PDA

View Full Version : Scoring

Glass Crafter
11-06-09, 02:12 AM
(I apologize if this in the wrong thread)

When multiple people write, do they all get scored equally by default? Or are they judged as a group? Anything else I ought to know about this? Thanks for the help!

MetalDrago
11-06-09, 02:21 AM
When people write together as a group, each individual will often receive an individual score. Spoils, gold, experience, and other things are also decided on an individual basis. It's actually been awhile since the last time I saw a mass score.

Duffy
11-06-09, 03:02 AM
Battle threads, army battles and the like are judged by separate score, whereas threads that are quests get a single score for the combined efforts of everyone.

Visla Eraclaire
11-06-09, 10:11 AM
When people write together as a group, each individual will often receive an individual score. Spoils, gold, experience, and other things are also decided on an individual basis. It's actually been awhile since the last time I saw a mass score.

Er, that's... actually completely not true. The last thread that was judged was given a mass score, because it was a quest. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=156261#post156261)

Welcome, Glass.

Generally speaking, there are two ways of scoring a thread. If the people writing it are writing it as a battle (a writing competition, usually also involving competition In Character) each side gets a score and the resulting rewards are based in large part on which one gets the higher score. The winner gets much more experience than the loser.

However, if people are writing together cooperatively, which we generally call questing, the thread is given an overall score. Individual commentary is given to each player during the judgment, but the score given represents how well all the people together contributed. Rewards are given out based on the quality of the thread, rather than the quality of individual writers' efforts, though there are sometimes exceptions.

Hope that helped. Enjoy!