PDA

View Full Version : The Heart of War Q/A Thread

Saxon
09-23-09, 09:59 AM
Post your questions concerning Salvar's chapter and have them answered here.

oblueknighto
09-23-09, 10:04 AM
Will a new character be able to join in on the Civil War?

Not this one, I'm in the process of making a 10-plot-based crazy dude.

Can't wait to get involved with any or all my characters.

Saxon
09-23-09, 10:06 AM
Will a new character be able to join in on the Civil War?

Not this one, I'm in the process of making a 10-plot-based crazy dude.

Can't wait to get involved with any or all my characters.

Yes, any character may join the FQ. New or old. Hell, you can even use multiple ones if you'd like. Just make sure that whatever you choose to do you try and complete whatever threads you're involved with here.

oblueknighto
09-23-09, 10:26 AM
That's ensured with me, I mean ever since I joined people have been dropping out of my threads. I'm still trying to contact them to start it up again. I'm a leech sucking all the inactivity out of Althanas. Even picked up an old thread with Lorenor for the Corone Civil War. Just trying to be nice.

Hope there is some kind of quest that fits a Trigger-Happy Pathological Bloodthirsty Homicidal Maniac. Maybe somebody will even be willing to work with the dude.

Edit: Nice name, 'Retribution Dawning' and 'The Hear of War'. Makes the FQ sound more epic and attract more people.

Taskmienster
09-23-09, 02:09 PM
Also, remember that you can only be in ONE thread at a time per character for the FQ. Liquid time is not in effect. Should you wish to drop a quest or move on to a different one, you'll have to write out a conclusion of some sort in the thread you are originally in so that you can join a different one.

oblueknighto
09-25-09, 02:45 AM
So the new rules that were edited in tell me that if I take a mission from both sides on another account I am no longer allowed any on this account. Is this correct and all?

Too bad, I guess if that is the case Blue will have to sit this one out.

I would also like more information about whatever is happening to the war machine that and the tribes of barbarians that have come with it. I wonder if there will be an 'epic battle' that claims the end of the war. I thought it would be nice if the barbarians come in when both sides are weakened and defeated taking the whole of Salvar for themselves. Of course this will be swatted by some people under the lead of PC's. If you would like I could talk to you over any instant messaging service.

Mutant_Lorenor
09-25-09, 11:44 PM
I got some Church questions.

1--Is there some sort of a Pope who leads the church, or are we allowed to interpret this for our own purposes?

2--Is there some sort of a clergy present?

3--What organizations and sects exist within the Church's confines? I know there are monks and clerics and what not, but are there any others I need to know about?

4--Lastly, how much freedom do we have in interpreting.

Caden Law
09-25-09, 11:47 PM
So the new rules that were edited in tell me that if I take a mission from both sides on another account I am no longer allowed any on this account. Is this correct and all?Nope. Just one per character. If you have a mission on another character, it wouldn't affect Blue at all. I think.

oblueknighto
09-26-09, 09:00 AM
Oh, never mind. I just read through and found that it was one per faction.

Taskmienster
09-26-09, 11:41 AM
I got some Church questions.

1--Is there some sort of a Pope who leads the church, or are we allowed to interpret this for our own purposes?

2--Is there some sort of a clergy present?

3--What organizations and sects exist within the Church's confines? I know there are monks and clerics and what not, but are there any others I need to know about?

4--Lastly, how much freedom do we have in interpreting.

1 :: There is Saint Denebriel, that's one of the Forgotten.

2 :: Yeah, there are general clergy. I would assume that there are regular fantasy based religious figures, such as clerics and paladins. I'm not sure what the magic style of the clergy is though. They don't believe in the Thayne, and they don't really use arcane magic... I think it's some kind of divine magic based on the Sway.

3 :: See what I'm going to quote at the bottom.

4 :: Freedom with interpretation is not really too much, because though the FQ is open to change and move how the players want, the actual depth of the factions and stuff aren't really open to too much interpretation because that makes the canon change.

The Church of the Ethereal Sway

The state church and the official religion of Salvar, The Church of the Ethereal Sway has held power over the country's people for decades. It's doctrine and tenants may hold some truth to it's followers but to the outside observer it seems to be just a way to hold people in check. Through influence and cold manipulation the Church rules over Salvar and answers only to the monarch himself. However, ever since the Church started this war with the Crown for control of the country that may change.

The Justice - Lev Testhan

The known leader of the Church and appointed by the monarch himself, the Justice has the power and authority to lead the Church in whatever way he chooses. He or she answers only to the King or Queen and holds the Clergy as advisors. This title now only exists by name ever since Lev Testhan was slain by Ashiakan and his cohorts. Saint Denebriel has since returned to take charge of the Church.

The Clergy

The Clergy is composed of four members of the Church directly appointed by the Justice to help delegate labor and important matters for the betterment of the Church. Though the Justice leads the Church, it is the Clergy that makes the real decisions with actions committed by the Church of the Ethereal Sway and it's followers.

Jonas Lund
Dahl Storstrand
Ivan Wolf
Rupert Jokela

Bloodrose
09-26-09, 12:58 PM
I have a question about the points system that will eventually lead to the conclusion of the civil war.

Say I collaborate with another player on something like an NPC army battle, with my collaborator writing for the Sway faction, and myself writing for the League faction. Both of us represent different sides of the conflict, complete our battle and submit it for judging.

In a case like this, which of us would receive points towards their faction at the end of the thread? Would the "winner" by OOC score be awarded the full complement of points towards their faction, and the loser gets nothing? Or would the winner get the full points, and the loser gets half or something?

I'm really very interested in working with someone to represent both sides of a conflict in one thread, so I think it would be in the interest of myself, my collaborator, or anyone else who wants to do something like this to know how the points thing would play out.

NOTE: I tried browsing through the posted info for this chapter to find an answer for myself, but couldn't find one. If there is already one, and I just missed it, feel free to just link me to the relevant text instead of posting it all here again.

oblueknighto
09-26-09, 01:15 PM
This is what I was trying to recommend. Maybe we could get like 3 characters or something together. I'm putting together a character right now that could possibly be with the 'barbarians' from Berevar.

Someone from the League, Bloodrose, someone from the barbarians, my undead Trigger-Happy Pathological Bloodthirsty Homicidal Maniac and a possible third from the Church. Hopefully someone who can compete with Bloodrose in terms of 'power'.

This is of course in theory.

Saxon
09-26-09, 06:03 PM
I have a question about the points system that will eventually lead to the conclusion of the civil war.

Say I collaborate with another player on something like an NPC army battle, with my collaborator writing for the Sway faction, and myself writing for the League faction. Both of us represent different sides of the conflict, complete our battle and submit it for judging.

In a case like this, which of us would receive points towards their faction at the end of the thread? Would the "winner" by OOC score be awarded the full complement of points towards their faction, and the loser gets nothing? Or would the winner get the full points, and the loser gets half or something?

I'm really very interested in working with someone to represent both sides of a conflict in one thread, so I think it would be in the interest of myself, my collaborator, or anyone else who wants to do something like this to know how the points thing would play out.

I very much like that idea, Bloodrose. And no, there's no current text on it right now. In this instance, I'm going to rule winner take all. If one of you is working for the sway and the other works for the league, whoever wins gets points distributed to that faction based on your score. It provides more incentive to a) win b) remain competitive and c) keep the campaign moving.

I've never been a big fan of giving trophies to everybody who has tried, so points go towards the winner. And remember, the winner is the one who wins OOCly based on score, not ICly.

I would also like more information about whatever is happening to the war machine that and the tribes of barbarians that have come with it. I wonder if there will be an 'epic battle' that claims the end of the war.

There will be more information on this barbarian horde later on, I'm not sure if I've even released the name of it yet in the text. That'll be rectified. All that is known so far, I believe, is that all of these barbarian tribes are Skavian and are being united under the flag of one barbarian warlord.

I thought it would be nice if the barbarians come in when both sides are weakened and defeated taking the whole of Salvar for themselves.

Remember this quote, I'm actually kind of surprised how close you are. But, I'm not going to get too into depth with those details of the chapter just yet. Since the barbarians are becoming a very popular subject, I'll make sure to include some missions reflecting them on the board.

All of which I'll get to as soon as I can, I just got home from an ROTC FTX and I'm scrambling to clean myself up. =P

oblueknighto
09-26-09, 09:54 PM
Oh, it's just me going on about my new character. I've always wanted a character that doesn't come from the original countries and Berevar is the easiest to make a character from since there is some information on it.

I hope that with my talking on about the idea I haven't spoiled the story that you had planned, I'm really sorry if that was the case.

Question: I am confused because you placed the rewards under the AQ questions. I just wanted to confirm that as long as you complete a set 'mission' well you earn the rewards for that side as long as that side, DOES win, right? Or is this only for Approved Quests?

Beauty
10-16-09, 07:33 PM
i've a question...

i'm thinking about taking on Wearing Harigrad, and I would like to have someone write on behalf of the church. My problem is that the person I have in mind, already has a character in the FQ. Does the rule about characters and multiple missions apply if the player in question is going to be playing an NPC in Wearing Harigrad instead of their regular character?

Saxon
10-18-09, 04:41 PM
i've a question...

i'm thinking about taking on Wearing Harigrad, and I would like to have someone write on behalf of the church. My problem is that the person I have in mind, already has a character in the FQ. Does the rule about characters and multiple missions apply if the player in question is going to be playing an NPC in Wearing Harigrad instead of their regular character?

Everyone gets one mission per person for each side. That means every player can have a Church and a League mission, but not more then one for each side. I'm not sure who you're speaking of for this mission, but if they've completed the mission then they can write in whatever mission you're organizing.

I hope that answers your question.

Duffy
10-18-09, 04:42 PM
She's referring to me Saxon, I've already got Ruby onboard.

I could have another PC from what I understand, but what about NPC'ing?

Saxon
10-18-09, 04:47 PM
It is my understanding that you're involved with Raiaera's portion of the FQ. If one of your characters is NOT involved in that part of the FQ with quests that are active right now, you can participate in the Salvar portion of the chapter.

I'm not sure which of your characters you don't have involved in the FQ, but my last count was at least two or three. Pick one that isn't involved and you can work on Wearing Harigrad.

I'm not getting into murky water with NPCs. There is no liquid time in the FQ, therefore you cannot be at two places at once i.e. both chapters if you have an active quest in one area. I was thinking about setting up and asking for NPC writers for specific characters in my part of the chapter, but that's for something else entirely.

Logan
12-14-09, 05:25 PM
Is the ATE basically like a big clan war-type tournament thing?

What are rules for participation, who can participate, and are there any requirements for participation?

Saxon
12-14-09, 05:31 PM
Not really. Both the League and Church are NPC organizations that players can be affiliated with if they choose to. Basically when registration for At the Edge opens up, there will be two sides people can sign up to be apart of, the League/Church. The winner of the war/battle is already predetermined by which ever side ends up having the most points by the end of the FQ, and as of right now it looks like it'll be the League.

The rules for participation are pretty simple. Once registration ends, the people who signed up will be allowed to post in a thread within the Heart of War designated "At the Edge" once it's opened. That thread will open at an assigned date after the chapter ends. When that happens, players can pretty much do whatever they like during the battle so long as they remember that whoever won the war during the chapter will win this battle. That's the lynchpin. Other then that, anyone who has or hasn't been involved with the FQ may join and participate in the battle.

The thread will be open for two weeks. After that, it'll be closed and judged after I post an 'epilogue' explaining the events following the war. Sometime either in between At the Edge or afterwards, rewards and recognition for the chapter will be distributed.

That's about it.

Logan
12-14-09, 05:34 PM
Sounds awesome! Thanks for the info.