PDA

View Full Version : Player's Choice Top Roleplayers

Zieg dil' Tulfried
07-21-06, 08:05 PM
Here they are, the top roleplayers voted on by you. I'm going to give you the list from 20 to 1. Here we go, the bottom ten:

Total Number of Voters: 16
Number in brackets = Number of First Place Votes
Number at the end = Total Points

11 - 20
20. Wolftrappe - 15
18. Arawn - 16
18. Shadar - 16
15. Raelyse / Valentine - 19
15. Futsuriai / Horizon's End - 19
15. Osato / Ranger / Modrue - 19
14. Elrundir - 21
12. Cyrus the Virus / Izvilvin - 22
12. Ithermoss - 22
11. Slayer of the Rot / Bohemia - 25

As you can probably tell, for 16 voters, the bottom ten did not receive many points. Which means the top 10 has to be chock full of them. So here they are, the Top 10.

10. Sighter Tnailog - 28
Playing as Findelfin ap Fingolfin for as long as I can remember, Sighter has been a major influence on Althanas. Acting as an administrator for a short while, he is best known for the work he has done both as a writer for and as a roleplayer within, Raiaera.

09. Thoracis [1] - 29
Playing primarily as Thoracis Rakarth, Thoracis has been a major influence on Althanas both as a writer for Alerar and as an administrator. Alerar wouldn't be what it is today without his writing talent. He is one of the teams in the semi-finals of the Cell with Max Dirks.

08. Serilliant [1] - 30
Our resident programmer, Serilliant also has a mean writing streak within him. Just one read of his threads will really take you into his writing. He's been so busy with programming of late, he hasn't had time to roleplay, but you can see him in the Cell.

07. LordLeopold / chumley [2] - 37
Leopold Stevens is one of the greats of Althanas. His writing is very precise and is always interesting. His newer character, chumley, is in the semi-finals of the Cell, so be sure to check him out.

06. Zieg dil' Tulfried / Talon - 40
Okay, so this is me. Not one to toot my own horn, I'll just give you some insight on what I've done. Creator and writer for Haidia, as well as being the Regions Administrator, I feel I've had a heavy influence on Althanas. Writing mainly as Zieg dil' Tulfried, you can catch me most often in the region I write for.

05. Ashiakin / Wyn - 42
Ashiakin is an awesome writer and has been an major influence on all of Althanas. He partners with INDK in the semi-finals of the LCC. His work with Salvar is awesome and shouldn't be missed, just like his writing. Be sure to catch it.

04. Dissinger / Taviri Ambria / Liliana Ambria - 46
DISSINGER! What else is there to say? Dissinger has some excellent writing! All of his characters rock and he writes so well with all of them. He is definately one of the best writers on Althanas, as should be noted by his excellent scores.

Now for the Top 3. These three writers points have soared above the rest.

03. Storm Veritas [2] - 78
Storm Veritas is one of the newest of the Top 10 Writers, I do believe. He deserves the recognition though. If you haven't read his stuff yet, you should, it is really good. He teams with Zephyriah in the semi-finals. I really think his talent is just starting to get good, so be sure to keep reading.

02. INDK / Workout Wonder / Molotov [5] - 80
Who on Althanas doesn't know Damon Kaosi? His writing is superb and he is excellent. He is teamed up with Ashiakin in the semi-finals of the LCC, with good reason. He can really step up his writing to the next level for any situation.

01. Letho / Jared / Rheawien / Malagen [5] - 108
Wow! With 28 more points than anyone else, it is obvious to see who everyone thinks is the best. He truly shows it in his writing. He has numerous Judge's Choices and is truly an excellent writer. Honestly, he really brings out the best writing of any and all writers who join him in a thread. He makes others excel by excelling himself. All of us can learn a thing or two by reading the things he writes.

There you go. The Top 20, from Wolftrappe to Letho, these are who Althanas, (at least 16 members of Althanas) think are the best. I tend to agree with their decisions.

Cyrus the virus
07-21-06, 08:18 PM
Ah, Letho. I saw that coming, you sexy beast ;) Nice job, Ziegger. I wanted a blurb written about me, though ;) Haha.

Nice.

Serilliant
07-21-06, 09:16 PM
Wow, I totally did not expect to see my name up there especially given my relative inactivity. And with a first place vote, too? Y'all are too kind. Thank you very much.

Tainted_Truth
07-21-06, 10:20 PM
WHOA! I got votes for this?!

Heh... well... thanks to those that voted for me then! Didn't expect that at all.

Shadar
07-21-06, 10:26 PM
Cool, I made it in. Tis an honor.

Dissinger
07-21-06, 10:44 PM
Heh, fourth. Some people think highly of me...

Raelyse
07-22-06, 10:52 AM
Who the hell voted for me?

Molotov
07-22-06, 11:10 AM
Thank you people. You make me largely overrated!

Letho
07-22-06, 12:14 PM
If they made you largely overrated, what did they do to me?! I totally didn't expect to get the first spot. Thanks, everybody. I'm in a really happy place. :D

Ithermoss
07-22-06, 12:38 PM
Niice. :)

Bohemia
07-22-06, 12:50 PM
What are you people, drunk? What crazy bastard voted me into eleventh?

Taliel Escabre
07-22-06, 01:01 PM
16 voters, ack. I should've thrown my lot in :)

Storm Veritas
07-23-06, 01:12 PM
Wow, much higher than I could have expected. Really incredibly flattering, thank you!

And although you can debate the top twenty, and the order of it, and there could be a few to enter, I don't know who you could remove. In terms of RPing contribution to the site, for both quantity and quality, the top two are there for a reason, and both are very well deserved.

INDK
07-23-06, 01:31 PM
I think anything like this is open to much interpretation. While I am flattered, I do admire the writing of quite a few of the people below me on this chart.

I mean, I feel like I'd need to duck lightning if I were to say I'm a better writer than Frank, Adam or Bob...

Taliel Escabre
07-23-06, 01:48 PM
Ooh, congrats to all those who won. I've had the pleasure of roleplaying with a few of ya, and others not, but I have read a lot of their writing. All well deserved, and it gives the rest of us who didn't make the list work hard and hope to make the cut next time something like this rolls around :)

Again, congrats everyone!