PDA

View Full Version : Threshold: Part II [Recruiting]

Inkfinger
10-06-09, 09:20 PM
Ok, so. I have a solo in the works (not posted yet, but patience is a virtue, children!) where Cael's going to be dragged back into the Salvic swing of things, despite all his insistence that he's done with the nation.

Following that solo (timeline wise, not necessarily posting-wise) is going to be an Approved Quest. Cael will be using his portal abilities to allow the League of Salvic States access to something that they don't really have access to: almost every church in the nation, barring the Cathedral itself. He'll be helping recon and sabotage missions all over the continent, and undoubtedly anything else I can think of in the meantime.

So! If you want to help a somewhat neurotic Ink Mage spy on the Church of the Ethereal Sway, please state your interest here. I'll probably start the thread (and actually pick players) on Friday.

For the record: This will not be a high-speed thread. It won't (I hope) move the speed of molasses, but I'm a full-time student who tends to be nitpicky about her writing. It means that, while I will try to make sure it moves quickly enough that your characters aren't stuck in one thread for the entire chapter, I won't be posting once a day.

tl;dr:

Cael's going to be causing problems for the church. He'll need one or two helpers. You can be the helpers - just post your intentions.

Player 1: Yr Correspondent
Player 2: PENDING
Player 3: PENDING

Inkfinger
10-10-09, 08:28 AM
...alright then! Solo it is, though I'll try to leave it open should anyone change their mind. ;)

Visla Eraclaire
10-10-09, 08:33 AM
I can join once my threads are done, but I didn't want to get in on this slower thread and lock myself out of the things I have to do. I have one more to complete. Maybe I'll join late game if that's possible.

I'll read the thread as it goes and see what happens.

Za'kephazhala
10-10-09, 09:01 AM
Uhh, just read it. It seems that you WILL find out that someone or 'something' to be more accurate will be randomly burning up churches around Salvar.

Just that it seemed that 'recon and sabotage' had the word sabotage in it where my Approved Quest will pretty much be the exact same thing. Also, my thread is right below this one.

I can tell you that as long as someone else is aiming for anything related to destruction Zack would approve of such a person and tag along with that person or even cooperate with the person who is referred.

Inkfinger
10-10-09, 09:24 AM
I can join once my threads are done, but I didn't want to get in on this slower thread and lock myself out of the things I have to do. I have one more to complete. Maybe I'll join late game if that's possible.

I'll read the thread as it goes and see what happens.

Good plan. I hope to have this all sort-of storyboarded out, so that I know a rough outline of where everything will be headed and how quickly I can get it written, but life happens and I don't want to screw up anyone else's characters in the process. That's why I made sure I put that it probably wouldn't be fast. I will be trying to keep it open for late-game entries, since I often find them more realistic anyway.

Uhh, just read it. It seems that you WILL find out that someone or 'something' to be more accurate will be randomly burning up churches around Salvar.

Just that it seemed that 'recon and sabotage' had the word sabotage in it where my Approved Quest will pretty much be the exact same thing. Also, my thread is right below this one.

I can tell you that as long as someone else is aiming for anything related to destruction Zack would approve of such a person and tag along with that person or even cooperate with the person who is referred.

Cael is a subtle saboteur, and his main objective is getting League people in places for careful, surgical strikes. The main reason I didn't comment in your recruiting thread instead of creating my own is because a) ideally he wants there to be people left in the country who still, yanno, like him and don't want to put his head on a pike, b)destroying churches is 100%counterproductive to him actually being able to use his portal abilities, since all the portals are in churches, and c)first sign of killing innocents and he'd be away from Zack like a shot.

...also, at this time, posting every three days is right out of the question.

However, I will read your thread and make sure Cael has problems with areas where your character may have burned churches.

Za'kephazhala
10-10-09, 09:39 AM
Zack is shocked at his stupidity, he already knew that people wouldn't cooperate with him because of his destructive nature yet he asked for others to write with him.

Now regretting from the bottom of his heart he goes back off to the writing board to make a character that anybody would agree to write with for IC reasons.

Inkfinger
10-10-09, 09:48 AM
Well now, if that's your answer to the problem, far be it from me to stop ya. ;)

However. If we both got creative, I'm sure we could work something out: Enforced partnership in crime, Zack lying to get what he wants...if we figured out an in-character reason for Zack not to eviscerate Cael, and for Cael to not realize that Zack is a freaking psychopath oms heeeelp and run, without either character going madly out-of-character, I think it'd be fun.

That would only leave the posting rate to be a problem. Because there's no way I can fix that one, I'm afraid.

Za'kephazhala
10-10-09, 10:32 AM
Oh, the posting rate was just a guideline, just a warranty of some kind. It was just a push for people to actually post but if I know it's a regular then it isn't much of a problem.

About the IC OOCness I'll just try to emphasise how Zack is cooperating with powerful people from above to destroy more. Some emphases on that and some emphases on how he usually only kills the the helpless, if they attack as a group and he is given SPECIFIC orders then he shouldn't kill random innocent people that much, maybe kill anyone interfering but that would probably be them limit.

I personally think if it succeeds it would be fun but it would eventually come to an end because his nature will be revealed, I mean if Zack attacks anybody for fun he usually knows that they can't fight back or they won't fight back.

Ruby
10-10-09, 11:00 AM
I give you the Crimson Damsel in Distress, Miss Ruby La Roux (Mrs when her husband's around of course!)

I think she about fulfil's your requirements!

Inkfinger
10-10-09, 10:08 PM
Oh, the posting rate was just a guideline, just a warranty of some kind. It was just a push for people to actually post but if I know it's a regular then it isn't much of a problem.

About the IC OOCness I'll just try to emphasise how Zack is cooperating with powerful people from above to destroy more. Some emphases on that and some emphases on how he usually only kills the the helpless, if they attack as a group and he is given SPECIFIC orders then he shouldn't kill random innocent people that much, maybe kill anyone interfering but that would probably be them limit.

I personally think if it succeeds it would be fun but it would eventually come to an end because his nature will be revealed, I mean if Zack attacks anybody for fun he usually knows that they can't fight back or they won't fight back.

So, let me see if I've got this straight: Zack would be ordered to cooperate with Cael and the league men - or choose to cooperate with them, or however it may be - and he would listen for awhile, but then he'd revert to crazykillerskeletonthing? Because I can see that working...

I give you the Crimson Damsel in Distress, Miss Ruby La Roux (Mrs when her husband's around of course!)

I think she about fulfil's your requirements!
I talked to you about this one on AIM - but yes. Ruby should be thrilled if her portal malfunction goes better than Cael's did...;P

I'll be trying to work out a rough outline for this before the weekend's up, then, just so's I know where we're heading, so to speak.

Za'kephazhala
10-10-09, 11:53 PM
Yea, that's about what should happen. Zack only kills mercilessly kills people who don't fight back after all, as long as he gets to destroy as much as he can AFTERWARDS.

It's not like you mind if he kills everybody in the church since all your doing is setting it up anyway.

If possible I would have liked for Zack to make a mess of the churches in the neighbouring fiefdoms. I mean, his not always going to be with the league men and they have to sleep while he doesn't. No sleep, no eat, no exercise and no tiring.

Inkfinger
10-31-09, 04:21 PM
Alright, meine kinder, I hope to have the first post/outline of this up by tomorrow night at the latest; y'both still interested in it?