would literally break down and die without him.

I also noticed that the further she gets away from her belongings the more sluggish and senile she gets. Tomorrow I’ll give her a little treat and let her be with some of her belongings. Maybe the book and the amulet.

Other inmates have taken to two polar directions when dealing with her. Either they avoid her like the plague or they flock to her like sheep. Just the one patient, Othneil Michaels, has remained neutral on the manner. He observes her with the same scrutinizing eye as I do. I inquired with his doctor, Naomi, and she couldn’t seem to get him to open up to her about Cassandra. She’ll try to be more aggressive in their next talk, but Othneil seems to get sexually aroused in tense situations. Even frustration or mild agitation can get him to go haywire.

……………………I’ll got ahead and note that my gut is acting funny to this revelation, but I can’t make sense of it yet. Maybe I should switch patients for a while with Doctor Naomi if Cassandra doesn’t open up.

Requiem of Insanity
08-09-09, 01:52 PM
“Ah, welcome back.” Cassandra said lifting her arms in supplication. Doctor Nathaniel laughed politely as he scooted the extra chair into the room. Cassandra lifted her eyes to the door and looked upon a middle aged woman with long blond hair and a ice blue eyes. “She my new doctor, because she’s more pleasing to look at than you.” She looked to her chest and saw her heaving breasts making her smile.

“When was the last time you got laid?” the woman sat in the chair taking a glass of water and drinking from it. Cassandra lifted her head in contemplation.

“Never had sex.” Both doctor’s coughed in disbelief. “What? Isn’t it natural for someone who is in love to save it for the day they get to be with the one they want to spend eternity with?”

“Cassandra, this is doctor Naomi. She’ll be by herself next week with you as I have an errand to run, but don’t worry.”

“I’m not.”

Nathaniel hesitantly chuckled. “Right, well…Today she’ll just be observing.” Naomi smiled which Cassandra returned. “In a rare mood today are we?” Cassandra gave him a quizzical look.

“What do you mean? I’m acting very normal. You’re the shifty bastard ruining whatever goal your trying to achieve…Oh, let me guess. You want a threesome with doctor big tits and your cookoo wife.” Nathaniel turned a bright shade of red as Naomi gave him a warning glance. “Oh, you sick perverted bastard. You did ask her to try it with you, didn’t you?”

“Okay, yes I did!” Nathaniel reached for a glass of water.

“Nathaniel!” She slapped him full on the cheek. “That was a secret between you and me only! Now this whole fucking ward knows I bet!” Cassandra was chuckling cruelly before she got a sudden thought. She slammed her fist on the table in disgust as she avoided his face for a fleeting moment.

“You sonovabitch.” She glared at Nathaniel, who returned the look with a vile grin.

“Gotcha,” he whispered in triumph. “time to divulge to me a secret!” Naomi looked confused as she looked to each one. Cassandra remained locked onto him until she suddenly stiffened, as if she felt a weight upon her shoulder and she relaxed a tad bit.

“What did you want to know?” She leaned forward to the glass of water. Naomi sat back down, but moved her seat away from Nathaniel’s.

“When did you start killing?” Cassandra looked to him with a cruel glare, but she rested her frown as she slowly began to fade away into memories. Her stance shifted in her seat as she rested both arms on the table, before resting her head upon her wrists.

“Since I was a little girl. I dunno, seven, six. Nothing big time mind you. Small time like chickens and cats. But the methods remained the same. They screamed in agony, and I would smile at it. My first official kill was when I was ten. It was a neighborhood boy, a goody tooshoo by the name Clyde. He pissed me off, always sharing and thinking of others. He said he had a crush on me, and wanted to one day marry me. So I told my dad how I felt and he said it was a problem I’d have growing up. Men would be attracted to me. So I agreed to one date with Clyde, but a date when your ten is walking to the pond and playing in the mud.” Naomi smiled and even laughed at that last part, but Nathaniel kept his energies writing upon his clipboard.

“When we arrived at the pond he told me about how his cat died, and he missed it. I laughed at that because I was the one who killed his cat. Clyde got mad, said I was a meany and a butthead. Heh, he called me a butthead for killing his cat. Nowadays you get called worse just for not saying ‘thank you.’ But I’ll always remember his last words, because they made the most sense. It takes a child, you know, to bring clarity to a complex situation. A child’s innocence can bring understanding because it isn’t marred by complexity. No, in that one word butthead he said it all to me in a crystal clear way. He HATED me. Anyway I killed him. Took a knife out of my pocket and rammed it down his throat. Bloody mess it was. Afterwards I screamed like a banshee, pretending a bad man got Clyde and I barely got away. Idiot town believed me. But then again, who’s going to think a ten year old is capable of murder in a clear state of mind?” Cassandra smiled as she leaned back in her chair, drinking the water.

Naomi lifted a single hand to her mouth in disgust, but Nathaniel only lifted a brown satchel. “You are feeling very spunky today, aren’t you?” Cassandra nodded her head. “Could it be because of this?” He emptied the bag on the table and Cassandra instantly snatched up the amulet upon the table. “What is that?”

“None of your business. It stays with me however.” she warned. Naomi gave her a look of mirth before Nathaniel cut in.

“Very childish of you to act this way, Cassandra.” he said fatherly like.

“Ya, well if acting like a ten year old means I get my way than fine. I’ll act like a fucking vegetable if I have to if it meant I get to leave.” Nathaniel sighed.

“Tell me why you should keep it, and I’ll let you keep it.” Cassandra leaned back again, tilting her head as if listening to some sage advice from an invisible person.

“Anima Revixi.” She said lightly.

“Excuse me?” Nathanial poured himself a glass of water and sipped from his glass.

“It means Soul Reviver.” Naomi said distantly. “Odd name for a trinket.” Cassandra winked to her flashing her dazzling teeth.

“I was once killed by some powerful Hex Magic. Serenity Dahlios was my mortal foe who sent me to the other realm. But my love rescued me, and saved me from eternal damnation. This ‘trinket’,” she looked to Naomi. “Gives me strength. Around my neck I have one hundred percent of my soul intact. The further it gets the more of my soul is parted. I have to keep it around my neck undisturbed for a full year in order for my soul to realign with my spirit. If it’s out of contact with me for a full year I lose my soul and I become a shambling wreck.” She began to caress the golden pendulums on the bottom of the ring.

“Makes sense to me,” Nathaniel sassed. “Okay, you can keep it.” He lifted his paperwork and helped Naomi up.

“Are we done?” Cassandra asked reaching for her book. Nathaniel scooped it up and walked out of the room. Before she had a moment to recognize what was going on Cassandra hit her head on the table again and passed out, sliding to the floor.

Requiem of Insanity
08-13-09, 10:14 PM
Terminal Condition: Multiple Personality/Imaginary personality, Slight Depression, Bi-Polar, has an affinity for screaming and blood while referring to her imaginary companion. Suffers from mild A.D.D. and has an authority complex. Sexual Preference is woman. Has issues with men finding her attractive. Could be correlated to death of men.

Notes: Naomi is in charge of Cassandra tomorrow. Maybe Cassandra’s attraction to her can open up a few doors for me to explore later. I will be studying Naomi’s Patient, Othneil Michaels in her stead. I am hoping to find some form of clue as to why my gut is acting funny when I think of the two together.

Her Possession test results came back in. None of our mages were able to detect any foul eldritch energies within her. However, they did notice that feeling of dread. Something must have been missed.

I saw her talking today to Othneil, and the two seemed to eye each other across the compound in some gang leader stand off. Her deluded followers backed her up, while those terrified of her seemed to flock to Othneil. A few words about inner darkness were exchanged, but this never had a chance to cultivate into something more before the warden ordered the guards to break everything up. A shame really.

I looked deeper into her belongings, trying to find something to spark up another conversation. Her diary looks to be torn and ratted. I peeked at a few pages, but nothing out of the ordinary other than her thoughts about a recent kill she achieved. She never writes about her personal thoughts or motives, just the elation of her kill. The odd thing about this is that she writes in a third person, as if written by her “lover.” It’s very curious.

I’m hoping Othneil can give me an opening, and if that fails hopefully Naomi can find a break through.

Hopefully.

Requiem of Insanity
08-13-09, 10:48 PM
“Good afternoon, Doctor.” the door slammed shut as Nathaniel stepped into the room looking at the charts on his clipboard. He hovered at the table, still ignoring the man before him as he flipped through his papers.

“Clever ploy,” the man flexed his knuckles. “acting like I don’t exist. So let’s do each other both a favor and act like civil gentleman. I’ll behave, you behave. Deal?” A chuckle escaped Nathaniel’s lips as he sat at the table offering his hand.

“Doctor Hunnicut,” The patient Othneil took the hand and shook it before moving his chair closer to the table. Othneil was a man of about average height, with clotty brown hair that never seemed to settle. His eyes were the color of soft ice and he had a charming smile that accompanied him. “Today Doctor Naomi and I decided to switch patients. Give the both of you something new to look forward to.”

Othneil nodded his head as he snapped his fingers. “Yep, she already told me. So what’s on the agenda? Talk about my past, my parents, bed wetting, you bed wetting?” He rested his hands under his chin. “Tell me about your mother.” He implied.

Nathaniel only let out a snort of laughter. “Of course I will, she’s dead. Been that way for about sixteen years. She committed suicide. So I became a doctor to help people stop from getting to that state of mind.”

“Uh huh,” he lowered his hands to a resting position on the table. “And how do you feel about her sucking the devil’s dick in hell?” Nathaniel broke the tip of his pencil on the paper he was scribbling on.

“Excuse me?” Nathaniel gave him a warning look.

“You know, his dick, her mouth.” He shrugged his shoulders. “How do you feel about it?”

“Let’s move onto you.” Nathaniel took out his last pencil from his coat, making his tone as even as possible. “What’s this crazy showdown you got cooking up with Cassandra Remi?” Othneil placed his hands behind his head, relaxing as his body shifted down the chair. He kicked both feet up onto the table.

“Now that is one hot ass bitch. Crazy as fuck, and that’s coming from a fucking whack job!” Nathaniel relaxed his stance. “She just has this…aura of….dread. Like the darkness around her is looking to you and giving you this filthy stare like your some kind of prize meat. Anyways, I’d hit that.” he stroked his chin as he looked back to Nathaniel. “Why, you trying to fuck her too?” Nathaniel let out a sigh of exasperation.

“No.” he said with finality. “I’m married anyways.” he lifted his wedding ring to show him.

“All for the best. Bet you she wouldn’t like the size of your dick anyway.” Nathaniel let out another sigh.

“This isn’t about the size of my penis, Othneil.”

“Sure it isn’t,” Othneil gave him a wild grin. “You couldn’t compete anyway with a dick your size. Probably can use it pick locks.”

“Trust me, the size of my dick is more than enough to satisfy a woman.”

“You ever heard the sounds of a woman faking an orgasm?” Othneil gave him a dead look in the eyes. “It sounds a lot like your wife. Tammy right? God she was so bland. But whatever, so long as she could get a fuck in. She used to tell me all the time about how you and her fucked like corpses,” Othneil fell out of his chair as Nathaniel took a swing at his face. The patient began to cackle with laughter as doctors ran in to restrain Nathaniel.

As he was escorted out Nathaniel couldn’t help but hear the darkness laughing at him as he left the patient wing.

Requiem of Insanity
08-28-09, 01:51 PM
Terminal Condition: Multiple Personality/Imaginary personality, Slight Depression, Bi-Polar, has an affinity for screaming and blood while referring to her imaginary companion. Suffers from mild A.D.D. and has an authority complex. Sexual Preference is unknown. Has issues with anyone finding her attractive.

Notes: Struck out on two different fronts. Othneil badgered me into a write up for my behavior and Naomi was written up as well for walking out on a patient leaving the door open.

While I was unable to learn anything from that bastard Othneil Naomi was able to provide some data that may help me in the future, but for now offers nothing really. I guess I should note down what Naomi discovered.

Well, Naomi went into the observation room and dressed a little more appeasing for Cassandra, to help her open her up. Turns out Cassandra fooled us the prior week, because she went off on a tirade of insults about her breasts could be better suited smothering patients and being used as air balloons. When Naomi tried to further inquire about her sudden one eighty degree turn, she moved on to explain how she has no preference to killing. Men or woman or even otherworldly creature, she‘ll kill them all. She recorded a list of recent kills, and the woman‘s tally was only four higher than the men‘s. Naomi couldn‘t stomach her after she went into nauseating detail about how she killed her victims.

She also requested her book, and was willing to make an exchange for it. Curious, now she wants her book despite the fact she needs her Anima Revixi. I had the mages on staff do another check on her, and they noted that indeed her item holds the power she claims it had. Nothing harmful was detected in the book, so we‘ll see about that. What is the worst that could happen?

Weather seems to be getting nastier lately, making it harder for the patients to enjoy the outside air. Soon the rain will come and they won‘t be able to interact. This is the hardest times for the asylum, but we must all persevere. Odd however, it‘s the mid of spring…

Requiem of Insanity
08-28-09, 02:12 PM
“The book, as you requested.” The metal door slammed shut, far more forcefully than it usually had. “Now what is this I hear about you making Naomi run out on you?” He tossed the tome on the table, and Cassandra lifted her head up lazily scooping it in and using it for a pillow. Nathaniel walked to the table, and when she didn’t answer he placed his clipboard on his seat and placed his hands under the edge of the table. He used all his might and flipped the table over, causing Cassandra to fall back in her chair. The jug of water fell to the ground, and the book fell open, a few of the pages landing into it.

Cassandra gave him a wild look of excitement, and Nathaniel sat upon his chair. “My, My, irritated are we? Othneil told me about your write up. Congratulations for finally having the balls to hit him.”

“Why don’t you do it yourself?” He chided back.

“Because if you do the hitting for me, you get a write up. If I do the hitting, I get put into special care, which isn’t all that special.” Cassandra lifted her chair, the wood scraping across the ground making a whining noise as she sat across from her doctor.

“Guess that makes sense,” he mumbled. “Why did you fool us into making us believe you had an attraction to Doctor Naomi?”

“So I could get a break from you. You can be really nosy and annoying.” she checked her finger nails for dirt.

“Fair enough. But it is my job to pry into your mind and make you whole again.”

“How fucking noble of you.” She spat. “The good doctor on a crusade to save whack jobs from themselves.” Nathaniel let out a sigh.

“None of you understand the danger you pose to the world and to yourselves.”

“I don’t understand?” Cassandra raised her voice as if insulted. “You fucking idiot, did you really take years to study this shit when its plain as day? I fucking kill people, I kill them because it feels right to. No dark companion of mine chides me into doing it. My love doesn’t force this on me. He just gets to sit back and laugh and enjoy! You damned moron, I know what I am. What I hunt is people like me! I kill those who are bastards and wrong doers, crime lords and people who kill.”

“Is that your way of atoning for who you are now? Is this absolution for the monster that lurks within you?” Nathaniel rose his voice to match hers.

“Fuck that!” Cassandra gave him a dirty look. “Killing for me isn’t about revenge, or absolution, or even a sexual feeling. I kill because the damned screams they emit is a beautiful song that no goody tooshoo can sing. It’s a wonderful requiem to me. A depraved and soulless feeling of anger and wrath and most notably, the single chord that elates my passion, regret.” She spoke with vindication, her eyes alight with fire. Her words spoke as if talking to a room full of people.

“Why regret? Why the bad ones and never the good ones?” he continued.

“Because the innocent have so few regrets. Only those can look back on their life and say ‘gee, I fucked up royally’ can scream the loudest. I have murdered so many people that would make the worst case nut job seem like a child throwing a tantrum.” She rose her hand in victory as she gave her doctor a dark look. “And I missed it before, the darkness within her. But when I got to see her again, I saw it. It was like a tiny mouse, hiding in the corners looking for something to feed on. But looks can be deceiving. I admit I can’t gauge people at this level of my power.” She went over to her book, lifting it out of the puddle turning it so it didn’t drip. “May I have a glass of water, I’m thirsty.” She said grabbing a glass from off the ground.

“Very well, one is being sent for now. But before you drink, let me ask you this.” Nathaniel looked to her eyes, and gave her the most deadliest of looks. “Who is the one with the darkness?” The door opened, and a doctor came in with a trolley. One of the wheels squeaked, but Cassandra interrupted its movement as she went over to it and began to pour a glass.

“Now, now.” Cassandra pestered. “No secrets unless you reveal one to me first.” She chugged the whole drink down. With a satisfying smack on her lips she looked right at the doctor. Her eyes flittered upwards and she twisted in her fall, her body knocking over the trolley.

Requiem of Insanity
08-28-09, 02:23 PM
Neurological Condition: Unknown
Terminal Condition: Unknown

Notes: I don‘t know anymore. She‘s an enimga to me. I can‘t figure her out. One day she leads me by the nose to think this, then she turns and leads me the other way. This isn‘t psychotic behavior, but rational boredom. She‘s bored and is looking for entertainment.

My strict persona I put on was to try and scare her out her shell, showing a good mild mannered person like me a darker side. She ignored me and saw right through it. I am so confused at this point. Naomi won’t even let me mention her around her. I’m so annoyed by this. If I don’t make some form of progress soon the warden will have her removed. Cassandra must know this by now.

I am a little perturbed that I think she is catching onto the water trick. We as doctors are naturally immune to the effects of the liquid, our bodies filled with antidotes to the knock out serum. But even if she does know all she‘ll do is use it as a tool to end our sessions early. Great, she now has a new tool to use against me.

Anyway, I meet with Naomi tomorrow to discuss patient cohabitation. We have a seminar to do in the weekend at the city of Corone. Maybe Cassandra just needs a week off from me to cool her jets and be ready to open up some more.

Insane or sane? At this point it‘s all just a matter of perspective.

Requiem of Insanity
08-28-09, 02:48 PM
Nathaniel walked the cold frigid corridors of the asylum, the dark graying sky overhead making the light low for visibility. The wind howled against the windows, shaking them. He reached his destination, fixing his jacket to keep the warmth in and turned the knob to the inside of the room.

Several doctors were enjoying their meals in the cafeteria. Naomi was just sitting at the corner table, two trays and clipboard in hand. Nathaniel smiles as he walked to the table and sat. “Morning Naomi.” He said casually. She gave him a warm smile as she sat, pushing one tray to him to feast on. He looked at the potato and saw all the fixings neatly arrayed in rows. “You’re an angel.”

“I know, I just got bored with heaven and decided to treat insane people.” they both laughed lightly. “So, about this convention in Corone, I was wondering if you could do it yourself?” Nathaniel nodded politely.

“Naturally anyone with half a brain could, but the question is why?” she gave him a fleeting look, playing with her food.

“I, I just don’t feel well enough to travel. And Othneil made a huge break through for me…He…ugh I hate her, but he admitted to me that the darkness surrounding Cassandra Remi is calling to him. I can’t just walk away for a week letting that sit in the air. Besides…I might be pregnant.” The potato fell out of Nathaniel’s mouth.

“You mean?” She nodded and smiled. “How wonderful!” he said excitedly. “Well in that case, sure. But you do know that I’ll need a favor back from you.”

“You want to play with my tits again?” she asked lightly. Nathaniel turned a bright shade of red. “Oh come on Nathaniel, how long have we been having an affair for? I like the way your tongue feels, and you can’t deny the way I stroke your shaft.” Nathaniel looked around the table.

“Ya, well I’ve been more interested in your butt as of late.” She smiled to him, grabbing his hand under the table.

“Tell you what, you do me this favor, and I’ll let you eat out of it if you wanted. Nothing forbidden to you.” Nathaniel wiped his brow of sweat.

“Deal.” She smiled sweetly, getting up slowly, bending so her rear was right in his face.

“Okay, I should get going now. I have much to plan for.” She walked away, swaying her hips for him before picking up her pace and walking quickly out the door. He continued to eat his potato as he imagined what he would do to her. His mind was full of ecstasy and he giggled to himself like a childish school boy. He looked down to see Naomi’s clipboard was left behind and he slowly began to read it.

Soon his eyes narrowed in suspicion, as he continued to flip through her notes. He gently placed the clipboard down and got up. “Strange…for a major breakthrough Naomi you didn’t seem to catalog it in your notes…” He gathered his things and walked out towards the door, the wind letting up so the rain could start to fall.

Requiem of Insanity
08-28-09, 03:22 PM
As night hit the asylum, Nathaniel watched his baggage be loaded onto the wagon that would carry him to the port that would take him to Corone. He had already kissed his wife goodbye and was rather excited about his trip. He had two tickets to the citadel and leave to make the detour after the convention. He had tried to confront Naomi about her lack of detailing on the newest discovery of Othneil, but she always seemed to busy to even stop.

With a last sigh he entered the wagon and with a loud shout from the driver the carriage was away. Looking down upon it all was Naomi, who wet her lips and turned walking down the passages of her twisted home. She pondered how often it seemed that the insane refused to see the light. Othneil had been very stubborn, but even he cold be brought to heel with the right amount of pressure from her. Cassandra Remi on the other hand was a wild card. No amount of gentle pushing had allowed her control, and she was unnerved by this discovery. She had seen the darkness standing next to her, like a dutiful lover. It was the same as for Othneil, but she noted his was slowly getting disinterested in him.

She normally hadn’t planned to kill anyone as of late, the last victim of her special care was a woman by the name of Rose. She had whined all the time about her love, but that man was dead long ago. Naomi would know this, because her love was her patient, and he refused to see the light. Rose was unable and unwilling to except it as well. She was assumed to choke on her own tears one night.

She stopped in front of Cassandra’s room, and looked at the chart. Just as she suspected, the chart noted she had her knock out serum in the form of liquid soup. She once again wetted her lips in anticipation. It had been awhile since the last time she set someone up to see the light. She knocked on the door before opening it, and walked into the room.

Each cell smelled of dirty laundry, with one corner for a toilet, and a bed. It was more like a prison cell than a patient home. But the warden knew these people were criminals first, and psychos second. To bad she had to kill the warden four months ago. She had been working extra hard lately. Pretending to be a warden while being a doctor.

The room was a bit darker than usual, but she didn’t mind. Cassandra would be passed out anyway thanks to the miracle drug in her system. As she opened the wider she walked in, and looked around. “Cassandra?” she asked lightly with a smirk.

“Yes, mistress Naomi?” a seductive voice called back from the darkness. Naomi froze on the spot. “What’s wrong? Are you afraid of the dark?” before Naomi could comprehend what was going on, Naomi felt a pair of slender arms wrap around her head. She struggled for all she was worth, but fell down to her knees. As she struggled she felt everything in the world going brighter and brighter. “Time for a nap…”

The world turned bright as the sun, and then darkness.

Requiem of Insanity
08-28-09, 08:56 PM
“You’re probably wondering why you are here.” the darkness spoke as one, echoing into the room waking Naomi up. She lifted her head slightly, but found her arms and legs tied down. Not understanding she fought against her bonds, but realized far to late she was strapped to the table.

“Who’s there?” She called out, looking in the shadows for something, anything to give her a focus. A light turned on above her, like a surgical lamp, and she closed her eyes, looking away from the light. The darkness laughed at this display, and the sound of boots stepping upon the tiles filled her ears. Naomi looked for the source, but couldn’t locate it.

“I find it so odd,” the voice chided. “For one who claims to bathe in the light you surely have lost your ways. Now you fear it, don’t you?” Naomi felt her heart beat faster and faster, her breaths getting shorter as she started to panic. “Come off it doctor Naomi. I know all about you. Thanks to these doctor’s notes.” A clipboard flew from the darkness and landed upon her chest, her eyes skimming to see her own private thoughts before her. “Interesting enough I must admit.”

“Cassandra Remi!” she gasped. The woman entered the light like a ring leader to a show, bowing in the light as she took center stage. As she lifted her head she put on a predatory grin of mirth as she moved forward up to the table.

“You sound so surprised to see me, I wonder why that is? Could it be true genuine shock? Perhaps it’s shock that I wasn’t passed out before you, or could it even be the fact your tied up and I’m the one doing the examination. Mind telling me your feelings?”

“How, how did you-” Cassandra lifted her hand to stop her stammering.

“How did I figure out about the knock out serum in the water? Easy you foolish girl. Anyone with two brain cells would have learned that after drinking the water here in a session you get sleepy instantly. It was only a matter of figuring out how to find an antidote with such limited supplies available. Lucky for you, the food you serve had many of the ingredients I needed for the antibody.” She smiled sweetly. “I knew you would come for me when my darkness called out to yours. So I made sure I had my book. The kind doctor Hunnicut was able to give me a sample of the serum when he knocked over the table with the water. I had my book soak up the drink, and when I came to I was able to drain what precious amounts I had from the pages. That was all I needed to be able to study from. Well, it did help my book is full of poisons and antidotes.”

“But, but it was just a journal!” Naomi shouted, remembering inspecting the book herself.

“To the casual observer. Honestly you have no idea what I can do. My dark companion was kind enough to show me how to read a book called the Orior Ab Glaera, and the infernal script was able to transform the pages into whatever I wanted, and make it indestructible.” She dumped the book on the table.

“The book of the dead?” Naomi looked to Cassandra with a suspicious eye. “But you only had one book in your possession. Not two.”

“Correct!” Cassandra turned on her heel and walked back into the darkness, the sound of metal scraping up against itself made her cringe. For the first time she truly noticed she was naked upon the table. “I had that book destroyed. It wasn’t easy, but I made sure that stupid thing would bother me no more. As much knowledge as it holds it also has ways to destroy me while I hold onto my ’trinket.’ Of course, this all means nothing to you.” Cassandra stepped back into the light. “You’ll be dead soon anyways.”

“But you only have the will to destroy those who are evil. You wouldn’t kill an innocent bystander.” Cassandra dropped her knives upon the table glaring at her.

“Two things,” she said lifting her fingers. “One, you have to kill a few innocent people to understand how great the evil one’s sound.” She dropped a finger. “And lastly, you’re so full of evil my dark companion can’t stop screaming in my ear. And you know this since you can see him. He’s always with me, you knew this.” Cassandra lifted the Santoku knife. “You claim you fought for the light, trying to corrupt others into it. But your foolishness allowed you to become corrupted yourself. Now your just like me, a deluded killer. The difference is, I know who I am, can you say the same?”

“I am a doctor, I help people-” Before she could finish Cassandra took the knife and cut deep into her finger. Naomi screamed wildly into the light. “Why, why!”

“I am confused good doctor, can you enlighten me?” Cassandra leaned in closer.

“I…I am a harbinger of the light…I am…loyalty….” She heaved a little in pain. “You are…the harbinger of darkness…you are…lust. Othneil….is….you are…” Cassandra began to slap her face and she regained focus.

“One cut and your already delirious with pain? Fine, I wanted to save this clarity for later, but why don’t you look to your feet. A little friend is watching you.” Naomi woozily looked to her feet, and she saw a tiny mouse. She shrieked in terror.

“Why, how was a pure being like myself corrupted! I am the light!”

“Do you even listen to yourself you stupid bitch? You’ve lost your light a long time ago, and now the darkness consumes you.” Naomi began to panic as she fought against her bonds.

“No, NO! Get away, get it away!” she shrieked. Cassandra dropped her current weapon and picked up the filet knife, moving over to her shoulder. She began to slowly cut at her arm, making a nice cut along the neck down to the bone. Blood dripped down but she was careful not to hit an artery. Naomi howled and squirmed, but Cassandra moved with her cutting all the way down to her shoulder cup.

“These screams are filled with remorse, you are no creature of the light. Had you been innocent you would haven’t have crumbled like a bumbling baby.” She moved into the darkness and returned quickly, a large sword like a butcher’s blade in her hand. “I heard you are quite the slut, little doctor. Let’s see how you like the feel of this up your wonderful ‘ass’ets.” she said with a demonic smile.

Naomi screamed into the night, her howls of anguish and terror outshined by the sound of regret in her tone.

Requiem of Insanity
08-28-09, 09:17 PM
Doctor: Cassandra Remi
Patient: Nathaniel Hunnicut
Neurological Condition: Conflicted
Terminal Condition: Compulsive liar, bigot, and cruel individual. Has a lack of respect for other co-workers, and for one who claims to be a moral compass, he‘s a bent out of shape. Drug abuser

Notes: Doctor Hunnicut it was only fair I left you with one final goodbye examination. It seems you were duped by Naomi to go out of Corone so she could kill me, and by now you realize that this whole exercise was for my benefit, not yours.

I am sure you are aware that I would never have been caught unless I wished to be. I am far too methodical to allow such things. But I needed a vacation and this seemed as good as a place as any. At least I didn‘t have to pay for any part of it.

You kind doctor, should realize that you are an abomination to all you stand for. You cheated on your wife, and claimed to be a moral compass to those around you. How…laughable really. I was able to learn so much from your doctor‘s notes about myself. But unfortunately, the information gleaned from your notes didn‘t offer me much in ways of understanding more about my dark companion. That was the real reason I wanted to take this vacation. I wanted to get to know my love more. Sad that never happened. But he enjoyed the trip as well.

In parting, I want you to know that I completely violated Naomi in everyway shape and form. Not a part of her sensual body was left untouched by my blades, and I made sure she screamed through all of it. Maybe she was screaming for two. Her wails were a bit louder than usual.

Ah but I am rambling now, I must really be going good doctor. Thank you for your time. It was an experience I shall most likely forget tomorrow on the road.

~*~*~

Doctor Hunnicut read the note over and over, unable to comprehend the words or the meaning. Only he had seen this note, and currently the entire asylum was on lockdown looking for a woman that never existed. He was shocked she left him a note, but it wasn’t anything more than a reminder that he was not the man to meddle in the affairs of beings far stronger than he.

Naomi was found dead, her body mutilated beyond recognition. Her eyes were plucked out, shoved up her rectum as her tongue was dangled loosely out her mouth. He couldn’t look upon her without an impulse to vomit. But through it all he couldn’t help but feel remorse.

He turned to his papers and notes regarding Cassandra Remi, and began to write:

Neurological Condition: N/A
Terminal Condition: Unknown

Notes: Insane or sane? At this point it‘s all just a matter of perspective.

Right or wrong? Still perspective.

Thank you Cassandra for your input.

Changing her status to cured.

He stamped her folder and dropped it into his file folder under Cured patients, and began to study his newest case.

Taskmienster
09-13-09, 02:26 PM
Doctors Notes :: Hey, sorry for the delay! It’s taking me a while, thanks to stupid life getting into the way. :p I’ll be getting this done right this second though!

Continuity 4

It was done well, though it took a while to get to. I’d suggest putting a little more continuity into the story as a whole, since even though it was split up so that it would flow and slowly come throughout the story. However, without prior knowledge of the character, some of the stuff was just lost. It seemed as if you were telling a story through dialogue, as what happened, without putting it in the narrative and leaving those little excerpts as the only means of continuity. Also, I wasn’t sure what the purpose of the thread really was… like why you were there, how you got there, and what you wanted to do with the thread.

Setting 3

Barely there… I really had almost absolutely no clue what the place was or what it looked like. All I knew was what you told me, and that was you were in an asylum and that you were isolated… that’s about it.

Pacing 6

The way the thread was written made the pacing flow well and easily. Sometimes I felt like the doctors notes were a little intrusive, as if they didn’t add much and didn’t flow well from one to the next, but they were what the thread was based around and as a result were what I looked at almost as much as the narrative. The notes flowed less so than the actual story though.

Dialogue 4

The doctor, the main oneNathaniel, was really nothing what I expected. It was informal, childish at times, and nothing like what the professional title of “doctor” normally brings to mind. Of course, doing something different is fine, but you have to be careful to explain why it’s different and how that affects everything.

Persona 3

Cass’ persona wasn’t bad, it remained the same from post to post, and came out through the dialogue well. However, as I noted above, the dialogue of the doctor made me question to the persona of the character. He slept with his patient, either before or after they were married… he insinuated a threesome with another doctor and his wife… his dialogue was informal and felt as if you were writing Cass’ words in his mouth. Stuff like that detracted from the persona.

Action 4

Some of the actions were a direct reflection of Cass, but the actions of the doctor(s) did not fit at all, most of which has been noted in the dialogue and persona above.

Technique 4

The first half of this section I’m going to assign to the way you wrote, the style you wrote in. It was and interesting attempt at a new style, but as I noted in the pacing it was slow… felt flat. It wasn’t a particularly engaging way to write, felt a bit static and slow.

The second half of the section is dedicated to the narrative technique, advanced writing technique, which was absent for the most part. There were certain things, such as the way you described her gaze and how people felt about it, but other than that there was a lot of lack in regards to technique.

Mechanics 5

Word usage such as using the wrong word or using a word that didn’t fit, as well as a couple spelling mistakes, and a general issue with comma usage made the mechanical element of the writing bad. The mistakes were numerous, at least 4+ per post.

Clarity 6

It was clear, easy to read, and even with the grammatical mistakes it wasn’t hard to read.

Wild Card 4

Score :: 43

Rewards :: 1323 exp | 111 gold

Taskmienster
09-13-09, 02:28 PM
Exp / Gp added.